TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

conlou1 said:
Well done FL

I need to weigh in at boots and be done with it. I don't know where I am cos of stupid scales so I'll be going off later to do that. I was very good last night had 1200 cals, it was really hard again like the first time I cut back tonit but it has to be done and it will get easier.

Get yourself down to Boots. Sorry your scales are broken. It must be so frustrating!

Yeah cutting back is tough but keep going. :) I upped my calories this week actually- my limit was 1400 but I was eating 1200. Want to give.myself some room to manouvre if/when I plateau!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

faery_lights said:
Get yourself down to Boots. Sorry your scales are broken. It must be so frustrating!

Yeah cutting back is tough but keep going. :) I upped my calories this week actually- my limit was 1400 but I was eating 1200. Want to give.myself some room to manouvre if/when I plateau!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Yeah well this was my thinking when I upped cals this week but it looks like I gained, but tbh that was probably an accumulation of the extra 200 a day on top of the several days I was way over last week lol. I still got on my scales this morning knowing they're broken and they said 10.12 3/4. I actually need help lol. I'm going to re read my beck book tonight, I need a bit of a rocket up
My bum again, my will power isn't as strong as it was and I need that fire back
In my belly. it was working before inkniwnwhy it's stopped working and I need to fix it before I undo all the work I've done so far. I'm hoping the boots scales show me under 11 stone. That's a big thing for me, I don't know why.

STS this week and am stressing out big time when normally it wouldn't bother me in the least, especially after a decent loss the week before (3lbs in my case). Why the stress? Because like an idiot I bent under pressure and put a goal date in my stats when previously it had said "Whenever". Now I do agree one should have a goal but please bear in mind I am nearly at my target and have done all this myself with no going to groups and the like. I feel so under pressure now its ridiculous - to the point of last night I was awake from 4am thinking what the scales might say.

I am a focused and deadline-driven person - have been for years for my job - so now going public with an official date means I have to meet this otherwise I will have failed. Whereas previously I would just continue as normal and take the STS and carry on as I've been doing this for over a year and I know you don't always lose every week. Seriously I am stressing out.

I have never asked for or needed tough love before but peeps, please talk some sense into me.

STS this week and am stressing out big time when normally it wouldn't bother me in the least, especially after a decent loss the week before (3lbs in my case). Why the stress? Because like an idiot I bent under pressure and put a goal date in my stats when previously it had said "Whenever". Now I do agree one should have a goal but please bear in mind I am nearly at my target and have done all this myself with no going to groups and the like. I feel so under pressure now its ridiculous - to the point of last night I was awake from 4am thinking what the scales might say.

I am a focused and deadline-driven person - have been for years for my job - so now going public with an official date means I have to meet this otherwise I will have failed. Whereas previously I would just continue as normal and take the STS and carry on as I've been doing this for over a year and I know you don't always lose every week. Seriously I am stressing out.

I have never asked for or needed tough love before but peeps, please talk some sense into me.

Sue Sue Sue

You have three weeks to lose 4lb. Last week you lost 3lb and this week STS. That is an average of 1.5lb per week. You would have been thrilled with 1.5lb last week and then this week. You are at the same point and just because the scales said STS this morning, your body is waiting to drop some more weight off.

Stop your worrying and stay focused. You will eat well, swing your kettles, smile at life and give sound support to those in need for the next three weeks AND you will be at target AND you will celebrate AND then you will continue to swing and eat well in order to maintain your wonderful weight loss.

Now go for a walk, clean your house, kiss your cat and swing your bells. You have work to do.

Sue Sue Sue

You have three weeks to lose 4lb. Last week you lost 3lb and this week STS. That is an average of 1.5lb per week. You would have been thrilled with 1.5lb last week and then this week. You are at the same point and just because the scales said STS this morning, your body is waiting to drop some more weight off.

Stop your worrying and stay focused. You will eat well, swing your kettles, smile at life and give sound support to those in need for the next three weeks AND you will be at target AND you will celebrate AND then you will continue to swing and eat well in order to maintain your wonderful weight loss.

Now go for a walk, clean your house, kiss your cat and swing your bells. You have work to do.

Thanks Sally. I know! What can I say, I know! But I am still stressing. It's so stupid and even the cats have fecked off and left me :)

Cat Lover Sue said:

So you set a goal. It's a 'goal' it's not a 'if u don't reach target on this date then your going to spontaneously combust' its just a date to work to. If its too soon readjust it, do it for 6 months time, it doesn't matter, just as long as you have something to aim for. And if you reach goal before 6 months time all the better. Close to target sts, random gains and 1/2 pound losses are inevitable, your body doesn't NEED to shed any weight it's not carrying extra anymore so it all slows down. I've heard it taking people months to get the last couple of pound off. 3 pound off so close to target is unreal, and pretty unheard of tbh, don't fret about it. Change your goal.

Breathe Sue!

I agree with Sally and Lou- this is not something to stress about. You are so close to goal we KNOW you will achieve it soon! :) The date there is just a time scale thing- to give you a good idea of when you'd like to have achieved your goal by! Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't achieve it, bang on!

You're doing really well- keep up with your exercise and your healthy eating and your body will respond. And I agree with Sally- it's just the same as a 1.5lb loss last week and this week. A MUCH better way to think about it.

If it's really presurrising you, give yourself a little longer with the goal! :)

Keep going Sue- you can do it!

So you set a goal. It's a 'goal' it's not a 'if u don't reach target on this date then your going to spontaneously combust' its just a date to work to. If its too soon readjust it, do it for 6 months time, it doesn't matter, just as long as you have something to aim for. And if you reach goal before 6 months time all the better. Close to target sts, random gains and 1/2 pound losses are inevitable, your body doesn't NEED to shed any weight it's not carrying extra anymore so it all slows down. I've heard it taking people months to get the last couple of pound off. 3 pound off so close to target is unreal, and pretty unheard of tbh, don't fret about it. Change your goal.

