TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Just began reading the full thread now and I love it. On my countless times on here, on countless diets I would have loved someone to say to me "oh you cheated while on a vlcd, so you've thrown 65euro away this week plus the cost of the fatty food you've just devoured", "ah you've bought a ten week pass for weight watchers, why not give it to someone who will actually make proper use of it-yes i saw your food entry today!" "Oh day 1 again, lets hope its not like all the other hundred day 1 threads I've seen you post!"
Ok, if id gotten those replies i may have been a bit upset but it may have helped more than the kind but deluded messages I've received-and given!- over the years!
Count me in :)

:479:

Ok, so it was me who PM'd Rod with the suggestion that we have a "group" for Tough Love - Apply Within so that there could be some different threads.

I would like it noted that the "Cat" thread was a tongue in cheek suggestion
!! Although after reading today's posts perhaps one is needed!!

:kitty:

The discussions suggested are available on other parts of minimins, but I thought it would be nice to have some chat/banter/celebration with the straight talking, hard hitting Bassers. This thread is gathering pace and it might be easier in future to have different threads for different topics . . . it was just a suggestion though . . .
:hide:

Just began reading the full thread now and I love it. On my countless times on here, on countless diets I would have loved someone to say to me "oh you cheated while on a vlcd, so you've thrown 65euro away this week plus the cost of the fatty food you've just devoured", "ah you've bought a ten week pass for weight watchers, why not give it to someone who will actually make proper use of it-yes i saw your food entry today!" "Oh day 1 again, lets hope its not like all the other hundred day 1 threads I've seen you post!"
Ok, if id gotten those replies i may have been a bit upset but it may have helped more than the kind but deluded messages I've received-and given!- over the years!
Count me in :)

good stuff Daisy

were not here to upset you, if you get upset, thats your by-product of subscription, not mine and I will sleep just fine

no-one is EVER nasty, but bullsh!t and excuses are not given or accepted - you just do what you say you are gonna do

week by week, I see TL threaders waking up to the fact that, hey it ain't so bad...and the wobbles, when they happen (and everyone wobbles) generally are smaller

its about conscience, honesty and truth

and if you're honest you can't gain

and if you're honest with this thread, you may get put straight or you'll get a well done - what you gonna do next week?

cos thats how it is and thats how it will always have to be

welcome, post away, your stats tell me you are on the jazz

only one rule - goal date please!

Yeah i am rod i had a gud think after being over indulgent and realised i want to do this and need to do this! Been gym today really enjoyed it back again on friday swimming saturday :)

attagirl, I was worried that you'd fall off - well done for talking to yourself Emma - looks like you won the argument!

A hard run home will be worth it in the end, I think you are the closest to target time wise, we're all rooting for you

whats the goal date? 2012 is no good to me!

Rod the Bass said:
good stuff Daisy

were not here to upset you, if you get upset, thats your by-product of subscription, not mine and I will sleep just fine

no-one is EVER nasty, but bullsh!t and excuses are not given or accepted - you just do what you say you are gonna do

week by week, I see TL threaders waking up to the fact that, hey it ain't so bad...and the wobbles, when they happen (and everyone wobbles) generally are smaller

its about conscience, honesty and truth

and if you're honest you can't gain

and if you're honest with this thread, you may get put straight or you'll get a well done - what you gonna do next week?

cos thats how it is and thats how it will always have to be

welcome, post away, your stats tell me you are on the jazz

only one rule - goal date please!

Oh don't mind my stats, I've no idea what they say to be honest as they don't appear on my app! Will try to get my rubbish laptop up and running later to adjust!
Im on Lipotrim, just finished week 3 and have lost 21lbs. My mini goal date is 26th August, when I come off LT and venture to either Slim and Save or SW. Still undecided but will have a plan in place in advance as history as taught me I don't work well without a plan!
I'll keep reading through the thread and learn more about you all!

Oh don't mind my stats, I've no idea what they say to be honest as they don't appear on my app! Will try to get my rubbish laptop up and running later to adjust!
Im on Lipotrim, just finished week 3 and have lost 21lbs. My mini goal date is 26th August, when I come off LT and venture to either Slim and Save or SW. Still undecided but will have a plan in place in advance as history as taught me I don't work well without a plan!
I'll keep reading through the thread and learn more about you all!

yep, you need to have a plan for it Daisy, 26th August is looming and I'll expect to see some sort of celebration

everyone is cool here, I get pretty much to say what I want 99% of the time and no-one gets upset, they just get my way of thinking

I do try to be funny, it doesn't come of that well I dont think, but all men think they're funny don't they?

it wont work without people posting, you have to contribute

you gonna cheat? I guarantee you will think twice after subscribing here for a week

Waaaaaay too much chitter chatter going on in here, so I'm bringing it back home.

