TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Right Bassers - here's some stats which might help in target setting. My average loss for 6.5 stone in 69 weeks was 1.32lbs per week. During this time there were the usual setbacks like Christmas and Holidays but I only gained on two weeks over this time. Both times I put on 3lbs and both times I took it straight back off the following week. Below is the average weight loss for each stone lost:

Stone 1 = 5 weeks = average loss of 2.8lbs per week
Stone 2 = 9 weeks = average loss of 1.5lbs per week
Stone 3 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week - started kettlebells programme after losing 2 stone
Stone 4 = 8 weeks = average loss of 1.75lbs per week
Stone 5 = 12 weeks = average loss of 1.16lbs per week - includes Xmas gain in this period
Stone 6 = 16 weeks = average loss of 0.875lbs per week - includes Holiday gain in this period
Stone 6.5 = 11 weeks = average loss of 0.64lbs per week

Think this is quite interesting as it clearly shows the exercise kicking in and then the slow down as the stones are lost. Bear in mind that I have kept to 29 WW ProPoints throughout the diet, i.e. have not dropped down any points at all and that after losing 2 stone I have adopted a kettlebells workout 3 times a week and have kept to this faithfully - neither upping the sessions or dropping any. I did this deliberately so I can keep to this regime easily forever and ever!

This might help folk nearing their goal weights. Actually I wish I'd have done it earlier as I was always working on my total average loss to try and work out targets and looking now that probably wasn't the most realistic way of doing it.

Hope this helps. :)

Wow, that's really interesting, especially stone 3 and 4. How my SW leader can say that exercise doesn't make that much difference is beyond me! Really interesting to see, thaanks for posting Sue.

No probs. I think introducing the exercise really revved my system up and thats pretty evident on stones 3 and 4 where you would expect it to continue slowing down.

Feeling a bit...meh...today. Just popping in to pledge a 10 mile run later, even though I feel like sculking on the sofa.

Feeling a bit...meh...today. Just popping in to pledge a 10 mile run later, even though I feel like sculking on the sofa.

meh?

wots meh?

MEH????????

you can't use "girl noises" as words, I am a MAN!

do I speak a different language, not a week goes by that I don't need a translation?? !!

go running and eat a dictionary or thesaurus when you get back (not all at once, the calorific value of a dictionary or thesaurus is horrific!)

Rod the Bass said:
meh?

wots meh?

MEH????????

you can't use "girl noises" as words, I am a MAN!

do I speak a different language, not a week goes by that I don't need a translation?? !!

go running and eat a dictionary or thesaurus when you get back (not all at once, the calorific value of a dictionary or thesaurus is horrific!)

Hahaha meh means kinda cant b arsed

I used to work in a takeaway place n after eating it a few times u totally go off it :( esp wen u realise how its made!!!

ive worked here before, for a year before my second child and a month or so before my third, it never put me off hahaha, they were very hygenic too, not good since my downfall always was takeaway. i managed to lose a stone while working there full time the first time i worked there, so i know i can do it, ill just have to make sure i eat before i go

Phew, 10 mile run in the bank, thank you very much. Hard work out there tonight but so happy now I have done it. Now a nice fat free mushroom risotto for dinner.

Good for you Lou, at least you won't be at home thinking about snacking, you will be keeping busy and on your feet. What kind of takeaway?

burgers, pizza, kebab etc..your bog standard takeaway. im so angry right now i could spit, its making me want to eat something cos i cant take my anger out on anyone...not only did my twat husband ruin my planned night of running by going out, weve now ended up looking after his brothers dog, cos his brother decided to get another dog and they cant be left together,i said no, but ive been put on the spot and made to feel bad. im raging i mean absolutely raging. ive said one night only but i KNOW as i KNEW when he said he was getting another one that somehoe in some way this would end up affecting me. it always f-ing does. i need a punch bag.

well i STS tonight :( erm kinda annoyed, but deserved i think! i hadnt been "bad" as in i havent binged on foods or deliberately eaten "naughty" foods, just not really kept track of what i was eating, havent been keeping food diary, havent been tracking on MFP, so all my own fault, although i was hoping for at least a small loss with all the extra walking and with starting the running, but nope i was too relaxed and the scales showed it!
i wasnt going to go to WI tonight, not coz i was expecting a bad result, just coz i am lacking in funds lol, but my lovely SWC said not to worry about it n i could pay double next week, so i am pleased i went, but i had decided before i even knew i was going that i needed to buck my ideas up this week! i need to keep track of my syns,and all those dashes of milk in my coffee etc, coz they soon add up!
hubby is back at work now, after a week off, kids back to school so routine all back on track and im going back to basics with SW starting again like it was my 1st week again, reading lots and making sure im not going over my syns, watching my portions etc..
also carrying on with the walking the dog and the couch to 5 k and back to the 3.6mile school run too!

