TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I'm back

I've had a quick look around, given the newbie a gentle lashing and I like what I see.

You can all take the p!ss all you like out of me, I don't give a hoot as long as you are walking your chosen line. And everyone is trying very hard, well done

there are quite a few "oo, wait till Rod gets back" posts! Are you scared to dish it out without me?? If so, WHY???

Here's my rundown

Packed a big bag of food based on LOTS of tips I got here - thanks guys

I traversed Cornwall with my mate Steve and a few other compers on occasion on search of the fish, we landed LOADS, had 5 hours sleep between friday morning 6am and last night (sunday) 12.30am

I left weighing 16-7

I returned weighing 16-5, which is what I am this morning - a new low and 4lbs away from 4st gone!

I have walked approx 30 miles this weekend up and down some very steep cliffs and not felt a thing. I slept in the rain under a tarpaulin on friday night and in the car on sat night

Yesterday I got up at 3.00am, walked three miles in the dark, clambered down a cliff face with three ropes, jumped gullies, avoided waves, cut myself off on the rising tide and landed this bad ***** - she took three minutes to fight and land and I ran approx fifty yards across the reef to stop her getting away. With a rucksack on my back!!

IMGP1454.jpg

If you imagine that 10,000 years ago people had to hunt like this every day just to live, it puts our sad, soft lives into very sharp perspective

Anyway this fish gave me 4th place (yes they come a LOT bigger) out of 63 in the comp.

This is what makes the planning and the discipline with my diet lifestyle worthwhile.

I am a miles better angler this year cos I am fitter to do it.

If you were fitter to do the things you love the most, how would you feel?

So a great weekend

Lost weight
4th best lure angler in Cornwall
plenty of fresh air and exercise
sleep would be great right now, but thats the price you pay, I'll catch up

and do you know what?

I thought of you guys every time I opened my cool bag

If everyone else has those motivational thoughts when away from the keyboard, those pounds of fat (great photo whoever that was!) are HISTORY

onwards and downwards

here are a few photo's, this is my version of chit-chat, if you don't like them fine, I don't like you lot yipping on about dresses and periods, but we'll all hang together and get through it ok?

Steve and the boys get down the cliff
CLF001.jpg

South Cornwall
CLF031.jpg

Yep we are going down there - don't look down, Alton Towers eat your heart out
CLF033.jpg

North Cornwall coast
CLF034.jpg

How romantic is that?
CLF038.jpg

Steve, Paul and Mat - yep, just let it drop a bit more and in we go
CLF035.jpg

now crack on people, I can do it and so can you

GAME ON

Awesome Post Rod! Congrats on the loss and on the fish and on your eating! I love the coolbag thing! :D

Hope you had a good weekend Rod.

Just chipping in with a very hard-earned 2p on the even numbers...

I gave up completely a couple of years ago, because I realised that I was drinking alone, and it didn't make my happy in any way, and I didn't like the person I was when I was drunk. After a year teetotal I starting drinking again, but only in very small amounts and proper social occasions. Nobody thought I was a killjoy, and it saved me a lot of money, and improved my health no end.

They key with exercise is to do the right sort of exercise - you need to build up lovely muscle that will increase your basal metabolic rate, so you can diet in your sleep. Bad exercise (e.g. jogging rather than running, or doing a feeble breaststroke in the granny lane) will damage your body, and a purely aerobic programme will cause you to LOSE muscle mass because your body will start to get rid of your muscle so that it's less to carry around. Do some strength training - you won't end up looking like Arnie or Jodie Marsh unless you go to the extremes that they do, you'll just look sleek and sexy.

Being on a 100% food replacement diet, this is the hardest bit. I still cook for the family, and the 'automatic feeding' is the hardest thing to control - last night I nearly snaffled a spare roast potato! One of the things I've realised now that I can't eat at all is just how much extra stuff you can end up eating, especially if you're a parent cooking family meals - if you think about popping in that tattie, but you've already got four on the plate. And you have to get in the habit of putting leftovers in the bin or in the dog.

