TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

i cant have 1200 every day, i have around 1500 a day, some days less, some more, but i keep track on mfp and make sure my weekly amount is not above 1500, not sure if its working or not as i dont get weighed until friday. id be happy with a pound a week, steady weight loss, ive literally lost nothing now for a month, ive lost and regained, ive since increased my exercise and am eating loads better, so i hope i see the result i deserve

Yeah 1200 gets the results, but it defeats the object if it drives you to fall off the wagon because you are sick of feeling hungry every night. Also, I gather that I am going to have to cut down even further as I loose more, so don't want to be going down sub 1000 to shift the last few pounds. You need a new start Lou. It is the last day of the month tomorrow, and weigh day. You can weigh tomorrow, and whatever the result make a real fresh go of things for September. Maybe even a mini target for the month of September?

We have pizza every Saturday night but it's home-made so I can control what goes on. Plain pizza dough rolled out really thinly (flour, salt, yeast, water). Plain tom puree, a little ham, mozz, ( a whole ball per pizza - no measly portions here!) oregano. YUM and can't be as calorific as a Dominos.

BonnieBooBear said:
Yeah 1200 gets the results, but it defeats the object if it drives you to fall off the wagon because you are sick of feeling hungry every night. Also, I gather that I am going to have to cut down even further as I loose more, so don't want to be going down sub 1000 to shift the last few pounds. You need a new start Lou. It is the last day of the month tomorrow, and weigh day. You can weigh tomorrow, and whatever the result make a real fresh go of things for September. Maybe even a mini target for the month of September?

I don't believe in new starts, that's a Sw thing and it brings up negative actions on my part, I have been brilliant all
Week, if I say I am starting new tomorrow I
Will feel like my hard work doesn't count, or I'll
End up thinking oh well fresh start sat I may aswell eat what I like. I'm taking it one meal, one day at a time, I'm walking and running and eating 3 meals a day, making my choices healthy and doing my best. If I get in to this course (she's still
Not called grr) then I'll be so busy I won't have time for sitting and brooding over food, it will be good for me. My problem is boredom.

We are really good in the week, then do the pizza thing at the week-end. It's as I've said before. For us, this way of eating is for life so it's got to be fun, not a short-term deprivation. I understand it's different for people who have had a bad relationship with food or for those who have a long way to go. We're all different but if you treat it as a diet, you're doomed to fail. It has to be your new, sustainable way of eating. And that means eating properly. Just my thoughts. I don't think it should be such a struggle. There has to be a better solution.

Patchninja said:
We are really good in the week, then do the pizza thing at the week-end. It's as I've said before. For us, this way of eating is for life so it's got to be fun, not a short-term deprivation. I understand it's different for people who have had a bad relationship with food or for those who have a long way to go. We're all different but if you treat it as a diet, you're doomed to fail. It has to be your new, sustainable way of eating. And that means eating properly. Just my thoughts. I don't think it should be such a struggle. There has to be a better solution.

Definitely. I think we need to
Learn how to not view it as a catastrophe if we have something high cal, just make sure it dies t happen often and eat less and exercise more around it. If these measures happened naturally without seeming like a chore we'd all be really slim. It's because we like these foods and no amount of them is ever enough, they're addictive.

I don't believe in new starts, that's a Sw thing and it brings up negative actions on my part, I have been brilliant all
Week, if I say I am starting new tomorrow I
Will feel like my hard work doesn't count, or I'll
End up thinking oh well fresh start sat I may aswell eat what I like. I'm taking it one meal, one day at a time, I'm walking and running and eating 3 meals a day, making my choices healthy and doing my best. If I get in to this course (she's still
Not called grr) then I'll be so busy I won't have time for sitting and brooding over food, it will be good for me. My problem is boredom.

True, true, don't think I expressed myself very clearly, meant more like how about setting a mini-challenge for September as it is a new month - kids back to school (presumably) and a new season sort of thing. I agree 'drawing a line' doesn't work and is just giving yourself a free pass to do it again and again.

We have pizza every Saturday night but it's home-made so I can control what goes on. Plain pizza dough rolled out really thinly (flour, salt, yeast, water). Plain tom puree, a little ham, mozz, ( a whole ball per pizza - no measly portions here!) oregano. YUM and can't be as calorific as a Dominos.

Used to make my own pizza all the time Patchninja, but stopped when I went to SW because I couldn't work out how to syn the whole thing. How many syns are in your homemade pizza? Used to make my own bread too, but stopped that as it was too fiddly to count and measure properly.

True, true, don't think I expressed myself very clearly, meant more like how about setting a mini-challenge for September as it is a new month - kids back to school (presumably) and a new season sort of thing. I agree 'drawing a line' doesn't work and is just giving yourself a free pass to do it again and again.

im sure i replied to this??? im not doing challenges anymore, i havent met a single one yet and it just leads to misery and feelings of failure, im just taking it one day, one meal, one run at a time, i cant look too far ahead right now, from monday im going to be rushed off my feet, i wont have time to be sitting and fantasising about food ill be fantasising about the latest make up trends, fake noses, fake beards etc lol.

