TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

At work so limited time to scan the thread BUT Smiley Man if you get sniggers and comments - just think to yourself when you're out and about - in 6 months time I will weigh considerably less and you my friend will still be a complete no-hoper of a Kilo-November-Oscar-Bravo Jockey! :D

OH MY BLOODY GOD its a food lovers dream, a dieters nightmare!!! i was drooling readin the menu hahaha. im going to try sushi i think, ive never had it before and its low in cals and good for you so i hear. either that or ill have a salad, or curry without the rice. cant believe the size of the menu!!!

I can't comment on your birthday meal without sounding like a 99% er. it's tough, you did it, drive on. Being mad is good, this is resolve...

what you do next is critical

we should not forget that planning social pitfalls will be crucial when maintaining, so time to start is now - this isn't just Lou but everyone

sushi is LOOOOVELY, but as Smiley Too-cool-to-Walk pointed out mind the carbs in the rice

but as a low fat option, you could do a lot worse

personally I'd go grilled fish or white meat and salad if thats an option, I am not gonna read the menu, but I always start there anyway

I usually order two salads cos I'm big and the waiting staff think its funny, but it all goes in

I'll tell you about a bit of good news regarding when I was out hunting salad earlier in a bit.....

buckle down Lou, a lot of people look at you for inspiration

I was out hunting down my daily salad earlier, sometime I have some left here at work, other times I gotta go get it

I was nearest to a BIG Asda, so found my big bag o salad ok, but I went in the far end, cos I like to walk...

I won't walk in the food hall end, I walk in the clothes hall end and walk down to the salads...just keep walking....

I had a girly moment walking past the jeans and thought "I wonder"....

I grabbed some 36W-33L SLIM FIT uber-cool jeans and went in the changing rooms

they fit me. They fit me well, comfortably and properly

I was gobsmacked.

I nearly bought em, but I didn't like the arse pocket, it was way down low and I'll be sitting on me wallet all the time which is tres' uncomfortable...

but there you go

first time in 36's since 1996

I think I'll finish up in 34's with two stone to go, but I do need some interim jeans I think

do you suggest I buy some or keep on wearing the old jeans yanked in until I hit target???

what would you do??

That's a very good question sparty - specially a lotta people on here have full time jobs and or children, its possibly the most important part of your routine to plan for exercise as you do with food. It takes some out of the box thinking! For a lotta people walking or running/joggin works best cause they can just throw on the runners and out you go - if you run you can get a lot done in 20-30 minutes. Other people find home exercise dvds like Jillian Michaels (big fan) or P90x great for flexibility, or a combination of both (personal favourite).
Its definately most important if you struggle to exercise that you fit it in in a way that means you dont miss out on other things or you just won't keep it up. It might mean getting up 30 minutes earlier in the morning and doing some home weights before work but its certainly worth it for long term weight maintanence, fabulous looking skin, retaining bone density and self confidence amongst millions of other reasons.

Where do you lot find the time for all this exercise eh??

Are you neglecting iron in your diet? Could be slight anaemia. Iron is easy to get - just munch some nice lean red meat. If you want to go veggie, then you need VERY dark green veg, but that's not enough - green means Iron III, and you need to convert it to red Iron II. Vitamin C does this for you, so get some diced fresh fruit on there as well.

Buy ones you ABSOLUTELY LOVE in a 34 and hang them in plain sight until you fit in em!
I was out hunting down my daily salad earlier, sometime I have some left here at work, other times I gotta go get it

I was nearest to a BIG Asda, so found my big bag o salad ok, but I went in the far end, cos I like to walk...

I won't walk in the food hall end, I walk in the clothes hall end and walk down to the salads...just keep walking....

I had a girly moment walking past the jeans and thought "I wonder"....

I grabbed some 36W-33L SLIM FIT uber-cool jeans and went in the changing rooms

they fit me. They fit me well, comfortably and properly

I was gobsmacked.

I nearly bought em, but I didn't like the arse pocket, it was way down low and I'll be sitting on me wallet all the time which is tres' uncomfortable...

but there you go

first time in 36's since 1996

I think I'll finish up in 34's with two stone to go, but I do need some interim jeans I think

do you suggest I buy some or keep on wearing the old jeans yanked in until I hit target???

what would you do??

