TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

No problem, so long as your cats are OK with my dog Sirius. He's a rescue dog, part alsatian, part black lab, part horse. He was starved as a puppy and as a result he eats ANYTHING when he gets stressed out. He once ate a floor (long story). If you say the word 'pussycats' he will go berserk and will quite happily smash people and furniture out of his way to get to the imaginary moggy.

He's patrolling with me this weekend.

Good. That counts as chitchat btw - thats what the girls do.

Now sort YOUR goal date out

ass kick No.1 complete

conlou1 said:
todays weight victory...just fit into the small dress i bought 2 months ago and couldnt even zip up :D WOOP

Hoooraaaayyy!! Well done conlou!! Excellent news! Take yourself off out for a celebratory diet coke tonight :)

image-612105526.jpg

Left...me at 12.7
Right ..me now

I'm at mothers for tea but she's on a health kick so will be ok :) its my birthday on Tuesday, I'm out Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday for meals! I need to do my homework!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeeee haw!
Just got into size 14 jeans for the first time in YEARS! And, they're not tight. Hoooorah.

Hoooraaaayyy!! Well done conlou!! Excellent news! Take yourself off out for a celebratory diet coke tonight :)
Just remember that that 'diet' coke is full of aspartame and citric acid, both of which will have the fun dual effect of inhibiting your liver function (making you burn less fat calories) and stimulating your appetite, making you feel hungrier.

Drink water between meals, or you might as well be eating a mars bar as far as your metabolism's concerned.

View attachment 55368

Left...me at 12.7
Right ..me now

I'm at mothers for tea but she's on a health kick so will be ok :) its my birthday on Tuesday, I'm out Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday for meals! I need to do my homework!!

If anyone is gonna do their homwork it's you, I have no fears at all

enjoy your birthday
great work Lou :clap:

love the dress :gen147:

I wouldn't worry too much about aspartame there have even hundreds of studies into it, and there has never been any evidence of its supposed dangers. I see lots of patients concerned about it, and there really is evidence of any value (I.e not from scare sites" that it is bad for you. And the same for citric acid. It's naturally occurring in citrus fruits and in many other foods.

Drink water in preference, but diet coke in moderation is fine. And definitely better than beer or wine in the pub.
I didn't say they were bad for you. I said that they were bad for your diet. They slow down your liver's production of glucagon, the crucial bit that makes the fat go away. They also stimulate appetite, which will either make you cheat on your diet, or feel miserable if you don't.

Rod the Bass said:
HEELS TEETH IT'S A DUDE!! there is ANOTHER MAN on Minimins!!!!

mate, you are VERY welcome to step in, these fabulous ladies are getting seriously motivated and I've needed help since about day two...

I'll intro you to the Bass Troop of girls, the rundown is this

Lou - extremely likely to succeed, in fact is a superstar
Exi - cool as you can get
Cat Sue - you have no trouble with her, now I know what "swinging" is, I'm OK! Oh and she fancies you.
LisaJade - she had a rough start, but she is THE DISCIPLE and she is on the jazz!
Emma - she's in and out of love with the idea that she's almost cracked it and prone to sabotage. Be nice to Emma - AND TOUGH
Kneehigh - keep her out of the trifle, job done
GettingFit - since day one, she's there, staying there and annoyingly excellent
Bonnie - she'll be good this week I have a feeling
Jezzi - she'll stop binging any day now, extra tough love required
Clarri - I like Clarri, she talk sense!! :)rolleyes:) but I've been harsh. No I'm not sorry
Sparty - likes being told off , I'm sure of it
Lulafrootloop - full of excuses, take no nonsense
Sasser - prone to female chitchat bullsh!t, shoot this down
Slimmersally - she's a teacher. Say no more
Patchninja - she lives in France I think. Mind the cheese!
Ugly - her posts are 18 miles long and full of excuses, take no nonsense from her. Double the lash! GOAL DATE REQUIRED
Faery - she's cool. Minor blips, but she's on it. Needs to prepare better. Plan to make her plan.

thats the main content of your new harem plus a few slack-jawed excuse-laden wannabe's who post but think they don't need us..

allow no girly chit-chat, no compliments and no talk of quitting. And any ASAP/when it happens/when I quit cheating etc dates are banned!

YOU HEAR ME? BANNED

as this is the tough love thread, you get the treatment as well , waver at your peril sunshine.

and seeing as you've offered your services, you're on duty here this weekend.

I'm going fishing....

Haha love this rod u really hav got us all down to a T. :)

I don't want to get into a slanging match over it, that's not what this thread is for, I just think comparing drinking diet coke at the pub to eating mars bars is a bit silly. Often its the best choice when out for drinks with friends, of course water is better most of the time but the occasional diet drink will not wreck your diet.
Ah, sorry all. I've done an awful lot of research into food, additives and body fat the last three weeks, so I've become a bit of a nutcase about it. I'll try not to impose my extreme (but correct :D ) views on you all in future.

We could do with some lectures on the perils of trifle and pizzas though :)
If you make them yourself with fresh natural ingredients, eat them as part of a proper meal time, and account for them truthfully in your chosen diet plan, then there's nothing wrong with either.

