TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I lost 1.2lbs this week which means I have lost 2 stone, 0.6lbs. Hooray! :D

well done!!!

i was a bit rubbish this weekend, i ended up going to my cousins 30th party, then we went into town, was a brilliant night and i dont regret it, but yesterday i was soooo tired and hungry and there was no way i could do a DD of 400 cals, so i had another UD, i also didnt go for my run cos it was terrenchal rain. so a bit of a rubbish diet weekend. on a DD today and hungry already lol, tomorrow im off for my run and im going to limit cals more on UD the rest of the week, i did 3 DD last week and thats all most people do so ive not ruined anything, i just should have had a DD yesterday...but it doesnt really matter so long as i squeeze in 3 DD and some exercise between now and saturday..so today DD, wed DD, friday DD, and running tuesday, thursday and saturday, as well as the full house clean i have to do on friday. ill be weighing in on saturday this week due to work.

Well had a lovely day Saturday at Birmingham Festival of Quilts - our quilt - one we made at class - was in show as well. Managed packed lunch and even had some left. Took vegetable frittata and pasta salad with loads of veg crudites and cherry toms. A couple of plums for if I needed a sweet fix and a hi fi bar which I didn't touch. Bottle of water and had a couple of drinks of tea from the stands, don't take sugar so all in all felt quite good about it.

Aqua zumba or zumba gold on Tuesday, haven't made up my mind which yet.

WI on Thursday, last of my countdown and then off on holiday to Somerset on Friday. Self catering so there is my next challenge!!LOL

Fluff:)

Forgive me Bassers, for I have sinned. After breaking even calorie wise on Saturday, yesterday was a disaster. Massive BBQ and HALF A FRIGGING DOMINOES!

Now it hasn't been a good week really - although I have been OK most days with my calories (execept yesterday) I have done something this week that I hadn't done before since I started my 'journey'. That was to allow sweet things to creep in - I think perhaps because I have been counting calories and not following SW to the letter - I thought 'oh well, a chocolate cornflake cake is only 68 cals so I can have it and miss out something later on...' Well of course it has had a knock on effect - probably water retention from the sugar, and from wanting more of it, and a general LACK OF CONTROL which made me think 'oh stuff it then' when the dominoes started being passed around last night.

I have to feel in control, otherwise the whole thing goes to pot. Lesson learned. So it is back on it today - tempted to starve to compensate but this feels like a bad idea. Just back on the straight and narrow, 1200 cals a day, nice long run tonight but more to the point no more sweet things at work - the last 5 days it has been a birthday etc and the kitchen is full of cakes. So it is all or nothing for me from now on and I am choosing nothing. I will get back on track, had a dark night last night of regret and feeling a bit lost about it all - much more level headed this morning and it is a return to business as usual.

Forgive me Bassers, for I have sinned. After breaking even calorie wise on Saturday, yesterday was a disaster. Massive BBQ and HALF A FRIGGING DOMINOES!

Now it hasn't been a good week really - although I have been OK most days with my calories (execept yesterday) I have done something this week that I hadn't done before since I started my 'journey'. That was to allow sweet things to creep in - I think perhaps because I have been counting calories and not following SW to the letter - I thought 'oh well, a chocolate cornflake cake is only 68 cals so I can have it and miss out something later on...' Well of course it has had a knock on effect - probably water retention from the sugar, and from wanting more of it, and a general LACK OF CONTROL which made me think 'oh stuff it then' when the dominoes started being passed around last night.

I have to feel in control, otherwise the whole thing goes to pot. Lesson learned. So it is back on it today - tempted to starve to compensate but this feels like a bad idea. Just back on the straight and narrow, 1200 cals a day, nice long run tonight but more to the point no more sweet things at work - the last 5 days it has been a birthday etc and the kitchen is full of cakes. So it is all or nothing for me from now on and I am choosing nothing. I will get back on track, had a dark night last night of regret and feeling a bit lost about it all - much more level headed this morning and it is a return to business as usual.

