TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I say weigh yourself now, get a handle on it before you go away, and stick to SW like glue while you are away. You could say 'well I don't go on holiday very often so I am going to just enjoy it' but that assumes you can't enjoy a holiday and be sensible about food at the same time. Don't let yourself have it as an excuse and set yourself up for a failure before you have even got on the plane. Especially with slimming world, you can still have a little bit of cheese as a healthy extra and use your syns for wine - and eat free stuff for the rest of the day (fruit for brekkie, salad for lunch and a nice meat/veg main course for dinner. If you really feel yourself being tempted, give yourself the extra 15 'flexible syns' per day - so you would have 30 in total that day (1 bottle of wine!). At least that way you know that you will have a small loss or stay the same when you get back, and not a massive gain which will only demotivate you even more.

Lots of walking to see the sights, maybe even a run when you get the time (don't know if you run) and you can have a nice holiday and a nice weigh in when you return. Plus don't forget you can have as many moules marinaire as you like - they are free on SW!!!

Good luck and sorry if that sounds harsh, but you did ask for kicks to the posterior. Good luck and have a fab time!

Not a bit harsh! Thankyou! You're right about weighing before I go, if I don't I won't have anything to stop me since I wouldn't know where I'm starting. I didn't know the moules were free - that's lunch dealt with! Just stay away from the blasted bread. Can barbeque in the evenings because we're on a campsite. You're absolutely right. This is do-able if I put my mind to it. Don't really run but that's no reason not to start. Need to get my head round having one slice at the cheese and no more!

Not a bit harsh! Thankyou! You're right about weighing before I go, if I don't I won't have anything to stop me since I wouldn't know where I'm starting. I didn't know the moules were free - that's lunch dealt with! Just stay away from the blasted bread. Can barbeque in the evenings because we're on a campsite. You're absolutely right. This is do-able if I put my mind to it. Don't really run but that's no reason not to start. Need to get my head round having one slice at the cheese and no more!

With this attitude, you've got it nailed. "Don't really run but thats no reason not to start". Do it, you can tell us about your lovely runs (or jogs, or brisk walks) in France, and how you're keeping it up when you get back!

ellemcphersonsuglytwin said:

I got a tip
On the cheese when I did Sw. Buy a block and weigh out your daily allowed amounts and bag them
Seperately then freeze all the little portions you've weighed out. Take one out in a morning if it's what you want to have at dinner or tea time and that way you can't have any
More

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just checking in to say that after your great posts, spending an hour talking to my counsellor and really knuckling down, Im well back to it. I refuse to go down the route of self beating... it doesnt work for me and is part of the reason that I fail.... BUT, Im CHOOSING to do what Im doing because - Im worth it!!! So, yes, tough love is the right thing, but sometimes I think a bit of self knowledge about behaviour is a powerful partner to tough love!!! Am I making sense??

This thread is absolutely what I need! Large kicks to my lardy posterior please! I have been messing about for ages half-heartedly doing SW and expecting the weight to magically fall off and then surprised and dismayed when it doesn't?!? Haven't weighed myself for about a month. I'm going on holiday at the weekend and of course am nowhere near the size I intended to be for holidays. I don't want to give in to the poor me, such a failure boo hoo but I'm pretty ticked off with myself. I know it's not great timing to jump back on the wagon 4 days before going on holiday but you have to start where you are. Any advice oh wise harsh people on what I should do? Going to France - cheese bread wine problems. Should i weigh myself this week or wait until I come back?

yo Ugly - you start now sister

and there's no cheese/wine/bread problems unless you mainline them, just be cool and enjoy in strict moderation

plenty of exercise whilst on holiday and come back ready for the caning of your life

halfhearted is great. Expect half the results.

if you lucky

Last edited:
seems like the love gets tougher the less sleep I get

you lot better be singing lullabies in harmony all over the world tonight....:D

Ooh harsh!!!
I dont think you are doing too bad if you are getting 6-7 hrs. Perhaps try laying off the exercise at night and see how you go?
Although, with your extreme fishing and all nighters perhaps your body clock is a bit messed up???
My brother does extreme fishing - underwater with a spear off the coast of Kerry!!!

