TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Rod the Bass said:
Hey Lou - how did you get on with that 5lb drop in two weeks you offered me?

;)

nice to see its all still rollin, great motivation here, thanks all of you

I feel cleaner inside after two days on my regime (i was back on friday but the weekend was rough on the food too!)

its lovely to get away and nice to be back where I belong

I need to set a series of mini-targets for the end of Oct....

I did 3 the gained 2 when I came off that stupid diet, then lost 1 again last week, so if you discount the gain I lost 4 ;) haha

I need to set a series of mini-targets for the end of Oct....

How about 1 stone off? Then you will have 10lbs to go to target?! In 2 months I think you could do it although it will be tough...
Or setting some exercise goals - C25k, a set number of times on your stepper (or whichever machine you have) per week?
Or you could do some measurements and aim for that? I havent measured myself but I think others do (Sue did as far as I can remember) so they can advise on a target??

Hi - got to head out in a bit but when I get back I'm going to do a break down of how long it look me to lose each stone. I know I lost an average of 1.3lbs per week but I thought it would be useful to see how that rate slows as the weight goes down. I also kept measurements between my round of kettleworx although I no longer do that now as it was getting to be a bit of a ball-ache. Will dig out my notebook and sort some stats out for later. Might help folk with their target setting. Might not - but I do love a good stat! :D

Off to get my nails done. Going for a glitter shellac to celebrate my goal! Oh and I accidentally ordered £200 worth of new undies yesterday as well from Bravissimo's new collection! Oopsy! :D

Rod, 4 lbs for a big chap like you is nothing. You'll shed that overnight hahaha
Glad you had a good hols and glad you're back.

How about 1 stone off? Then you will have 10lbs to go to target?! In 2 months I think you could do it although it will be tough...
Or setting some exercise goals - C25k, a set number of times on your stepper (or whichever machine you have) per week?
Or you could do some measurements and aim for that? I havent measured myself but I think others do (Sue did as far as I can remember) so they can advise on a target??

I was thinking the same thing Sparty

One stone by end of oct and then ten pounds for Dec 11 - i can do that I reckon

I am upping the walking to include lunchtimes now (I have brought my trainers to work!)

its beginning to look a lot like motivation around here....

I was thinking the same thing Sparty

One stone by end of oct and then ten pounds for Dec 11 - i can do that I reckon

I am upping the walking to include lunchtimes now (I have brought my trainers to work!)

its beginning to look a lot like motivation around here....

Walking at lunchtime is a good idea - I did start making sure I went out walking for at least 30 mins before I let myself have my lunch but a few days of new shoes stopped that lol.

I am going to start again though - as of today! (I love being spontaneous ha) I have comfy shoes on and I need to go to the bank so I have a reason to get out.....And since I wont be able to go to boot camp for a month then lunchtime walking as well as walking home from the station will hopefully stop me putting any lbs back on!

hmmmm...food for thought! (The low cal type of food!)

Massive nob, I know :cry:

Still,has been a fantastic week since, and WI tomorrow WILL GET ME INTO THE TENS!

im sure it will, ill be partying with you when you get there :)

Walking at lunchtime is a good idea - I did start making sure I went out walking for at least 30 mins before I let myself have my lunch but a few days of new shoes stopped that lol.

I am going to start again though - as of today! (I love being spontaneous ha) I have comfy shoes on and I need to go to the bank so I have a reason to get out.....And since I wont be able to go to boot camp for a month then lunchtime walking as well as walking home from the station will hopefully stop me putting any lbs back on!

hmmmm...food for thought! (The low cal type of food!)

well done on putting a plan into place, walking is fantastic, i believe its one of the best exercises you can do, as its not tiring and you can wlak for a long time without getting burnt out and needing to rest. my weight has always fallen off whne i go walking.

don't bank on it

I'd be well dischuffed if my missus smashed £200 in on gear that I'd want her out of

see, not all blokes are that fussed on lingerie, I'm not for a start - I like women naked!!

and £200!!!

thats half of one of these...YIKES!!

