TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

4 pound OFF WOOO
wow lou!!!! what an amazing loss!!! really well done! x

Sorry not been posting having a bad time n just cant seem to get my head into anything at the mo gunna take a break n try n find my focus x

Hi all, haven't been posting much myself as had surgery which knocked me for six a bit, then had a bereavement this week too, but have decided I'm back on track from tomorrow doing SW.

That said I haven't been stupid this week, got weighed Sunday and had sts which was great, it'd be good if I could do the same this Sunday though.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

:( hope ur both ok! x

not really much to report here! just been gettin on with it, been quite busy with kids etc, missed WI this week though :( had to go to dentist and couldnt get back in time (1hr 10 mins on bus) but thats ok, just means a double loss (hopefully) next week! been gettin on with the shred and i just got jillian michaels body revolution which ill start when ive finished the shred :) and omg, for teh first time im actually starting to get some muscle definition in my arms! gonna be looking like arnie soon hahaha! x

loolahoop said:
wow lou!!!! what an amazing loss!!! really well done! x

:( hope ur both ok! x

not really much to report here! just been gettin on with it, been quite busy with kids etc, missed WI this week though :( had to go to dentist and couldnt get back in time (1hr 10 mins on bus) but thats ok, just means a double loss (hopefully) next week! been gettin on with the shred and i just got jillian michaels body revolution which ill start when ive finished the shred :) and omg, for teh first time im actually starting to get some muscle definition in my arms! gonna be looking like arnie soon hahaha! x

Thanks :) had a rubbish 2 days food wise though, no excuse I just wanted to eat buns and have some wine. Back on the wagon today got a free curry left over from last night packed with super free veg so that's dinner sorted! And just fruit for brekkie today to try undo my naughtiness. I knew making cupcakes was a bad idea lol

Ooh I love the 30 day shred, really struggle to get chance to do it though.

I'm really missing my exercise, my surgery was on my neck so am thinking if I can drive next week Zi might try going to the gym and just doing some cycling/walking on treadmill etc to ease myself into it..

Food wise I'm feeling positive today, despite having a bad couple of weeks I have remained reasonably sensible with food and haven't binged or eaten everything in sight, my clothes are getting loser and jeans etc are too big, and my mindset has def improved, so even when wobbling I'm more likely to STS than gain.

I wanted to lose 30lbs by Xmas and need to lose 13.5 lbs to do that which feels manageable if I have 2 months of being totally focussed. I know that having my thyroid op may affect my losses, but even so I'm hoping to hit that target, which means I'll be just over 14st for the first time in about 2.5 years ( I remember I was about that weight when my son was a tiny baby) and think once I get to that point I'll be thinking 2-3 stone to lose rather than 5, which just feels more manageable.

I'd love to hit target by next summer :)

:(I'm back, havent been able to stay on plan since thursday last week. I am at my mums and start off everyday really good and than end up so bad that im so ashamed off myself i end up in a worse binge. I thought i would be ok at my mums but since my dad has died in june everytme i come here i cant cope because everything just overwhelms me and i turn to my old comfort of food. I really dont know what to do i am trying but i just cant do it when i see my dad empty bed:cry:

:(I'm back, havent been able to stay on plan since thursday last week. I am at my mums and start off everyday really good and than end up so bad that im so ashamed off myself i end up in a worse binge. I thought i would be ok at my mums but since my dad has died in june everytme i come here i cant cope because everything just overwhelms me and i turn to my old comfort of food. I really dont know what to do i am trying but i just cant do it when i see my dad empty bed:cry:

Safia - I am so sorry to hear of this loss and it must be very painful to be at your mum's... how long are you there for? I wish I knew what to say that could help. I guess only that as emotional binge eaters, we need to find other coping strategies than our old "frienemy" AKA food. This is something I too am working on. Last night I have made a list of 15 "alternative activities" that I have to try before resorting to food. Hopefully one or two of them will work. Don't be too hard on yourself though, bereavement is one of the biggest hurts we face in life.

