TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

largerthanmost said:
I think that's exactly were I am at the minute - am lighter than I have been in years and 12 7 was my original aim & while it's not were I want to stay, I am languishing abit but people keep saying how well I've done, how great I look etc that the real impetus has started to slide.
But I too will get rid of the last 20lb - maybe not today but it's crazy how easily it can all slip away - met a girl who started SW 8 weeks ago, she lost 25lb in 5 1/2 weeks and has given up now and gaining again. I need to keep that in mind and keep at least plodding along.
Oh and having skipped through the thread last night I have to say Conlou has been doing well to fill your ass kicking boots :) but the more ass kicking I have to face the better I think, so I'll stick around for a while if the rest of you will have me. ;)

Haha ill take that as a compliment ;) kicking others arses keeps me on the straight and narrow...practice what you preach n all that!!! Your more than welcome :) if you see anyone slacking, kick some butt!!!

Hey all, sorry to be a stranger..again. Have started logging it all on MFP again and feel like I have come back from the wilderness. Am now the exact weight I was before I went on holiday 11.1. Woud have been nice to stay at 11.5 but all this boozing and schmoozing with my new man gets calorific! Back on the programme right now.

Glad FL and Lou are still fighting the good fight - Loola steady there, don't like the sound of the binge/purge but you are a sensible lady - one slip up doth not a disaster make, you can pull it back. Right, five weeks to xmas. I personally have a large Zara dress to fit into on the 13th December - just under 4 weeks. I wanna be under 10st 10 by then or it won't fit!

Meal tonight with his parents (for the first time - eeek) so not ideal time to start, but going to try and stick to fish/veg and not drink too much.

Have a good day everyone :)

BonnieBooBear said:
Hey all, sorry to be a stranger..again. Have started logging it all on MFP again and feel like I have come back from the wilderness. Am now the exact weight I was before I went on holiday 11.1. Woud have been nice to stay at 11.5 but all this boozing and schmoozing with my new man gets calorific! Back on the programme right now.

Glad FL and Lou are still fighting the good fight - Loola steady there, don't like the sound of the binge/purge but you are a sensible lady - one slip up doth not a disaster make, you can pull it back. Right, five weeks to xmas. I personally have a large Zara dress to fit into on the 13th December - just under 4 weeks. I wanna be under 10st 10 by then or it won't fit!

Meal tonight with his parents (for the first time - eeek) so not ideal time to start, but going to try and stick to fish/veg and not drink too much.

Have a good day everyone :)

There's never a good time to start a diet if you go by social events, you need to work round them :)

I lost 1.5lbs this week but my low mood came back this morning that not even thinking about my evening weigh in could shift my mood. Unlike previously my low mood isnt making me crave anything bad, I just feel like crap! Anyways after a long chat with my husband if i continue to feel like this for a couple of more weeks i think its a trip to the gps but i would really like to avoid that.

Lou you asked what the best thing about losing our weights has been well i have soo many best things. Firstly when my son who is my 3rd baby was born in february he only weighed 6lbs9ozs but because i was so big for nearly 2 months i couldnt fit him in my lap because my belly was taking up all my lap! That really depressed me at that time and i am so happy to say that i can now fit my big bouncy 9 month old in my lap even though i still had a big belly but its has reduced massively. Secondly i dont have anymore joint pain in my legs or hips, Thirdly i have no rude relations that i have gone really big! These are the things spuring me on and plus me and hubby want a big family but i dont want to be pregnant until my bmi is down because my last pregnancy was a nightmare not because i was ill or anything but thanks to the rude consultants i was forced to wait for and see and 1 evil midwife! x

Thats awful you felt judged by consultants and midwifes...thats just wrong. Although I personally feel like docs etc are very hypocritical about weight loss. I had one doc who I went to for a sick note after a lorry crashed into my KA a few years ago and was basically told to stop being fat and lazy and get out to work instead of sitting home watching jeremy kyle. Came home and burst into tears. Saw a different doc after that, then when I was having loads of stomach issues I was just desperate to see anyone - went back to the same doc who id seen after my crash, told him all my issues, that i was following SW, exercising loads and that the weight just wasnt coming off, that i was concerned i had a gluten allergy/intolerance and was told to go on a pork and pear diet. No other advice than that. So when i didnt want help, he was judgemental, when i did want help, he was completely useless.
I really hope you get back on track those with your moods, its a delicate subject, personally I went to hypnotherapy for a few 'mental health issues' (without going into to much detail!) and it really helped me. Just letting you know there are options out there besides the typical treatments. Wish you all the best x

