TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Only a 3.1kg loss this week. Yes, I know some of you think that's a lot, but trust me, I could be doing better. And since I can't possibly diet any more, the reason is my exercise levels. I keep making excuses like "I'm too busy at the weekends" or "I've got no time after work".

So this week I am switching my walk to the morning, and I'm getting up half an hour early to get it in. Gotta have a shower every day - might as well have a good reason for it!

The worst thing is, another 0.1kg and I'd be under 22 stone, which I can't remember since the beginning of the decade. Still, one more week and I'll hit goal II

emma_partington27 said:
Lost 2 1/2lbs whoop thanks guys for the support i really needed the kick up the bum :)

Brilliant result!

sparty said:
I weigh in the morning now - used to be after work but I found I wanted more synful dinners when I did this. So first thing Monday morning when I wake up Ihop on the scales. Then I have to rush around getting ready for the commute and have breakfast at work. By then I am really hungry so happy to tuck into my healthy brekkie (strawberries, home made granola (1 syn per portion) and a muller light over the top). Then I have to start work so don't even think about binging!

Fair point...being prepared is important, and only having that to hand. Thanks sparty :)

Oooooh yeah I forgot about your boxing club. How are you getting on LJ?

Well, 2 sessions done and I am still alive! Its great, I am hurting but I know its good for me :) The friday night session is circuits, and some of the ladies have said its absolutely killer, so I have that to look forward to tomorrow :) Will get me set up for a great weekend though. I really need some better gym clothing, but I am too skint, so I just have to go looking like a tramp for now. My trainers are over 12 years old. After my wedding, and money is a bit easier I will be investing in some good footwear and some unholey trackies.

I had hoped that I might find a workout buddy, but so far I am by far the biggest person there. Alot of the ladies aren't following any eating plans or anything, so maybe I will catch them up :)

I STS this week after what I thoughgt was quite a good week. Could some of you lovely mean people take a look at my food diary and give me a kick in the ass? Link in my signature xx

I had a quick look and the thing that struck me was you don't mention portion size very much. This is a very easy area to slip up in- are you weighing and measuring everything? You might be eating more than you realise.

Only a 3.1kg loss this week. Yes, I know some of you think that's a lot, but trust me, I could be doing better. And since I can't possibly diet any more, the reason is my exercise levels. I keep making excuses like "I'm too busy at the weekends" or "I've got no time after work".

So this week I am switching my walk to the morning, and I'm getting up half an hour early to get it in. Gotta have a shower every day - might as well have a good reason for it!

The worst thing is, another 0.1kg and I'd be under 22 stone, which I can't remember since the beginning of the decade. Still, one more week and I'll hit goal II

Regardless of the fact that you are slightly disappointed Smiley, I am sure I am not alone is being very proud of your progress. You are almost 2 stone down which is phenomenal. You are doing really well. By all means, increase you exercise but try to be pleased with your loss too. It's still going downwards.

And congratulations Emma- awesome work :D

Bonnie have you thought of brushing your teeth after dinner? I do that sometimes as I HATE eating with a toothpastey mouth. Makes you feel all fresh and you might think twice about snacking!

I think you really need to get a handle on the pizza night thing. Is it something you could make a bit healthier? Do you home make the pizza (or could you make it the day before ready?) as this will be much better than a shop bought one. Or maybe you could have pizza every other week and have something else in between? You can always batch make yummy food so there is no reason why you would have to cook a proper meal if its too late. You could make some meat dishes for the freezer and then have it with salad or something like that. (or lasagne, chilli the list goes on)

In terms of the other snacks - you have no excuse for that. You know it was bad. It seems odd to me that weigh day (the day you get your fab results and your boost of self confidence) is the one where you have difficulty. Something psychological maybe? Can you eat before you go? What time is WI? Maybe if you had an apple or some other fruit before you went you could better control your hunger urges?

I don't make the pizza by hand - don't get me wrong, I love breadmaking and regularly used to make myself beautiful MASSIVE homemade pizzas on a regular basis, but because I don't know how to syn them all and also because bread is my downfall, that is one aspect of my life I am trying to steer clear from at the moment. It was the mentality of 'this is the point furthest away from weigh in next week so whatever I eat tonight doesn't count as I will have the chance to burn it off before next week' but I see now and always secretly knew it was really silly. ALthough the pizza did more to 'get me moving'(Ahem) than anything else I tried this week!

