TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

faery_lights said:
So my weekend was well... not good. I drank a lot on Saturday and went on a mini-binge last night. Nothing like some of my great snack fests of yester-year (I had a box of these brownie bite things and some cereal) but still... it showed on the scales. No gain from last week but only a 0.4lbs loss which is silly because I showed a 3.4lb loss on Saturday morning and threw it all away.

I think there's a few reasons why. I think gradually going over my calories without any real consequences has made me lax- the meal out the week before last, eating all the chocolate etc. Saturday itself would have been fine but I don't even LIKE beer that much. And yesterday evening was nothing but a manifestation of a childish tantrum because I am fed up of 'depriving' myself. Myself of what? Food I don't need. It was stupid and all I have been left with is feeling silly and guilty and disappointed in myself.

These past 2 or 3 weeks, I have really lost my way and I need to find it again. I had ONE day last week where I stuck to my calorie limit. No more. This week I am making it 7 days and I will have a great result on those scales next Monday.

My goal for this week are

1) To eat no more than 1350 calories a day EVERY day.
2) To exercise 5 times- 3 runs, 1 walk and 1 session of Zumba.
3) To drink 2 litres of water every day.

I know I can do it, I've done it before. It was easy, I am just finding it hard at the moment. I've been at this for almost 6 months and the fact that I can't eat the way I want to and never can is difficult to process sometimes. That being said, I enjoy eating healthily, I like exercising- I suppose I just 'resent' people who don't seem to have the unhealthy relationship with food that I have. I have a friend with a fridge full of chocolate and it doesn't bother him whilst it really bothers me!

It's all silly and psychological. I want to do this, I know I can do this and I am going to keep working at it and I am going to STOP self-sabotaging now. It isn't achieving anything and I'm just being ridiculous. This is absolutely all my own fault and responsibility. It's Monday, I am starting fresh and I AM going to have a great week.

Oh dear. So you can't eat what you think
Everyone else is eating and your deprived, you forget why your not eating them in the first place and decide that it's worth it. Will it be worth it when your up a stone? Or 2 or 3?? We ALL have or had a bad relationship with food which is why we're here I'm the first place, your not alone. Some people can have just a little of the foods they like, others-like me have to
Be careful as it triggers something and I want to eat it all the time, it's an addiction, but it's only food. Plan every morsel of food that's going in your mouth today and have nothing more. NOTHING. Stick to your plan and strengthen that resistance muscle and weaken your giving in muscle ;)

Still feeling crappy but pleased to report I was well under my weekly calorie goal again, and I was the week before too. I've been aiming for 1500 cals a day but i feel confident this week
That I can aim for 1200, it's all in my head. Planned today's meals and going to get a really early night tonight as I feel
Totally pants. I might treat myself to a book for doing 2 good weeks :)

Oh dear. So you can't eat what you think
Everyone else is eating and your deprived, you forget why your not eating them in the first place and decide that it's worth it. Will it be worth it when your up a stone? Or 2 or 3?? We ALL have or had a bad relationship with food which is why we're here I'm the first place, your not alone. Some people can have just a little of the foods they like, others-like me have to
Be careful as it triggers something and I want to eat it all the time, it's an addiction, but it's only food. Plan every morsel of food that's going in your mouth today and have nothing more. NOTHING. Stick to your plan and strengthen that resistance muscle and weaken your giving in muscle ;)

I agree. It was silly and ridiculous and very childish and yeah... counter-productive. I've had a real think today; reminding myself of some of the reasons I am on this journey. I have a solid food plan for the week- I know it's a case of getting back in the swing of things and the more I'm on it, the easier it'll be to stay on it. I've come so far and I really feel, despite the blips, that this really is it for me and that it's gradual but I'm actually cracking it.

It's late evening now so I've had a pretty good day. Going to have a couple of satsumas to bring me up to 1200 calories and then I'm going to do my Zumba Step by Step DVD. :)

Well done Sue and Sally. Still reading when I get the chance, but someone seems to have got it into their heads that I'm supposed to actually do some work around here. Outrageous!

hey guys, spent the past few days fishing! eurgh! lol living outdoors is not my thing lol, was bursting for a wee the whole time lol!
well i wasnt great, we took a bbq with every intention of eating well etc but due to circumstances beyond our control (shop being closed down) we werent able to buy the meat n salad etc that we wanted to, so we ordered a pizza (delivered to the lake) wasso hungry that day (would have been the 1st thing i ate) so i had 2 slices, i felt like i could have eaten the whole thing, but stopped at 2 slices and the feeling of hunger soon passed
then yesterday hubbys friend came to the lake n sat with kids n fishing stuff while me n hubby went in search of a shop and found one, we had bacon sandwiches , which again i know isnt best but i did the best i could by having only 1, no butter and removed all visible fat , then we had bbq meats and salad fir dinner. did LOADS of walking with the dog n kids through the woods and up n down sand hills (old quarry) and back home today and back on plan with a fat free yog n strawberries and blackberries for b/fast. i am hoping that the pizza being the ONLY thing i ate that day, and the walking hasnt caused too much of a gain, and im gonna try n keep syns low to compensate, but if i have a gain on tues im hoping it will be small and ill know why. at that time it was a choice of eating or not and i chose to eat lol

Well done Loola, you made the best out of a bad situation and I recon you will have gotten away with it.