Thankyou Jodes i feel a little better today, i think that chat i had with my husband yesterday made me feel a lot better, everything is out in the open and he is able to help me more. He does want me to go to to docs to be referred to a counselor but they dont always and i dont want to be put on anti depressants so will fight through this and look for alternatives like you have suggested. The consultants and midwifes I had were awful, I called one of the midwifes on the ward because i was bleeding heavily, more heavily that usual so she said she had to check my tummy to make sure everything was ok, she actually rather rudely lifted my tummy and turned to my son and said mummy has a lot of weight to lose! I was just gobsmacked, i really wish i had complained at that time but for next time i wont give them a chance to make a fool of me!

Thankyou Jodes i feel a little better today, i think that chat i had with my husband yesterday made me feel a lot better, everything is out in the open and he is able to help me more. He does want me to go to to docs to be referred to a counselor but they dont always and i dont want to be put on anti depressants so will fight through this and look for alternatives like you have suggested. The consultants and midwifes I had were awful, I called one of the midwifes on the ward because i was bleeding heavily, more heavily that usual so she said she had to check my tummy to make sure everything was ok, she actually rather rudely lifted my tummy and turned to my son and said mummy has a lot of weight to lose! I was just gobsmacked, i really wish i had complained at that time but for next time i wont give them a chance to make a fool of me!

Well done on all you have acheived so far. Like Jodes I'd agree with looking at different treatments - moods, old habits, past experiences they are all tied very closely to weight for me. I haven't used a traditional hypnotherapist but have used self help books and cd's and have to reccomend them. I also started Tony Robbins - I just dip in and out of it and there's lots of vids on the net with him. Just helps me sort out my thinking and makes me really positive (must do this again - I'd play the cd's in the car when on my own and do 30 mins of "me" time before bed so it is doable without giving up anything else).
Went I first went to dr was really depressed and could not see a way forward, told her I would like to get to 12 1/2 stone and all she said was I'd really want to be 10 stone - not very helpful when could not even figure how to get started (OK I knew what I had to do - just felt so overwhelmed). Anyway she prescribed Xenical which I never used & probably good I didn't as I've now proved to myself I can do it on my own. I don't like anti depressants, I think they can get you over a "hump" but it's better to actively work towards life solutions - which you seem to be doing.
Weigh in should never make you feel bad, it's a stat - a progress report. Read the number - carry on. Next week it's a different number.

Too true Largerthanmost, sometimes the scales are better looked at 4 weekly too - because in 4 weeks you can lose the most incredible amount of weight but say u STS or lose/gain 0.5lb one week you get disheartened. Although I know its easier said than done, but its definately something I am trying to build into my thinking, especially when you have alot to lose (like me).
Its awful that these health 'professionals' are so tactless sometimes, I'm in no doubt there are some very helpful and brilliant docs/nurses/midwives out there but its not nice to see other people have had the same or similar experiences that I have when your asking for help. Yeh we all know to lose weight, you eat less, exercise more, but sometimes its not that easy, we have triggers, we have issues that we only know how to deal with by comfort eating or whatever it is your vice is. And before I get scolded for saying this in a tough love forum, I think its safe to say people here have been losing or trying to lose weight for a while and actually sometimes do need a kick up the butt, but when your starting your journey or even have alot to lose, you need that little bit of guidance, which it appears we dont always get.
On another note, this little rant/post is the reason I love this website - I have come online looking to distract myself from a serious chocolate bar craving and I have succeeded !! :p
Iv been stuck at work today, been 'hungry' all afternoon - not really hungry cuz i have eaten so i know im not really but my god, its taken all I have not to go to the vending machine....I even have the money in my pocket, but Im fine now, dont want one and can safely say I can wait til I get home for my dinner before eating again. So yeh for Minimins and yeh for Tough Love!!!!!!x

