TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Funny enough, I truly am debating doing it myself, but I don't have anything sharp enough.

dont be silly woman!!! you need to snap yourself out of this self destructive mood your in....go for a walk and do something you enjoy thats not food related

Goddam work getting in the way of reading my fave thread. Bah!

Rod - you had a girlie jeans moment :8855:! I like to think I may have inspired that with my talk yesterday of kickflares! So pleased for you. I would take the suggestion made earlier and buy a pair you really like in a 34. I would also look around and buy a couple of cheap pairs to wear now. You'll look like a tramp with your current ones all bunched up and pulled in with a belt and plus its nice to get compliments off folk as your press clipping has shown you. Go and spend some money, my Good Man! :D

good post pussy sue :D

ooh im very hungry, not going for my meal til nearly 8...oh well at least ill feel skinny in whatever i wear lol. think im going to have a tuna steak for my tea, ive never had tuna steak before....and seeing as your all fish fans ill give it a go

Rod, get the jeans!! and a smaller belt as well!! As you drop a bit more, you'll need it for the ones you just bought. Had a good chuckle at you having a girly moment in the supermarket....not what I would have though our fearless leader gets up to of a lunchbreak!

Glad to hear ur coming to Ireland!!! As well as bringing your own stuff ....would it be poss to ring the hotel and see if they can give you fruit/snacks to take with you when you're heading out? Not sure if thats a very un-matcho thing to suggest, but sometimes this can be done on the qt and can make all the difference.

I had one of those moments yesterday...was in Tescos, and tried on a size 14 (havent worn that in about 3 years)...just to see how far away from it I was....and it fit! I couldnt believe it. Its funny the little things that really motivate you...realising I was already at that size was just the best feeling!
I was in a bad road accident two years ago. Couldnt do much for about 18 months...devastating stuff as I was a half marathon runner, and really quite active. In the last six months I have been able to gradually get back into an active-ish lifestyle, the best bit of which is running again. I ran a 5 mile race last weekend, and felt like superwoman. Thats what Im loving about this thread....its keeping me honest with myself and the food...which is the bit was really holding me back. Im the one in control...and with four stone gone...Im here to finish the job and maintain.

jezzi999 said:
Have a up of tea or fruit tea, take the edge off so you don't get there starving and order half the menu.

I wouldn't do that anyway :) I'm off for a bath and to get ready to take my mind off it. I've saved nearly all my calories today so I can have the stuffed jalapeños for starter lol. I
Love them so much!! That's why I'm hungry I've barely eaten to
Budget for this meal. Looking forward to a night in tomorrow though I must say. My walking has taken a back seat this week so will be nice to
Get into a routine again

Your 'metabolism' (if we're talking about the sum total of the metabolic processes in the body) changes on a restricted diet, because you switch from a primarily glucose energy source to a glucose/fat mix (or a glucose/fat/protein mix if you are genuinely starving - don't do this, you'll die). But your energy requirements change very little, and the only way energy goes into your body is if you eat it.

I’m not going argue this as I get the feeling it’s something your strong willed on, but having literally starved myself to the point of collapse over 10 years on and off I can safely that I have done irreparable damage to my body’s ability to process food. Call that metabolism or otherwise that is a fact for me.

Ok now get this. I just tried on my wedding dress, and it fits way better than before, the arms wet super tight before. Go figure.

Lisa - that's good news and I hope you feel a little more positive now. I agree that you need to focus on getting the implant out asap - do whatever you have to do to get that done - but then just chill out. Weddings are stressful enough anyway and it sounds to me like you are getting yourself into a real tizzy about your weight which is not going to help you one little bit. Stress releases the hormone Cortisol which ends up helping to store fat around your middle - so give yourself a break - you really don't want to have a spare tyre on your wedding day do you chick!

Be realistic about what you can achieve this side of the wedding. You aint suddenly going to have a mahoosive weight loss drop looking at your stats, but you might just lose a pound or two. But even if you don't, keep exercising as this is helping you and you can visibly see this in how your dress is fitting. Plus it will help you work away any frustrations and clear your head. You mention previous mental health problems - don't be getting yourself worked up and triggering issues for yourself - this is NOT the time to be doing that - ALRIGHT!! Now get exercising and focus on looking knockout in your dress.

Just did my walk, 0.95m in an impressively slow 15:41, and that was going as fast as I could walk. Blimey I hadn't realised how out of shape I was. Not depressed though, felt good good good to be making a positive change.