Seriously though, a tofu, syn free lasagne is a great idea as I love it but never make it because it takes ages, so will make a big batch early next week and have that waiting for me at home with some SW chips and salad as a treat.

Don't want to eat a whole meal before WI as to achive a properly comparable result I need to have eaten roughly the same as I did the week before, but will definitely have a more substantial lunch on WI days and a little snack before I go.

Oh smiley, I don't want to annoy you by saying it is a great loss as I know you feel you could do more. By all means exercise as well (as long as it doesn't make you ill - don't know how your diet works) but really, half a stone is a phenominal amount to loose in a week - isn't that pretty much a stone in two weeks? And I see you are 0.758% away from loosing 10% of your body weight. That is bloody marvellous!

Take heart - it is coming off at such a rate that in about a month, you will be in the teens. Well done, keep up the fantastic efforts my man!

Lost 2 1/2lbs whoop thanks guys for the support i really needed the kick up the bum :)

Emma, that is fabulous! Well done, I am so pleased, having seen you go fron despondent and unhappy to right back up there. You didn't need us, you have done it all by yourself. Well done!

Now get your head back down and do it again this week!

smiley I am grinning with pride at you! ;)

I think that loss is great but you are right, if you have started making excuses not to exercise then you are not giving it your all. the thing I am most proud of though is that despite your feeling a bit disappointed, you have given yourself a stern look in the mirror and decided to take on the challenge to up the work rate. Exercising in the mornings is a great idea - and you are right....earn that lovely hot shower :).

So get to it as of tomorrow - its just a new part of your daily routine. What time do you have to get up for work now? I will try and join in pre-work exercise if you feel like you need a buddy? I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k so can do my 3 times per week in the mornings instead of evening. (Faery and LJ might want to join in too? And I think Lou was talking about it the other day)

Then I will also have boot camp (eeeek) once a week and any other exercise I can fit in! It wont be every day but it might help to have someone to lean on a bit?

You are doing great - even if you feel you arent progressing quick as lightning just think back to how you were when you started. You have already made great progress so keep up the momentum and next week its in to the 21's - but not for long :D

Well, I've lost 1kg this week. Hoorah! Well done to all of you who have managed to thrash off some weight - doesn't matter how much. If it's off, it's good, in my book!

I agree with faery and gettingfit - portion size is really crucial and I know you weigh your porridge but do you need it every day? Something lighter may be better like more fruit or FF yoghurt.

But your snacks - are you kidding me?! Here is where you can make a major difference. Can't you snack on fruit sometimes? Or save your muller light for a snack instead of at lunch? Alpen light as your hexb? I use the choc and fudge ones for mine. Do you REALLY need pink and whites, meringues and kitkat fingers as often as you have them? Make a meringue nest with yoghurt and berries - trust me its yummy and it curbs that sweet craving as well - all you then have to syn is the nest itself!

I know everyone needs the odd trea and as long its its within plan then its fine but you may find that if you cut this down a little it may help. And after a while you wont even crave the sweet things any more. I used to have a daily twix at lunch and then biccies in the evening and cannot even remember the last time I had a craving for chocolate - i just dont want it anymore.

Also are you drinking a lot of diet fizzy drinks? Sometimes this stops you losing (enter Smileyman our science guru!) If you look back at his posts he says something about this.

I hope this helps - stick with us in tough love and you will soon see the results. Our rules are, have a goal date, no cheating and if you do fess up IMMEDIATLY so we can tear chunks out of you for being so silly, no lies - be completely honest about where you are going wrong and we will try to help. We expect tough loving from you too - so dont hold back if we dont toe the line!!

I STS this week after what I thoughgt was quite a good week. Could some of you lovely mean people take a look at my food diary and give me a kick in the ass? Link in my signature xx

Hi there,

I don't see anything particuarly bad in your food lists, only thing I can say is that I decided to put a limit of 5 syns on the week I STS and I had a 4.5lb loss the following week. Perhaps you could try that for a week and see? It makes a massive difference to me, as does limiting my carbs to free ones or the healthy extra for the day - i.e. have fruit and yog for brekkie (I never used to feel satisfied with this but I love it now - get some really nice ff yog and strawberries/banannas etc and it feels like a treat) and then use the HE for lunch (like a wholemeal pitta). Might be worth changing it up a bit.