If you're following Rod's rules, why not add Smiley's Golden Rule - no snacking between meals, including fizzy drinks or sugary tea and coffee. Get all your calories at meal times, and get nothing inbetween

this was one change i made a few weeks ago and its the one thats made the biggest difference, i have 1200 calories a day and id rather use them at meal times than snack on stuff i dont really need and end up with a measly portion at meal times, i do sometimes hold a few cals back to have a snack on a night...but i dont snack freely on fruit and yogurt like i used to.

I definitely agree with you Rod about tough love- it's an approach that is certainly helping me. It took me 3 months to lose 9lbs. I have been Calorie counting and tough loving for 3 weeks- 10.5lbs gone in that time.

The calorie counting is helping me control the food, this thread helps me stay motivated and focus on my goals and why I am doing this. It has really bolstered my self-belief that I can do this and helped me cut all the excuses and snacking out. Hooray for tough love.

Glad you had fun Lou and glad you are back on the bandwagon today. Eating out is one of the hardest things about this process!

And yes Rod, how did you do? :)

the eating bit was easy peasy...it was the alcohol lol. im not hungover today though which is bizarre as i was really quite drunk :D but im pleased i feel ok as i can plan with a clear head what to eat today.

rod- the pictures look amazing!!! and well done on the 2 pound drop..you must feel very proud! hope you manage to catch up on your sleep, sleep deprivation is the pits..please consider some berrocca :D i nag cos i care lol

Looking amazing Lou!

Welcome back Rod and well done on your fishy achievement as well as your weight loss. Good on ya pal! xx

damn it's a better picture than mine, I must remember to put my hand on my hip next time I land a big bass!!! LOL

well done for posting, inspiration right there you people

hahahaha im a poser at the minute, and a bragger but i dont care ive worked damn hard to shift that 3 stone i think ive earnt the right to brag a bit :D hand on hip is the must do picture pose, it thins out the old bingo wings and shows off your shape, try it next time lol....maybe not whilst wearing a dress though...unless thats how you roll :D (fully expecting a pic of rod in a dress with his hand on his hip to appear now lol)

thank you people

what makes me laugh is that people spend thousands trotting across the world in search of adventure and seeking to "find themselves" and the answer may be closer than you think

if you spent 24 hours on the coast with me in Cornwall, you could find out all you need to know about facing up to a few challenges on flab!

if this seems like hell to you, maybe you should should consider cheating on your diet a lot - I'll make you come with me!

Ok so I went ott on the booze last night. I normally stick to 1200-1500 cals a day but had in excess of 2000. I lost control celebrating but we had a fantastic night and it was worth it. Im back in control today. I have a meal tomorrow and Wednesday and have decided not to drink as I think I'll be in for a gain anyway this week which I'm ok with as I'll get it off again next week but I don't want it to be a big gain. I'm also at a hen do Saturday and were going to red hot buffet do I need to do some research I hear it's all very fattening though :/ I'm with family Saturday so will be limiting alcohol massively and it won't be an issue. Onwards and downwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Well written. Bob Harper, he of "Biggest Loser" has written a book - Skinny Rules.... he says 2 things in relation to what you have written about..... the first, is agreeing with Rod.... "Dont drink your Calories"... I like that rule, cause as much as I like the very odd drink, it really poisons my body...." BUT, saying that, another one of his rules is "have one indulge meal".... by that I presume he means food rather than alcohol, but tbh if its on such a special occasion like your anniversary, and you didnt fall into the "Im starving for a kebab" trap, well done you!!

Hope you had a good weekend Rod.

Just chipping in with a very hard-earned 2p on the even numbers...

I gave up completely a couple of years ago, because I realised that I was drinking alone, and it didn't make my happy in any way, and I didn't like the person I was when I was drunk. After a year teetotal I starting drinking again, but only in very small amounts and proper social occasions. Nobody thought I was a killjoy, and it saved me a lot of money, and improved my health no end.