Best thing was, I just got back from work, chucked on an old suit and my new shoes and just went for the original route that I'd planned, with my nice woollen work coat on. Just another commuter striding home.

And the above paragraph could NOT have been written without you lot, here in this thread. So a big thanks from me.

Weigh in tomorrow, should be a good one.

Great thread

Thats the stuff....excellent start. Well done :)

Just did my walk, 0.95m in an impressively slow 15:41, and that was going as fast as I could walk. Blimey I hadn't realised how out of shape I was. Not depressed though, felt good good good to be making a positive change.

Best thing was, I just got back from work, chucked on an old suit and my new shoes and just went for the original route that I'd planned, with my nice woollen work coat on. Just another commuter striding home.

And the above paragraph could NOT have been written without you lot, here in this thread. So a big thanks from me.

SmileyMan said:

Good for you smiley :) and well done for going your original route. Mind over matter is crucial in weight loss and you just leapfrogged over a massive hurdle! Well done - same tomorrow (and the day after and the day after) and soon your old suit will be too big for a workout :)

lisajade said:
Ok now get this. I just tried on my wedding dress, and it fits way better than before, the arms wet super tight before. Go figure.

That's fantastic! This should show you that the scales ain't everything. This achievement is surely better than a lb or 2 off? I would much rather look good in my wedding dress if it was me :)

keep going despite the stress and it will be worth it. But try to enjoy these last few weeks leading up to your big day!! Xxxx

Hah! One additional bonus was that the suit I chucked on I had abandoned for not fitting any more. I had to keep hitching the trousers up.

When I exercise in my wedding suit (a delightful silver early nineties effort) we'll have hit a milestone!!!

Gee whizz......boot camp was haaaaarrrrrd!! Everything aches and I can barely lift my fork to my mouth to eat dinner! (maybe that's the trick!!) ;)

Well, I am just going to phone all the family planning clinics and see if they can see me sooner and get this implant out! I need to just pick myself up , keep my chin up, and do everything I can to shift the number downwards! I am going to weigh in group tomorrow night. knowing or not knowing doesn't really change the facts, and I need to know what I'm working with.

Thanks everyone for your replies :)

Nice one Smileyman. Keep hanging onto your trousers though - don't want you to be arrested for indecent exposure! :massmoon:

Kaboom! 4.5 down this week at SW. After I was robbed last week. I'm happy with that and back in the 11's to boot.

just to smash a pebble in our little pond, I hopped on today and lost another pound, metabolism acceleration still bombing the lard from the weekend

I've been hyper good and ultra strict for around a week now, all this spurs me on

I don't wanna hear any static about weighing, I'll weigh when I wanna weigh, I LIKE seeing the scales drop twice a week, it does me good

grunting about weighing more than once a week is for scammers who lie to themselves about the wine and the pizza 1-3 days after weigh in - I don't hang in that world, I hang here in the kill zone

I was out ripping my garden fence down at 7.00am this morning, worked up a right sweat - anything will do, keep the furnace going.

Walk the stairs to the office, walk at lunchtime, park a mile from work (it might be raining, but hell, you're waterproof not a cake)

and so on....

16-4, 3lbs to go for 4st off, it's gonna be carnage! Lemme at it................
Last week I had a great realisation..... I hadnt regularly weighed for months... sorting out the head stuff as Ive said before. So, last week I was to weigh on Saturday.... I got so so tied up and worked up about it.... Ive learnt a lesson, I wont be setting a day/time to weigh anymore... I will keep an eye on myself, be happy to see it going down, and what works for me.....

Next weekend (well next weds actually) I am off to Ireland to win the Irish Bass Festival

We are living in a hotel - well, we'll be living on the coast, most probably nocturnal, then turning up for breakfast and bed - in that order

I don't know Ireland that well, I've only been to Dublin 4 times and can't recall a single one of them (!) - the bad old days shall we say

So much as I asked for help for the CLF (which I lost 2lbs at!) how can I do this in Ireland?

I arrive at 6am on the thursday and depart 6am on the monday from Rosslare

Breakfast is likely to be standard full Irish, the rest I have to find or take. I can't consider going shopping over there, we arrive, we'll start fishing and that'll be that

I don't like starving myself, I want ideas of light/portable/protein based/non-perishable foods

I have the basis of the idea from last time, anything else I should consider?

Where in Ireland Rod?? I live 20 minutes from Rosslare....... in Wexford... you will probably be driving through!! What do you want to know??? Are you driving??

Back