Ok Bassers. Here's a few pics on my weight loss journey. 6.5 stone lost in 69 weeks.

Me just prior to starting my diet - 18 April 2011 - weighing in at 16 stone 7 lbs :eek:

View attachment 61813

I am wearing size 22/24 top and jeans from Evans - and the jeans were getting tight.

Me exactly one year later - at this point I weigh 11 stone 3lbs:

View attachment 61814

Wearing size 16 top and jeans here.

Me this very morning after hitting my target of 10 stone!

View attachment 61816

Wearing size 14 top and jeans. Jeans are loose and on last belt hole!

The scales (apologies for photo but hubby took it a bit wonky in all the excitement)!:

View attachment 61819

Edit: You need to click on the photos to see me in all my glory!

WOwwwwweeee! Sue I am thrilled for you, you look like the first woman's daughter! You are an absolute inspiration, thank you for posting and reminding those of us with a way to go that there is an end in sight. So glad you knocked that pesky pound off in the end!

done it, just had a waffle to see if it worked

bonnie youve been quiet this weekend?? has it been better than last?

ive set myself a challenge for tomorrow, im going to have 1200 cals, seeing as im unable to exercise properly til i feel better i need to rein the food in a bit or ill end up gaining. i sat and planned my meals for tomorrow and im well within.

Still here don't worry, have been in the Brecon Beacons in the campervan . Did loads of exercise, including 6 mile walk, 50 min run and 10mile hill climb. And all within calorie levels, so if I don't loose this week and get into the 10's there will have been a massive miscarriage of justice!

Sorry to hear you have been feeling crappy Lou, good idea to keep the cals down to match the lower exercise levels.

BonnieBooBear said:
Still here don't worry, have been in the Brecon Beacons in the campervan . Did loads of exercise, including 6 mile walk, 50 min run and 10mile hill climb. And all within calorie levels, so if I don't loose this week and get into the 10's there will have been a massive miscarriage of justice!

Sorry to hear you have been feeling crappy Lou, good idea to keep the cals down to match the lower exercise levels.

I'm off for a run tomorrow and walked for 3 hours today lol so exercise back up again. Still keeping cals to 1200 though. I need a boost. If you've worked out and eaten what you should I'm sure you will have a drop into the 10's

4lb went on! I wasn't that bad really apart from a couple of beers each day and a lot of bread went in which I don't do in civilian life! Plus it was a lazy sunbed holiday.....

I had such a nice holiday, loads of swimming,snorkelling and fun by the pool and on the beaches with the kids. Fell in love with Greek salads all over again!

Anyway! I did it, I care, but not enough to let it eat me up, this is a marathon not a sprint and I am happy with myself - all my new clothes still fit!!

1lb is now gone!

I am back!

need to catch up with 20-odd pages of posts...could be a while boy n girls!

I'll be two weeks getting back to pre-holiday, meantime I am planning a new exercise regime

hope you have all been well and looking after each other

I brifly saw cat-Sue's goal arrival, huge congrats Sue - and great photos!!

4lb went on! I wasn't that bad really apart from a couple of beers each day and a lot of bread went in which I don't do in civilian life! Plus it was a lazy sunbed holiday.....

I had such a nice holiday, loads of swimming,snorkelling and fun by the pool and on the beaches with the kids. Fell in love with Greek salads all over again!

Anyway! I did it, I care, but not enough to let it eat me up, this is a marathon not a sprint and I am happy with myself - all my new clothes still fit!!

1lb is now gone!

I am back!

I'll be two weeks getting back to pre-holiday, meantime I am planning a new exercise regime

Welcome back Rod, ouch, 4 on but never mind, you know what to do. Glad you had fun!

So my weekend was well… not good. I drank a lot on Saturday and went on a mini-binge last night. Nothing like some of my great snack fests of yester-year (I had a box of these brownie bite things and some cereal) but still… it showed on the scales. No gain from last week but only a 0.4lbs loss which is silly because I showed a 3.4lb loss on Saturday morning and threw it all away.

I think there’s a few reasons why. I think gradually going over my calories without any real consequences has made me lax- the meal out the week before last, eating all the chocolate etc. Saturday itself would have been fine but I don’t even LIKE beer that much. And yesterday evening was nothing but a manifestation of a childish tantrum because I am fed up of ‘depriving’ myself. Myself of what? Food I don’t need. It was stupid and all I have been left with is feeling silly and guilty and disappointed in myself.

