TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

loolahoop said:
if this is the case then thats fine, all mine has ever been about is being happy and healthy and to have a healthy relationship with food. and btw u look amazing :) just dont let ur not eating/ making bad choiuces spiral, otherwise u will end up with more than 7lb to loose ;) just make sure ulook after urself as well as every1 else! x

I won't, I'm not snacking like I used to which is a massive achievement. I just need to start having breakfast dinner and tea but my body clock is all back to front and I don't feel hungry til late afternoon. Today I have had a banana for breakfast, for lunch I plan on having soup and for tea I have a healthy living meal. Then I'm out promoting my new business venture :) so no time for food and not around food THANK GOD.

Hi :)

I am on Slimming world, had a big breakkie of scrambled eggs and bacon and still needed to snack so opted for a good choice Banana and yoghurt (how boring though!)

Not long til Lunch now though x

Good work Lou!

Had an... odd week. I've had a couple of wobbles since coming back from Japan. An extra bowl of cereal on Saturday and Tuesday and I've not really been feeling like exercising. I think being out of my routine has knocked me a bit, but I've been on it for the past couple of days and I am feeling much better.

I've realised that my weight isn't the problem in my life- my eating is. My eating in Japan was, I think, a case of me eating a lot because I felt like I can't eat a lot when I'm home. Which is silly. I can actually eat whatever I like, but I choose not to because I want to be healthier and slimmer, right? I had this sudden realisation that the person depriving myself is uh, me but if I really want to go further, I need to change my thinking. I don't have to eat healthily, I don't have to exercise, but it's something I choose to do because I want to be healthier and feel better in myself. I'm going to try and keep this little shift in thinking in mind.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday :)

Good work Lou!

Had an... odd week. I've had a couple of wobbles since coming back from Japan. An extra bowl of cereal on Saturday and Tuesday and I've not really been feeling like exercising. I think being out of my routine has knocked me a bit, but I've been on it for the past couple of days and I am feeling much better.

I've realised that my weight isn't the problem in my life- my eating is. My eating in Japan was, I think, a case of me eating a lot because I felt like I can't eat a lot when I'm home. Which is silly. I can actually eat whatever I like, but I choose not to because I want to be healthier and slimmer, right? I had this sudden realisation that the person depriving myself is uh, me but if I really want to go further, I need to change my thinking. I don't have to eat healthily, I don't have to exercise, but it's something I choose to do because I want to be healthier and feel better in myself. I'm going to try and keep this little shift in thinking in mind.

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday :)

Good Morning,

I like the shift in thinking! I will remember that when i am falling off the wagon as they say, sometimes it feels like we are depriving ourselves because we have too and that makes it worse, I like the way you have turned that in its head! I want to be healthier to see my children grow up! so therefore need to think that is the reason I am choosing specific food types rather than I have too or I gain weight !

However, going away always seems to make people over eat just because we can ! :rolleyes:

Nikki x

Good Morning,

I like the shift in thinking! I will remember that when i am falling off the wagon as they say, sometimes it feels like we are depriving ourselves because we have too and that makes it worse, I like the way you have turned that in its head! I want to be healthier to see my children grow up! so therefore need to think that is the reason I am choosing specific food types rather than I have too or I gain weight !

However, going away always seems to make people over eat just because we can ! :rolleyes:

Nikki x

If you had asked me last week, I would have told you that I was treating myself. I wasn't. I was rebelling against the 'rules' on my eating in my day-to-day life. Recognising that it's a choice makes it a lot easier. This thinking is difficult to maintain but the more often you make an negative into a positive the more natural it becomes :)

Great post fl. your right it IS a choice. No one is forcing us to lose weight, were choosing to lose it. I'm finding that I can get into the swing of it and I'm fine for weeks or even months UNTIL I allow myself a 'treat' or 'weekend off' then it takes me literally weeks to pull myself around, I don't understand why, it's like I had a taste of what I like and I want more and more but I know I don't want to gain weight so have an internal battle with myself. I'm going through it at the minute. I want to get into the 9s but I'm finding it very hard to prioritise my healthy eating. It's not second nature anymore and it just feels too hard, then as soon as I say right I'm maintaining. I suddenly don't WANT to eat rubbish :/ and then get the desire back to
Lose weight. Work that out?

