TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Post ya pics in chat thread rod, I think science boys having palpitations hahaha :D

ha, that's good, 3.2kg next week for science boy then

glad your wobble is straightened out Lou, even the machines need help from time to time - well done for posting it tho

Thanks for your advice smileyman, I have taken it on board. I have tried every diet under the sun as most people on here have! Now I am using my fitness pal to track my calories (1800 per day) and doing as much physically as I can. Yesterday was a 5 mile walk across the countryside with kids in tow, today was gardening! I'm shattered but feeling good. I'm not weighing myself for a couple weeks as it doesn't help me personally. I'll read every day and check in as much as poss. Good to see everyone doing so well x

One thing I'm not sure about is if I enter my exercise on mfp, do people up their calories? Thanks x

Lizz1985 said:
Thanks for your advice smileyman, I have taken it on board. I have tried every diet under the sun as most people on here have! Now I am using my fitness pal to track my calories (1800 per day) and doing as much physically as I can. Yesterday was a 5 mile walk across the countryside with kids in tow, today was gardening! I'm shattered but feeling good. I'm not weighing myself for a couple weeks as it doesn't help me personally. I'll read every day and check in as much as poss. Good to see everyone doing so well x

One thing I'm not sure about is if I enter my exercise on mfp, do people up their calories? Thanks x

I use MFP. If you enter your calories it does up your calorie intake yes but you don't have to eat them. But if you are going for a special meal you can use them. That's how I work it anyway!

Welcome back Rod, good to see you. Looks like you had a great time!

Sorry to hear about the heat stroke gettingfit! Hope you are feeling better!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Good to see you back Rod

I know Ive only subscribed to this thread recently but Im bailing out for now, not just from the thread, but from Minimins in general for a bit

Im on anti depressants, anti anxiety tabs and sleeping tablets and Im not in a good place right now. I need to take a step back from here and from dieting to get my head sorted out. Im just not in a good place just now at all.

Be assured though, soon as Im back, Ill be back here with a vengance.

Thanks for all your support guys

*HUGS*

Good to see you back Rod

I know Ive only subscribed to this thread recently but Im bailing out for now, not just from the thread, but from Minimins in general for a bit

Im on anti depressants, anti anxiety tabs and sleeping tablets and Im not in a good place right now. I need to take a step back from here and from dieting to get my head sorted out. Im just not in a good place just now at all.

*HUGS*

Sounds like you're doing the best thing Starlight. Take care of yourself and come back when you are feeling better! :) We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

hey me again!
grr i came on here 4 weeks ago with a STS after not being 100% and now 4 weeks later ive only lost 3lbs! grrr dont even know where im going wrong! im sticking to plan nd this week i was even making sure i was drinlking 2llitres of water a day as i used to tend to forget to drink and i lost a poopy 0.5lb! grr ive started exercising too, i walk 3.6 miles a day (bt always have done (school run) and ive started going out on my bike for an hour 3x a week n i still get a small loss!
anything u think some tough love could fix? x

Weighed in yesterday - back from holiday the night before - and 6lbs on! I'm really hoping there's a lot of water retention in there because I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. Anyway I want 2lbs off by next week at least. I'm cutting out the wine, sticking to the plan. I've some exercise planned but need to get more in. The running is def a struggle which I wish it wasn't because its so quick. Next couple of weeks are all over the place and .likely to be eating out so I need to really be careful if I'm going to hit my target!
I've been having a bit of a read through and you've all been very well behaved while I've been away - looks like even the fear of tough love is enough to keep people on the straight and narrow!

Starlight said:
Good to see you back Rod

*HUGS*

Make sure you're kind to yourself starlight.

hey me again!
grr i came on here 4 weeks ago with a STS after not being 100% and now 4 weeks later ive only lost 3lbs! grrr dont even know where im going wrong! im sticking to plan nd this week i was even making sure i was drinlking 2llitres of water a day as i used to tend to forget to drink and i lost a poopy 0.5lb! grr ive started exercising too, i walk 3.6 miles a day (bt always have done (school run) and ive started going out on my bike for an hour 3x a week n i still get a small loss!

Well firstly 3lbs is still not a bad amount to lose. If you want to lose more you have to assess what you are doing and how you can improve it. I see you on are Slimming World- I don't know a lot about it but I know about it's 'free foods'. Any chance you could be eating too much of those? How about portion sizes? Are those in check? If not that could be a good area where you could gain a lot of ground.

In regards to exercise, the walking is great and cycling 3 times a week is good but could you try doing one extra session this week? It might help :)

Good to see you back Rod

*HUGS*

aw i hope you feel better soon, depression and anxiety is really awful, ive been there for a year after my middle child, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy. if you want to chat feel free to pm me hun, hope you feel better soon x

hey me again!

right, your entering your healthy bmi...i dont particularly go by bmi but still, apparently the lower it is the harder the weight seems to come off for the majority of people. it could be that as theres less of you you need to be cutting back even more. ive decided i hate this sayin ive been 100% cos what exactly does that mean? your 100% at 5 stone over weight is not really going to work when you only have 1 stone to lose is it? i think we should find a new saying, as really theres no such thing as 100% as this would suggest sticking to one set plan, but one set plan wont work for everyone and wont always work for the individual....one thing i have learnt is that the diet needs to be adapted, i hear so often people complaining of not losing weight but instead of changing something theyre are doing, like cutting down portions, reducing carbs/fats, they just plug away regardless hoping that the 'weight gods' favour them and miraculously make them lose that last bit of weight...well, it wont come off unless you change something your doing, the 100% that worked before isnt working now as there is less of you, your bmr will be lower (this is the amount of cals your body needs just to survive if it were in a coma or just laid down all day) there fore the amount of cals you need on a daily basis is lower so you need to reduc e this again to see a loss. if you 'cant' do this then dont, but then your not going to lose weight any quicker...the only other way is to drastically increase your exercise so your burning off a lot more. its not magic, its science...use more cals than you take in and you will lose weight its as simple as that.

