TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

2lb gain!! A GAIN!!! I am NOT happy - I really don't think I deserved that after all the exercise I have done this week.

Oh sparty :-( that's crappy. I am trying to think back to your week...as I recall you had a bad weekend but a good week?

Look, whether it is because of what you have been doing (seems unlikely given your exercise) or some other temporary reason, it is gutting, I know.

BUT you have proved you CAN do it, you know what to do. Put this behind you as soon as you can and make sure you have a 100% perfect week this week. If it was a temporary reason for the gain (like water retention or something) then you will have a massive loss next week and you will feel on top of the world again.

C'mon Sparty! YOu are a super Basser. You can do it!

hey hun, dont drink the tea its vile and its not as potent as the capules, i take one in a morning, my losses are better when i take them, but it could be circumstantial. the lemon and hot water is brilliant, try having 2 cups of it one after the other...youll pee for england!!!

right i have been thinking and thinking all day about what im going to do with myself, and how im going to get through this, all ive had to eat all day is a sandwich...ive been saving my cals for a pizza that ive fancied all week, i havent had a pizza for weeks and its budgeted for so no biggy (plus i dont eat any of the crusts so thats half the pizza gone ) anyway thats my plan for tonight, then im going to have a bath, do a face mask and pamper myself a bit in preparation for my next stage....

tomorrow i am going to do a big shop but im going to get some different foods to have, and im going to make a meal plan from tomorrow until thursday, every food will be counted and weighed and ill stick to my set meal plans
im going to do an exercise plan, i am going to start the couch to 5k, i have been saying it all week but tomorrow morning im going to lay my trackies and trainers out and when i get in from work im just going to get changed and do it...no sitting and thinking about it
im going to take science boys suggestion and do some weights on my arms
im going to keep track of how many fluids im taking in
im cutting out alcohol untilt eh wedding on thursday and then im going to stick to gin and slim line while im there and alternate alcoholic drinks with water

i am getting some control back, and im going to whip my butt back into shape...anything else anyone can add to the list to get me back in control and motivated please feel free to add. i want you all to do me a favour, if i come on with excuses dont let me get away with any of it....i wouldnt you lot, i need to report in daily and let you know what my plans are and if ive stuck to it, if i havent you have to give me a telling off...im banning myself from chit chat until i can get some control back, i need strictness and for you all to be really tough on me...yes i have crap ging on and health issues but so do other people, that doesnt mean i get to wallow and feel sorry for myself...there ive kicked my own butt, and ill see you all on the other side when im back to my usual self....:D

Go lou! You sound like you have got your mindset sorted. - changing it up and adding some exercise.

100% for you from now on. Keep us updated! Now head up, heart strong, bum in gear!

P.s I am catching you up with your lbs to go... want a race?

2lb gain!! A GAIN!!! I am NOT happy - I really don't think I deserved that after all the exercise I have done this week.

sparty....that sucks, but after weighing in daily for 2 weeks my weight could fluctuate by 3 pounds over night for no reason, but it would be off again the next day. ignore it if youve done everything right and re weigh tomorrow, if its still again re assess...try the hot water and lemon, if you start peeing loads your retaining water, dont sweat it. c'mon dont let this knock you off track, its normal to have plateaus and unexpected gains when you get slimmer, theres no rhyme or reason sometimes its just the way it is.....power through, dont spiral out of control. have you looked over your food for the last week? anything creeping in? too many carbs? bigger portion sizes? foods that bung you up? more processed food? more alcohol? if youve not changed a thing and you know your being on it maybe just be 'aware' this week and see what happens..is it lady fun week?

Go lou! You sound like you have got your mindset sorted. - changing it up and adding some exercise.

100% for you from now on. Keep us updated! Now head up, heart strong, bum in gear!

