TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

hells2012sw said:
Sounds like you have a good plan for the party FL :) I was off plan weds for OH's birthday ( although actually was quite sensible despite being over SW syns) so this is day 4 of being 100% too.

I WI this morning, I've somehow ended up weighing on a Sunday last few weeks as my op was a Monday and I got weighed the day before, but might shift back to a Thursday which was my original day, I felt really bloated this morning so wasn't hopeful, but had lost a 1lb, which I'm happy with as in the last 2 weeks I've barely moved, and between my op and my Grandad dying I've probably only been 70% on plan, plus I still have swelling/fluid around my scar so 1lb I'm happy with all things considered.

I keep thinking my loss is really slow, but I've lost 16.5lbs over 3 months, and that's with wobbles, so even if I did that for a year I'd still get to goal.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's just over a pound a week which is a steady healthy rate to lose weight, a pound a week is 52 pound a year, which is 3 stone 8 pounds....that's a massive weight loss in one year, it took me 18 months to lose that!! Stay strong and don't let impatience knock you off track

well done on getting straight back on it after a night out lou! i never seem to stick to my plan when i go out drinking! lol damn alcohol has a lot to answer for!
i fort i had had a bad weekend, went to my mums for fireworks and hotdogs (she lives 100 mile away) and was gonna take salmon with me but forgot! so had 1 sausage for dinner that night :( had 9 syns left so hoping that was ok! i dont think theres many sausages over 9 syns per sausage! lol
then today (still at mums) she had nothing suitable for breakfast, so i skipped it and just had a coffee, then for lunch my sisters took us to nandos, n i had chicken, rice and corn on cob, ok, so no superfree, but the meal only come to 6 syns! (tasted a LOT more! lol) and we have not long been back home, so just had a quick fry-up for dinner, not too much on the free food, trying to compensate for lunch, so 1 poached egg and 1 rasher of bacon (fat removed) and plate mainly full of tinned tomatoes and mushrooms. so when i wrote it down, i dont thinkit was in fact too bad!
i forgot to mention before, coz i couldnt make WI on tues i wnet n weighed myself up tesco and according to them i STS (this was tues afternoon) and even though annoyed at myself for the binge the week before, im ok with that as expected at least a small gain, but my run of not a single gain so far is still in tact and hoping for a loss this week! :) oh and on day 12 of the shred! :) x

loolahoop said:
well done on getting straight back on it after a night out lou! i never seem to stick to my plan when i go out drinking! lol damn alcohol has a lot to answer for!
i fort i had had a bad weekend, went to my mums for fireworks and hotdogs (she lives 100 mile away) and was gonna take salmon with me but forgot! so had 1 sausage for dinner that night :( had 9 syns left so hoping that was ok! i dont think theres many sausages over 9 syns per sausage! lol
then today (still at mums) she had nothing suitable for breakfast, so i skipped it and just had a coffee, then for lunch my sisters took us to nandos, n i had chicken, rice and corn on cob, ok, so no superfree, but the meal only come to 6 syns! (tasted a LOT more! lol) and we have not long been back home, so just had a quick fry-up for dinner, not too much on the free food, trying to compensate for lunch, so 1 poached egg and 1 rasher of bacon (fat removed) and plate mainly full of tinned tomatoes and mushrooms. so when i wrote it down, i dont thinkit was in fact too bad!
i forgot to mention before, coz i couldnt make WI on tues i wnet n weighed myself up tesco and according to them i STS (this was tues afternoon) and even though annoyed at myself for the binge the week before, im ok with that as expected at least a small gain, but my run of not a single gain so far is still in tact and hoping for a loss this week! :) oh and on day 12 of the shred! :) x

That sounds really good. Your syns are there for a reason. Don't get into the mindset of panicking if you use them. Sausage wise, just had a quick look, morrisons and marksys are the highest at 9 each but they're extra thick, most are between 5 and 7.5, so I wouldn't worry.

Thanks Conlou and well done both on managing the weekend without going off the rails.

Loola, I've been using all my syns the last few days, but I also log on MFP, more to keep track than anything, and use that as a guide as well, and don't get too hung up on my syns and using all 15 if I can see my cals/fat aren't too high.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great News guys! 3.4lbs lost this week! Woohoo!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I just had a great wee laugh looking at this thread - the very first post is priceless.
Tough love indeed is needed and a good kick up the ass when we have shovelled in that chocolate bar without even stopping to think so I reckon I'll be popping in here a little bit :)
I had a friend who piled on the weight and kept going on various diets but everytime I went round she suggested pizza and cream cakes for dinner....I should have maybe given out some tough love myself but I was more than happy to scoff them and hence why I am in a forum for dieters!!

We all know eating less and exercising more is the key to weight loss, but its just too easy to blame other things. Stress, emotion, blah blah blah....my SW consultant has got a mantra stuck in my head - Do you want it or do you want it?? Stop and ask it everytime you want something bad. It seriously helps, although sometimes the 'want' wins!!!

Well done Lou and FL :)

I've just ordered a 30 day shred DVD. When I get back from holiday it's exactly 30 days til Xmas so with a bit of effort I can get myself trim for the big day.

I also have a wedding on 29th December and the bride is a size 4!!!! No bingo wings for this bridesmaid if you please!!

Jodes said:
I just had a great wee laugh looking at this thread - the very first post is priceless.
Tough love indeed is needed and a good kick up the ass when we have shovelled in that chocolate bar without even stopping to think so I reckon I'll be popping in here a little bit :)
I had a friend who piled on the weight and kept going on various diets but everytime I went round she suggested pizza and cream cakes for dinner....I should have maybe given out some tough love myself but I was more than happy to scoff them and hence why I am in a forum for dieters!!

