TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

horsesh!t

weigh when you want to , you wanna live on the scales, thats your right and privilege

Personally two times a week is OK for me, usually friday morn (to affirm I've been good and set me up for the weekend) and monday (cos weekends used to be the nemsis, but NO MORE!)

and that works for me. Don't live by others rules! thats their rules not yours. You wanna weigh once a year, do it. you wanna weigh after every bite of food - do it

it burns calories climbing up on the scales, especially for Kneehigh and people like that - how can it be a bad thing?

getting on the scales does not make you fat, STS or plateau!

thats the food you eat to cheat on your plan - so lets give it the attention its due WHEN it reads what it reads at sensible intervals after you have walked the walk

talk about it all you want, but the scales are your friend, if you DO YOUR JOB

getting fit...tut tut!!! your finger doesnt find its way into the jar...you put it there!!!! behave yourself!

right on the scales thing....i keep weighing in yesterday twice...morning then night but get this...morning i weighed 10.13 1/2 showing a gain from last week, then last night 10.11 1/4 showing a loss from last week, then this morning back up to 10.13 3/4 im confused, they are going up and down like yo-yos this week. i think its cos ive not drank enough water. so today my mission is to drink until i burst and just had salad for dinner and chicken and veg is for tea NO SNACKS. i am not going back into the 11's, i just wont allow it.

just watching 'obese, a year to save my life' the woman on it is amazing, i mean really amazing. she commit to it and hasnt complained, shes lost 8 stone in 7 months. im in awe

gettingfit said:
I don't think there going to very good to me this week as I made some lemon curd earlier and my figure keeps finding it's way into the jar.:eek:

Why would they be good to you when you are CHEATING!!!!! Lock down that finger and get back on track!!

you get a RtB badge Jezzi, just for some superlative posts this week!! lol

you're gonna slay it and well done on kicking them binges out the door, we have no time for them here sister

jezzi999 said:
Aiming for my first half stone this Saturday - would need to be 1.25lb off to hit it. Hoping I've done everything ok. I've been 100% on plan since for 12 days (after the BBQ blip, and even that wasn't far over) and its been more than 2 months since I've binged. Which is an achievement in itself really. Regardless of what the scale says I feel really good about myself, but to get my first sticker (I don't go to group so I made my own!!) would be a really good pat on the back.

I don't go to group either. The only thing I miss out on is stickers lol - I hit my half stone week before last. Might pinch your idea and make one - never thought of that!! :)

Good luck. We will all be rooting for you!

I don't think there going to very good to me this week as I made some lemon curd earlier and my figure keeps finding it's way into the jar.:eek:
If I can bake bread, make mayonnaise, roast some ham and chicken and cook fajitas and a roast dinner without touching a morsel, then you can surely keep your finger out of that jar.

The smiley says that you think this is some kind of joke. Well, the joke will be on you when that dunked finger turns into a quick sandwich turns into a plate of food turns into a 3lb gain.

Aiming for my first half stone this Saturday - would need to be 1.25lb off to hit it. Hoping I've done everything ok. I've been 100% on plan since for 12 days (after the BBQ blip, and even that wasn't far over) and its been more than 2 months since I've binged. Which is an achievement in itself really. Regardless of what the scale says I feel really good about myself, but to get my first sticker (I don't go to group so I made my own!!) would be a really good pat on the back.

ooh get you, well done. no binging is hard to do...and to knock it on the head for 2 months is brill, you will have broken that habit now and its in your hands whether or not you re form that habit...i dont believe for a second you will. but i think when youve had a habit like that its something you have to be on your guard for. i hope you get your 1.25 off this week you deserve it so im sure you will.

was it bonnie who was saying about getting worried about being in the 11's? i had a similar conversation with some other miniminners the other day. i get closer to my target and i feel panicky..i dont know why, its what i want but its like suddenly i feel scared. they quite rightly said its probably because when your on a weight loss mission lots of things get put upon 'when i lose weight' and the thought that your nearly there but things still arent any different in other areas make you feel a bit scared. im trying to work on my flagging self esteem so that when i reach a soze im happy with im able to stop and stay at it and accept that being that weight wont miraculously give me money, get me the job i want, make me look like megan fox, turn my hubby into jensen ackles etc etc lol work on your self esteem and confidence, and keep on doing what your doing, the less of you there is the less cals you need so you will have to keep cutting back or keep increasing your exeercise or a bit of both. i could eat a lot more food 3 stone ago than i can now, and adjusting to this took me a while to realise. if the weight stops coming off change something, you dont HAVE to get stuck in the 11's....you can choose to by freaking out or you can choose to step it up...for the record i 'got stuck' in the 11's too, cos i was still eating too much and giving excuses, once i accepted i had to make more changes it started coming off again. youll do it, ill make you do it!!!! :D