Not dissing anti-depressants, i know many people who are on them or have been on them, just giving opinions on alternative things cuz i know they arent for everyone. If they work for you and are right for you, thats great cuz they help loads when u give them a chance. Think alot of people think they are just happy pills though, take 2 a day and feel amazing, which they arent, as u say they kind of stabilize your mood. Hey, whatever works for the individual, if its makes u happier, more content etc go for it !x

Too true Largerthanmost, sometimes the scales are better looked at 4 weekly too - because in 4 weeks you can lose the most incredible amount of weight but say u STS or lose/gain 0.5lb one week you get disheartened. Although I know its easier said than done, but its definately something I am trying to build into my thinking, especially when you have alot to lose (like me).
Its awful that these health 'professionals' are so tactless sometimes, I'm in no doubt there are some very helpful and brilliant docs/nurses/midwives out there but its not nice to see other people have had the same or similar experiences that I have when your asking for help. Yeh we all know to lose weight, you eat less, exercise more, but sometimes its not that easy, we have triggers, we have issues that we only know how to deal with by comfort eating or whatever it is your vice is. And before I get scolded for saying this in a tough love forum, I think its safe to say people here have been losing or trying to lose weight for a while and actually sometimes do need a kick up the butt, but when your starting your journey or even have alot to lose, you need that little bit of guidance, which it appears we dont always get.
On another note, this little rant/post is the reason I love this website - I have come online looking to distract myself from a serious chocolate bar craving and I have succeeded !! :p
Iv been stuck at work today, been 'hungry' all afternoon - not really hungry cuz i have eaten so i know im not really but my god, its taken all I have not to go to the vending machine....I even have the money in my pocket, but Im fine now, dont want one and can safely say I can wait til I get home for my dinner before eating again. So yeh for Minimins and yeh for Tough Love!!!!!!x

Well done on self distraction! Bit like that myself today - had a cycle all planned but it is just torrential rain today, roads are flooded it's rained that much - so hanging around the house and it always makes me start thinking about food .... made a pot of pumpkin soup and had with some cold chicken and lettuce, so far so good. Had a bit of a wobble on the vibroplate but it's not really exercise - should get the kettlebell dvd on, might warm me up as well - it's bloody freezing.
Enjoy the rest of the day - syn free of course ;)

Well done on all you have acheived so far. Like Jodes I'd agree with looking at different treatments - moods, old habits, past experiences they are all tied very closely to weight for me. I haven't used a traditional hypnotherapist but have used self help books and cd's and have to reccomend them. I also started Tony Robbins - I just dip in and out of it and there's lots of vids on the net with him. Just helps me sort out my thinking and makes me really positive (must do this again - I'd play the cd's in the car when on my own and do 30 mins of "me" time before bed so it is doable without giving up anything else).
Went I first went to dr was really depressed and could not see a way forward, told her I would like to get to 12 1/2 stone and all she said was I'd really want to be 10 stone - not very helpful when could not even figure how to get started (OK I knew what I had to do - just felt so overwhelmed). Anyway she prescribed Xenical which I never used & probably good I didn't as I've now proved to myself I can do it on my own. I don't like anti depressants, I think they can get you over a "hump" but it's better to actively work towards life solutions - which you seem to be doing.
Weigh in should never make you feel bad, it's a stat - a progress report. Read the number - carry on. Next week it's a different number.

I was prescribed xenical aswell and i did take it and all i can say after a week of it i said never again! Even eating a small boiled egg was set me off!

Well done Jodes for not giving into that vending machine x

I have nothing against anti depressants either but i have seen my mum become reliant on them and i dont want that because i know for my childrens and husbands sake i need to tackle a few issues going on in my mind so need to start looking at alternatives maybe start reading some self help books.

SW wise i am still on plan but i am so bloated and full of wind that it hurts so much. The culprit is either scan bran or broccoli but i cant put a finger on it. I need to get rid of this bloatness otherwise i will be lucky if i lose this week!

