TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Aaargh just did it - registered for Cardiff half on 14th October. Should be at goal by then, and the hope is that it will keep me from loosing the plot during my two week holiday, which is the week before. Don't wanna get too excited as have registered in the past and the pressure got too much so didn't keep up training (although have also run two in the past) so will see what happens. Good to have a focus, but a bit scary too.

good plan

my OH was once around 13st, then discovered hockey, then running - currently level at 10st for the last nine years (barring three pregnancies!) so epic maintainer

she ALWAYS has a 10k on the calendar (every three months) and runs a half marathon every other year - she's done Bristol/Bath and Cardiff so far

the Cardiff one is great, it ends in Millenium stadium, I was very proud watching her sprint the track at the end

go for it Bonnie

little competitive 10k's are Em's total lifesaver, keep her running every week - so if you emulate that you'll be onto a winner

woohoo! im pleased to tell u all i lost 0.5lb! not much i know, slowly slowly, i had had a week off plan, well i didnt count syns or measure healthy extras, i ate birthday cake and i drank wine (my choice, not a binge lol) BUT i had made the best choices possible with takeaways and meals out, and i had prepared myself for a 2lb gain, but yay! :) x

Aaargh just did it - registered for Cardiff half on 14th October. Should be at goal by then, and the hope is that it will keep me from loosing the plot during my two week holiday, which is the week before. Don't wanna get too excited as have registered in the past and the pressure got too much so didn't keep up training (although have also run two in the past) so will see what happens. Good to have a focus, but a bit scary too.
best of luck! :) X

But I do worry with the amount of ppl I've come across on here who e had an eating disorder as I feel that advice needs to be altered to not get into old ways, I think perhaps regular visits to a counsellor to check in is possibly the best way forward and if I'm honest it's made me wary of tough loving ppl as I'd hate to
Be brutally honest with someone and it contribute to them going back to
Dangerous territory. I don't know enough about eds to be able to
Contribute to good advice so I feel a bit out on a limb when ppl say theyve had eds and tend to err on the side of caution.
i came here for some tough love as thats what i need :) those urges to binge are a ***** lol and sometimes just need some straight talking to get me past as i know its a stupid thing to do which is not going to help my weightloss nor help my destination for a happier healthier me :)
ive entered this thread knowing whats in store for me should i stray, and i am pleased with myself that i have not binged once since starting SW but have come close n i know those little "cheats" can spiral very quickly, so the tough love i will receive should i cheat will keep me on the straight and narrow! :)

i came here for some tough love as thats what i need :) those urges to binge are a ***** lol and sometimes just need some straight talking to get me past as i know its a stupid thing to do which is not going to help my weightloss nor help my destination for a happier healthier me :)
ive entered this thread knowing whats in store for me should i stray, and i am pleased with myself that i have not binged once since starting SW but have come close n i know those little "cheats" can spiral very quickly, so the tough love i will receive should i cheat will keep me on the straight and narrow! :)

As long as its helping you! If you start to feel like it's somehow encouraging you to form habits that might be detrimental, then don't be afraid to bow out!

Did my monthly measurements this morning- another 2.5 inches gone from all over :D

I haven't said much to you Lulafrootloop, because I am not qualified in much apart from straight talking

you sound like you're on top of things very well now sister, the more you adopt the no-cheat philosophy yourself the better you will be equipped to tackle the journey - it will breed confidence and this means you are the boss, not your "demon side" - which we all have of course

keep on checking in and do not fear, this thread will do what it says on the tin and if no-one else wades into you as required, I will....

great stuff Emma

how does the inches lost over your body work? Or get calculated more to the point?

yours,

confused, dumbo male....

My system is probably totally inaccurate! Basically, I took my measurements from my Bust, Waist, Hips and Thigh back in March. I measure, see how much I've lost from each area and add the total. There's guides on how to measure yourself online :) I should probably double my thigh result, but I don't. I'm not too fussed about being totally accurate. I just like to know that I am getting smaller ^^

Rod the Bass said:
great stuff Emma

how does the inches lost over your body work? Or get calculated more to the point?

yours,

confused, dumbo male....

I hav an app on my phone were i first put my picture and measurements then every so often i add new measurements n pics n it then calculates how much i hav lost from my whole body :) its very gud and motivating coz u can also put the pics nxt to each ova and see the difference :)

I hav an app on my phone were i first put my picture and measurements then every so often i add new measurements n pics n it then calculates how much i hav lost from my whole body :) its very gud and motivating coz u can also put the pics nxt to each ova and see the difference :)

Oooh! Any chance of an app name? :D

I get measured at my gym every 10 weeks - they do arms, chest, abdominal, waist, hips, thighs. I got measured yesterday (it had been 16 weeks because of my hand) and I've lost another 12.75 inches all over, which is 33 inches since I started at the end of October. My instructor said I have the same waist measurement as Victoria Beckham!!! Don't know if that is true but I'm not going to check it out in case she is wrong!!! She also asked if they could use my story in their next ad in the local paper :) Body measurements are a great indicator of progress, especially when you work out. It helps to keep you motivated when the scales tell you otherwise.

slimmersally said:
I get measured at my gym every 10 weeks - they do arms, chest, abdominal, waist, hips, thighs. I got measured yesterday (it had been 16 weeks because of my hand) and I've lost another 12.75 inches all over, which is 33 inches since I started at the end of October. My instructor said I have the same waist measurement as Victoria Beckham!!! Don't know if that is true but I'm not going to check it out in case she is wrong!!! She also asked if they could use my story in their next ad in the local paper :) Body measurements are a great indicator of progress, especially when you work out. It helps to keep you motivated when the scales tell you otherwise.

Wow thats amazing :)

slimmersally said:

Oh wow that's brilliant!!! You should defo have your story in the paper!!!

I am just sat re reading my beck book, I need a re cap on beating the little fat girl inside me that seems to be raising her ugly head. Had a terrible night last night, argument with hubby, falling out with son, little ones being awful and all I wanted to do was eat, I ate back my exercise cals which I never normally do, I don't feel bad I just need to gain some control back. I will have gained this week but I deserve it and so be it. I've inputted the whole of today's food into MFP and I WILL stick to it. I'm WAY under cal goal but that will make up for at least some of the damage I've done.

As long as its helping you! If you start to feel like it's somehow encouraging you to form habits that might be detrimental, then don't be afraid to bow out!

Did my monthly measurements this morning- another 2.5 inches gone from all over :D

Well done FL, that's great stuff.

Woweee! That's fantastic, 33 inches is absolutely loads! Well done you. Very inspiring.

Back