TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Well done Lou.

Rod - I had posted a loss last night! Just because I fell off the wagon doesn't negate that.

It does in this thread, and you know it.

I don't agree! I would have had a better loss, sure. But I really did well the entire rest of the week, and I am proud of my 1 pound. So there!

i did say you were brave to post your spectacular biscuit frenzy, you could have hidden and you didn't, so you get honesty points

and a loss is a loss so well done

no-one is a machine but sometimes you have to think that way.

ditch the biscuits and you ditch the temptation, it could have been two lbs LJ....

Good afternoon,
Well the weekend is here again which doesnt really affect me to be fair as im a shift worker but tomorrow is my weigh in day. I have had a good week so am hoping to stick to my 1lb per week target. In the 3 weeks that i have been calorie counting i have lost 4lb. Began at 213lb on the 7th July. Last saturday i was 209lb so i will let you know how i get on. Have a good weekend, hope the sun shines and i hope you all get back to your winning ways! You lot and your determination, hard work and 'man up' for goodness sake attitude is what lead me here. Dont lose it now i need you :)

Avoid processed food if you can, because it's full of added sugars which mess with the body's ability to tell whether it's hungry or not. Other than that, any balanced food made should be OK.

Try to eat less than 100g of carbs in each meal - that way you will have absorbed them all before the protein and fat start being absorbed, so your blood gets a slow steady stream of sugar rather than a big rush if the carbs and fat/protein overlap.

I don't know how SW works, but I do know that on WW the number of 'Points' you are allowed drops as you lose weight, so if there's a similar system, make sure you are using the right amount of 'Syns' (?) for your weight.

With a BMI of 25.5, there's no way you'll get down to 22.6 by October unless you start building in a decent amount of exercise into your plan. If you can walk 4 miles in an hour, you'll burn off 600 calories - do that every day and that's over 4000 extra calories gone every week. Just swap "EastEnders and Corrie" for "Slim and Sexy" :)

SW uses syns which is generally speaking, 20cals = 1 syn, theres no set amount per weight, just 5-15 per day (on top of superfree, free and healthy extras) but i had decided with help frommy SW consultant that ill aim to keep it to about 7 syns a day.

when u say less than 100g of carbs..do u mean veg and pulses combined?as that doesnt sound like a lot lol!

i am definitely going to up the exercise! i do walk 3.6 miles a day, but takes Waaaay longer than hour as im walking that with kids and pushing a double buggy, but im goin to aim to try n get out of the house on my own for an hour in an evening, whether thats to ride my bike or walk. TBH ive been quite scared of exercise until now, only because so many people have reported a gain on the scales when starting exercise n i really dont think im ready to see that, id see it as a failure! but, i know the weight will come off the if im exercising, eating the right foods and keeping myself hydrated (which is another thing ive only just started! :/) so im going to opt for the tapemeasure too and if the scales show a gain ill ignore them and go by the tapemeasure!

I had a loss too but I guess I didn't really work hard to get it, 2lbs could've been 4lbs which I know is a big target for a week but when you've got 10 stone to lose you need big losses so the journey doesn't seem too endless!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I had a loss also rod! 1 1/2lbs
I know i shouldnt ov ate those food and i know y i did it and i shud ov cum on here for a gud talking 2 before even thinkin ov puttin it in my mouth!
So heres my pledge if im even thinking ov binge eating i will cum on here n tell u all first so u can talk me out ov it!
I really appreciate all ur help if it was for u all and this thread i think my binge night might hav turned into a binge week!! Gunna push extra hard on the bells in abit

I had a loss also rod! 1 1/2lbs
I know i shouldnt ov ate those food and i know y i did it and i shud ov cum on here for a gud talking 2 before even thinkin ov puttin it in my mouth!
So heres my pledge if im even thinking ov binge eating i will cum on here n tell u all first so u can talk me out ov it!
I really appreciate all ur help if it was for u all and this thread i think my binge night might hav turned into a binge week!! Gunna push extra hard on the bells in abit

I know you lost, you and LisaJade bucked the system and came up smelling right - THIS TIME!

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BUCKED THE SYSTEM AND SMELT WRONG???

I rest my case

your loss is down to the combo of exercise and mostly sticking to the plan. I appluad the efforts you have made on the bells and this will do you no end of good in the long run

if you are hungrier after the exercise, choose your snacks wisely

A punnet of grapes will do nicely!