As for my update: I fell off the wagon in a bad way last night. It might sound twisted, but since i have been labelled as having a "binge eating disorder" I have been using it as an excuse to binge. I had this thing beat, and now I am lying to myself. "Don't deprive yourself" = "eat what you want" in my food-obsessed mind. Its like the episode of South Park where Randy Marsh joins AA and starts drinking more, going around saying "its not my fault, its a disease"... and I don't want to be like Randy! :) I had beaten this thing for such a long time, literally until I started hearing from the eating disorder service again. Its bizarre behaviour for this to trigger more binge eating, but I am just being honest. I have lied my whole life to excuse overeating, and I'm just fed up of doing it. Excuses are pathetic, you either do or don't is the bottom line.

Anyway... I know this will conflict with a lot of what my support group are saying, but I am rejoining SW tonight. I had a friend coming for dinner, which I have now cancelled.

I'm really sorry this is happening Safia. Have you talked to anyone in RL about how this is making you feel? If your Mum lives nearby, maybe you should only go over for a short amount of time and build it up? If she lives far away and you have to stay there, then you're going to have to find ways to deal with it. Eating poorly is only making you feel worse about yourself and compounding your negative feelings. I would really suggest going for a walk when you feel overwhelmed by the negativity- and grief is something you really need to talk about so make sure you're telling people how you are feeling rather than expressing it through food.

Lottiebird, you have to do what's right for you. If you feel better with SW then go for. You know yourself best.

I must confess to not eating particularly well lately, though I have felt generally lost since I got back from Japan. It's been a case of a couple days on plan, a couple days off and so on and so forth. I think a large part of it has been some negative stuff going on in my life and generally feeling a little unmotivated. I've lost 2 and a bit stone, and I'm feeling good but it still seems like a long way to go. I only got bored with my exercise before Japan.

However, my friend has asked me to do the 30 Day Shred with her this November so I'm giving it ago. I'm 2 sessions down now, my arms are on fire but I'm actually feeling calmer than I have in a while. I'm going home for Christmas which has really cheered me up and my food the past couple of days has been great. I am taking it a day at a time but I am hoping that the 30 Day focus will help motivate me and keep me on track. There are officially 49 days until I head home for Christmas. If I keep at it, I know I can be in the 11s by then!!

Anyway, my cravings are really bad right now so off to tackle some things on my to do list in the hope that it'll keep me on the straight and narrow. Lou, Sparty, Loola, Bonnie, Rod, Sue, India, Emma and everyone else who I have forgotten (Sorry!), I hope you are all doing well. Keep Fighting!

I'm really sorry this is happening Safia. Have you talked to anyone in RL about how this is making you feel? If your Mum lives nearby, maybe you should only go over for a short amount of time and build it up? If she lives far away and you have to stay there, then you're going to have to find ways to deal with it. Eating poorly is only making you feel worse about yourself and compounding your negative feelings. I would really suggest going for a walk when you feel overwhelmed by the negativity- and grief is something you really need to talk about so make sure you're telling people how you are feeling rather than expressing it through food.

Lottiebird, you have to do what's right for you. If you feel better with SW then go for. You know yourself best.

I must confess to not eating particularly well lately, though I have felt generally lost since I got back from Japan. It's been a case of a couple days on plan, a couple days off and so on and so forth. I think a large part of it has been some negative stuff going on in my life and generally feeling a little unmotivated. I've lost 2 and a bit stone, and I'm feeling good but it still seems like a long way to go. I only got bored with my exercise before Japan.

However, my friend has asked me to do the 30 Day Shred with her this November so I'm giving it ago. I'm 2 sessions down now, my arms are on fire but I'm actually feeling calmer than I have in a while. I'm going home for Christmas which has really cheered me up and my food the past couple of days has been great. I am taking it a day at a time but I am hoping that the 30 Day focus will help motivate me and keep me on track. There are officially 49 days until I head home for Christmas. If I keep at it, I know I can be in the 11s by then!!

