TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

ellemcphersonsuglytwin said:
Lou, patchninja & sue - well done! Lou your before picture is me now - same weight and roughly same height Now I see what a difference it would make!

This last half a stone has made the biggest difference. People are noticing now and commenting. Stick To it and put your all into it. It's worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Enjoy your fishing Rod. Win and make us proud! :D

im a bit confused? you say you was UNDER your calorie allowance? thats good right? had you not had your snacks then you would have been way under and thats not good for you, this isnt a race or competition as to who can eat the least, look after yourself and dont be starving yourself, its not good lady!!!!!

I think I had brain blip more than anything. I whined about it to a friend and she looked at me like I was daft... and then I kind of realised that I was.

I suppose I'm just a bit paranoid about regaining this week because my loss was so big last week. I don't want to undo any of my hard work. That and I'd much rather use my calories to eat lots of lovely healthy things instead of a few not-so-good things. Also, I have basically stopped snacking and post swimming I went for the snacks like they were going out of fashion so I was a bit freaked out. Either way, I'd generally like to be prepared more for social situtions like BBQs, just like all the others on here!

I promise I am not starving myself :D

HEELS TEETH IT'S A DUDE!! there is ANOTHER MAN on Minimins!!!!

mate, you are VERY welcome to step in, these fabulous ladies are getting seriously motivated and I've needed help since about day two...

I'll intro you to the Bass Troop of girls, the rundown is this

Lou - extremely likely to succeed, in fact is a superstar
Exi - cool as you can get
Cat Sue - you have no trouble with her, now I know what "swinging" is, I'm OK! Oh and she fancies you.
LisaJade - she had a rough start, but she is THE DISCIPLE and she is on the jazz!
Emma - she's in and out of love with the idea that she's almost cracked it and prone to sabotage. Be nice to Emma - AND TOUGH
Kneehigh - keep her out of the trifle, job done
GettingFit - since day one, she's there, staying there and annoyingly excellent
Bonnie - she'll be good this week I have a feeling
Jezzi - she'll stop binging any day now, extra tough love required
Clarri - I like Clarri, she talk sense!! :)rolleyes:) but I've been harsh. No I'm not sorry
Sparty - likes being told off , I'm sure of it
Lulafrootloop - full of excuses, take no nonsense
Sasser - prone to female chitchat bullsh!t, shoot this down
Slimmersally - she's a teacher. Say no more
Patchninja - she lives in France I think. Mind the cheese!
Ugly - her posts are 18 miles long and full of excuses, take no nonsense from her. Double the lash! GOAL DATE REQUIRED
Faery - she's cool. Minor blips, but she's on it. Needs to prepare better. Plan to make her plan.

thats the main content of your new harem plus a few slack-jawed excuse-laden wannabe's who post but think they don't need us..

allow no girly chit-chat, no compliments and no talk of quitting. And any ASAP/when it happens/when I quit cheating etc dates are banned!

YOU HEAR ME? BANNED

as this is the tough love thread, you get the treatment as well , waver at your peril sunshine.

and seeing as you've offered your services, you're on duty here this weekend.

I'm going fishing....

This might be my favourite post ever <3

Off to a friends tomorrow. Got time to do a go on my elliptical in the morning and have lunch at home and then it's Korean Barbeque for dinner- lots of meat and veggies and no drinking... Hope all of you have brilliant and productive weekends.

And welcome SmileyMan!

faery_lights said:
I think I had brain blip more than anything. I whined about it to a friend and she looked at me like I was daft... and then I kind of realised that I was.

I suppose I'm just a bit paranoid about regaining this week because my loss was so big last week. I don't want to undo any of my hard work. That and I'd much rather use my calories to eat lots of lovely healthy things instead of a few not-so-good things. Also, I have basically stopped snacking and post swimming I went for the snacks like they were going out of fashion so I was a bit freaked out. Either way, I'd generally like to be prepared more for social situtions like BBQs, just like all the others on here!

I promise I am not starving myself :D

This might be my favourite post ever <3

Off to a friends tomorrow. Got time to do a go on my elliptical in the morning and have lunch at home and then it's Korean Barbeque for dinner- lots of meat and veggies and no drinking... Hope all of you have brilliant and productive weekends.

And welcome SmileyMan!