Good afternoon,
Well the weekend is here again which doesnt really affect me to be fair as im a shift worker but tomorrow is my weigh in day. I have had a good week so am hoping to stick to my 1lb per week target. In the 3 weeks that i have been calorie counting i have lost 4lb. Began at 213lb on the 7th July. Last saturday i was 209lb so i will let you know how i get on. Have a good weekend, hope the sun shines and i hope you all get back to your winning ways! You lot and your determination, hard work and 'man up' for goodness sake attitude is what lead me here. Dont lose it now i need you :)

we won't lose it sister, don't you worry

all of us have a wobble from time to time, it's inevitable.

the difference on this thread is that it's not forgiven, swept under the carpet and HAS A LINE DRAWN UNDER IT. Here you have to say why, confess, own up, OWN IT (Lou's fave) and just get on with it

this week the wobbles have also posted losses - it's just a bad signal to send!

these girls are THE BEST you will run across on this forum and they really do make a difference to me and everyone else that posts here.

you have a long road to travel, we'll hold your hand if you try hard and be honest

great start, lets see a great middle and a happy ending

I had a loss too but I guess I didn't really work hard to get it, 2lbs could've been 4lbs which I know is a big target for a week but when you've got 10 stone to lose you need big losses so the journey doesn't seem too endless!!!!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

anything over 5st is a big trip sister, break that down into manageable chunks and keep plugging away

Once you have 50 posts you can update your stats and we can get to work on you, good n rough

Good afternoon,

and another thing

how come you get a football ticker and I get pink scales??

GRRRRRRR

ok I've said it before - where's the photo's?

Before's and afters and before and nows is all good

Lou's posted a couple, me too and Emma - forgive me if anyone else has, I can't remember!

surely someone else can post up a bit of visual inspiration??

I'll kick off, I ain't pretty, but I am definitely thinner than I was!

Sorry they are all fishing but that's the only time I take snaps!

Weymouth2011012.jpg

there's me on the right - approx 19.5st

here's me a fortnight ago - 16-1
me012.jpg

Ha erm cus i chose a football and not scales when i did my ticker?! :) thanks for your reply, im on it like a car bonnet :) see you tomorrow

seems like a reasonable answer to a very stupid question - my pink scales will help me keep in touch with my feminine side (which is quite small and hard to find)

glad you're on it, post some photo's, 3st lost is gonna be very noticeable and inspirational at 5ft 7

have a sticker that LJ did when she wasn't eating biscuits

seems like a reasonable answer to a very stupid question - my pink scales will help me keep in touch with my feminine side (which is quite small and hard to find)

glad you're on it, post some photo's, 3st lost is gonna be very noticeable and inspirational at 5ft 7

have a sticker that LJ did when she wasn't eating biscuits

Bleurgh don't mention the B word! I am well and truly over it. I should have actually planned a nice tasty meal with the OH or something, rather than sitting here eating dry manky biscuits. I have had 2 slip ups since joining this thread. Both times, I ended it immediately. In the past, this wou;d have rolled on for days and days. In a sense, the most annoying part is that I now have to think about not binge eating again, and I hadn't needed to worry about it for a while, because it was in my distant past. Now it is in my recent past. I don't like that.

Bleurgh don't mention the B word! I am well and truly over it. I should have actually planned a nice tasty meal with the OH or something, rather than sitting here eating dry manky biscuits. I have had 2 slip ups since joining this thread. Both times, I ended it immediately. In the past, this wou;d have rolled on for days and days. In a sense, the most annoying part is that I now have to think about not binge eating again, and I hadn't needed to worry about it for a while, because it was in my distant past. Now it is in my recent past. I don't like that.

well you posted it and I am gonna reinforce your learning with it - alls fair with Tough Love LJ, the love is in there somewhere I promise

carry on not liking it and it will be distant, meantime those 1lb drops could be 1.5 - 2lb drops - imagine that you could have done 50 - 100% better

percentages are just a killer ain't they??

:Na_Na_Na_Na:

U look well gud rod :) and yeah i know wat u mean ive got to get back on it coz i want this!
Its my 10 yr anniversary in october so wud love to b at target by then :) or shud i say i will b at target by then!!

order the slinky fishing waders now then Emma, you will be in them on 11th Oct sister

Back