Great post fl. your right it IS a choice. No one is forcing us to lose weight, were choosing to lose it. I'm finding that I can get into the swing of it and I'm fine for weeks or even months UNTIL I allow myself a 'treat' or 'weekend off' then it takes me literally weeks to pull myself around, I don't understand why, it's like I had a taste of what I like and I want more and more but I know I don't want to gain weight so have an internal battle with myself. I'm going through it at the minute. I want to get into the 9s but I'm finding it very hard to prioritise my healthy eating. It's not second nature anymore and it just feels too hard, then as soon as I say right I'm maintaining. I suddenly don't WANT to eat rubbish :/ and then get the desire back to
Lose weight. Work that out?

The problem is that the TREATING tastes even better when you have not had it for ages! Then once you have tasted it all it reminds you of what your missing and bad habits return easily, maintaining is a bit more middle of the road so we know we can dip in the treat zone maybe a tiny bit more! the other is being stricter and not so appealing :devilangel:

So Maybe that's why you feel it is hard to get back into it. I am now on the cusp of getting into the 9's but it just seems so far away, looking at your weight loss so far you have achieved so much and they say it gets harder the closer to target you get.... they were not kidding, but I am looking forward to the day that number 10 drops to a number 9 :clap:

I've struggled all the way through. My weight loss comes when I am motivated. If I'm not I plateau for ages. I'm fighting it today, but get this, I'm a daily weighed now as it helps me not to gain a massive amount but yesterday I was 10.6 today I'm 10.7? Yet yesterday I was the healthiest I've been in ages?? It's given me a kick up the ass. I'm haveing chicken and bean casserole for tea and have had breakfast AND dinner and done 2 hours cleaning for exercise. Hopefully tomorrow will show a drop again x

Ok. Forgive me bassers for I have sinned. I'm out of control. I don't care but I need to care and I do care deep down or I wouldn't be here. I don't want a telling off or a reminder of posts I've made I need a reason to not eat the contents of my fridge. I need help. I'm now 14 pound away from the weight I need to be in 8 weeks time and I can't stop feeling like I don't care about my weight. I need inspiration and a kick I the bum. Enough is enough. I sank so low I was buying chunks out the bloody cheese like an animal. I did however put the half made pasta n sauce in the fridge but not before cheese gate and eating ; slices of nimble bread. Aargh help

conlou1 said:
Ok. Forgive me bassers for I have sinned. I'm out of control. I don't care but I need to care and I do care deep down or I wouldn't be here. I don't want a telling off or a reminder of posts I've made I need a reason to not eat the contents of my fridge. I need help. I'm now 14 pound away from the weight I need to be in 8 weeks time and I can't stop feeling like I don't care about my weight. I need inspiration and a kick I the bum. Enough is enough. I sank so low I was buying chunks out the bloody cheese like an animal. I did however put the half made pasta n sauce in the fridge but not before cheese gate and eating ; slices of nimble bread. Aargh help

Well done on putting some food back and it posting here.

You have forgotten the reasons you are doing this. You know them but the fact is you have come so far that they seem less important than they did a few stone ago.

I want you to do three things. Right down a list of things you have accomplished on this journey and take some time to feel proud of yourself. You have done so well. Then write down all the reasons you have now to lose weight. Write down a list of things that you still want to achieve and then stick them on the fridge and try to read them before you eat.

And remember, you have the power to make good or bad.decisions. It's up to you!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Good Lord, Lou. You have to sort this out. Why have you got a fridge full of cheese?