We all know eating less and exercising more is the key to weight loss, but its just too easy to blame other things. Stress, emotion, blah blah blah....my SW consultant has got a mantra stuck in my head - Do you want it or do you want it?? Stop and ask it everytime you want something bad. It seriously helps, although sometimes the 'want' wins!!!

Welcome to TL. Tell us a bit about how you have done so far and what your weaknesses are

Well done Lou and FL :)

I've just ordered a 30 day shred DVD. When I get back from holiday it's exactly 30 days til Xmas so with a bit of effort I can get myself trim for the big day.

I also have a wedding on 29th December and the bride is a size 4!!!! No bingo wings for this bridesmaid if you please!!
size 4?! lol i dont even think my leg is that small!!! good luck with the shred, it is great for toning! :)X

Got weighed in my scales this morning. Showing a 2 pound gain which when I go for official weigh in tomorrow at the end if the day wearing clothes is likely to be a lot more. But I'm not gonna freak out, I was rubbish Tuesday, Wednesday and then Saturday night had extra drinks so I knew I'd gain. Been back on it since sat night though and today and tomorrow I'm really limiting syns. This week I have non alcoholic plans and am working my butt off so I will have a loss next week. I'm going to make some quiches today as they're free and good to have when I'm in a rush

Welcome to TL. Tell us a bit about how you have done so far and what your weaknesses are

I am a continual restarter on SW, i always lose a stone then bounce around. I definately feel in a place now though that i am going to break that cycle. I 'should' be a twiglet with what i tell people, cuz i exercise really hard, running like 4 times a week and stick to the plan but what i dont tell people is the sneaky chocolate bars i eat too ! I recognise this as why im bouncing around the same weight but i think recognising it and owning up to little binges is the best way to overcome it.

Iv also changed my diet to gluten free due to lots of stomach issues so im hoping my body will reward me for that !
I think people pussyfoot around me too much and i need to be told sometimes to wind my neck in...hence joining the tough love thread!!

Got weighed in my scales this morning. Showing a 2 pound gain which when I go for official weigh in tomorrow at the end if the day wearing clothes is likely to be a lot more. But I'm not gonna freak out, I was rubbish Tuesday, Wednesday and then Saturday night had extra drinks so I knew I'd gain. Been back on it since sat night though and today and tomorrow I'm really limiting syns. This week I have non alcoholic plans and am working my butt off so I will have a loss next week. I'm going to make some quiches today as they're free and good to have when I'm in a rush

This is why i dont own scales...i would weigh myself and get depressed and not go to class!
Good attitude though, you've eaten wrongly, but dont continue, stop and restart. Fab! You'll do great this week !

Jodes said:
This is why i dont own scales...i would weigh myself and get depressed and not go to class!
Good attitude though, you've eaten wrongly, but dont continue, stop and restart. Fab! You'll do great this week !

My gut instinct was not to go and last night all I wanted was a big fat greasy kebab but I didn't I had Sw friendly food. I'm going tomorrow cos burying my head in the sand won't help at all. I feel shocking today, massive headache and so tired and have work in an hour :( on the plus side I made a big quiche today and have had that fur dinner. Was really nice.

It's good you recognise your behaviour and how it's affecting your weight. Once you break that barrier you'll crack it. The past is the past you can't change your diet failings but your in control of your future and the only reason your not losing weight is your consuming more cals than your burning off. How much do u want to lose?

My gut instinct was not to go and last night all I wanted was a big fat greasy kebab but I didn't I had Sw friendly food. I'm going tomorrow cos burying my head in the sand won't help at all. I feel shocking today, massive headache and so tired and have work in an hour :( on the plus side I made a big quiche today and have had that fur dinner. Was really nice.

It's good you recognise your behaviour and how it's affecting your weight. Once you break that barrier you'll crack it. The past is the past you can't change your diet failings but your in control of your future and the only reason your not losing weight is your consuming more cals than your burning off. How much do u want to lose?

Yeh i think when you actually stop fooling yourself thats when you make progress, at the end of the day you're only doing yourself out of the reward of being thinner and healthier. Id like to lose at least 5stone on my current weight cuz i am quite a big girl anyway so i think 11st 7lb would do me good. Dont know if id be in the healthy BMI range but if i get there....i mean when I get there...il reassess!!! Only 0.5lb off for me tonight but i did drink roughly my own body weight tuesday and wednesday last week and then had a bottle of red on friday night, just made sure i was good and exercised around that so im ok with only half. Am on a mission though cuz i think i was actually quite lucky with losing so il have to be extra good this week so it doesnt come back to haunt me :p

I couldn't get to weigh in, hubby had to do over time so when he got in I had to go straight to work as I was late anyway. Since doing Sw again this wek I've been snacking more and eating more, my mindset goes to ooh free food I can snack as much as I like. So I'm going to eat Sw food and count cals at the same time, I'm mad with mysf for being crap this past month and I only have myself to blame for not losing weight. I have 5 weeks to the wedding and that size 10 dress.

I'm struggling tonight, I'm at work, a takeaway, surrounded by food I love, it's my first day in weeks of sticking to 1200 cals (which I've done btw) and its dead, I'm bored and hungry and climbing the walls trying not to pick at stuff. It's one thing being sat at home but when it's in your face its fricking hard. So I'm here. Venting and talking crap to stop myself eating. I've got an hour left please someone talk me down from the ledge!!!!!!!

Back