TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

sparty said:
AWOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!! get in there Lou! Yay! So pleased for you.

I tried to post this morning but not sure it worked - i kept off one of the 2 lbs that had come off on monday. So although it was only 1lb and not 2lb i am Pleased with a loss. Only 2lb to go so still happy and looking forward to my holiday now :)

Well done !!

firstly, well done for your weight loss :)

secondly- just a quickie, got the girls coming round tonight and theyve chosen indian as the take away, whats the best thing i could eat with the least syns., obviously boiled rice, a side salad ( ill do that my self) and what main? or would i be better off ordering a starter as the main IE shish kebab or tandoori chicken chunks? thanks

The syn values are : extra easy, then red, then green. What plan are you following today?

Indian restaurants/
takeaways
Average portion
Beef Madras,
per serving 11.0 11.0 24.0
Bombay Potatoes,
per serving 7.0 16.0 7.0
Chapati,
ave rage each 7.5 7.5 7.5
Chicken Bhuna,
per serving 11.0 11.0 22.0
Chicken Biryani,
per serving 12.5 18.0 12.5
Chicken Curry,
per serving 11.5 11.5 23.5
Chicken Dhansak,
per serving 6.5 6.5 18.5
Chicken Jalfrezi,
per serving 8.5 8.5 18.5
Chicken Kashmiri,
per serving 9.5 9.5 21.5
Chicken Korma,
per serving 16.5 16.5 30.0
Chicken Makhani,
per serving 16.5 16.5 30.0
Chicken Pasanda,
per serving 20.0 20.0 33.5
Chicken Saag,
per serving 11.0 11.0 23.0
Chicken Tandoori,
per serving 9.0 9.0 21.0
Chicken Tikka
Balt i, per serving 11.5 11.5 25.5
Chicken
Tikka Masala,
per serving 14.5 14.5 26.5
Chicken Vindaloo,
per serving 8.0 8.0 20.0
Chickpea Dhal,
per serving 5.0 27.0 5.0
Cucumber Raita,
1 le vel tbsp 1.0 1.0 1.0
Gobi Aloo Saag,
per serving 11.0 14.5 11.0
Lamb Bhuna,
per serving 12.0 12.0 29.0
Lamb Biryani,
per serving 20.5 20.5 20.5
Lamb Pasanda,
per serving 21.5 21.5 39.0
Lamb Rogan
Josh , per serving 6.5 6.5 23.5
Lime Pickle,
1 le vel tbsp 1.5 1.5 1.5
Mango Chutney,
1 le vel tbsp 2.0 2.0 2.0
Naan Bread,
Peshwari,
ave rage each 25.0 25.0 25.0
Plai n, average each 20.0 20.0 20.0
Onion Bhaji, average
each 8.5 8.5 8.5
Onion Sambal,
1 le vel tbsp 0.5 0.5 0.5
Paratha,
ave rage each 12.0 12.0 12.0
Poppadoms, average
each 4.0 4.0 4.0
Prawn Bhuna,
per serving 10.0 10.0 17.5
Prawn Biryani,
per serving 15.0 22.5 15.0
Rice, pilau,
per serving 2.5 14.0 2.5
plai n, per serving FREE 20.0 FREE
Samosas,
mea t, 2 small 12.5 12.5 12.5
veg etable, 2 small 7.5 7.5 7.5
Vegetable Biryani,
per serving 11.5 21.0 11.5
Vegetable Curry, per
serv ing 9.0 12.5 9.0
Vegetable Jalfrezi,
per serving 7.5 7.5 7.5
Vegetable Korma,
per serving 15.0 19.0 15.0

No good for tonight, but there is a fabulous SW curry recipe book that perhaps the next time, you can get your mates round for a cook-in! Be a lot cheaper than a take-away too. Personally, I'd skip the indian take-away - all those syns eeek! Not worth it.

Oh gosh! iv been super good all week too, and ive only had 2 syns today so far. im going to have a dry clay baked tadoori chicken or a shashlick i think. not going for the cury option, although a rogan josh seems the best option if i were.

thanks for all the info, Im on extra easy

Finally managed to get an internet connection! BOOM - 1lb off at this morning's WI, so hovering on the brink of goal. My next loss will get me there. Woo Hoo. Already anticipating this will be the longest 1lb off in my entire weight loss journey! :)

Hey all, said it on MFP but well done Lou, amazing loss.