If I can bake bread, make mayonnaise, roast some ham and chicken and cook fajitas and a roast dinner without touching a morsel, then you can surely keep your finger out of that jar.

The smiley says that you think this is some kind of joke. Well, the joke will be on you when that dunked finger turns into a quick sandwich turns into a plate of food turns into a 3lb gain.

c'mon then super science man....why is my weight up and down by 3 pound all week-literally day by day? give me some scientific explanation :D

Rod the Bass said:
ah the weekend is looming

irrespective of your plan, you should fine something here you can take away and use - if not, well it's cost nothing to cut n paste it eh?

I posted this in my ealry days, mantras I live by at the weekend, especially at home near the fridge!

http://www.minimins.com/general-weight-loss-discussion/269088-weekend-loser-these-my-tips-what-yours.html

Stare it down Rod! :)

This weekend I am going out with my bf to watch the boxing. I have enough syns for a fair few vodka and diet cokes but I think I might drive anyway and not drink. If I do drink, it will be with soft drinks in-between, single measures and no more than 3 drinks (7.5 syns)

I WILL LOSE NEXT WEEK!!!

I don't go to group either. The only thing I miss out on is stickers lol

I gotta say do what works for you, its my only rule apart from walk the line - but are you HONESTLY four years old?

the drop is the reward NOT THE STICKER - I'll give you a sticker, I'll stick your STS or gain right where the sun shines the least

c'mon then super science man....why is my weight up and down by 3 pound all week-literally day by day? give me some scientific explanation :D

:read: It's the Higgs Boson :read:

You know already, of course, but your gut is a long elastic tube. Stuff goes in one end, and stuff comes out the other. Water and salt also seep out of the skin, and some gases and volatile chemicals go out through the lungs.

Any change in your weight since the last time you weighed yourself is simply the difference between what you put in and what came out through various means. Unless you want to go to the extremes of weighing all your food (easy), weighing all the waste output (easy, but disgusting), weighing all your sweat (you'd have to spend the day in a spacesuit) and weighing all the carbon dioxide you breathe out (you'd have to spend the day in a spacesuit, and connected to a big gas canister) you won't be able to know exactly how much weight you've lost in each of those categories.

That's why weighing yourself daily is pointless for tracking weight gain (although I appreciate you do it for other reasons), because unless you can get yourself to exactly the same state of hydration, glycogen storage level, glucose level and gut content mass for each weigh in, you'll miss the loss from the fat tissues in amongst the 'noise'. Like trying to hear your phone ring when you're in the front row of an Iron Maiden concert.

I'd have thought the badge would say "So you lost 7lbs? Well done you. Now go do it again." Inscribed on a bass.

Try this, Lou: weigh yourself in pounds or kilos rather than stones and pounds. Then every day add up the weight of the last 6 days and divide it by 6 to get the average. This will help iron out the fluctuations from the other stuff. You can try it with more days if you like, but make it an even number or the average will go up and down as well.

Lou, if it were me I'd take an average of the 2 each day.

I'm am just getting ready to weigh in. Anything could happen, I know that logically. But emotionally, hoping for a loss.

Back in a few hours to report x

SmileyMan said:
Try this, Lou: weigh yourself in pounds or kilos rather than stones and pounds. Then every day add up the weight of the last 6 days and divide it by 6 to get the average. This will help iron out the fluctuations from the other stuff. You can try it with more days if you like, but make it an even number or the average will go up and down as well.

Good idea. I'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm feeling the effects of a low carb diet if u know what I mean, this can't be helping!! I'm
Having lots of veg for tea and extra fluids in the hope it helps. I have some fibre gel
If it gets too bad.

Back