Tenryu Injection SP82M LCF - Tenryu - Rods : Mr Fish Jersey

haha i guess its the women who like it...it makes us feel sexy, and when we feel sexy it benefits our hubbys/partners..so win-win all round lol

i have a plan, im going to do 1200 cals in the week, no snacks, then 1800 on a saturday or sunday (it will be sunday this week as its my daghters 3rd birthday party) i think having that 1 day a week where im allowing myself to have more but still keeping it controlled will hopefully stop me feeling deprived and keeping the control is what i need in order to lose the weight...having an extra 600 cals isnt going to break anything and i still should get losses. im hoping for a big loss this week with having 1200 cals and no snacks from yesterday to friday, but the weekend wasnt great so perhaps not :/

good moment to report, i have my best mates hen do on 29th september, and i bought 3 dresses (fancy dress ones, its prisoner theme) and 2 of them which fit me when i got them are too big and the one that was way too tight fits lovely, really chuffed.

2lbs off this week & I'm getting closer to those 9's. Once I've dropped below 10st I'll finally believe I've conquered my food demons :)

Great work there sister, well done!

there arent any food demons Clanger

its the same as Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, the closet monster and the tooth fairy

oh and women being reasonable for four weeks in a row

all fantastic ideas but hard to believe.....

Rod, 4 lbs for a big chap like you is nothing. You'll shed that overnight hahaha
Glad you had a good hols and glad you're back.

damn straight, its only 3 now and towards next monday I'll be where I was i reckon

quite easy getting back in the saddle this time...

where have you been hiding then?

you havent posted for about two months???? !!!

2lbs off this week & I'm getting closer to those 9's. Once I've dropped below 10st I'll finally believe I've conquered my food demons :)

Nice once Clanger, nearly there. You can take that in a week if you go all guns blazing!

Great job Clanger! Way to go!

Just about to read and head to bed so I am pleased to report that I've had another great day AND this was the first evening in a good 10 days where I haven't had a post-dinner snack craving. Feeling like I am slowly getting back to it!

Right Bassers - here's some stats which might help in target setting. My average loss for 6.5 stone in 69 weeks was 1.32lbs per week. During this time there were the usual setbacks like Christmas and Holidays but I only gained on two weeks over this time. Both times I put on 3lbs and both times I took it straight back off the following week. Below is the average weight loss for each stone lost:

Stone 1 = 5 weeks = average loss of 2.8lbs per week
Stone 2 = 9 weeks = average loss of 1.5lbs per week
Stone 3 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week - started kettlebells programme after losing 2 stone
Stone 4 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week
Stone 5 = 12 weeks = average loss of 1.16lbs per week - includes Xmas gain in this period
Stone 6 = 16 weeks = average loss of 0.875lbs per week - includes Holiday gain in this period
Stone 6.5 = 11 weeks = average loss of 0.64lbs per week

Think this is quite interesting as it clearly shows the exercise kicking in and then the slow down as the stones are lost. Bear in mind that I have kept to 29 WW ProPoints throughout the diet, i.e. have not dropped down any points at all and that after losing 2 stone I have adopted a kettlebells workout 3 times a week and have kept to this faithfully - neither upping the sessions or dropping any. I did this deliberately so I can keep to this regime easily forever and ever!

This might help folk nearing their goal weights. Actually I wish I'd have done it earlier as I was always working on my total average loss to try and work out targets and looking now that probably wasn't the most realistic way of doing it.

Hope this helps. :)

Right Bassers - here's some stats which might help in target setting. My average loss for 6.5 stone in 69 weeks was 1.32lbs per week. During this time there were the usual setbacks like Christmas and Holidays but I only gained on two weeks over this time. Both times I put on 3lbs and both times I took it straight back off the following week. Below is the average weight loss for each stone lost:

Stone 1 = 5 weeks = average loss of 2.8lbs per week
Stone 2 = 9 weeks = average loss of 1.5lbs per week
Stone 3 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week - started kettlebells programme after losing 2 stone
Stone 4 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week
Stone 5 = 12 weeks = average loss of 1.16lbs per week - includes Xmas gain in this period
Stone 6 = 16 weeks = average loss of 0.875lbs per week - includes Holiday gain in this period
Stone 6.5 = 11 weeks = average loss of 0.64lbs per week

Think this is quite interesting as it clearly shows the exercise kicking in and then the slow down as the stones are lost. Bear in mind that I have kept to 29 WW ProPoints throughout the diet, i.e. have not dropped down any points at all and that after losing 2 stone I have adopted a kettlebells workout 3 times a week and have kept to this faithfully - neither upping the sessions or dropping any. I did this deliberately so I can keep to this regime easily forever and ever!

This might help folk nearing their goal weights. Actually I wish I'd have done it earlier as I was always working on my total average loss to try and work out targets and looking now that probably wasn't the most realistic way of doing it.

Hope this helps. :)

thats really interesting!! thanks for posting hun, very interesting indeed!

Back