Fat meal weekend update: got dates mixed up, so alco landlady and pies/profiteroles clashed! So had to do the latter as organised that ages ago. At least that was one potential disaster averted! Pies/profiteroles was a bit of a disaster - only had one glass of red as was driving, but unfortunately my (sparty's) best laid plans went to sh**t. However, I have been for a 9 mile run today (1002 cals according to mapmyrun) and only ate 800 calories (smiley I have just read your post about exercise the day before - doh!) so I am hoping that if nothing else, I may have put on yesterday, but lost today and evened out overall! So just have to get through the in laws roast dinner tomorrow, feeling much more sane about it and will pick the sensible stuff. Also feel much more back in control after the run, was loosing the plot yesterday so thank you for all of your support.

Hello everyone, Hope you dont mind me jumping in here and tagging along. tough love sounds good. I have done slimming world before, but since having my twins 6months ago iv decided that enoughs enough and have severly kicked my self up the backside and gone to class for weekly weigh ins. my 1st weigh in was the hardest being told that i was actually as heavy as that and it wasnt my scales :sigh: but after one week of sticking 100% and not going over 5syns in ANY day i lost 8lbs at week one. and i didnt even go to the gym. ( who has time with two babies and a 3 year old)

This huge loss has spurred me on and made me think i can do this. I want to loose 70 pounds by next march. That works out to be about 11lbs a month- easily done when ive lost 8lb in my first week. I want this, I know I can do it, I know it will be hard along the journey but as I am 100% committed I WILL succeed. If I can lose it quicker then even better.

So, Am I in?

Simple solution, buy a bunch of disposable plates, trays, freezer bags etc. Cook up a meal for four, dish up four platefuls and put three in the freezer. Hey presto, home-made ready meals, and best of all, you know exactly what went in them and they'll cost a fraction of a shop-bought ready meal.

I live alone and this is what I do. I freeze a lot and eat a lot of leftovers for lunch. On busy evenings it saves me cooking too. It's awesome. Also, I LOVEE cooking for myself and finding new recipes. I'm a bit obsessed with this Beef Stroganoff recipe I've found which works out to something like 280 cals per serving. It's delicious. :D

Even if you didn't eat at all, your body has enough stored energy for about 36 hours before you'd feel ill effects. However, if you're body is used to being fed every two hours when you are awake, then it will take a bit of getting used to just remember that you are the boss!

My guess would be low blood pressure brought on by a lack of hydration. A huge amount of food is water, and if you eat less you need to drink more. If it happens a lot, and you're drinking plenty, then go see your doctor.

Just remember that the very concept of snacking was invented in the 70s by the sweets companies wanting to make more money. Humanity made it through the first 30,000 years without Mars bars!

Personally, I frame my whole diet as a battle between me and evil food megacorporations - once you have an enemy to fight it makes being strong easier. The only downside is people giving you funny looks when you shout "Evil *******s!" at the telly when the food adverts come on!!!

I have this issue sometimes too. It's always on a Monday Morning, just before lunch. I have lowish BP too and I think after a weekend (where I drink less than normal) and since it's a few hours from breakfast, my BP and Blood sugar drop and I get hot and sweaty and faint. This is particularly unhelpful when you're stood in front of 30 kids. I try to drink 2 litres of water everyday now to try and stop this!

Next, well done Lou and CL Sue! Great job ladies! You're doing well. I really hope this is the start of awesome things Lou and the end of your plateau :D And don't worry Sue, you can totally do this.

I haven't posted a lot this week as I've been having a lot of stuff going on in my head. I've had fairly constant cravings for sweet foods and I've gone over my calories a couple of times- never by anything major, but still, it was over. I feel like I've got a bit obsessed with food at the moment. It's one of the major things I think about and I don't think that's healthy. I know it's all psychological but still, it's frustrating trying to battle your head. I've still done all my exercise this week though and a peek at the scales is showing a loss.