Anyway, my cravings are really bad right now so off to tackle some things on my to do list in the hope that it'll keep me on the straight and narrow. Lou, Sparty, Loola, Bonnie, Rod, Sue, India, Emma and everyone else who I have forgotten (Sorry!), I hope you are all doing well. Keep Fighting!

FL i think when youve been on holiday its really hard to feel committed straight after you get back, so the holiday eating continues then its even harder to get back to eating healthy. we allow ourselves to relax when on holiday and say 'when i get back ill get straight back to it' expecting to feel suddenly satisfied by a week of binging, but what e dont realise is that actually having a week 'off' has the opposite effect, it doesnt leave us feeling satisfied, it gives us cravings and makes us lazy then getting back to it is actually 3 times harder than when we were just following it in the first place, im really beginning to see a pattern with this, as everyone who is off track has gone off track as they allowed themselves time off for a holiday, or because something has been happening in their lives to make it harder to plan, its almost like we see eating well as a punishment and allowing ourselves to go off plan as a treat, it feels naughty and then because we havent gone off for a while, we try to cram as many of the foods we like in, in a short period of time resulting in sugar rushes, energy slumps, stretching our stomachs and feeling generally rubbish mentally and physically. what im asking myself is 'is it worth it?' having a treat isnt really a treat, its greed. i WANT to eat burgers, chips, kebabs, chocolate, buns etc because they taste nice...thats it, its as simple as that, i love the taste. BUT i dont love feeling weak, greedy, fat, unhealthy, depressed and everything else that comes along with it....so i ask myself and all you people struggling with this issue right now 'is it worth it?'

ive been so busy, planning my food has been too difficult..so i thought, but i didn t find it too difficult to drink wine, eat takeaway (which i waited an hour for, in which time i could have cooked a huge meal) bake buns etcetc, i made excuses and its only been this morning when ive been reading this thread that ive actually realised thats what im doing. i mean come on guys...its just bloody food, weve turned into a right bunch of whingey excuse ridden whiners!! (some are going through genuine tough stuff and im not calling you whiners because of that, im purely talking food issues here) enough is enough, we know what we should and shouldnt be doing, lets crack on and do it...do we want to lose weight or not? if you want to eat rubbish then jog off and eat it and get fat, dont just moan about eating rubbish while sat eating crap not moving or doing any exercise, if you want to lose weight then get off your butt, stop moping and feeling sorry for yourself and start eating the right foods, fight through the cravings, no one puts the food in our mouths...we do it to ourselves so we can choose to stop...and after 3 days clean living the cravings will stop...and i suggest this (im saying this to myself too) NO BREAKS FROM EATING HEALTHY, NO WEEKS OFF, NO DIET PAUSES, JUST EATING HEALTHY AND HAVING EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. going on a binge has not proved beneficial to one single person and right now were all in danger of sinking this thread with all our extra weight gains. im committing to sw properly, im out on saturday BUT im not going to talk myself into it being hard, it isnt hard, ill work my food out for the day, work my drinks out for the night and bloody well stick to it, i put 4 dresses on yesterday that id bought in a size 12 and they were all tight I AM NOT GOING BACK INTO A 14. right im off to do my shopping and make a food plan. im doing this even if i have to do it alone, but it would be nice if you all joined me and turned this around. come on guys, its only as hard as we tell ourselves it is, ITS JUST FOOD, and the battle is only in our heads.

