TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

loolahoop said:
nope i deffo havent strayed been sooo good this week!! i so wanted a 2lb loss so am being mega good! i do usually WI on a tuesday at 7.30pm at group, so i am hoping for dodgy scales as no its not lady fun week either lol im gonna just try n resist until tues (or if cant manage to resist then ignore results lol) and see what group scales say and WI at home jst before i leave so i know the difference if any!
also soooo sorry for the TMI, but does erm, not going to the toilet very often effect the scales? lol although im still not hoping by 4lb as 2 of my kids only weighed 1lb more than that!! haha
well no matter what these scales say im still gonna do what i can to get a 2lb loss this week!! :)

wow they r some dodgy scales lou!! lol where do u "officially" weigh? x

Boots. And no
More than twice a week or I get obsessed lol

OK, been doing some calculations for you. Presenting the Smiley Super Simple Science anti-Sabotage plan!

First the science facts. Your body can store up to 2000 calories of glycogen at any one time, mostly in the muscles and a bit in the liver. Glycogen is great, because it isn't fat, it's just a pure carbohydrate energy store. It's used during exercise to give your muscles instant energy when they need it. Aerobic exercise at about 50% intensity will burn through it, and it's replaced by carbohydrates from the diet.

So if you know you are going to have a potential diet-sabotaging meal, do the following:

1) For the day leading up to the meal, you need to do two things. First, eat a very low calorie diet, as low-carb as you can manage. Second, you need to burn all of the glycogen out of your system by doing about 2000 calories of medium intensity aerobic exercise. A one-hour BRISK walk should do the trick.
2) You have now 'prepared' your body for the meal. You've got 2000 calories worth of carbohydrate storage saved up, so just enjoy yourself.
3) If you have another meal the next day, do the same thing.
4) When you have successfully survived the meals, you just need to 'reset' your body back to dieting, so make sure you exercise slightly more than usual on the first day afterwards.

You won't lose weight this way (because calories in > calories out) but you will at least prevent all those extra calories from going straight into fat.

Hello peeps!
Back from 2 weeks in Alsace. It's taken me ages to read all the messages - there have been some serious ups and downs - but it looks like you're all coming out of it the right way with losses so congratulations to all you losers!

Well, I put on 1kg - thought it would be more as I decided to just enjoy the meals and not worry. They have no concept of "light" there - meat, cheese, cakes..... plus it's a fabulous wine-growing region so couldn't let that go by without some serious tasting hahaha.

Am back on track. Hopefully I'll be back to normal next Thursday.
The sea here is nippy so I've got a shorty wetsuit for 20 Euros and tried it out this am with a friend. After much rubbery snapping and pinging, we did 50 minutes swimming and walking in deep water. Will do that again tomorrow. It's too hot at the moment to do any speed walking......

Hey Loolahoop, you know that you should NEVER compare weights on scales. One set of scales only for accurate measurement. Have you done anything to deserve a weight gain??? Thought not - is it * week - anything else - have you eaten a whole chocolate cake in one sitting??? Perspective girl - although can imagine - been there - how seeing that, even when you KNOW it is wrong can be disheartening. Do you intend to continue using the scales you have bought cos if so you may just have to adjust what you know and accept that these scales will show a higher weight - but still on a downwards path. Or stop using them and use only the ones you normally weigh on.

How am I doing on the TL cos I am still practicing and don't want to go OTT?? Would appreciate feedback. Thanks

Fluff

thanks for that fluff :) nope no choc cake here..not even in 10 sittings lol, i had a fairy cake my daughter made me, but had that within my syns, havent done anything to deserve a weight gain so hoping its either dodgy scales, an unlevel floor or just what ive eaten/drank today...or a combo of all the above! and i think ur doing great on th TL :) braver than me, still dont feel like i can dish it out just yet :)

welcome home patchninja - loving the wetsuit idea. how brilliant is that?! You will burn lots of cals against the strength of the water. good work getting back on track!

fluff you are doing great. its more important for you to walk the line yourself first so make sure you dont let that slip while dishing TL out to everyone. as long as you are on track, you are entitled to dish it out and i havent seen anything that you have posted that wasnt deserved!

Hello everyone, Hope you dont mind me jumping in here and tagging along. tough love sounds good. I have done slimming world before, but since having my twins 6months ago iv decided that enoughs enough and have severly kicked my self up the backside and gone to class for weekly weigh ins. my 1st weigh in was the hardest being told that i was actually as heavy as that and it wasnt my scales :sigh: but after one week of sticking 100% and not going over 5syns in ANY day i lost 8lbs at week one. and i didnt even go to the gym. ( who has time with two babies and a 3 year old)

This huge loss has spurred me on and made me think i can do this. I want to loose 70 pounds by next march. That works out to be about 11lbs a month- easily done when ive lost 8lb in my first week. I want this, I know I can do it, I know it will be hard along the journey but as I am 100% committed I WILL succeed. If I can lose it quicker then even better.

So, Am I in?

You are totally in......welcome :)

Have a read around and get a feel for the rules and how we are all doing.

