TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

faery_lights said:
Hi Emma. I was wondering where you have been.

I totally understand that the work situation is stressful but stress eating- for a week?! Why on earth did you do that? What did it really solve? What did it fix? Did it make you feel better? I'd bet good money that the answer to all of that is 'NO'.

You shouldn't have avoided us, you should have come here much, much earlier so that we could get you back on the straight and narrow sooner. I bet your attitude was 'Oh, I've screwed up now, may as well carry on'. Not cool. We all have wobbles and stresses in our lives but it's how you deal with it that matters. You should have been on here after the first wobble, because much as the tough love is TOUGH, we do it because we care and we want you to succeed. We want to help you deal with the stresses in your life in a way that doesn't involve food.

Firstly, you need to come up with a contingency plan for when you are stressed. A new way of dealing with it. You know what's a great stress reliever? Exercise. After a bad day at work, I love coming home and doing a run or heading out for a swim because the endorphins perk me up and it gives me something else to focus on. When you are stressed, I think you should make it your mission to do some exercise instead. This will help you lose weight and feel better. No more stress eating. More stress exercising!! The fact is, if you don't work out new ways to respond to situations that make you eat unnecessarily, you are going to continue to sabotage yourself!

Secondly, have you put on weight? If so, how much and what is your plan of attack for moving onwards and downwards (on the scale!)?

Thirdly, you've come so far Emma and done so well. You need to look at it from that perspective. If you continue to stress eat, you'll end up putting all the weight back on and feeling worse about yourself than you did at the beginning. The fact is that we are doing this to feel positive about ourselves. I get work is stressful but why does that mean you can't eat healthily? Your weight is a seperate issue in your life. Surely having something positive in one area of your life i.e. improving your health and fitness would make you feel better about things overall?

Take a good hard look at how you want to progress from here and how you want to tackle it. You can do it Emma, you just need to find that determination and keep focused. Did you write that letter Smiley suggested from Now You to Future You? I did and it's helped me this week when I've had a couple of wobbly days! I read it whenever I feel my resolve weakening. Maybe that'd help you too.

Hey fl i put on 4lbs but glad to report that after getting my head back on ive had a sneaky wi this morning and ive already lost 2lbs!
I have got a plan now and it involves more exercise me and OH went for a 2 hr bike ride down the canal and ive been out running.
No it didnt make me feel any betta eating the junk but i hav depression and the stress brought back bad habits and also set off my ibs :(
Im feeling more positive now and im not using stress as an excuse i ate the crap and im owning up 2 it!
Also i have stopped snacking to see if it wud help and it has :)
No i havent wrote a letter but only coz i dont know wat to write im not really a letter writing type ov person!

emma_partington27 said:
Hey everyone i have been awol for over a week :( been extremely bad and tbh at the time didnt care been that stressed with work and the thought ov me losing my job that i hav stress eaten! I am here to face up to the consequences and i now know wat i hav dun and over the last 2 days i hav gotten back on it so please dish out the tough love as i deserve it sooo much!!!
I haventbeen on to tell ya all how bad i was doing as i really didnt feel strong enuff to face the tough love but now im back and rearing to go!!!

Emma a whole week of binging is ridiculous, you didn't come and tell us cos you did t want to stop. But now reality has set in and you'll be worried over how much you've gained. Whatever you've gained you'll have to accept, and work even harder to get it off. The exercise suggestion is a good one, and I think perhaps a bit of soul searching, try to
Figure out why yo binge and work on that, do you want to lose any more weight? If not then set your weight now as goal weight and work on maintaining. You have to want to lose weight for it to work and if you don't want to lose weight you'll keep slipping. Figure out what you really want, your goal weight is up to you, where you go from here is up to you.

Still feeling rough from drinking Thursday and Friday, my poor body can't hack it anymore so I'm throwing in the towel for a while. I'm on a booze ban, today I'm on a down day calorie wise- I'm having less than 500 and I'm
Working doing a heavy duty full house clean and have to walk 3 miles each way to get there. I could actually cry thinking about it. Roll on bedtime!!

Ooh just had to share. Bought some work
Trousers as my 16s were falling down and they only had a 12, I'm
Normally a 14 in trousers but they fit! WOOO

Wooo indeed, well done you. I count 12 as being the start of the thin sizes, what a lovely feeling eh? Which shop was that in?

BonnieBooBear said:
Wooo indeed, well done you. I count 12 as being the start of the thin sizes, what a lovely feeling eh? Which shop was that in?

I've been in a 12 dress and top for a while but trousers I always have to get a size bigger. It was in tesco, just their cheapie trousers for work. I've arranged to go running with my friend on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to that and I've worked my cals out today and have had below 500.

Yay! Woke up and weighed and I've lost 3.2lbs this week :D Making me 13st 0lbs exactly and having me hit my August target one week early! :D Hooray! So pleased!