conlou1 said:
FL i think when youve been on holiday its really hard to feel committed straight after you get back, so the holiday eating continues then its even harder to get back to eating healthy. we allow ourselves to relax when on holiday and say 'when i get back ill get straight back to it' expecting to feel suddenly satisfied by a week of binging, but what e dont realise is that actually having a week 'off' has the opposite effect, it doesnt leave us feeling satisfied, it gives us cravings and makes us lazy then getting back to it is actually 3 times harder than when we were just following it in the first place, im really beginning to see a pattern with this, as everyone who is off track has gone off track as they allowed themselves time off for a holiday, or because something has been happening in their lives to make it harder to plan, its almost like we see eating well as a punishment and allowing ourselves to go off plan as a treat, it feels naughty and then because we havent gone off for a while, we try to cram as many of the foods we like in, in a short period of time resulting in sugar rushes, energy slumps, stretching our stomachs and feeling generally rubbish mentally and physically. what im asking myself is 'is it worth it?' having a treat isnt really a treat, its greed. i WANT to eat burgers, chips, kebabs, chocolate, buns etc because they taste nice...thats it, its as simple as that, i love the taste. BUT i dont love feeling weak, greedy, fat, unhealthy, depressed and everything else that comes along with it....so i ask myself and all you people struggling with this issue right now 'is it worth it?'

ive been so busy, planning my food has been too difficult..so i thought, but i didn t find it too difficult to drink wine, eat takeaway (which i waited an hour for, in which time i could have cooked a huge meal) bake buns etcetc, i made excuses and its only been this morning when ive been reading this thread that ive actually realised thats what im doing. i mean come on guys...its just bloody food, weve turned into a right bunch of whingey excuse ridden whiners!! (some are going through genuine tough stuff and im not calling you whiners because of that, im purely talking food issues here) enough is enough, we know what we should and shouldnt be doing, lets crack on and do it...do we want to lose weight or not? if you want to eat rubbish then jog off and eat it and get fat, dont just moan about eating rubbish while sat eating crap not moving or doing any exercise, if you want to lose weight then get off your butt, stop moping and feeling sorry for yourself and start eating the right foods, fight through the cravings, no one puts the food in our mouths...we do it to ourselves so we can choose to stop...and after 3 days clean living the cravings will stop...and i suggest this (im saying this to myself too) NO BREAKS FROM EATING HEALTHY, NO WEEKS OFF, NO DIET PAUSES, JUST EATING HEALTHY AND HAVING EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. going on a binge has not proved beneficial to one single person and right now were all in danger of sinking this thread with all our extra weight gains. im committing to sw properly, im out on saturday BUT im not going to talk myself into it being hard, it isnt hard, ill work my food out for the day, work my drinks out for the night and bloody well stick to it, i put 4 dresses on yesterday that id bought in a size 12 and they were all tight I AM NOT GOING BACK INTO A 14. right im off to do my shopping and make a food plan. im doing this even if i have to do it alone, but it would be nice if you all joined me and turned this around. come on guys, its only as hard as we tell ourselves it is, ITS JUST FOOD, and the battle is only in our heads.

Woah Lou! Haha! Definitely needed to read this today.

Anyway, you are 100% correct. I think the holiday started it and I think you are right about needing to stop thinking of it as an excuse to eat what you want. It is possible to eat things in moderation. You are right about feeling bad too. My skin looks terrible this week and I have felt so lethargic.

I am committing myself to shifting some serious weight this month. I am with Lou- too much whining, not enough doing here. We can all do it and Christmas is a few weeks away! Let's do this!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

faery_lights said:
Woah Lou! Haha! Definitely needed to read this today.

Anyway, you are 100% correct. I think the holiday started it and I think you are right about needing to stop thinking of it as an excuse to eat what you want. It is possible to eat things in moderation. You are right about feeling bad too. My skin looks terrible this week and I have felt so lethargic.

I am committing myself to shifting some serious weight this month. I am with Lou- too much whining, not enough doing here. We can all do it and Christmas is a few weeks away! Let's do this!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I need a good 10 pound off in 6 weeks, I HAVE to be committed now. I'm determined, it's daft that its taken me all this time to realise having a break actually throws me off course for weeks. I'm only just getting over the hen do a month ago.

conlou1 said:
I need a good 10 pound off in 6 weeks, I HAVE to be committed now. I'm determined, it's daft that its taken me all this time to realise having a break actually throws me off course for weeks. I'm only just getting over the hen do a month ago.