They key with exercise is to do the right sort of exercise - you need to build up lovely muscle that will increase your basal metabolic rate, so you can diet in your sleep. Bad exercise (e.g. jogging rather than running, or doing a feeble breaststroke in the granny lane) will damage your body, and a purely aerobic programme will cause you to LOSE muscle mass because your body will start to get rid of your muscle so that it's less to carry around. Do some strength training - you won't end up looking like Arnie or Jodie Marsh unless you go to the extremes that they do, you'll just look sleek and sexy.

Being on a 100% food replacement diet, this is the hardest bit. I still cook for the family, and the 'automatic feeding' is the hardest thing to control - last night I nearly snaffled a spare roast potato! One of the things I've realised now that I can't eat at all is just how much extra stuff you can end up eating, especially if you're a parent cooking family meals - if you think about popping in that tattie, but you've already got four on the plate. And you have to get in the habit of putting leftovers in the bin or in the dog.

If you're following Rod's rules, why not add Smiley's Golden Rule - no snacking between meals, including fizzy drinks or sugary tea and coffee. Get all your calories at meal times, and get nothing inbetween.
I like that rule Smiley.... its so true what you say. Im calorie counting and trying to eat cleanly, and the last "diet" I did, lean meats etc, were free..... I found myself the other day reverting to that thinking and picking at chicken in the fridge, with a voice saying, its ok, its lean protein.... but probably about 100 calories added to my daily total too..... I have to say, I do like the odd cup of tea though, gets me through a time where I could easily reach for something foody..... so Im not sure that I could do that one... but I dont have sugar in tea of coffee, and the merest splash of milk.... which will be coconut milk from today when I buy it!

I definitely agree with you Rod about tough love- it's an approach that is certainly helping me. It took me 3 months to lose 9lbs. I have been Calorie counting and tough loving for 3 weeks- 10.5lbs gone in that time.

The calorie counting is helping me control the food, this thread helps me stay motivated and focus on my goals and why I am doing this. It has really bolstered my self-belief that I can do this and helped me cut all the excuses and snacking out. Hooray for tough love.

Glad you had fun Lou and glad you are back on the bandwagon today. Eating out is one of the hardest things about this process!

And yes Rod, how did you do? :)
Im calorie counting too and find the same, much better control, but also, I can choose to eat what I want to... Good on you with that weight loss..... :)

I'm back

I've had a quick look around, given the newbie a gentle lashing and I like what I see.

You can all take the p!ss all you like out of me, I don't give a hoot as long as you are walking your chosen line. And everyone is trying very hard, well done

there are quite a few "oo, wait till Rod gets back" posts! Are you scared to dish it out without me?? If so, WHY???

Here's my rundown

Packed a big bag of food based on LOTS of tips I got here - thanks guys

I traversed Cornwall with my mate Steve and a few other compers on occasion on search of the fish, we landed LOADS, had 5 hours sleep between friday morning 6am and last night (sunday) 12.30am

I left weighing 16-7

I returned weighing 16-5, which is what I am this morning - a new low and 4lbs away from 4st gone!

I have walked approx 30 miles this weekend up and down some very steep cliffs and not felt a thing. I slept in the rain under a tarpaulin on friday night and in the car on sat night

Yesterday I got up at 3.00am, walked three miles in the dark, clambered down a cliff face with three ropes, jumped gullies, avoided waves, cut myself off on the rising tide and landed this bad ***** - she took three minutes to fight and land and I ran approx fifty yards across the reef to stop her getting away. With a rucksack on my back!!

IMGP1454.jpg

If you imagine that 10,000 years ago people had to hunt like this every day just to live, it puts our sad, soft lives into very sharp perspective

Anyway this fish gave me 4th place (yes they come a LOT bigger) out of 63 in the comp.

This is what makes the planning and the discipline with my diet lifestyle worthwhile.

I am a miles better angler this year cos I am fitter to do it.

If you were fitter to do the things you love the most, how would you feel?

So a great weekend

Lost weight
4th best lure angler in Cornwall
plenty of fresh air and exercise
sleep would be great right now, but thats the price you pay, I'll catch up

and do you know what?