Tell us a bit more about what bits you struggle with/find hard to stick to!

thanks-

Ive had a read of a few pages. ive reread the opening post too. I love sweet things, so im eating alot of fruit and muller lights to sustitute that, but i die for a bag of crisps. I know its a slippery slope so im NOT allowing my self any other than 28gm of pretzels (4.5syns) if i feel i Really need some. whuch has happened once, but only because my husband was munching of some dorritos in front of the tv last weekend.

My hubbys in the army and away alot, I love cooking up meals and he loves what every I cook and enjoys the SW meals too. only problem is I dont like cooking meals just for me when hes not here as most of it goes to waste, so I end up eating the same stuff, salad, ommlette, chicken, jacket potatoes etc. yet when hes home Im always seeking out new meals to try.

I really want to lose this weight once and forall, and i dont Plan on ever finding it again. Hes away soon and returns in march and id love to have it all gone by then

My hubbys in the army and away alot, I love cooking up meals and he loves what every I cook and enjoys the SW meals too. only problem is I dont like cooking meals just for me when hes not here as most of it goes to waste, so I end up eating the same stuff, salad, ommlette, chicken, jacket potatoes etc. yet when hes home Im always seeking out new meals to try.

Simple solution, buy a bunch of disposable plates, trays, freezer bags etc. Cook up a meal for four, dish up four platefuls and put three in the freezer. Hey presto, home-made ready meals, and best of all, you know exactly what went in them and they'll cost a fraction of a shop-bought ready meal.

Simple solution, buy a bunch of disposable plates, trays, freezer bags etc. Cook up a meal for four, dish up four platefuls and put three in the freezer. Hey presto, home-made ready meals, and best of all, you know exactly what went in them and they'll cost a fraction of a shop-bought ready meal.
was also going to suggest this!!

well im off out tonight (my little sisters bday, she coming up from essex)! and i will NOT be coming in here in the mornign with my tail between my legs expecting a verbal beating, but i will stroll in head held high for i WILL NOT go over my syns, im not flexi-synning either, i have my daily syns and i will use those for a few alcoholic drinks and alternate them with non alcoholic ones! well this is my plan..and i want 2lb off this week sooo badly so i am not going to do anything to jeopardise that, and if i dont manage it then so be it, but at least i will know it wasnt because i slipped up somewhere :)

also...smiley! i've been doing this whole no snacking thing, not had a prob...until today! i started shaking and felt like i was gonna faint, this used to happen a lot and would usually go for a banana or something, but i dont wana mess up my snacking ban (as i really feel its helping)..is this normal? i wont ACTUALLY faint will i? just coz being on my own all day with 4 young kids, last thing i wana do is keel over lol!

Even if you didn't eat at all, your body has enough stored energy for about 36 hours before you'd feel ill effects. However, if you're body is used to being fed every two hours when you are awake, then it will take a bit of getting used to just remember that you are the boss!

My guess would be low blood pressure brought on by a lack of hydration. A huge amount of food is water, and if you eat less you need to drink more. If it happens a lot, and you're drinking plenty, then go see your doctor.

Just remember that the very concept of snacking was invented in the 70s by the sweets companies wanting to make more money. Humanity made it through the first 30,000 years without Mars bars!

Personally, I frame my whole diet as a battle between me and evil food megacorporations - once you have an enemy to fight it makes being strong easier. The only downside is people giving you funny looks when you shout "Evil *******s!" at the telly when the food adverts come on!!!

And "breakfast is the most important meal" was the cereal companies!!!

Even if you didn't eat at all, your body has enough stored energy for about 36 hours before you'd feel ill effects. However, if you're body is used to being fed every two hours when you are awake, then it will take a bit of getting used to just remember that you are the boss!

My guess would be low blood pressure brought on by a lack of hydration. A huge amount of food is water, and if you eat less you need to drink more. If it happens a lot, and you're drinking plenty, then go see your doctor.

Just remember that the very concept of snacking was invented in the 70s by the sweets companies wanting to make more money. Humanity made it through the first 30,000 years without Mars bars!

Personally, I frame my whole diet as a battle between me and evil food megacorporations - once you have an enemy to fight it makes being strong easier. The only downside is people giving you funny looks when you shout "Evil *******s!" at the telly when the food adverts come on!!!

ooh my pet hate is food ads, i hate it...its like brain washing

tomorrow i have my low cal day to do and im going to give the house a full clean for my exercise.

dude ur like a genius hahaha! i dont drink enough! even when i was eating more i didnt drink enough! and yeh suffer with Low BP too...kinda makes sense n i feel stupid now haha! i do keep log of my water consumption in my food diary to make sure i drink enough, b ut i dont think i've made it past 1500ml a day so far this week!

and i know this prob belongs in the chit chat bit...which i am yet to find, but have u seen the youtube clip of the 4 year old macdonalds? omg put me off for life!! and i swear my kids will NEVER eat there again! x

faery_lights said:
Woah! You are definitely in the right place!

Firstly, 49 syns is just... wow. Insane. Why did you do it? What did it achieve?! Nothing probably, except a gain on the scales which will make you feel worse and more stressed.