I've decided to try Slimpoding- I am firstly trying the Slimpod to help beat the sweet tooth as I feel that is one of my major problems. I'm supposed to stick with it for 3-6 weeks and see what happens. I don't feel ready to try their weightloss ones as it involves not really dieting and I don't feel enough in control to do that right now, but it's something I may consider for the future, as I know most of my 'fat' issues are more to do with me having an unhealthy relationship with food. I'll let you know how the sweet tooth one works out. I really hope it works as 99% of my snack cravings are for things like chocolate bars and biscuits and very seldom for anything savoury. :)

Ok
Impromptu night out. Pissd and had a bit of junk food thus wil be rectified next week. On the up
Side I met a celeb, Suzanne from hearsay and emmerdale and she took an interest in my weight loss group on Facebook. Woo. And I had a great bloody night. Not laughed that much in ages.

This made me giggle. :D I actually went out and had a few bevvies last night for the first time in ages. I had Korean Rice Wine with some Lemonade (It's pretty delish). I had to use all my exercise calories from yesterday to do it but it felt really good to be in control, just have 3 drinks, and still have fun.

So my message Lou is that, pure and simple, I'm glad you had a good time ;) (See what I did there?!)

I've decided to try Slimpoding- I am firstly trying the Slimpod to help beat the sweet tooth as I feel that is one of my major problems. I'm supposed to stick with it for 3-6 weeks and see what happens. I don't feel ready to try their weightloss ones as it involves not really dieting and I don't feel enough in control to do that right now, but it's something I may consider for the future, as I know most of my 'fat' issues are more to do with me having an unhealthy relationship with food. I'll let you know how the sweet tooth one works out. I really hope it works as 99% of my snack cravings are for things like chocolate bars and biscuits and very seldom for anything savoury. :)
What is slimpoding? ive not heard of that, is it part od SW or something different all together?Well we did have a curry, i say "we" my firned also on SW "treated herself" as she said shes had no syns but i saw all the ketchup and mayo she but on her chips (not sw) and keiv at lunch time! and then for dinner she had butter chicken curry, friend rice, naan, chips and 2 popadums :O i tried to tell her the sys but she wasnt having none of it, you can only help yourself i suppose and will stick to it IF you really wanted to.I had clay baked tandoori chicken with a large salad and one spoon of mint yog ( i asked for the Fat free yog ) he said what diet you on and i said SW and he said we can make you diet curries too, great to know for the future but not this time. So I was really happy that i still enjoyed a curry with friends but was good.

Dana that is brilliant! Well done for having so much control last night even though your friend went off plan. That's what TL is all about!! Great job x

thank you, and i feel so much better for it, getting up this morning and not feeling bad for slipping :)

faery_lights said:
This made me giggle. :D I actually went out and had a few bevvies last night for the first time in ages. I had Korean Rice Wine with some Lemonade (It's pretty delish). I had to use all my exercise calories from yesterday to do it but it felt really good to be in control, just have 3 drinks, and still have fun.

So my message Lou is that, pure and simple, I'm glad you had a good time ;) (See what I did there?!)

Hahaha. I don't even have a hangover today either which is fab as I was quite drunk lol. Decided to have a whiskeyed up coffee while waiting for the taxi....bad idea!!! I was wide awake all night. I'm knackered now!

@danadee "What is slimpoding? ive not heard of that, is it part od SW or something different all together?"

Not specifically to do with SW. I found them helpful as they changed something in my mindset, and 'the lovely Trevor' is great to listen to! Check out

Slimpod

@danadee "What is slimpoding? ive not heard of that, is it part od SW or something different all together?"

Not specifically to do with SW. I found them helpful as they changed something in my mindset, and 'the lovely Trevor' is great to listen to! Check out

Slimpod

Precisely. They are recordings which are supposed to be able to change your behaviour by tapping in to your unconcious mind. It might sound a little far-fetched but I had great results with something simiilar for anxiety a couple of years ago so I am definitely open to give them a shot :)

I lost 1.2lbs this week which means I have lost 2 stone, 0.6lbs. Hooray! :D

Finally managed to get an internet connection! BOOM - 1lb off at this morning's WI, so hovering on the brink of goal. My next loss will get me there. Woo Hoo. Already anticipating this will be the longest 1lb off in my entire weight loss journey! :)

Well done Sue - good luck with the last 1lb. With everything you have already done you will do this - and then comes the challenge of maintaining, which is a new journey and one which you have been preparing for all the way through.

Fluff

Back