I thought of you guys every time I opened my cool bag

If everyone else has those motivational thoughts when away from the keyboard, those pounds of fat (great photo whoever that was!) are HISTORY

onwards and downwards

here are a few photo's, this is my version of chit-chat, if you don't like them fine, I don't like you lot yipping on about dresses and periods, but we'll all hang together and get through it ok?

Steve and the boys get down the cliff
CLF001.jpg

South Cornwall
CLF031.jpg

Yep we are going down there - don't look down, Alton Towers eat your heart out
CLF033.jpg

North Cornwall coast
CLF034.jpg

How romantic is that?
CLF038.jpg

Steve, Paul and Mat - yep, just let it drop a bit more and in we go
CLF035.jpg

now crack on people, I can do it and so can you

GAME ON
Great update Rod, great pictures, and good weight loss..... King Rod..... all hail!!

while were posting pictures...heres one of me wearing my SIZE 12 :D birthday present from the hubby

View attachment 55798

You look amazing....... really amazing... Like out of a magazine.... Fair play to you!!! x

Tough Love works. Ive been giving myself tough love and reading it here is really motivating. I like that we can make millions of excuses, all the time, but when it boils down to it, we are only fooling ourselves.... and how foolish do we feel then.....

Have a great week everyone.

hahahaha im a poser at the minute, and a bragger but i dont care ive worked damn hard to shift that 3 stone i think ive earnt the right to brag a bit :D hand on hip is the must do picture pose, it thins out the old bingo wings and shows off your shape, try it next time lol....maybe not whilst wearing a dress though...unless thats how you roll :D (fully expecting a pic of rod in a dress with his hand on his hip to appear now lol)

quite right, you earned the bragging rights, brag away sister - and it's a good reminder that you don't wanna go back up again too

I am not sure what size I am in ladies any more, I've sort of moved on from that "phase" I went through

I'm probably a size 28, but looking to be a 20 at the end, LOL

If anyone is actually the same weight as me (16-5 ish) and offended that I think this is a size 28, don't be, I haven't a clue!! LOL

I am 6ft 1" with broad shoulders though!

the picture of me hand on hip in a dress, as nice as it would be for you all, just ain't gonna happen :D

clarri said:
Well written. Bob Harper, he of "Biggest Loser" has written a book - Skinny Rules.... he says 2 things in relation to what you have written about..... the first, is agreeing with Rod.... "Dont drink your Calories"... I like that rule, cause as much as I like the very odd drink, it really poisons my body...." BUT, saying that, another one of his rules is "have one indulge meal".... by that I presume he means food rather than alcohol, but tbh if its on such a special occasion like your anniversary, and you didnt fall into the "Im starving for a kebab" trap, well done you!!

I like that rule Smiley.... its so true what you say. Im calorie counting and trying to eat cleanly, and the last "diet" I did, lean meats etc, were free..... I found myself the other day reverting to that thinking and picking at chicken in the fridge, with a voice saying, its ok, its lean protein.... but probably about 100 calories added to my daily total too..... I have to say, I do like the odd cup of tea though, gets me through a time where I could easily reach for something foody..... so Im not sure that I could do that one... but I dont have sugar in tea of coffee, and the merest splash of milk.... which will be coconut milk from today when I buy it!

Im calorie counting too and find the same, much better control, but also, I can choose to eat what I want to... Good on you with that weight loss..... :)

Great update Rod, great pictures, and good weight loss..... King Rod..... all hail!!

You look amazing....... really amazing... Like out of a magazine.... Fair play to you!!! x

Tough Love works. Ive been giving myself tough love and reading it here is really motivating. I like that we can make millions of excuses, all the time, but when it boils down to it, we are only fooling ourselves.... and how foolish do we feel then.....

Have a great week everyone.

Aw that is the nicest compliment I've ever had, thank you so much

Also a great post and I will rep you when I'm on the laptop.