Tough Love is about admitting that only YOU are responsible for.what goes in your mouth. You were stressed but you used that as an excuse to eat badly. You made the decision, not your stress.

I will also admit to being an emotional eater but I am working hard to develop other ways of coping! Exercise is a Big part of this and drinking water whenever I am 'hungry' between meals. You need to develop different methods too

Finally, welcome. I am sorry if I sound a bit harsh but.I am just being honest. Tough Love is all about honesty. Be honest when you succeed and slip up and we'll be with you to cheer you on and keep you on the straight and narrow! :)

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Oh thanks yeah I need some tough love !! Don't well today hoping my 49 syns doesn't mess up my weigh in !!!

Thanks look forward to sharing my journey x

conlou1 said:
Welcome to our small but successful corner of minis

So your doing Sw? If you have a week where your 100% do you still lose? I can't see your stats on my phone how much do you have to lose? How much have you lost? When did you start? What's your goal
And when?

Firstly cut out ALL snacks, you can't control yourself at the minute so don't make it an option, secondly get rid of all the rubbish you shouldn't eat, thirdly sit and write A WHOLE WEEK of meal plans out, shop for everything you need and stick to it. Be strict with yourself straying isn't an option....that will be your plan for the week and you cant have anything else. It's just one week.

Hi hun yeah doing slimming world yeah normally loose on a 100% week
I have about a stone and a half to loose I have already lost 1 stone 5 but have been yoyo ing had lost as much as 3 stone but gained some back so trying to get it off and keep it off x
Would like to be at Target by Christmas if possible actually if I pulled my fingers out off my bum I can get there by then !!
It's food shopping day so will sort out a food diary for the week and plan it all before the supermarket tomorrow x

Thanks for the advice x

SmileyMan said:
Hi babybuffy, and welcome to the TL thread.

First up, go read the rules. You need a date for that goal.

Now, as a former McD's addict, I know how you feel. You've sat in the drive thru queue for five minutes, and instead of just ordering up a small meal (which is all your body needs in terms of calories) you have a large meal. And why not just add a double cheeseburger as an appetiser eh? Hmm, those onion rings look tasty. But they only put a few in the packet - let's have two packs, eh. And that's an awful lot of savoury stuff, isn't it - let's have a McFlurry for a little pud. After all, sweet calories satisfy a different part of the appetite, don't they.

Like I said, that used to be me. And I got up to a BMI of 49, where I stopped being able to walk properly - I could only waddle. It was disgusting. Is that what you want for yourself?

There's no such thing as 'comfort eating' - you are a food addict. Think about it - how can it possibly be 'comfortable' to shove fistfuls of food into your mouth? There are things that you can do to break that addiction, but you have to have real willpower. Throwing yourself headlong into another diet is NOT going to work unless you get in the habit of planning ahead and avoiding those moments. There are things you can do, but getting mentally tough is the cornerstone.

Easy changes to make:

1) As others have pointed out, plan meals ahead, and stick to the plan. Count your calories, points, syns, whatever and DON'T LIE. It's only yourself you're lying to.
2) Stop snacking. I've done a few posts in the thread on this, but the basic point is this - if you eat between meals, your body cannot use its stored fat as an energy source. So you will never lose it. Three meals a day, and water inbetween.
3) Avoid processed food as much as possible. Be wary of the words "syrup", "starch" or "modified" and anything ending in "-ose". You don't have to do the whole 'paleo' diet, but the basic principle of only putting in your body things that are recognisably food is simple to follow and sound advice.
4) It's a simple trick, but leave your money at home when you can. If you go to work, take a packed lunch and enough change for the bus/train/whatever. If you don't have your purse, you can't buy a McDonalds.

Looking forward to hearing about your successes.

Hi thanks for the reply !!

My plan is target by Christmas !!
Thanks for all the advice today have not swayed from the plan have counted everything
I always take a packed lunch to work as I work 12/13 hour shifts so either 2 or 3 meals a day at work so always try and plan a day ahead !!

Hi hun yeah doing slimming world yeah normally loose on a 100% week
I have about a stone and a half to loose I have already lost 1 stone 5 but have been yoyo ing had lost as much as 3 stone but gained some back so trying to get it off and keep it off x
Would like to be at Target by Christmas if possible actually if I pulled my fingers out off my bum I can get there by then !!
It's food shopping day so will sort out a food diary for the week and plan it all before the supermarket tomorrow x

Thanks for the advice x

ok im on the lappy now, you need to update your stats, set that goal, i have a stone and 2 to lose by 15th december (im a bridesmaid and have ordered a size 10 dress which cant be changed lol) so were not too far apart from where we want to be...fancy jumping on board with me? set that goal, thats rule number one here....even if you think its too far away, just set a goal..an end point thats do-able....its 16 weeks to my end point which is a pound a week, i can do that easily so long as i keep on this track im on....you need to be hitting a bit more than a pound a week not much but a few 2 pounders thrown in will get you there....next week if you commit 100% i bet you could have your first 2 pounder in the bag. you with me?

Back