P.s I am catching you up with your lbs to go... want a race?

yeah im ok now, i went to be at 9.45!!! lol and didnt wake up til 9.20 this morning!!!! i must have needed it, i feel refreshed, i looked at the crumpets on my side and just thought bleurgh bread yuk....i had my pizza last night and i feel heavy and bloated today but in a way im glad i had it...its cured the thoughts of naughty food......it was within a reasonable amount of cals so its not a biggy but i feel bleurgh all the same....today im not having brekkie, i feel too full, im going to adopt a eat when your hungry stop when your full as i think im on default slimming world which is eat 3 meals, eat snacks, dont go hungry ever bla bla and i have been panicking getting all boggled down by sciencey stuf thikning i have to eat more than probably what i even want sometimes to make my cals up 'to keep my metabolism burning' im going to log my food into mfp still but im not going to aim for a set amount of cals each day, im just going to have a cap at 1500...i cant have more than this but if some days i only want 600 then leave it at that dont eat just cos its there.....i actually feel happy today and like i can get in control again, i need to weigh in really to see what damage ive done but i wont have time today to get into town so ill do it tomorrow.....no point burying my head in the sand is there? i did it!! then ill 'draw a line under it' HAHAHAHAHA just kidding rod dont have a heart attack....if its a gain ill be really mad at myself for being so stupid, but in a way it willl do me good to see the damage of losing control.

right bonnie once ive weighed in girlie that gap maybe even smaller...and you are SOOOOOO on ill race ya!!! im very competitive ill warn you hahaha, maybe this is what i need a bit of healthy competition?? ooh im excited now!!! ill weigh in on the dodgy scales see roughly where were at.....what day do you weigh in? we should weigh in the same day maybe?

Bonnie/Lou,

It is lady fun week but I don't want to use this as an excuse. I am going to put my calories and exercise in a list for the week so you can see how I have done and hopefully help me work out if I am going wrong somewhere. My BMR is 1839 - so to lose I should be around 1339 calories per day (is this right Lou?) MFP says I should be having 1200 so I am aiming for between those amounts most days. On Saturday and Sunday I was out so was aiming for around 1500. Monday was my little blip with the chocolate within allowance and then some extra sweets when I shouldn't have.

Fri 1181 cals 138 burned off (according to MFP 157 left)
Sat 1533 cals 742 burned off (according to MFP - 409 left)
Sun 1432 cals 500 burned off (according to MFP - 268 left)
Mon 1516 cals 369 burned off (according to MFP - 53 left)
Tues 1202 cals 185 burned off (according to MFP - 183 left)
Weds 1234 cals 696 burned off (according to MFP - 662 left)
Thurs 1359 cals 230 burned off (according to MFP - 71 left)

Every single day I have had calories left to spare according to MFP so I have no idea why I have gained 2lb. I am drinking between 1.5-2l water every day. Looking at what I am having I suppose I have been eating things I wouldn't have on SW as they have been within my calorie limit so I guess I can cut that out again pretty easily. I am off to buy some lemons tonight to try that and see if it helps.

I am quite upset about it as I thought I had been managing the calories vs exercise well but maybe I just need to be more strict and not use any exercise calories at all?! I am going out for a double date tomorrow night and I am now feeling really worried as the other couple have picked indian. I have entered what I think I will have into MFP already and had allowed for a few drinks etc as it's been ages since me and my bf have seen this couple. Now I feel like I don't want to go any more as it will just end up with a gain again next week. I am going to stay really low calorie today and drink lots of water with lemon in the hope that this is just water retention.

From Sunday I am going to stick to 1200 without exception until WI on Friday and see if that kicks a loss out. I thought that calorie counting would be a good way of getting back into 'normal life' once I am at target but it looks like I need to be more disciplined if I want to keep the weight off.

(Well done Bonnie on the 60 laps!! Thats loads!!!!)

right bonnie once ive weighed in girlie that gap maybe even smaller...and you are SOOOOOO on ill race ya!!! im very competitive ill warn you hahaha, maybe this is what i need a bit of healthy competition?? ooh im excited now!!! ill weigh in on the dodgy scales see roughly where were at.....what day do you weigh in? we should weigh in the same day maybe?

Yep I weigh in on Wednesdays. You're on! Although I have started 6lbs behind you - shall we even the playing field by saying first one to get to goal, or in your case goal +6lbs? Would that be fair? I have to warn you though, I am on form at the moment! When I am in this mood, NOTHING gets in my way!

Bonnie/Lou,

It is lady fun week but I don't want to use this as an excuse. I am going to put my calories and exercise in a list for the week so you can see how I have done and hopefully help me work out if I am going wrong somewhere. My BMR is 1839 - so to lose I should be around 1339 calories per day (is this right Lou?) MFP says I should be having 1200 so I am aiming for between those amounts most days. On Saturday and Sunday I was out so was aiming for around 1500. Monday was my little blip with the chocolate within allowance and then some extra sweets when I shouldn't have.