Having lectured you all about your exercise, I decided to eat my own words, so I just went and got a new pair of cushioned walking shoes, and I'm planning myself a gentle one mile route for this evening. I'm not really supposed to exercise on LipoTrim, but a brisk walk won't kill me, and getting my circulation pumping will help with a lot of the problems.

Im one of those that has drawn and had foolscap pages of lines drawn for me and by me. But no more....... its ok, it wasnt the time... IT IS NOW!!!

Oh and Ive done 60 minutes intense workout, ten minutes kettlebelling and 8 turkish get ups.... with an 8k bell... GET IN THERE!!!

I think if someones funny they have an automatic licence to say pretty much whatever they please! The thread is good and chunky so far and Im looking forward to reading it thoroughly, almost as much as 50 shades part two!
Yeah Im off on my hols for the first week of September so that'll be my celebration but we booked our apartment on top of a massive hill nicknamed cardiac hill so there's simply no escaping daily exercise! Looking forward to planning my next venture after LT to be honest because in the past few months my whole attitude to exercise has changed dramatically, i swim at least twice a week and actually enjoy it-we do races and I've gotten fiercely competitive which does me good, and i started the couch to 5k too. Im so amazed at what my out of shape body can do, it excites me.
So new attitude to food will be next. I don't know what diets most of you are on but hopefully over the coming weeks I can start getting some idea what to do next.
Sorry for the ramble, Im either very quiet or chattering on incessantly!!

SmileyMan said:
Waaaaaay too much chitter chatter going on in here, so I'm bringing it back home.

Having lectured you all about your exercise, I decided to eat my own words, so I just went and got a new pair of cushioned walking shoes, and I'm planning myself a gentle one mile route for this evening. I'm not really supposed to exercise on LipoTrim, but a brisk walk won't kill me, and getting my circulation pumping will help with a lot of the problems.

Hey smileyman -love the name-Im on Lipotrim too, are you on week 1 or are you not meant to exercise for other reasons? My pharmacist encourages me to exercise and I reckon it's really keeping me on track too. Enjoy your walk!

sparty said:
oooh ibiza!! that hill will certainly help cut down your holiday indulgences!! (Not that we allow any in here!) :)

Oh I wish it was Ibiza I love it there, it's Lanzerote I've never been before but anyone I speak to it like what cardiac hill you must be mad, but the inner skinny me is quite delighted she may be released sooner as a result :)

I'm halfway through week 2, but my pharmacist said no strenuous exercise for now. Basically I'm so fat, that every exercise I do consumes a lot more energy than it would for normal-sized people, and my body's going to need every one of those 569 calories just to stay alive each day. But I got to the end of yesterday and I didn't even want my second shake (hard to force it down at nearly midnight, bleurgh), so I figured I need a little bit of a kick to get myself hungry again.

When I get under 20 stone, I shall definitely switch it up a gear, don't you worry.

hey Daisy, all the guys here are on all sorts of plans, the only common denominator is determination I think

my thing is home-made common sense, I have no idea generally about "what to do" so please excuse my ignorance about different diets etc

all I know is how everyone should do it - by the letter!

I'm halfway through week 2, but my pharmacist said no strenuous exercise for now. Basically I'm so fat, that every exercise I do consumes a lot more energy than it would for normal-sized people, and my body's going to need every one of those 569 calories just to stay alive each day. But I got to the end of yesterday and I didn't even want my second shake (hard to force it down at nearly midnight, bleurgh), so I figured I need a little bit of a kick to get myself hungry again.

When I get under 20 stone, I shall definitely switch it up a gear, don't you worry.

I just want to ask you, hope you don't mind - your goal is ten stone nine?? at 5-10 you are gonna be lean my friend

is that correct?

Haha smileyman don't worry I wasn't checking up on you :) you'll be surprised how a brisk walk a couple of times a week will make you feel great and give you a hunger for more, not to mention the health benefits! Great to see another LTer over here!

I just want to ask you, hope you don't mind - your goal is ten stone nine?? at 5-10 you are gonna be lean my friend

is that correct?

It's BMI 21.5, which is slap bang in the middle of the healthy range. My long-term goal is to be a muscley 11-12st, but the current plan is to undershoot that weight through VLCD and then build, rather than diet to 12 then try and convert.

Back