I'm in, want to have lost 30lbs by Xmas in total so need to be 100% as am also half a thyroid short now! Am up for staying on plan 100% until I get there

Well said Lou! It's about time we got this thread back on track! Without rod on our backs this had all got too chatty.

I have struggled like you faery, once I have a break I can't get back on the wagon. Come on girl - you CAN do this!!

One week til my holiday and I want a loss before I go!

I'm not having a break over the holiday and I won't be stuffing my face with bad food. No reason not to embrace Thai food well cooked - fresh fish and veggies, rice, meat and soups. It doesn't need to be all fried rubbish!

So this week I am bang on it to get rid of some bloat and detox a bit! Starting now!!

I won't be going home till Sunday and it can't come soon enough. I am trying to stay on plan but it's just not working for me right now. I have tried counselling before for separate issues but it didn't work for me so I doubt it will work for me now. My dads death is still so fresh and he had such a presence about him That the house is so empty and colourless, it will take me a while to get over it. My mum lives over an hour away from me so I usually stay for a week or 2with the children to cheer her up. I would stay for less but I feel really guilty because seeing my children is the only thing making her go on.
I'm dreading the damage I have caused after this visit will find out fully on Monday morning and will be on plan 100% as I will be in my own home. I think I was too cocky before I came to my mums thinking I could cope but I couldn't so need to work on my emotions and binging at my mums:(

Well, I just shocked myself! Using my memory and MFP, I worked out how many days I managed to stay on plan in October. Want to know how many? 14! And the longest stint was only four days!

Looking at it like that has given me a totally different perspective. I've really let myself down here and I am disappointed in myself. I didn't realise it had gotten so bad. My major area of weakness was the weekend, so I'm definitely aiming to make it through the weekend without binging and overeating. (I promise!!) I used my holiday as an excuse to over-eat and then I went crazy. Quite aside from not wanting to un-do all the work I've put in so far, I really have to think about how this affects my mental and physical health. It makes me feel bad about myself and has so many negative consequences. Why have I been doing this to myself?

No excuses. I did it. But it's done now. Over 50% of a month off plan is not acceptable. Admitting to you guys that I messed up this badly is incredibly hard for me- I am very ashamed of myself. But I am doing it because I know if I hide it, I'm actually just hiding it from myself. I am facing up to this, accepting the consequences and moving forward. I will not let this happen again.

This month, it is time to get serious and refocus on my goals. I know I can do this. It's just a matter of getting it done.

Safia I'm really sorry u lost ur dad. I lost my mum when I was 9 and it's an awful thing to go through. Only someone who has been through it can understand the loss and although it's been nearly 20 years now for me it still hurts deeply.

But missing ur dad is no reason to stuff yourself full of nasty food. How about u cook for ur mum and she can entertain the kids for you - then you can make up a SW dinner without feeling like you are hassling her. A chilli is really quick and easy - and not easy to tell its diet food. You can make enough to have for lunch the next day too and there you have it - 2 SW friendly meals easy as A. Ask for tons of veg with each dinner and fill up on that. Buy some fruit for breakfasts.

There are ways you can limit the damage and it will give you something to focus on instead of ur grief. How about going for some walks together to get ur mum out of the house and get some exercise and fresh air?! This time of year is brilliant for a walk in the woods.

Just stick with it safia and you will thank yourself later. Use it as an opportunity to be in control if something since you aren't able to deal with your grief yet. As for counselling, didn't work for me either but ur friends will be a better ear to you than a stranger. Talk to people you are close to about it and you will learn how to begin to cope with it all. It's overwhelming but you can get past this raw stage and you CAN cope! Xx

Safia, Sparty has given great advice, nothing to add to that really, I totally agree with her that going off plan isn't going to help anything, In fact it's likely to lower your mood further.