oh dear bonnie, you was meant to be keeping an eye on me!!! another man down! that leaves just sparty to dish out the TL!! right, tbh having a very very low cal day wont kill you, this is the crux of the diet im doing, and im still alive, im still here and i lost 3 pound in 3 days, if youve had dominoes and chocolate yesterday, why dont you have 500 cals today? then tomorrow go back to your usual plan? i really like the 500/2000 cal alternate days that i do, it sounds hard but it gives me the control i need, i can have ihgher cals on alternate days, so long as i have some DD in there, and the fact i exercise helps even more. im not saying do this diet but if you feel out of control perhaps a day of very low cals will give you the control back, make you feel better in yourself cos you know you dont NEED to eat loads of cals and will give you a confidence boost.

well am quite proud of myself :) had a good weekend :) went out friday night, had a few drinks, biut stayed within syns and under 1200 cals :) had a bbq sat, didnt count cals as weighing etc was not practical but stayed on plan and within syns, and then on plan yesterday too! not convinced ive lost my hopeful 2lb this week :( but WI tomorrow so will find out. hope u all had a good weekend :)

oh dear bonnie! dominos?! lol havent touched one since starting SW...u can small the cals in it!! lol what lou is suggesting makes sense :) worth a go eh!? can only do more good than harm :) xxx

well done!!!

i was a bit rubbish this weekend, i ended up going to my cousins 30th party, then we went into town, was a brilliant night and i dont regret it, but yesterday i was soooo tired and hungry and there was no way i could do a DD of 400 cals, so i had another UD, i also didnt go for my run cos it was terrenchal rain. so a bit of a rubbish diet weekend. on a DD today and hungry already lol, tomorrow im off for my run and im going to limit cals more on UD the rest of the week, i did 3 DD last week and thats all most people do so ive not ruined anything, i just should have had a DD yesterday...but it doesnt really matter so long as i squeeze in 3 DD and some exercise between now and saturday..so today DD, wed DD, friday DD, and running tuesday, thursday and saturday, as well as the full house clean i have to do on friday. ill be weighing in on saturday this week due to work.
u say u had a rubbish weekend diet wise but u sound ike u have it all on the right track with ur number of DD etc and u had a brilliant night without regret which i think is good thing too! as said many times before we still need to live lives!! and u have ur week planned out n back on it so no harm done! :) well done :)

I like the theory of it Lou and Loola, but think that the way I feel at the moment (especially as it is the run up to lady fun time so have cravings) it would be a bit dangerous to start changing things and feel deprived. I am a bit like a ship that has had a masive wave hit it - I need to just go back to an even keel again and keep ploughing through it.

Gonna make a nice dinner of white fish with some lf philli and caper sauce and some veggies and go for a run and just calm it all down a bit.

well am quite proud of myself :) had a good weekend :) went out friday night, had a few drinks, biut stayed within syns and under 1200 cals :) had a bbq sat, didnt count cals as weighing etc was not practical but stayed on plan and within syns, and then on plan yesterday too! not convinced ive lost my hopeful 2lb this week :( but WI tomorrow so will find out. hope u all had a good weekend :)

Well done Loola, slow and steady and sensible does win the race in the end. Good for you for being one of the only bassers who didn't go mental this weekend! What would Rod say eh?

I like the theory of it Lou and Loola, but think that the way I feel at the moment (especially as it is the run up to lady fun time so have cravings) it would be a bit dangerous to start changing things and feel deprived. I am a bit like a ship that has had a masive wave hit it - I need to just go back to an even keel again and keep ploughing through it.

Gonna make a nice dinner of white fish with some lf philli and caper sauce and some veggies and go for a run and just calm it all down a bit.

its upto you, its your diet at the end of the day and we all do different diets for a reason, cos were different people. its lady fun time for me too soon, but i am still going to have 500 cals 3 times a week, it will be hard but i control what goes in my mouth so i cant blame anything on that, its just the cravings are stronger and ill be hungrier.....ho hum, ill get over it, it will pass. you have options, if you feel out of control then take it back, in whatever way you want...if you choose to pick up where you left off without making allowances and cutting back chances are youll have lessened a loss or possibly have a sts or gain, however, if you up the exercise and cut back a bit each day...or massively for one day you will possibly have undone any naughtiness you did. if you are fine with the prospect of perhaps having a smaller loss, sts or gain then just carry on wher you left off, if this will once again knock you off track and leave your morale low then you need to do some form of damage limitation....if you cant curb the food perhaps an extra mile on your run each day will do it?

Just popping in to say that I'll be lurking but not posting much this week. Pressure at work mostly, not diet stuff. If anyone wants some Smiley Science advice, just ask and I'll see what I can do.