My weekend was rubbish. And not sure today will be any better. I'm seeing a friend this morning but she lives the other side of town so ill walk there but Jo time to get to a shop or anything, then I am going from hers to get my daughter then straight for a train to see another friend, again no shops en route, then I'm going straight from seeing her to home to attempt to make something really quick fir everyone else for tea then I'm on a driving lesson at 5, I'm exhausted thinking about it.

yeah!!! BOOM! -2.5lb for me tonight :D guess what.....9st13.5lb!! eek!! ok so only JUST a 9, but i see a 9, i see a 9!! yep im happy! lol
0.5lb away from my 2nd interim target and 3.5st loss award :) X

yeah!!! BOOM! -2.5lb for me tonight :D guess what.....9st13.5lb!! eek!! ok so only JUST a 9, but i see a 9, i see a 9!! yep im happy! lol
0.5lb away from my 2nd interim target and 3.5st loss award :) X

Well done x

Everything is going ok sw wise, have been on plan 100% but still struggling along. My body isnt cooperating and i keep on bleeding (sorry tmi) and its not a period. Off to the doc on thursday just to get checked over but i'm not gonna be happy if she sensd me back with just progesterone tablets or tells me its only been 9 months since having my son so i'm bound to have abnormal bleeding!

Wiioooo loola well done!!! Shamazing.

I'm plodding. Maintaining which is good. Just can't be bothered to lose any more atm. I'm SOOO bloated though, so I'm making leftovers soup for my dinner abd tea tomorrow and going to try to eat more Sw friendly as I'm
Grabbing and going atm and feeling yuk again. It's just so time consuming doing everything from scratch and not practical if I'm out and about. I find it a chore :/

thanks guys :) SW can be very impractical, and all the prep for meals can be a right pain in the arse! but do u have a day when you could cook up a load of meals, like chilli, spag bol etc and freeze them? then you would have to just bung em in the microwave when needed?
i do this sometimes, but not a lot as i just do not have the freezer room.
Lou, i really dont know what to say, my gut is telling me to say to you just dont do it! at 10st 5 do you REALLY need to go on a VCLD?
obviously its you complete personal choice, but u seem to be jumping from one diet to another and not really getting anywhere, i mean i know ur loosing weight, which obviously is the desired effect, but to me, it seems you should be foccussing on one diet plan and really give it a go? i may have it completely wrong, and of course what works for one does not mean will work for everyone.
SW for instance, 4lb in the 1st week, amazing!! then u kinda went a bit squiffy lol (couldnt think of a word!) u blame the word "free" for you eating too much of it, because it is labelled as "free" but that is really just an excuse is it not? because, lets face it, u know full well no food is free! it is all in your head, and if u were to concentrate on that food as "healthy" and "superhealthy" and base ur meals around those and eat only when ur hungry then u should be ok.
like i said completely personal choice, but if u were to follow a VLCD, loose the weight, great! then what? because ur feeling towards and about food will still be there, tbh if ur anything like me then they always will be, and something like SW does teach you to have a different relationship with food, which is where the "free" comes into it i think!
i just worry about you (haha the tables have turned :p lol) as i know your body didnt seem to react to well to the JUDDD diet so im thinking you may have a similar experience with a VCLD? and with little ones to look after etc, and all ur working etc im worried you will make urself ill! if i remember rightly smiley was on a VLCD and he wasnt to do any other exercise as the diet provided basically just enough to survive? so what would happen to you with all ur running around?
what would eliminating food completely prove? that you dont need it?? coz well actually you do! lol u need the energy you need the nuritents! you just have to work out what it s that you dont need! you dont need high fat, high sugar crap, you dont need highly processed white crap! you need good, wholesome, nutritious food! if you are strict enough to cut food out completely, can u not be strict enough to eat the right things and the right amount? to stick to either SW, CC, JUDDD, or whichever diet until it does actually stop working?
IMHO nothing beat SW, it allows you freedom over the good stuff and restriction over the bad, but not elimination, it works great with families and it is easy to follow life long, ok, so we still all occassionally have hiccups, but thats probably gonna happen at somepoint no matter what you are doing! maybe WW would be better for you in terms of convienience? although again like the CC nothing is off limits, you can have a greasy kebab, but then thats ur points used for the day so...
you do need to be strict with yourself no matter what plan you follow, you do just have to find out what works best wiyth you and your life :)
like already said though it is completely personal choice and if you really feel like that would help you then by all means go for it, but i just wanted to voice my opinions ;) lol

Back