I hear ya on the unhealthy snack thing. It's a great attitude to have. I don't snack much at all but if I'm under 1200 for the day I have something to take me upto that amount. Don't panic you was still under, a one off unhealthy snack that hasn't taken you over your calories for the day will not hurt. Banana with you after swimming would be a good healthy snack of choice in future though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LisaJade - what you need to do is regroup! Make up your mind that you will not let this beat you. Look back over your week and try to identify if there is anything that could be the culprit (there must be something you are doing different/wrong if you have lost up to now). Have you sneaked in a few extra syns? Fat coke instead of diet?

Whatever you do - do not sabotage this week as well. Make sure you up the exercise and cut down on your syns a bit so that next WI you have a loss that makes up for the gains you have had the last two weeks. Pack yourself full of fruit - eat as much of it as humanly possible to keep yourself feeling full up and less likely to stray.

You CAN do this - analyse what went wrong, move on from it and try extra hard this week.

Wow Lou, what a transformation...the before is about where I am now, so it is really good to see the difference.

Smiley - I had a massive bout of paranoia about aspartame (not to mention the chemical very smilar to formaldehyde which is also in diet coke) et all. But for me, diet coke doesn't make me hungry, it is something I can do with my hands and mouth which makes me feel like I have consumed something and gives me something to do when I am not drinking alcohol. I agree it is a horrible chemical coctail, but at this point I have decided that it is more beneficial for my health to loose weight than it is to give up the diet coke. Once I am at goal, I will kick the habit.

Just wanted to say that I have atoned for my Pizza sulk on Wednesday night and went for a 4 mile run last night. It was tough but felt amazing to be running again (you would never know it but I used to run half marathons!) and nothing melts fat like running does in my experience. I WILL have a loos this week!!

HEELS TEETH IT'S A DUDE!! there is ANOTHER MAN on Minimins!!!!

mate, you are VERY welcome to step in, these fabulous ladies are getting seriously motivated and I've needed help since about day two...

I'll intro you to the Bass Troop of girls, the rundown is this

Lou - extremely likely to succeed, in fact is a superstar
Exi - cool as you can get
Cat Sue - you have no trouble with her, now I know what "swinging" is, I'm OK! Oh and she fancies you.
LisaJade - she had a rough start, but she is THE DISCIPLE and she is on the jazz!
Emma - she's in and out of love with the idea that she's almost cracked it and prone to sabotage. Be nice to Emma - AND TOUGH
Kneehigh - keep her out of the trifle, job done
GettingFit - since day one, she's there, staying there and annoyingly excellent
Bonnie - she'll be good this week I have a feeling
Jezzi - she'll stop binging any day now, extra tough love required
Clarri - I like Clarri, she talk sense!! :)rolleyes:) but I've been harsh. No I'm not sorry
Sparty - likes being told off , I'm sure of it
Lulafrootloop - full of excuses, take no nonsense
Sasser - prone to female chitchat bullsh!t, shoot this down
Slimmersally - she's a teacher. Say no more
Patchninja - she lives in France I think. Mind the cheese!
Ugly - her posts are 18 miles long and full of excuses, take no nonsense from her. Double the lash! GOAL DATE REQUIRED
Faery - she's cool. Minor blips, but she's on it. Needs to prepare better. Plan to make her plan.

thats the main content of your new harem plus a few slack-jawed excuse-laden wannabe's who post but think they don't need us..

allow no girly chit-chat, no compliments and no talk of quitting. And any ASAP/when it happens/when I quit cheating etc dates are banned!

YOU HEAR ME? BANNED

as this is the tough love thread, you get the treatment as well , waver at your peril sunshine.

and seeing as you've offered your services, you're on duty here this weekend.

I'm going fishing....

how did i miss this post? HILARIOUS!!! especially like the part where im a superstar! haha.

how did i miss this post? HILARIOUS!!! especially like the part where im a superstar! haha.

I think you have a fan, haha :D

I must say, you look amazing in that dress too! Well done on all your hard work!