These past 2 or 3 weeks, I have really lost my way and I need to find it again. I had ONE day last week where I stuck to my calorie limit. No more. This week I am making it 7 days and I will have a great result on those scales next Monday.

My goal for this week are

1) To eat no more than 1350 calories a day EVERY day.
2) To exercise 5 times- 3 runs, 1 walk and 1 session of Zumba.
3) To drink 2 litres of water every day.

I know I can do it, I’ve done it before. It was easy, I am just finding it hard at the moment. I’ve been at this for almost 6 months and the fact that I can’t eat the way I want to and never can is difficult to process sometimes. That being said, I enjoy eating healthily, I like exercising- I suppose I just ‘resent’ people who don’t seem to have the unhealthy relationship with food that I have. I have a friend with a fridge full of chocolate and it doesn’t bother him whilst it really bothers me!

It's all silly and psychological. I want to do this, I know I can do this and I am going to keep working at it and I am going to STOP self-sabotaging now. It isn't achieving anything and I'm just being ridiculous. This is absolutely all my own fault and responsibility. It's Monday, I am starting fresh and I AM going to have a great week.
Hey FL, sorry I missed this the first time around. Oh dear, you have wobbled. Of course you aren't going to like depriving yourself, who does? Mostly, we live with it because we want the results more than we want to eat the food. But over this weekend, you wanted the food more than the results. Or you kidded yourself that you did. This weight loss thing doesn't need to take years, you can get it over with if you just suck it up, get your head down and grind on girlfriend.

And you won't have to deprive yourself forever - you can eat brownie bites, you just won't be able to scoff a whole load of them in one go until you feel sick, because nobody can do that and maintain a normal weight. But once you are at goal, you can practice eating in moderation - you have plenty of time to learn.

It gets hard (god knows I had the same experience on Dominoes Wednesday last week) but you can do it and you will. Now give yourself a kick and get on with it!

1lb is now gone!

I am back!

Cheers Rod. 4lbs is nothing. You've already lost 1lb and I suspect the other 3 will be off next week. I have found that my two 3lb gains (hols and Xmas) were reversed the week after - seems to be easy come, easy go. It was your holiday and clearly for a 4lb gain you didn't go mad but still kicked back enough to feel relaxed and rejuvenated.

1lb off at WI tonight, so I am still languishing in the doldrums of the 11 stones. Was slimmer of the month though, over 10lbs in 4 weeks apparently.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I left WI in such a childish grump, and bought a tescos pizza. Wouldn't be the end of the world- would have taken me to my BMR in cals for the day. But then OH came home and ordered a Dominoes (same text). I had a 'personal pizza' and HALF A BEN AND JERRYS TUB OF ICE CREAM.

So my cals for today were something like 2000 over my goal. I am not sure how I feel at the moment, I am a bit confused to be honest. Going off to think about things...

I know this is 5 days old

but you are a nob

Told you I was back

I agree with Sue - I put on 3-4lbs on my holiday and I got rid of 3 the first week.

If anyone can do it Rod its you - nose to the grindstone please!!

1lb is now gone!

I am back!

I think 4lbs in 2 weeks is pretty good actually seeing as I was reading an article which says people put 4lbs on on average on a one week holiday! You'll knock it off Rod! Keep at it. Glad you're back :)

Morning bassers - I have updated my goal date as it was still showing as pre-holiday. I have re-set it to 19th Sept (when I have been with my bf for 3 years) and after that I will rethink if I want to lose anymore or give maintaining a go.

Morning bassers - I have updated my goal date as it was still showing as pre-holiday. I have re-set it to 19th Sept (when I have been with my bf for 3 years) and after that I will rethink if I want to lose anymore or give maintaining a go.

well done Sparty, great ownership

remember, you are the boss of you - it's a goal not a life or death thing

:character00116:

Woooo rods back, nice to see you!!! 4 pound minus a pound go e already is good. I put 5.5 pound on in christmas WEEK and I truly didn't thinknid eaten a vast amount of food, it was just crap that I didn't eat. Lost 3.5 the first week after, I think most of it tends to be bloat plus flying makes you retain water, I bet it will be back to normal next week, you never know the change in diet then switch back may give you a boost to your losses, it has been known. I don't need to tell you to buckle down, you'll be doing it already.

Well, yesterday was the first day in a while that I hadn't snacked. I found it easier than I thought. I stopped it being an option in my head and just had a drink instead. Had 1200 cals and feeling smug. Was meant to go running with my friend tonight but she's bowed out, so I'm gonna go on my own.

Hey Lou - how did you get on with that 5lb drop in two weeks you offered me?

;)

nice to see its all still rollin, great motivation here, thanks all of you

I feel cleaner inside after two days on my regime (i was back on friday but the weekend was rough on the food too!)

its lovely to get away and nice to be back where I belong

I need to set a series of mini-targets for the end of Oct....

Back