Fl glad you fessed up, it's hard to admit your failing at something as then it means you have to do something about it. These holidays and weekends off have been a really bad thing as we all seem to have used it as an excuse to fall off the wagon head first into a pile of crap food. We either learn from thus or carry on making the same mistakes and going through the same crap over and over.

I'm making some pledges:
I WILL BE IN THE 9's BY DECEMBER 15th
I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE A WEEK 'OFF' IN DECEMBER, ALL FOOD WILL BE ACCOUNTED FOR
I WILL REACH MY GOAL OF 9 STONE BY MY BIRTHDAY IN JULY NEXT YEAR.

This weekends pledge is to plan my food and drinks, I'm out tonight, it's always my downfall, ill be honest I'm nervous, alcohol is my downfall. I'm going to drink gin and slim line tonic, I'm avoiding wine, and I'm going to make some food for when I get home.

conlou1 said:
Safia, Sparty has given great advice, nothing to add to that really, I totally agree with her that going off plan isn't going to help anything, In fact it's likely to lower your mood further.

Fl glad you fessed up, it's hard to admit your failing at something as then it means you have to do something about it. These holidays and weekends off have been a really bad thing as we all seem to have used it as an excuse to fall off the wagon head first into a pile of crap food. We either learn from thus or carry on making the same mistakes and going through the same crap over and over.

I'm making some pledges:
I WILL BE IN THE 9's BY DECEMBER 15th
I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE A WEEK 'OFF' IN DECEMBER, ALL FOOD WILL BE ACCOUNTED FOR
I WILL REACH MY GOAL OF 9 STONE BY MY BIRTHDAY IN JULY NEXT YEAR.

This weekends pledge is to plan my food and drinks, I'm out tonight, it's always my downfall, ill be honest I'm nervous, alcohol is my downfall. I'm going to drink gin and slim line tonic, I'm avoiding wine, and I'm going to make some food for when I get home.

Ooh repeating myself...that's before a drink ;)

Great job Hells!

Safia, I missed your post last time, I want to back up what Sparty said. She's given you some great advice. And remember, YOU are in control. I know how it can feel when you feel out of control with your eating- you feel like you have to eat even though a part of you doesn't want to. Listen to that part as much as you can and try and find other things to do.

I am having a Bonfire Night Party tomorrow but have planned very well. I am serving Roast Chicken with Baked Potatoes, Salad, Veggies, Baked Beans and a few other nibbles. I know I can't have sweet stuff in the house so I am going to buy a tub of Ice Cream tomorrow after school and that way I won't be tempted to eat it before. I also bought some Satsumas as a healthy alternative, so I think I'll eat those instead.

Today marks the fourth day in a row I have stuck to plan- four days into November and I am already matching my longest 'run' of sticking to plan since September. I do feel better and more rational about things, though the eating badly is catching up with me. I have felt so lethargic in the mornings the past couple of days. Not good. Anyway, off to do Day 4 of the 30 Day Shred! Jillian is kicking my bum! I had sore arms yesterday and today my legs are sore. Still, it's all worth it, I'm sure :)

Sounds like you have a good plan for the party FL :) I was off plan weds for OH's birthday ( although actually was quite sensible despite being over SW syns) so this is day 4 of being 100% too.

I WI this morning, I've somehow ended up weighing on a Sunday last few weeks as my op was a Monday and I got weighed the day before, but might shift back to a Thursday which was my original day, I felt really bloated this morning so wasn't hopeful, but had lost a 1lb, which I'm happy with as in the last 2 weeks I've barely moved, and between my op and my Grandad dying I've probably only been 70% on plan, plus I still have swelling/fluid around my scar so 1lb I'm happy with all things considered.

I keep thinking my loss is really slow, but I've lost 16.5lbs over 3 months, and that's with wobbles, so even if I did that for a year I'd still get to goal.

Back