I know. Shouldn't have done it in the first place. Its just that I work so much to deadlines and targets that I HAVE to meet it. I will adjust the date in a mo to the first Saturday of September whatever that is as Saturday is my WI day. How much of a dick am I, eh! :) But I knew you lot would slap me about a bit. xx

Breathe Sue!

I agree with Sally and Lou- this is not something to stress about. You are so close to goal we KNOW you will achieve it soon! :) The date there is just a time scale thing- to give you a good idea of when you'd like to have achieved your goal by! Nothing bad will happen to you if you don't achieve it, bang on!

You're doing really well- keep up with your exercise and your healthy eating and your body will respond. And I agree with Sally- it's just the same as a 1.5lb loss last week and this week. A MUCH better way to think about it.

If it's really presurrising you, give yourself a little longer with the goal! :)

Keep going Sue- you can do it!

Thanks Hannah. Its making me smile as you lot are all saying exactly what I would say to someone else. It's just my brain playing silly mind games on me. And you are so right that I will do it perhaps just not by 12 August! xx

There done. Saturday 1 September 2012! And relax. Thanks gals xxxxx

I always have to take something when I am invited anywhere for dinner or i feel rude (and it would usually be wine). Tonight I am taking a box ferrero rocher (im allergic to nuts) ;)

Great stuff Em. Start with Wk1 Cardio and see how you get on. No shame in using the pause button to make sure you get the form right and catch your breath if you need to. Did you get the 5kg?

Cat Lover Sue said:
Great stuff Em. Start with Wk1 Cardio and see how you get on. No shame in using the pause button to make sure you get the form right and catch your breath if you need to. Did you get the 5kg?

Yeah got the 5kg not sure ive got the cardio as a friend has giv um to me. Got fat loss and fast abs also got arms and shoulders legs and thighs hips and bum :)

I just ran on my elliptical for 28 mins :O Couldn't even manage 2 minutes at a time 2 months ago! Crazy!

I skipped the Beach Party I was supposed to be going to last night as I was really tired so no temptation was afforded me. Just got to navigate a pre or post Batman dinner this evening. Planning on having a biggish lunch so I am not so tempted!

I have also decided that I need to move my scales- I am weighing a bit obsessively again. I'm starting to annoy myself- I'm totally cool with other people weighing as much as they like but weighing daily makes me a bit obessive and overanalytical. As a result, if I come here on a day that isn't Monday and tell you I've weighed, you're all to shout at me. :D

Yeah got the 5kg not sure ive got the cardio as a friend has giv um to me. Got fat loss and fast abs also got arms and shoulders legs and thighs hips and bum :)

Morning Em - replied about this in the kettlebell thread but you've not actually got the programme you need there. However it will give you an excellent insight into kettleworx and introduce you to some of the moves. I would do the Fast Fat Burn and Fast Abs before you do the others. You get 3 x 10 minute sessions on each and each session is top and tailed with the warm up and cool down. For a while I did one of each to form a 20 minute session and obviously missed the middle cool down and warm up. Very intensive but good fun. Good luck! :)

Hiya everyone, well iv been reading this thread since it started but its the first time iv posted.

Tough love is definitely what i need, i am ex armed forces and the disciplin forced on you suited me well! I left when i had my little girl who is now 2, i have lost 3 stone since i started to try and shift the weight when my LO was 6 months old albeit not at a fast pace!

I want to lose another 3 stone but i am struggling, i put the food in my mouth, i know why i am still the weight i am, i binge eat to deal with my emotions, i play football twice a week in a team in a midlands ladies league, i go to the gym, i swim, i take my girl out and run around, i am not unfit by any means. I can keep up with most of the teenagers on the team, im just big, i eat too much which stops me losing weight but i exercise which still maintains my fitness that i buit up in the forces!? Now i feel stuck, i have that motivation feeling for a week or so, then i have 3 days eating like its the end of the world because im on nights or work was stressful or LO went to bed early so i have some time to myself?! Crazy i know!

I just dont know how to break that cycle, its like mindless eating when it happens, i hardly realise its happening! I know what it feels like to be slimmer, fit and healthy and its great.

I was a fat kid, i was bullied my entire childhood and teenage years but i wasnt unpopular, i had lots of friends and i was liked by teachers, everyone really. I just got bullied from the moment i went to a childminder (that was more physical bullying by her children and their friends) when i started school up until i joined the forces at 17 (by the lads in my group of friends), someone was always picking on me because of my weight.

Now im a grown woman with a child of her own, still the worst insult anyone could possibly hurl at me would be to call me fat (although i know i am) its like a knife and its stays with me like a wound for days after, i still hate walking past groups of kids, like i did when i was a kid myself, in case they say something about my weight! They could call me anything else and i wouldnt care, call me fat and im likely to cry.

I am determined that my LO will not suffer what i have and i am quite strict with what she eats although not so thats its obvious, she has chocolate etc when its appropriate but certainly not all the time.

ANYWAY, i really didnt mean to ramble on for so long but id really like to check in with you guys to try and keep me on track? I am inspired by some of your stories and have copied and pasted my favourite quotes from some of you that really hit home. Like i said, i know what i need to do, i just need a PTI type breathing down my neck to keep me on the straight and narrow! I dont think iv ever told anyone as much as iv just put in my first post here so apologies if its war and peace!!

Good luck guys, ill try and give support and butt kicking where and when i can :)

Last edited:
Back