Onwards and downwards to 12st 7lbs now. I was last in the 12s two years ago and only managed it for about a week. The last time before that I was 14! So this is all kind of unchartered territory! Giving myself until October 7th to shift it- that's a pound a week and a week off for my holiday in Japan. :)

Well done FL - that's brilliant news. U should be really proud!! :)

Nice to have some good news from Lou as well this weekend - especially after the wedding!!

I have been really good all weekend to try and make up for my 2lb gain and STS the last couple of weeks. According to MFP if i carry on as i am i will hit target in 5 weeks. Don't want to wait that long but we will see how it goes.

Im going to have a cheeky WI tomorrow morning in the hope that it what's done some good over the weekend.

Morning everyone. I was good this weekend - low calorie days on Saturday and yesterday and I did my exercise DVD and some walking yesterday.

I was hoping to be able to report a pound loss since friday but I can't.............

I can report a 3lb loss!!!!!

No idea how I managed that and i suspect a but of luck as well as careful eating but I'm not complaining. 3lb to go now to target and I'm gonna be bang on it this week so hopefully you will see a happy sparty on Friday. I'm still gonne steer clear of the lounge until I go on holiday - no distractions allowed!!

Morning everyone. I was good this weekend - low calorie days on Saturday and yesterday and I did my exercise DVD and some walking yesterday.

I was hoping to be able to report a pound loss since friday but I can't.............

I can report a 3lb loss!!!!!

No idea how I managed that and i suspect a but of luck as well as careful eating but I'm not complaining. 3lb to go now to target and I'm gonna be bang on it this week so hopefully you will see a happy sparty on Friday. I'm still gonne steer clear of the lounge until I go on holiday - no distractions allowed!!

hate to say I told you so - but I called this on Friday! see post 2432

do I have a crystal ball?

nope

I just know that walking the line works, so you get the reward in spades there, congratulations!!!

Brilliant!

I've put 1lb on over the weekend ????

I dunno where that came from

I'd happily own it, but have no idea why it's happened, I am the most miserly of weekend misery-guts and this weekend was no exception

So thats a great start to the week!

No-one said it was gonna be easy, but cracking this hovering around 16st - 15-11 is a major trial

time to put the thinking cap on again....

hate to say I told you so - but I called this on Friday! see post 2432

do I have a crystal ball?

nope

I just know that walking the line works, so you get the reward in spades there, congratulations!!!

Brilliant!

You can say 'I told you so' as much as you like chief - you were right. Can you please call another loss for me this week??? ;)

Hey everyone i have been awol for over a week :( been extremely bad and tbh at the time didnt care been that stressed with work and the thought ov me losing my job that i hav stress eaten! I am here to face up to the consequences and i now know wat i hav dun and over the last 2 days i hav gotten back on it so please dish out the tough love as i deserve it sooo much!!!
I haventbeen on to tell ya all how bad i was doing as i really didnt feel strong enuff to face the tough love but now im back and rearing to go!!!
Right, you ready for tough?

Sorry to pile on the stress, but let's just imagine the worst happens with your job. Well, guess what - overweight people are 12% less likely to find new work within the first six months of unemployment. And that's mostly down to discrimination - nobody wants to employ a fatty, no matter what the skills and experience, when the skinny blonde just out of school comes to the interview in a miniskirt.

So think ahead to that job interview that you might have to have. Do you want to breeze through the door in a nice dress, sit down and chat about all your new active hobbies (you'd be amazed how often having a sport or hobby in common with the interviewer will give you the edge) and how hard you worked to get yourself from fat to thin?

Or do you want to be sat waiting in line, desperately trying to sauce stain that dribbled out of your big mac off your "only one that fitted" blouse, watching the skinny ditzy cow next to you getting ready to flutter her eyelashes and flash her thighs?

You can have either of those futures, it's up to you.

I've put 1lb on over the weekend ????

I dunno where that came from

I'd happily own it, but have no idea why it's happened, I am the most miserly of weekend misery-guts and this weekend was no exception

So thats a great start to the week!

No-one said it was gonna be easy, but cracking this hovering around 16st - 15-11 is a major trial

time to put the thinking cap on again....

Were you fishing this weekend Rod? Did your food sway at all? Are you drinking enough water? I know you walk the walk so it is unlikely that you have done anything over the weekend to make this happen, but maybe just have a think back over your week just in case??

I would still continue to cut your portions down if I was you for this week and carry on going on your stepper.

Who was it last week who gained for no reason? I'll say the same as I said to them, re weigh in 3 days, drink plenty of water, if your struggling with the loo take extra fibre in, do more exercise and re assess if there's still a gain in 3 days. Chances are its temporary bloat or water. It's sh1t but it happens to us all. Maybe limit your weigh ins to once a week? You e lost a tremendous amount very quickly, try not to focus on the scales too much, so long as you know your not cheating or doing anything you shouldn't you need to relax, plateaus, gains little losses happen to us all it's just life. You'll be fine and I bet by Friday it's gone.

Back