Don't buy anything that YOU CAN'T EAT for a week or 3 to get you back. It won't do your husband or children any harm eat nothing but healthy meals. You young ones forget that when the likes of me was young, there was only healthy in the house as most or the carp you buy in the supermarkets didn't exist - supermarkets didn't exist!!!
Only buy wholemeal bread - you can have 2 slices a day. When the kids come in hungry, if they want a snack they can have a slice of bread and jam/honey/dripping, or a yogurt or an apple. Same for Hubby. Just don't have the bad stuff in the house. You'll save a packet too.

thanks guys...ill do the list, and ill post it here if thats ok...honestly i dont know whats wrong with me, im not usually like this at all, i was really hungry so had a little sandwich with numble bread which would have been fine, but then i had another and then i started eating the bloody stilton cheese in the fridge...i arent buying it anymore, im gonna buy that cheapo cheese for hubby and the kids cos i cant stand cheap cheese, i will do a shop and im going to clear out the crap...to be fair to myself i dont buy that much crap i outlawed choccie bars and biscuits a long time ago and hubby and son have cereal bars in their pack up, which im not bothered about eating. i inputted all the cals i had yesterday and net cals were 1800ish, before exercise 2200, not the end of the world but im adding a bit every day and its adding up, i feel bigger, and the scales are going up. im going to weigh in today and use this as a start point....i dont normally go in for the draw a line under it technique but i think berating myself about the crap ive been eating is demotivational and im just thinking...one more day wont hurt. i went through this a while back and managed to pull myself around and lost half a stone more, so i know i can do it....im so ashamed of myself for getting out of control like that, it is just food ffs....maybe its good that im mad with myself. im not i repeat NOT going to slip today, i am going to prove to the nagging fat b1tch in my head that im stronger than her lol, im cutting cals to 1200 for the rest of this week to try limit the damage i have done. i think the pther mistake i made was trying to switch to sw, so i got into the 'free food' mind set (yes i know cheese isnt free lol) but then was eating foods that werent free, and ive been confusing myself, im going to stick with cal counting, it works, its hard but it works. thankyou for the advice guys, sorry to be a pain...again lol

Well done on putting some food back and it posting here.

You have forgotten the reasons you are doing this. You know them but the fact is you have come so far that they seem less important than they did a few stone ago.

I want you to do three things. Right down a list of things you have accomplished on this journey and take some time to feel proud of yourself. You have done so well. Then write down all the reasons you have now to lose weight. Write down a list of things that you still want to achieve and then stick them on the fridge and try to read them before you eat.

And remember, you have the power to make good or bad.decisions. It's up to you!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

ok so this was harder than i thought!! but heres smy list

things i have achieved so far:
a loss of around 3 and a half stone
dropped 3 dress sizes
fit into a dress i havent fit in for 4 years
got my bmi well within healthy range
able to run up the stairs without my legs feeling like theyre going to fall off
am able to walk miles and not feel exhausted
taking more pride in my appearance as i feel better in myself

reasons i want to lose more weight:
to fit into a size 10
to get rid of all those stubborn wobbly bits
to feel healthier and lighter on my feet
to prove to myself i can do it

right....i just realised whilst writing that, that i miss running.....im going to sit with a diary and start managing my time better....i think this is an issue atm, im just fumbling through and the lack of control and routine is really messing me up, i think if i had a daily planner to work to...e.g. get up at 6am, go for a run, get showered, have breakfast, 12.30pm have dinner, clean the house for 30 minutes, 4pm have tea..4.30 go to work, 10pm get home, have a wind down for 30 minutes then bed. i really want to incorporate some exercise into my day and going before hubby goes to work is the only time i can realistically fit it in...but i REALLY like my sleep and getting up at 6 to go for a run will be a massive challenge. how do you all manage your time? do you muddle through or do you plan times to do activities?

i think im in love with you after reading that first post... your awesome!!!

i love how you said "if you eat kids leftovers and its bad food, why are you feeding it to your kids".... thats so freakin true!!.

I've been much better since my last post. Had 3 meals today, didn't snack at work, didn't bring food home, and biked there and back. Did a shop finally and got lots of fruit and veg.

How's everyone else's weekend?

Great work Lou!

Had a good weekend! I went to a Lantern Festival and did heaps of walking and had a busy day cleaning my place yesterday. I also went through my clothes sorting out what fits and what doesn't and I now have a sizeable amount to throw or give away!

Weighed this morning and have lost 1.2lbs this week which I am quite pleased with. Only 0.8lbs until I have lost all of my Japan gain and feeling positive! :)

And welcome Titanium! ^_^ The first post really is something, isn't it? Haha.

Back