burgers, pizza, kebab etc..your bog standard takeaway. im so angry right now i could spit, its making me want to eat something cos i cant take my anger out on anyone...not only did my twat husband ruin my planned night of running by going out, weve now ended up looking after his brothers dog, cos his brother decided to get another dog and they cant be left together,i said no, but ive been put on the spot and made to feel bad. im raging i mean absolutely raging. ive said one night only but i KNOW as i KNEW when he said he was getting another one that somehoe in some way this would end up affecting me. it always f-ing does. i need a punch bag.
oh no lou!!! maybe u should invest in a punch bag?? or ur pillow?? dont eat ur anger though lol that will just make u feel worse! do u have sky? or a fitness dvd u could do? wii? try n exercise ur stress out? hope ur ok! is this dog better behaved than the one u just gave back do u know? x

yeah we had her for 3 years before when his brother was homeless, i do love her but shes hard work at times, she wees and poos if you shut her in one room, shes like a baby and wants to be cuddled and reassured all the time, shes been spoilt and his brother lets her sleep in his bed, but we did too when she lived with us, she is cute but its just too much, im allergic to dogs for one...poodles are ok, but shes a staffy and moults, and im worried about her with the kids, i know she wouldnt hurt them shes just not like that but you just never know do you, and the fact shes been babied makes me wary that she might get jealous. shes been with the kids a lot and has always been ok but i wont let her be on her own in the room with them, so im gonna be ferrying her in and out, at least she wont chew their toys. i just hate being put on the spot, especially when i specifically said no. i didnnt eat anything i called my friend instead...she was just off to bed bless her haha

ive worked here before, for a year before my second child and a month or so before my third, it never put me off hahaha, they were very hygenic too, not good since my downfall always was takeaway. i managed to lose a stone while working there full time the first time i worked there, so i know i can do it, ill just have to make sure i eat before i go

I think eating before you go is the best idea and mentally just accepting that it it your job, it is not a food option for you. Think about how good you'll feel when you don't eat those things, knowing how many calories they'll contain! Plus, a couple of evenings on your feet a week, should be able to burn a load of calories! I worked at Morrisons before coming to teach in Korea and even though I ate a lot of crap the year I worked there, I only put on half a stone during the whole time because I was on my feet for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week doing lots of lifting and walking and moving! As soon as I started a job that was more desky, I put on 13lbs in 6 months!

damn straight, its only 3 now and towards next monday I'll be where I was i reckon

quite easy getting back in the saddle this time...

where have you been hiding then?

you havent posted for about two months???? !!!

Yes, I have! It must be because there's a bit less of me that you didn't spot me hahaha.

Wow, that's really interesting, especially stone 3 and 4. How my SW leader can say that exercise doesn't make that much difference is beyond me! Really interesting to see, thaanks for posting Sue.

She's mad! SW on-line, they're always encouraging you to exercise!

Maybe she means that you CAN lose even if u are too lazy to exercise?! I think this only applies to people with a lot to lose though. My sister was on SW and lost 2 stone without exercising.

But I think you get there quicker with exercise and it lowers your body fat content more so than if you don't. Exercise means you are generally more healthy anyway

six mile walk with suki last night - found some smashing new public footpaths and got lost nicely in the dark in the woods - LOL!!

good news is another 2lbs of my holiday bloat has dropped off, so basically I'm within a pound of the pre-holiday after two days on the jazz

I have found another opportunity for exercise too - my girls swim four nights a week and I usually sit on my bum watching them

all the pools have fields attached - so more walking during their swims it is!!

that stone mini-target is in jeopardy

as I've lost I am now allowing myself back in the lounge, I learn a lot down there....:eek:

Oh Lou, sorry to hear about ANOTHER dog dilemma - I can't say no either! It's a hard one, especailly if you are fond of the dog, otherwise I would have said tell your brother in law to get it off to the dogs home pronto - you are not boarding kennels! Hope she is well behaved for you.

Loola - it is easy for syns to creep in when you are not keeping guard and I guess the weekend didn't help, despite your walking exploits. At least you have a clear head now the kids are back and can have a great week.

Well done Rod, fast on, fast off. Great that you are nearly back to your starting point so soon.

Back