Buy ones you ABSOLUTELY LOVE in a 34 and hang them in plain sight until you fit in em!

now that is clever

but what about the next four months??

I can't walk about looking like a second-hand scarecrow can I?

I suppose I can, I usually do, LOL!!

Are you neglecting iron in your diet? Could be slight anaemia. Iron is easy to get - just munch some nice lean red meat. If you want to go veggie, then you need VERY dark green veg, but that's not enough - green means Iron III, and you need to convert it to red Iron II. Vitamin C does this for you, so get some diced fresh fruit on there as well.

who ARE you talking to?

assume Emma, you got tracksuit raddle or something?? :cry:

Some of us are able to remember stuff from the page before, Mr. Two-Salads

I work full time but I am single and live alone so I organise my owm commitments and social life. I am only responsible for me which gives me more time.

That being said I think routine is important in regards to exercise. I exercise straight after work four times a week though I soon might up that to 5. I have tried fitness DVDs too which work well. I just get a bit bored after a while doing exactly the same thing.

I love the endorphins too. Makes me fool so good!

That is quite the dilema alright you dont want them falling off at work hahahaha. If their inexpensive get a pair if not get a smaller belt! One of my buddys at work has just lost 7 stone in 5 months hes got serious clothing issues now never mind the loose skin but we had a great celebratory moment the other day when he went and bought his small pair to fit into closer to his goal and when he put them on he found they all ready fit comfortably!!!!!!!!!! Was so delighted for him.

now that is clever

but what about the next four months??

I can't walk about looking like a second-hand scarecrow can I?

I suppose I can, I usually do, LOL!!

HERE IS AN EXTRACT FROM AN ONLINE ARTICLE ABOUT THE RECENT CORNISH LURE FESTIVAL

things like this can only inspire me

Just as it started to get quiet we were joined by Steve Richardson and someone called Rod (at least he said he was Rod but he didn’t look at all like the old Rod I knew
icon_e_wink.gif
this one was much slimmer and athletic looking (that’ll be a fiver please Rod). This Rod also caught a bass or 2 during the festival.....

I work full time and have a 1 year old and a partner. In all my years of singledom and freedom i never bothered doing any exercise at all and i think now that time is limited i really fit in what i can. I swim two nights a week after my LO is gone to bed and most weeks I'll also get to an aqua aerobics class too- me and OH comprise evenings he has football and my gym, neither of us are usually gone for more than two hours and we're not missing time with LO cos she's in bed. I also got a cheap second hand treadmill so i can do the C25K from home which i love and only takes 30mins and has me sweating buckets. It can be done even when time is of the essence.

Ahhh your famous!!!!!!

HERE IS AN EXTRACT FROM AN ONLINE ARTICLE ABOUT THE RECENT CORNISH LURE FESTIVAL

Just as it started to get quiet we were joined by Steve Richardson and someone called Rod (at least he said he was Rod but he didn’t look at all like the old Rod I knew
icon_e_wink.gif
this one was much slimmer and athletic looking (that’ll be a fiver please Rod). This Rod also caught a bass or 2 during the festival.....

icon_e_wink.gif

How good is that! Nothing like compliments to keep you going.

AAARgh I have just had an inadvertant diet fail. I was walking home to walk my doggy at lunchtime and my mum drives past, just as the heavens open. She offered to take me for lunch at the local pub (with the doggy). Eating out isn't a problem on Slimming World, there are so many things you can eat without veering off plan - steak and salad, ham egg and salad, jacket and beans etc. So I ordered a prawn and avocado salad WITHOUT THE AVOCADO and without the bread. It arrived and OMG - was literally a massive mound of prawns in the most sopping marie rose sauce (damn! why didn't I ask for the sauce on the side!) and an equally massive mound of coleslaw, with about three slices of tomato and a leuttice leaf. So I have accidently eaten about 20 syns in mayo. Boooo! Had to eat it as otherwise I would be starving until 8 tonight, after my weigh in. Gutted - will have to be more careful in future.On the plus side, no carbs.

Back