TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

loolahoop said:
erm...free food?? even on SW bread, butter, jam and scones r not free food!!
and yes of course u can control urself, its only you that picks up the food and puts it in ur mouth, u have to remind urself y u are doingSW in teh 1st place, i assume to loose weight? n thats never gonna happen if u binge on bread, butter, jam and chips!!
do u plan ur meals in advance? or just kinda wing it during the day? x

Think she meant free as in cost ;)

catxscotch said:
Hi everyone, I read this thread every day but too scared to post...
Had a bread binge yesterday, I ata a scone, and 5 slices of bread covered in butter and jam altogether. It was free food, I cant control myself around free food, at least thats what I told myelf. But that's rubbish, of course I can control myself, I was just a greegy bi-atch. To finish off my carb fest I had a mountain of oven chips, even though I could have made SW chips if I really really needed chips, but no, just ate the OH's leftovers..like a dog.
I have now owned my bread binge, and Im moving on.
Sorry for the vent folks!!

Firstly hello, nice to 'see' you. Well done for posting and especially with a mammoth food fail like that took some guts. You read this every day so you knew what you was letting yourself in for by posting.

Firstly don't eat white anything, Unless it was grown that colour, processed white food is crap, it will make you feel crap and it will leave you wanting more, it's an addiction. Pleased you owned it, good girl. It's really really hard admitting you screwed up and this feeling will stay with you and I GUARANTEE that next time you reach for something naughty you'll think twice if you commit to confess. It just becomes not worth it.

I need to know more, I can't read your stats as on my phone so could you tell us what plan your on, how much you've lost, what you have left to lose, what your exercise plans are? What's your downfalls with food?

Hi everyone, yeah sorry, free food as in cost. i usually have my meals planned out, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I go to the gym/walk/run about 4 times per week. Yesterday I was sent away to work somewhere different, had an earlier start than usual, long drive and upset schedule. I obviously need my schedule as I tend to fall off the wagon when I have no control of my surroundings!! The chips were me feeeling sorry for myself. End of story. Today I'm having my teeth whitened, so white foods only.(Sorry Lou!!) I am planning chicken and rice, and no carbs for lunch.. Need to reign myself in!!

Im following the SW food plan, and have been having very slow weight loss, but Im happy enough with the way it has gone over the Summer, as I wasn't really willing to let my eating habits get in the way of having a good time! Now that Summer is over I would like to step it up a notch. The last time I did SW I lost over a stone from September to November, so I know I can do it, I just need to focus.
I don't feel I am particularly heavy, and all the exercise I do has left me quite toned. The things driving me are the fact Im taller and bulkier than my sisters who are 10 yrs older than me, and I'd like to be more petite like them. I am in the overweight category, so ultimately Id like to be a healthy weight!!

catxscotch said:
Hi everyone, yeah sorry, free food as in cost. i usually have my meals planned out, breakfast, lunch and dinner, and I go to the gym/walk/run about 4 times per week. Yesterday I was sent away to work somewhere different, had an earlier start than usual, long drive and upset schedule. I obviously need my schedule as I tend to fall off the wagon when I have no control of my surroundings!! The chips were me feeeling sorry for myself. End of story. Today I'm having my teeth whitened, so white foods only.(Sorry Lou!!) I am planning chicken and rice, and no carbs for lunch.. Need to reign myself in!!

Im following the SW food plan, and have been having very slow weight loss, but Im happy enough with the way it has gone over the Summer, as I wasn't really willing to let my eating habits get in the way of having a good time! Now that Summer is over I would like to step it up a notch. The last time I did SW I lost over a stone from September to November, so I know I can do it, I just need to focus.
I don't feel I am particularly heavy, and all the exercise I do has left me quite toned. The things driving me are the fact Im taller and bulkier than my sisters who are 10 yrs older than me, and I'd like to be more petite like them. I am in the overweight category, so ultimately Id like to be a healthy weight!!

I said no white food unless it was grown that way lol. I meant no white bread, pasta, noodles, rice. Chicken and potato and cauliflower would be a good option.

Think she meant free as in cost ;)

Doh! Haha, sorry. I've obviously been in the weightloss world for a while. I immediately thought slimming world. :D

We've all been there- generally a routine does help your weightloss, BUT another thing is planning. Did you get any advance warning of your change of location? If you do, next time sit down and plan your foods so that it doesn't come as a shock. If it was a surprise, just remind yourself that eating badly isn't going to help you control the situation any better! Quite the reverse in fact! :)

If you want to crank it up, have you thought about mixing SW with counting calories. A few of the Bassers do that to help keep their portions nicely sized. It's very easy to do with MyFitnessPal as an app on your phone or using their website. ^^

Sounds like you've got the exercise sorted which is awesome.

Did a run this evening and then went for a walk too (Had to get a phone number) so feeling good. Been fighting food cravings all day though. It's ladyfuntime so I've spent all day patiently telling myself that I do not really want or need the chocolate. But so far so good and I've only got an hour or so until bedtime so fairly confident I'll make it :D

Gosh it's quiet tonight! We must all be too busy exercising. I certainly have been, 60 lengths of the pool and a nice salmon and salad dinner. Night all!

Hello and welcome to the newbies :) don't forget that tough love works both ways so if someone steps out of line then u need to dish out tough love too!!

1lb off for me today so 1 more pesky lb til I join sue at target.

final lb of holiday bloat gone

PLUS an extra one!!

Had a great week on the plan plus a few walks and a cliff yomp last night

BOOM

come on sisters, lets drive it home and get back on the jazz

PLUS an extra one!!

BOOM

Well done Rod, nice once. Leading by example.

And you Sparty, glad your head is back in the right place and it seems to be bringing the losses with it. So close to target!!

Hello and welcome to the newbies :) don't forget that tough love works both ways so if someone steps out of line then u need to dish out tough love too!!

1lb off for me today so 1 more pesky lb til I join sue at target.

Fantastic Work Sparty! Well done you! Hopefully we can see you drop it (like it's hot) in the next week or so :D :D

PLUS an extra one!!

BOOM

Fantastic work Boss man! Just looked at your stats- you're doing so well. I was just thinking- I feel so different than I did a year, or even six months ago and I've come so far. Bet you feel the same too! :)

Well done on smashing the holiday weight Rod!! I weighed in this morning, thankfully Ive STS after my carb binge-fest..and smashed my 5km run last night beating my time by 3 minutes!! Onwards and Downwards!!

Well done on smashing the holiday weight Rod!! I weighed in this morning, thankfully Ive STS after my carb binge-fest..and smashed my 5km run last night beating my time by 3 minutes!! Onwards and Downwards!!

cheers and welcome

leave those nasty carbs alone

just think - you've STS with a carb binge

next time you face one, think that the STS could be a drop without it

and then look in the mirror

7lbs to go

we'll get you there

Back