Right, that's enough chit-chat. If you want to compliment each others dresses, hairdos or fake lashes, go do it somewhere else. Any more and Sirius is going kitty-hunting

This is the 'Tough Love' thread. Sometimes we are tough and sometimes we love. All in appropriate amounts! :D

Still on track, no naughtiness this week apart from the measured BBQ day, which was slightly over syns but have pulled back this week and have balanced out syns over the week (not even intentionally, just eaten very healthily this week). Upped my fruit and veg intake, no picking, no junk snacks, no binges. Hoping for a good loss. My weigh in is tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed hoping for 2lb off but will try not to sulk this time if it doesn't happen!

good luck, if youve put the effort in around it you will get the result you deserve.

conlou1 said:
damn it, we got caught!!! ok ok ill dust my ***** hat off and get back to work.....so whos been naughty today then???????

I haven't so far. But I am worrying about a family picnic I have on Sunday.

Last time I planned good food to take to the picnic but strayed anyway so I really want to stick to plan this time. I am having a flexi syns week as I am also out for a curry tomorrow night.

So far this week I have used 28 syns leaving me with 77. My lunch is 2 syns and I might use maybe 4 or 5 for my dinner. So that gives me about 70 for sat and sun.

I have worked out what I am going to be eating tomorrow night as best as I can and won't stray from my plan. That will use 31-36 depending on if I have 1 or 2 glasses of wine. the rest of the day will be free foods - fruit etc.

So, I have at worst 34 for Sunday. I plan to take; rice with veg, salad with some lean ham, carrot sticks and dip (might make this or spend some syns on a tasty low fat one) strawberries and meringues with yoghurt for something sweet. Does anyone have any other ideas for tasty things I can take with me? Everyone else will have crisps and pastry things which obviously I can't eat but I do want some nice bits as well as syn free bits!

Still on track, no naughtiness this week apart from the measured BBQ day, which was slightly over syns but have pulled back this week and have balanced out syns over the week (not even intentionally, just eaten very healthily this week). Upped my fruit and veg intake, no picking, no junk snacks, no binges.
This is outstanding, well done. If you're eating right and not having to do it intentionally, then you're well on your way. Don't get complacent though. Everyone should have a goal of posting reports like this.

Hoping for a good loss. My weigh in is tomorrow morning, so fingers crossed hoping for 2lb off but will try not to sulk this time if it doesn't happen!
But you can cut this out. 'Hope' is for losers and whingers, and so is sulking. If you have been following a well-thought-out diet plan, without cheating, then you will be changing your body for the better. That might not always show up as weight, especially if you've been exercising and building muscle. If you haven't lost weight, focus on how much better you feel within. If you have lost weight, celebrate, but don't get complacent.

This is outstanding, well done. If you're eating right and not having to do it intentionally, then you're well on your way. Don't get complacent though. Everyone should have a goal of posting reports like this.

But you can cut this out. 'Hope' is for losers and whingers, and so is sulking. If you have been following a well-thought-out diet plan, without cheating, then you will be changing your body for the better. That might not always show up as weight, especially if you've been exercising and building muscle. If you haven't lost weight, focus on how much better you feel within. If you have lost weight, celebrate, but don't get complacent.

just noticed your stats....almost a stone and a half in 8 days??? wow well done

speaking of celebrating losses...how do people celebrate their losses? i USED to celebrate by having a treat night but dont have any treat nights now i just try to eat pretty much the same all the time, i try really hard not to use food or drink as rewards, as someone said-im not a dog lol. so i just wondered how others celebrate losses? i feel like i want to give myself a treat for losing over 3 stone as getting under that 11 stone mark was a big personal achievement and i want to acknowledge it but not sure how? ideas on a postcard :D

conlou1 said:

speaking of celebrating losses...how do people celebrate their losses? i USED to celebrate by having a treat night but dont have any treat nights now i just try to eat pretty much the same all the time, i try really hard not to use food or drink as rewards, as someone said-im not a dog lol. so i just wondered how others celebrate losses? i feel like i want to give myself a treat for losing over 3 stone as getting under that 11 stone mark was a big personal achievement and i want to acknowledge it but not sure how? ideas on a postcard :D

Great idea!! How about a candlelit bath and half hour to just relax? Or buy yourself something that isn't food - a book or a new item of clothing now that you are super slim!? I have just started a gloats thread so people can post their small successes and feel proud so you could post in there?!

That's what happens if you take a 24 stone fatty and feed him 4000 calories for a week. I won't accept a 'well done' in this thread until I've got down to goal, got myself fit, and kept it going for five years.

Back