Ooh harsh!!!
I dont think you are doing too bad if you are getting 6-7 hrs. Perhaps try laying off the exercise at night and see how you go?
Although, with your extreme fishing and all nighters perhaps your body clock is a bit messed up???
My brother does extreme fishing - underwater with a spear off the coast of Kerry!!!

it does say tough love on the tin

I can't get up any earlier to exercise - well I can but I won't

maybe I will just for devilment :D

it does say tough love on the tin

I can't get up any earlier to exercise - well I can but I won't

maybe I will just for devilment :D

I know, and its appreciated..... even if it hurts!!!!

Can you exercise earlier in the evening instead??? Valerian for a couple of weeks?? Bioforce drops from HFS.
Natural but works.
:rolleyes:

useful Tough Love member of the month for June is ConLou1

for joining in with sensible suggestions, useful tips and no-nonsense encouragement

you win a double thrashing next time you waver - WELL DONE LOU!

:happy096:

Afternoon Bassers - I'm back from my few days in sunny (ha ha) Nottingham with a renewed vigour and push for the final 6 pounds. What's given me the boost I need - well lots and lots of shopping. I went into clothes shops I have never been in before as I was too large and not only found stuff to fit but it was not in the largest size they had to offer! Luckily we went in our van as Mr Sue took his motorbike down so I had loads of room for all my bags!!

Anyone who is wavering and needs tough love - get your arses into gear - and you will, literally, be able get your own arse into much smaller gear! :D

Afternoon Bassers - I'm back from my few days in sunny (ha ha) Nottingham with a renewed vigour and push for the final 6 pounds. What's given me the boost I need - well lots and lots of shopping. I went into clothes shops I have never been in before as I was too large and not only found stuff to fit but it was not in the largest size they had to offer! Luckily we went in our van as Mr Sue took his motorbike down so I had loads of room for all my bags!!

Anyone who is wavering and needs tough love - get your arses into gear - and you will, literally, be able get your own arse into much smaller gear! :D

nice one Sue, go slay them six pounds and we'll have a photo of you at target at the end of the month

Just checking in to say that after your great posts, spending an hour talking to my counsellor and really knuckling down, Im well back to it. I refuse to go down the route of self beating... it doesnt work for me and is part of the reason that I fail.... BUT, Im CHOOSING to do what Im doing because - Im worth it!!! So, yes, tough love is the right thing, but sometimes I think a bit of self knowledge about behaviour is a powerful partner to tough love!!! Am I making sense??

To me they are both about honesty and living in reality. Its easy for us fatties to kid ourselves, so we have to be tough and honest about why we are where we are, and what we are going to do about it. I think the more frank we are about that, without all the softly-softly approach just cuts out so much time wasting and playing about. You made sense to me, hope this reply made sense :)

Rod the Bass said:
useful Tough Love member of the month for June is ConLou1

for joining in with sensible suggestions, useful tips and no-nonsense encouragement

you win a double thrashing next time you waver - WELL DONE LOU!

:happy096:

Ooh thanks mr mean :D I certainly am NOT wavering my lack of sleep is quite frankly turning me into a bi-atch. Not only shelling out the tough love I'm giving myself an arse kicking too. I snacked last night it was within my cals but it was unnecessary and will not get me where I want to be as quick as I want. No snacking tonight. If I do you have my permission to kick my butt big time.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Going to an open air concert on Sunday, want to drink beer and eat take-away.
But I won't.
I will drink a sensible amount, and I will not have chips or burgers!!
Anyone got good options for fast food? There will be only burger vans at this event Im guessing!

But I won't.
Anyone got good options for fast food? There will be only burger vans at this event Im guessing!

If you could get salad in a pitta or something similar that would be fine, but burger van food isn't the way to go. I'd rather eat before and after, or take a pack-up lunch.

But I won't.

what time does the concert start? if its night time just make sure you have your tea before you go then take something with you that your diet permits? if its an all day thing just take a pack up of healthy foods. DO NO waste your money on burger vans, they are laden with fat, there is not one bit of good nutrition in it and it will cost you an absolute bomb AND youll feel really rubbish and guilty after. have a couple of beers if you want just eat really healthy through the day and budget for a bit of a treat byt being angelic around it....also the reason your going to this event is for the music i presume not the over priced beer and crap food....get it out of your head its not an option and it will make you gain weight. its only food.

Back