It is hard when you STS, but every STS I have had has always come with a big loss the next week..it could be anything causing you to be heavier, so don't loose heart and look forward to WI next week, you will get your reward if you stick to it 100%

Well, I've lost 1kg this week. Hoorah! Well done to all of you who have managed to thrash off some weight - doesn't matter how much. If it's off, it's good, in my book!

Hey Patchninja, that is Epic! Isn't that about 2lbs? Just keep the chipping away and your day will come! Well done.

This has been a REALLY GOOD WEEK FOR THE BASSERS. Just waiting on your results on the weekend now Lou, don't let the side down!

I agree with faery and gettingfit - portion size is really crucial and I know you weigh your porridge but do you need it every day? Something lighter may be better like more fruit or FF yoghurt.

But your snacks - are you kidding me?! Here is where you can make a major difference. Can't you snack on fruit sometimes? Or save your muller light for a snack instead of at lunch? Alpen light as your hexb? I use the choc and fudge ones for mine. Do you REALLY need pink and whites, meringues and kitkat fingers as often as you have them? Make a meringue nest with yoghurt and berries - trust me its yummy and it curbs that sweet craving as well - all you then have to syn is the nest itself!

I know everyone needs the odd trea and as long its its within plan then its fine but you may find that if you cut this down a little it may help. And after a while you wont even crave the sweet things any more. I used to have a daily twix at lunch and then biccies in the evening and cannot even remember the last time I had a craving for chocolate - i just dont want it anymore.

Also are you drinking a lot of diet fizzy drinks? Sometimes this stops you losing (enter Smileyman our science guru!) If you look back at his posts he says something about this.

I hope this helps - stick with us in tough love and you will soon see the results. Our rules are, have a goal date, no cheating and if you do fess up IMMEDIATLY so we can tear chunks out of you for being so silly, no lies - be completely honest about where you are going wrong and we will try to help. We expect tough loving from you too - so dont hold back if we dont toe the line!!

Seconded, snacks aren't because we are hungry, they are because we are in the habit of snacking.

Funnily enough as I stood in the aisles of the supermarket last night, I thought about having some chocolate, but could honestly say 'Nah, I don't fancy chocolate'*. That is unheard of for me but it has been 5 weeks and my cravings have gone.

*Sadly the pizza cravings are taking a bit longer

In good news, my 'headache' worked and I skipped the post-school Korean barbeque. 20 minutes after leaving school, I was in the pool. I swam 18 lengths, kickboarded 7 and ran 5. Making that 30 lengths this week, 5 up from last week. Aiming to add on another 5 next Wednesday. I am still battling the nerves a bit about going by myself but I know these will fade with time as long as I keep making myself go.

Very pleased with all the losses going on around here. Rod is going to be so pleased!

So get to it as of tomorrow - its just a new part of your daily routine. What time do you have to get up for work now? I will try and join in pre-work exercise if you feel like you need a buddy? I am thinking of starting the couch to 5k so can do my 3 times per week in the mornings instead of evening. (Faery and LJ might want to join in too? And I think Lou was talking about it the other day)
Thanks sparty. Unfortunately my knees aren't up to the C25K yet, so I'll stick to my brisk walk. When I can do a four mile trip in under an hour, it'll be time to step it up a bit.

Maybe I could go for a walk, while you have to run rings round me! :D

Phew just caught up with all the posts since I logged off this morning! A massive well done to you all on your excellent WI results. Blooming brilliant - Team GB take a bow!

Smiley - is there any way you could afford to get a treadmill - the kids could use it too! Just thinking that this way you would be able to eke a bit more time out of your day - it's hard when you have a full-time job and a family to sort out to find the time and we do understand. Also no rain excuses or feeling like a tit in your workout clothes etc.

I agree about portion size posted above. I still cannot trust myself with a block of cheese for example so buy the mini size portions in a net. That way I know exactly what I am eating. Its the same for porridge where I buy the Tesco Micro Oats - it works for me and I am in total control.

I like the idea of a TL exercise club. Obviously I'm not running but doing my bells. I stick to Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and always add my progress to my signature as I feel this makes me accountable somehow to my other swingers on the kettlebell thread - how daft I know! :)

I like the idea of a TL exercise club. Obviously I'm not running but doing my bells. I stick to Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday and always add my progress to my signature as I feel this makes me accountable somehow to my other swingers on the kettlebell thread - how daft I know! :)

I like the idea too, I had suggested a challenge thread in the off topic, but deleted the post afterwards.

Maybe we could set up a TL Exercise Challenge thread? Sounds like a great idea to me.

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Back