Fri 1181 cals 138 burned off (according to MFP 157 left)
Sat 1533 cals 742 burned off (according to MFP - 409 left)
Sun 1432 cals 500 burned off (according to MFP - 268 left)
Mon 1516 cals 369 burned off (according to MFP - 53 left)
Tues 1202 cals 185 burned off (according to MFP - 183 left)
Weds 1234 cals 696 burned off (according to MFP - 662 left)
Thurs 1359 cals 230 burned off (according to MFP - 71 left)

Every single day I have had calories left to spare according to MFP so I have no idea why I have gained 2lb. I am drinking between 1.5-2l water every day. Looking at what I am having I suppose I have been eating things I wouldn't have on SW as they have been within my calorie limit so I guess I can cut that out again pretty easily. I am off to buy some lemons tonight to try that and see if it helps.

I am quite upset about it as I thought I had been managing the calories vs exercise well but maybe I just need to be more strict and not use any exercise calories at all?! I am going out for a double date tomorrow night and I am now feeling really worried as the other couple have picked indian. I have entered what I think I will have into MFP already and had allowed for a few drinks etc as it's been ages since me and my bf have seen this couple. Now I feel like I don't want to go any more as it will just end up with a gain again next week. I am going to stay really low calorie today and drink lots of water with lemon in the hope that this is just water retention.

From Sunday I am going to stick to 1200 without exception until WI on Friday and see if that kicks a loss out. I thought that calorie counting would be a good way of getting back into 'normal life' once I am at target but it looks like I need to be more disciplined if I want to keep the weight off.

(Well done Bonnie on the 60 laps!! Thats loads!!!!)

right you are averaging at 1351 cals a day, and with the amount of exercise your doing you should have lost a couple of pound this week for sure....dont panic and dont change anything just yet, lady fun week isnt an excuse to be used to binge and go off plan, but it can be a REASON for gaining weight temporarily, it will be water retention and probably a bit of bunged-up-ness, honestly i would just forget about it for this week, the other thing is (and im not sure i agree with this but im going by what other ppl say) maybe with your exercise cals taken off your not quite having enough? your metabolism has adjusted and slowed down to accomodate it? this shouldnt account for a gain though but im just throwing it out there. the week before last i had closer to 1500 cals a day, when id previously been having 1200 and i lost 2 pound, when id previously sts...it could be coincedence i could have missed something etc but i was shocked to discover id lost 2 pound having a few more cals...i dont know what the 'right' answer is as sometimes its all a bit mysterious as to why we dont lose weight some weeks, but in all honesty my money is on water retention..and i bet you have a corker of a loss next week. by all means keep a more keen eye on yourself, keep up the exercise, it wont hurt any but i wouldnt cut the cals back a lot just yet, i really truly dont believe its that...did you know you can temporarily gain upto 5 pounds on fun week? try the lemon and water, try the green tea capsules and perhaps add some more fibre to your diet? does this make sense? youve done nothing wrong....which i know is more annoying but you wont keep gaining with an average intake of 1350 cals a day and all the exercise your doing.....its just not possible...put your logic head on......youve done everything you could, its fun week....need i say more?

Ok - I will stick with what I am doing for another week and give it a chance to work when its not ladies fun week. I will keep up the exercise too as its only going to make me more toned in the long run and cant do any harm. I will go for my curry tomorrow but I will limit the drinks to a couple less than I had planned. I think I will stick to soft drinks before the meal and then two glasses of wine maximum at the restuarant. I had counted for 3 vodka and diet cokes as well but I will try to avoid having all three. I have planned a really low calorie breakfast and a 2 hour walk into town and back tomorrow morning so that will combat some of the calories. I am also planning to do my exercise dvd Sunday morning so that should help too.

Someone at work that I havent seen for ages told me she thought I had lost 'loads of weight' so that was a nice little lift from my disappointment earlier. Realistically I can tell that I am smaller over recent weeks (exercise probably more to thank than the diet) as I keep asking my bf if he can see a difference. I never used to ask that - it was always that i feel bloated or this looks too clingy etc etc etc. But now I FEEL better generally when I am not having ladies fun week when I reflect on recent weeks. Need to keep this in mind and not focus on what the scales say so much at this time of the month

friday weigh in

scales say....drum roll..................15-12!