I suspect if you have a problem with them, it's because you buy ready-made garbage from the supermarket, stick it in the fridge and then eat it as "comfort" food, then say "ooh, it's only a few points/syns/whatevers, I'll make up for it tomorrow" rather than writing it down honestly.

Love Rod's run down of us all! Very good and made me smile.
Lou - fab pics and love the frock.
Whilst we are at "pat on the back" clothing experiences - Rod and Smiley look away NOW! - got measured for bras at the weekend and am now down from a 38H to a 34GG. Yes they are still gigantic but I am delighted (Mr Sue is less so for obvious reasons) and I fairly skipped out of the changing rooms clutching a feast of gorgeous bras!

Rod and Smiley - you can come back into the room now! LOL :D

I just weighed in and another 0.5 ON! I am gutted. First time I have gained 2 weeks on the trot. I'm still in shock and not sure what to do. I feel so humiliated. And it's my OH's birthday :(

I just weighed in and another 0.5 ON! I am gutted. First time I have gained 2 weeks on the trot. I'm still in shock and not sure what to do. I feel so humiliated. And it's my OH's birthday :(
According to Rod's list you're supposed to be his superstar, so you obviously know how to make it work for you. If you've hit a plateau, you need to toughen up and cut something else out, no excuses.

First step: come back and list all the stuff that you know deep down is breaking your diet (snacking? not counting certain treats? processed food instead of fresh? exercise?) Then you can either decide which you're going to cut out, or I'll decide for you.

He says you had a rough start, but came through it. Good for you. Now do it again - you can either make excuses or make a change.

Need some serious arse kicking....I need 12lb to reach my target and what have I just done...eaten cake,lots of it! That's on top of a choc bar and a bag of crisps earlier. I now feel sick and know that the scales will show the true extent of the damage and il feel even worse so what will I do-eat more! I need to break the cycle :(

I'm outta here, up early to glorious Cornwall for fishin and beach camping

thanks for all the tips, my food back is packed and I am on the path with nothing to worry about

its all good things and no crap at all

Lou, I didn't do the vitamins and all that nonsense, but I love that you cared enough to think I would and took time to post it up! thanks!

you all behave and walk the line this weekend

the-terminator.jpg

I'll be back

Rod the Bass said:

thanks for all the tips, my food back is packed and I am on the path with nothing to worry about

Lou, I didn't do the vitamins and all that nonsense, but I love that you cared enough to think I would and took time to post it up! thanks!

I'll be back

Glad to hear you are prepared! No cheating ya hear!! :)

Ooh ooh ooh Mr Rugby coach I've just remembered something you could help with. I have terrible flubby arms and I need to sort them out.
Most people have naturally good biceps, it's the triceps that get underused in modern life. Nowadays when we do muscle conditioning we try do use 'dynamic tension' which sounds fancy, but basically means 'get the muscles under tension, then move them as well'

Your best friend for arms is a coil spring bar - two handles connected by a stiff spring. Sometimes called a power bar as well. The patent on them ran out years ago, so you can get them very cheaply - I got one in a big supermarket for £15. If you can get one, do this exercise - you can do it sat in a dining chair while watching telly:

1) Hold the bar out in front of you, one hand on each end, palms downward
2) Bend the bar by twisting your wrists inwards, so that the bar makes an upside-down U shape, until your arms are parallel. Hold this position for a second.
3) Now slowly curl your arms, both at once, keeping the bar in the same shape. The bar will go over your head, try to get it as far down your back as possible (but not touching it). Rest a second when you're fully back.
4) Now slowly reverse that motion, bring your arms back out in front of you. Make sure you get them out as straight as you can. The last couple of inches will be hard - push THROUGH the pain.
5) Congratulations - you have done one rep (repetition, but say 'rep' to sound like an exercise nut). Do another nine to make ten in total. THIS WILL BE HARD...it's supposed to be.
6) When you have completed all ten, well done, you've now done a 'set'. Guess what, we're not finished.
7) Put the bar down and spend two minutes loosely shaking your arms, to get the blood pumping.
8) Now do another set, then another two minute shake. You're finished. Don't do this again for 48 hours.

After a while, you'll start to find this too easy, so move up to three sets. Then move to 15 reps per set, then four sets, then 20 reps, then five sets. Once you can do five sets of 20 reps with ease, you'll have muscles in your arms like steel cables. Always shake between sets, and after the last set or else you'll spend the next day in total agony, as opposed to partial agony. And don't do it on consecutive days.

And if you have fat on your arms, it will hide all that lovely muscle, which would be a total waste wouldn't it? Sadly, exercising your arms won't get rid of fat specifically on your arms, but increasing your muscles with strength conditioning will increase your metabolic rate, so it all helps.

Rod the Bass said:

I'll be back

Tut tut. Don't moan when your run down!! And vitamins ain't nonsense mister I take herbal
Supplements for hormone problems and without going into detail and making you cringe it's sorted it out. Don't under estimate the power of alternative medicine. Enjoy yourself and if you won't take vitamins I hope you have plenty of foods high in vitamin c. I'll shut up now

Back