Have discovered a downside to dieting - without my layers of lard I can feel every little draft and breeze. Brrrrrr!!!!!!

BONNIE!!!! That is NOT COOL!! Ahhh god dominos of all things to eat!! For those that don't know SW you are allowed up to 15 syns per DAY and pizza is on average 19 syns per SLICE!!!

if you feel u can't cope with less cals than 1200 then that's ur choice. But make sure you arent eating junk on those cals or u are certain for a gain this week.

Give yourself a kick up the bum bonnie and get back on it. Some serious exercise is in need lady!

BONNIE!!!! That is NOT COOL!! Ahhh god dominos of all things to eat!! For those that don't know SW you are allowed up to 15 syns per DAY and pizza is on average 19 syns per SLICE!!!

if you feel u can't cope with less cals than 1200 then that's ur choice. But make sure you arent eating junk on those cals or u are certain for a gain this week.

Give yourself a kick up the bum bonnie and get back on it. Some serious exercise is in need lady!

Oh Sparty, I know, I feel really bad about it. But as I said, 6 mile run tonight, did 9 at weekend and have one more exercise session (possibly lanes again) before WI. Worked out if I stick to 1200 cals between now and end of week, I will have averaged 1550 for the week. While this is not ideal, with the exercise (haven't eaten those cals) I am hoping I can at least STS or maybe just loose one itsy bitsy pound!

We'll see eh - but I konw, Dominoes, so stupid!

OK, I said I wasn't posting, but I need help TLers. Having an unbelievably strong craving for food. I've had about 5 hours sleep since Friday night, work is stressing me to bits and I just want to run to a shop and buy something lovely and savoury and crunch and chew it :(

I feel utterly miserable. An hour and a half more in this bloody place then I'm going to go and get some sleep. I literally feel like I could go and buy a cheese sandwich on autopilot at the moment....it's so horrible to not be in control like that.

Anyone who thinks that overweight people are just weak-willed are idiots. I've been addicted before, and I'm in no doubt that this is the exact same feeling as trying to give up alcohol and gambling. That awful sense that you're not in charge of your actions anymore, which you want not to be true but don't have any choice.

oh smiley :( wheres ur PMA gone?? im sorry ur feeling so ***** atm, n under pressure from everything, but u ARE stronger than that!! a cheese sandwich isnt going to chnage anything though is it?? thats not going to chnage any of the things that are stressing you out right now! and it certainly is not going to help with turning goal number 3 green..which btw is sooo close! u know ur diet works, it gives u what you NEED so u dont NEED anything else, the rest is WANT and is all in ur head, which understandably isnt in the best place right now prob through sleep deprivation! so go home, get some decent sleep and DO NOT give in to those cravings!! im sure u will feel so much better after a decent sleep, look atthings again and it will all seem so much clearer :) xxx

One more hour then you can get some sleep. I'm 100% sure that's the problem. We all lose our strong will when we're exhausted and you sure sound it. As Loola said, you're SO NEAR YOUR NEXT TARGET!!!!! You're doing fantastically well. Don't BU**er it up just for the sake of a really nasty shop bought sandwich made with ghastly industrial ingredients that WILL NOT make you feel any better - you know that for a fact yourself.
Come back tomorrow and tell us how well you did and how proud you and your wife are of all that you've already achieved!
Go, smileyman, go! You're an inspiration to everyone here. Don't let yourself down.

SmileyMan said:
OK, I said I wasn't posting, but I need help TLers. Having an unbelievably strong craving for food. I've had about 5 hours sleep since Friday night, work is stressing me to bits and I just want to run to a shop and buy something lovely and savoury and crunch and chew it :(

I feel utterly miserable. An hour and a half more in this bloody place then I'm going to go and get some sleep. I literally feel like I could go and buy a cheese sandwich on autopilot at the moment....it's so horrible to not be in control like that.

Anyone who thinks that overweight people are just weak-willed are idiots. I've been addicted before, and I'm in no doubt that this is the exact same feeling as trying to give up alcohol and gambling. That awful sense that you're not in charge of your actions anymore, which you want not to be true but don't have any choice.

:( its lack of sleep as the other guys said, I akways want to cave on a night when I'm tired, fight it...just an hour. I know you won't cave and well done for sounding it our before you caved, of you can get done exercise in before bed you'll sleep better and it will boost your mood

Back