BOOM

thats another pound - only a pound, but a hard lost pound I think...

strategies and options for me are under a major overhaul this weekend

I am very hard on myself but then , I'm hard on you guys too

portion sizes will be duly noted - good point Lou! cheers. But no herbal drinks for me, I'm a tough guy, lol

to celebrate fishing at sub-16 stone I landed a few bass last night in s devon, here's the one I am smiliest for

Warren2002.jpg

told you I looked thinner

now, here comes 15-10 next week

stare down the weekend

well done to all the losses, re-group those that have STS

and Sparty, my heart sank, but it's cool, you will pull it back

or we'll have to have words....

friday weigh in

scales say....drum roll..................15-12!

BOOM

thats another pound - only a pound, but a hard lost pound I think...

strategies and options for me are under a major overhaul this weekend

I am very hard on myself but then , I'm hard on you guys too

portion sizes will be duly noted - good point Lou! cheers. But no herbal drinks for me, I'm a tough guy, lol

to celebrate fishing at sub-16 stone I landed a few bass last night in s devon, here's the one I am smiliest for

Warren2002.jpg

told you I looked thinner

now, here comes 15-10 next week

stare down the weekend

well done to all the losses, re-group those that have STS

and Sparty, my heart sank, but it's cool, you will pull it back

or we'll have to have words....

Woo hoo well done Rod. Lets have another couple of pounds off after your new regime has had another week to work. Nice one.

Rod the Bass said:
pleasums?

what the hell does that mean??

you on the herbs, Herbal Lou??????????

Lol being around kiddies too long perhaps!!!
Its a lovely evening, I'm well up for doing my run but it will have to be after kids are in bed as hubby cancelled his plans so we can spend a weekend together and is already moaning cos I ditched him and the kids to go on the sun bed for 3 whole minutes :/ so I'll wait til they're in bed tell him to go on his game and off I go. Kick me up the bum if I don't go
Please (ums)

ohhhhh need u guys :( stupid lady crappy time and found out yestertday my husband has been cheating on me :'( and all i want it cake and ice cream and biscuits! have no idea how ive gone from being so positive to feeling so Sh!te!! arrggghhh!!!
been good today have not caved and am on day 5 of no snacking! but im hungry, got no"good" food in n cant leave house as my youngest is poorly!

loolahoop said:
ohhhhh need u guys :( stupid lady crappy time and found out yestertday my husband has been cheating on me :'( and all i want it cake and ice cream and biscuits! have no idea how ive gone from being so positive to feeling so Sh!te!! arrggghhh!!!
been good today have not caved and am on day 5 of no snacking! but im hungry, got no"good" food in n cant leave house as my youngest is poorly!

Oh no that is sooooo sh1te. I'm sorry. But food won't change a thing and right now you need to show that cheating crap hole what your made of. Get a friend to bring you something healthy king prawn and stir fry is quick easy and filling and very low cals and fat. Cake won't change anything, cake will not make you happy, your having a hard time, nothing is going to make you happy right at this moment, only time and taking control.

thanks Lou :) have no friends either (im sad i know!) i have no cake or anything anyway, but there is a garlic baguette in the freezer and some god knows what in em ready meals that MIL gave me ages ago, think i will just have a big mug of (low cal) hot choc so i feel like i have food in my belly lol then go to bed when kids do, cant eat when im alseep! hopefully LO is feeling better in the morning so i can go shopping.
its just the stupid hormonal sugar cravings that are doing my nut in! lol x

loolahoop said:
thanks Lou :) have no friends either (im sad i know!) i have no cake or anything anyway, but there is a garlic baguette in the freezer and some god knows what in em ready meals that MIL gave me ages ago, think i will just have a big mug of (low cal) hot choc so i feel like i have food in my belly lol then go to bed when kids do, cant eat when im alseep! hopefully LO is feeling better in the morning so i can go shopping.
its just the stupid hormonal sugar cravings that are doing my nut in! lol x

Have you eaten at all today? Cos while I'm not in favour of eating crap im not in favour of not eating either.

Just done my first couch to 5k, then did some sit ups and weights on my arms :D

204lbs now, another 3lb off this week :) feeling good. Glad to see some great work paying off for some of you. Have a good week.

Oh Loolahoop, I am really sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. Lou is right, food won't help. When things are crap you need to take care of yourself, and that includes eating properly and getting enough sleep. Hope it works out x

I'm behaving. In Co. Durham camping. About to go for long bike ride with dogs. Yesterday went for walks. Of to Robin hoods bay for a few days tomorrow for more walking and cycling. Following Olympics and reading David Copperfield. Life is sweet!

Back