Weighed in yesterday - back from holiday the night before - and 6lbs on! I'm really hoping there's a lot of water retention in there because I wasn't expecting it to be that bad. Anyway I want 2lbs off by next week at least. I'm cutting out the wine, sticking to the plan. I've some exercise planned but need to get more in. The running is def a struggle which I wish it wasn't because its so quick. Next couple of weeks are all over the place and .likely to be eating out so I need to really be careful if I'm going to hit my target!
I've been having a bit of a read through and you've all been very well behaved while I've been away - looks like even the fear of tough love is enough to keep people on the straight and narrow!

ok....6 pounds is a tad excessive dont you think? i know you were on holiday but thats almost half a stone in what? 1 week? yes we all suffer from water retention but a day of glugging down more water than you can stand should shift that....if the scales still show that amount of gain then im afraid you have really gone for it, whether you want to admit it or not. i put 5.5 pound on during christmas week....i was adamant i hadnt been that bad and i lost 3.5 pound by the following week, but i look at the pictures and you can so tell id put that weight on, i looked bloated my tummy was massive and i just look awful....then when i sat and was honest with myself id spent the whole week eating pork pies, crisps and dips, meat and other christmas favourites...i WILL NOT be doing that this year, ill be filling my fridge with healthy stuff as i have realised i dont need to binge to have a good time...by the sounds of it this is a link you make with food....'oh im on holiday i deserve to eat what i want' kinda attitude, well your an adult and can choose to eat what you want thats fine, its your choice, but afterwards dont sit upset wondering why youve put weight on, you made that decision and you knew deep down what would happen and if you didnt then this is something you really need to face up to...more food = weight gain, now, your back and you can get right back on it and your going to have to work twice as hard to get that weight off...6 pound for me is roughly 6 weeks worth of weight losses.....was it worth it? c'mon...big kick up the butt given!

another day of walking for me today, and excellent eating of course. im feeling very very swollen today, i dont know about anyone else but i always feel very swollen when its hot, i think i poosibly dont drink enough? its a bit cooler today which should make walking more pleasant!

I think I need to look at my portion sizes to shift these last few lbs. I had an unplanned excess Saturday night as you have prob seen in the forums. Back on track straight after but the result was a 1lb gain. My first gain since starting to diet! I deserved it so I'm not gonna whinge but I clearly need to rethink my priorities or I won't hit target.

I think I need to look at my portion sizes to shift these last few lbs. I had an unplanned excess Saturday night as you have prob seen in the forums. Back on track straight after but the result was a 1lb gain. My first gain since starting to diet! I deserved it so I'm not gonna whinge but I clearly need to rethink my priorities or I won't hit target.

Glad you're being honest with yourself Sparty! Have you thought about calorie cycling? I know you're doing slimming world but it's supposed to be pretty good to help boost your metabolism when you are close to goal. :)

Weigh in today. I suddenly came over all Lou-ish and had the burning desire to weigh myself on the scales at the swimming pool last night...they said I had put on 1/2lb! I felt gutted all night. I could not have been better at my plan this week and have done one more exercise session than normal...admittedly I haven't ahem...'gone' for a week now, but I NEED TO REACH MY ONE STONE AWARD TONIGHT OR I AM GOING TO HAVE A BIG CHILDISH TANTRUM!!!

whats calorie cycling? I was thinking about cutting down on my carbs but not sure how to go about finding out how many calories everything has? Maybe lou can advise...

Weigh in today. I suddenly came over all Lou-ish and had the burning desire to weigh myself on the scales at the swimming pool last night...they said I had put on 1/2lb! I felt gutted all night. I could not have been better at my plan this week and have done one more exercise session than normal...admittedly I haven't ahem...'gone' for a week now, but I NEED TO REACH MY ONE STONE AWARD TONIGHT OR I AM GOING TO HAVE A BIG CHILDISH TANTRUM!!!

PAHAHAHAHA you should have learnt from me silly girly!! thayre different scales, they could just read different to the ones your used to.....ignore it, i bet you have a good loss this week, youve been really dedicated to the weight loss cause this week, lots of exercise, good food choices etc. have faith in yourself!

whats calorie cycling? I was thinking about cutting down on my carbs but not sure how to go about finding out how many calories everything has? Maybe lou can advise...

right, calorie cycling is basically alternating low cal days of 1000-1200 with higher days of say 1800-2000, it apparently boostys metabolism, but i think it also increases your risk of binge and purge..i kind of do this but weouldnt do alternate days of 2000, personally i think thats too many even with the low days, i do however aim for 1200, but allow myself upto 1600 a couple of times a week, and on a weekend if i go out ill perhaps have one 2000 day...which still shouldnt be too much to cause a gain. your bmi is low, you dont have a lot to lose i would aim for 1200 most days then maybe a couple of days say one on a weekend have 1600 cals....see how you get on. you need to register with my fitness pal as its the easiest way to track cals, and if you have an iphone or android phone that has apps you can download it on your phone which is all i use tbh...you can scan items, input exercise, or search their database for items, check the amounts and away you go. easy peasy. i dont eat my exercise cals though as i think this completely defeats the object of exercising...also mfp tends to eb a bit over generous with how many cals you burn, its not reliable

bon chance Starlight, thanks for your support to me on day 1 of this thread

we'll be here when you're ready

Back