When I was 17, and in a rock band, I wore a pair of size 12 very skinny jeans from Kensington Market. No matter how hard I diet, that ship has probably sailed. I'd settle for being able to shop in a normal department store instead of the fat bloke emporium. It's not on my list, but one of my goals is to get a new suit in time for job interviews in September, and to buy it from M&S. And to have a choice, rather than "the only one we do in XXXXXXXXXXXXXL"

And Rod's right - you don't need to go anywhere to find yourself. I found a bit of myself this weekend in a bowl of flour and water.

Rod the Bass said:
quite right, you earned the bragging rights, brag away sister - and it's a good reminder that you don't wanna go back up again too

I am not sure what size I am in ladies any more, I've sort of moved on from that "phase" I went through

I'm probably a size 28, but looking to be a 20 at the end, LOL

If anyone is actually the same weight as me (16-5 ish) and offended that I think this is a size 28, don't be, I haven't a clue!! LOL

I am 6ft 1" with broad shoulders though!

the picture of me hand on hip in a dress, as nice as it would be for you all, just ain't gonna happen :D

OH MY GOD that made me pee myself laughing hahaha

Sorry everyone, have been lurking for a while as had a really busy weekend. Have been totally angelic though, including running a total of 7 miles over the w/e.

Lou - I know I am going to get shot down in flames for this but I would say don't beat yourself up about the wine (you haven't). For any other flappy weak-willed porker, I would be much tougher, but there has to be some room for enjoyment in life. Since your will is usually iron, the fact that you are back in control and made a choice that for one night you would let yourself off, it is a mere teeny blip in an otherwise smooth path.

Well c'mon Rod, show us what your're made of! Did you stick to plan this weekend??(or have I just missed your post?)

Oops, sorry Rod, found your 'I'm Back' post. Well done and how satisfying to be better at something you love because you have shed the flab. What an amazing hobby to spend all that time in such gorgeous surroundings (even in the rain). Go Rod!

BonnieBooBear said:
Sorry everyone, have been lurking for a while as had a really busy weekend. Have been totally angelic though, including running a total of 7 miles over the w/e.

Lou - I know I am going to get shot down in flames for this but I would say don't beat yourself up about the wine (you haven't). For any other flappy weak-willed porker, I would be much tougher, but there has to be some room for enjoyment in life. Since your will is usually iron, the fact that you are back in control and made a choice that for one night you would let yourself off, it is a mere teeny blip in an otherwise smooth path.

Well c'mon Rod, show us what your're made of! Did you stick to plan this weekend??(or have I just missed your post?)

Aw thanks Hun. Yeah I did feel
Bad this morning but then just realised that it was a very rare occurance recently and one that won't be repeated for a long time. I'm cutting out carbs where possible this week to try make up for it. I got weighed this morning and it's showing a pound gain, but I can gain and lose overnight anyway due to water retention so I'm not worried. I NEVER get to go out with the hubby alone so I didn't want to be sat drinking water all night ;) he's feeling rough today haha and the poor sod had to get up at 6!! Oh well just making a nice ham salad, and going to down several pints of water.....and a berrocca (are u listening rod)

I'm 16-6 and a 18 on top and 20 on the bottom. I'm 5'7 but no broad shoulders, just a broad bum, hips, thighs, etc. I know some specialist shops that could measure you up ;)

Hang on, I'm pretty relaxed, but I just want it on record that I'm not in the market for dresses, you've seen what I do at weekends and it doesn't include me whacking on a bad wig, shaving every 2 hours and insisting on being called Juliana in a deep voice

each to their own and all that - but this could get outta hand!

:nono:

Rod the Bass said:
Hang on, I'm pretty relaxed, but I just want it on record that I'm not in the market for dresses, you've seen what I do at weekends and it doesn't include me whacking on a bad wig, shaving every 2 hours and insisting on being called Juliana in a deep voice

each to their own and all that - but this could get outta hand!

:nono:

Spoil sport

I have a suggestion- how about we make a bet with Rod about how much the rest of us can lose over a certain time and if we win- dress picture? ;)

Back