Bonnie, I don't count the syns. I have a superfood day until dinner. I drink wine every day too and I don't count that either. I'm trying to eat in a way that is sustainable - by that I mean that I know how to eat to lose weight - we all do. We've done it til it comes out of our ears. What we - read that as I - need to do is get into such habits that I like what I'm eating when I'm losing, but can afford to have a little of what I fancy too without it creating any problems loss-wise. I'm lucky in that I'm not addicted to any food. I don't have a sweet tooth. But, I'm NOT on a diet, I've simply changed the way I eat and cook. That's another reason I like SW as the recipes are good. I was always hungry on WW. I can eat what I like on SW and as Lou says, you have to keep an eye on the portions - I'm not too greedy either!
I know it's easier for me than many people. Some of what I read on Minimimms makes me want to cry. Some people have a long road to walk. I want this weight that I've lost (started out with WW at 77 kgs) to stay off, hence why I'm always ranting on about not thinking about diets, but about a whole new mindset.
Ranting finished. Sorry if I've offended anyone. I really don't mean to.

Patchninja said:
Bonnie, I don't count the syns. I have a superfood day until dinner. I drink wine every day too and I don't count that either. I'm trying to eat in a way that is sustainable - by that I mean that I know how to eat to lose weight - we all do. We've done it til it comes out of our ears. What we - read that as I - need to do is get into such habits that I like what I'm eating when I'm losing, but can afford to have a little of what I fancy too without it creating any problems loss-wise. I'm lucky in that I'm not addicted to any food. I don't have a sweet tooth. But, I'm NOT on a diet, I've simply changed the way I eat and cook. That's another reason I like SW as the recipes are good. I was always hungry on WW. I can eat what I like on SW and as Lou says, you have to keep an eye on the portions - I'm not too greedy either!
I know it's easier for me than many people. Some of what I read on Minimimms makes me want to cry. Some people have a long road to walk. I want this weight that I've lost (started out with WW at 77 kgs) to stay off, hence why I'm always ranting on about not thinking about diets, but about a whole new mindset.
Ranting finished. Sorry if I've offended anyone. I really don't mean to.

Nothing you said is offensive it makes sense

I feel massive, not sure why. Lady fun time has gone back to giving me bother again, but
I feel it's looming, I've decided against weighing in tomorrow, I can't face a gsin, I know I'm back on it and doing the right stuff so I'm just going to lay off the scales until I feel like I've definitely lost. I can finally go shopping tomorrow, I'm going to get lots of fish and really healthy stuff in and try to get my cals Down by another 150 a day next week

BonnieBooBear said:
Used to make my own pizza all the time Patchninja, but stopped when I went to SW because I couldn't work out how to syn the whole thing. How many syns are in your homemade pizza? Used to make my own bread too, but stopped that as it was too fiddly to count and measure properly.

I make my own SW ones bonnie and they are yummy. I use a WM pitta bread as the base (hexb) cheese (hexa) and then just top with whatever u like - ham, tomato, pepper etc. if I have a red day you can have two!! Mmmmm

How fab FL to go home after such a long time. Your family and friends won't recognise you! Have you told them you have been loosing?

My parents know and a couple of my friends but most people don't so we'll see the reaction.

I did my mid-week check this week and I was feeling really disheartened because there's been no change on the scales yet (though there's still time before Monday) but I took my measurements this morning (last took them on August 1st!!) and I have fantastic knews. I lost another 3 inches all over this month :D 16.5 inches gone so far, or 42 centimetres!!

When I started my waist was 95cm and now it's 82cm (!) and my hips were 117cm and now they are 104cm! ! I can't believe how much I've lost. Apparently a 'healthy' waist circumfrance is 80cm and I'm only 2cm away from that! I'm thrilled. It's a good reminder to keep doing what I'm doing. I am obviously doing something right somewhere along the line! :)

My parents know and a couple of my friends but most people don't so we'll see the reaction.

I did my mid-week check this week and I was feeling really disheartened because there's been no change on the scales yet (though there's still time before Monday) but I took my measurements this morning (last took them on August 1st!!) and I have fantastic knews. I lost another 3 inches all over this month :D 16.5 inches gone so far, or 42 centimetres!!

When I started my waist was 95cm and now it's 82cm (!) and my hips were 117cm and now they are 104cm! ! I can't believe how much I've lost. Apparently a 'healthy' waist circumfrance is 80cm and I'm only 2cm away from that! I'm thrilled. It's a good reminder to keep doing what I'm doing. I am obviously doing something right somewhere along the line! :)

That's just brilliant!

Thank you so much! It really buoyed me along today. Ate the right Cals, went for a 2 hour walk and draink 2 litres of water! Hoping I can continue the positivity over the weekend! :)

conlou1 said:
I succumbed to getting weighed and I've lost a pound :)

Yay! Fantastic news Lou! Well done! Chuffed for you!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Amazing, especially your waist. What a difference! I wish I had bothered to measure myself at the beginning. Well done you, how satisfying that must be.

Back