TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

loolahoop said:
thanks guys :) SW can be very impractical, and all the prep for meals can be a right pain in the arse! but do u have a day when you could cook up a load of meals, like chilli, spag bol etc and freeze them? then you would have to just bung em in the microwave when needed?
i do this sometimes, but not a lot as i just do not have the freezer room.
Lou, i really dont know what to say, my gut is telling me to say to you just dont do it! at 10st 5 do you REALLY need to go on a VCLD?
obviously its you complete personal choice, but u seem to be jumping from one diet to another and not really getting anywhere, i mean i know ur loosing weight, which obviously is the desired effect, but to me, it seems you should be foccussing on one diet plan and really give it a go? i may have it completely wrong, and of course what works for one does not mean will work for everyone.
SW for instance, 4lb in the 1st week, amazing!! then u kinda went a bit squiffy lol (couldnt think of a word!) u blame the word "free" for you eating too much of it, because it is labelled as "free" but that is really just an excuse is it not? because, lets face it, u know full well no food is free! it is all in your head, and if u were to concentrate on that food as "healthy" and "superhealthy" and base ur meals around those and eat only when ur hungry then u should be ok.
like i said completely personal choice, but if u were to follow a VLCD, loose the weight, great! then what? because ur feeling towards and about food will still be there, tbh if ur anything like me then they always will be, and something like SW does teach you to have a different relationship with food, which is where the "free" comes into it i think!
i just worry about you (haha the tables have turned :p lol) as i know your body didnt seem to react to well to the JUDDD diet so im thinking you may have a similar experience with a VCLD? and with little ones to look after etc, and all ur working etc im worried you will make urself ill! if i remember rightly smiley was on a VLCD and he wasnt to do any other exercise as the diet provided basically just enough to survive? so what would happen to you with all ur running around?
what would eliminating food completely prove? that you dont need it?? coz well actually you do! lol u need the energy you need the nuritents! you just have to work out what it s that you dont need! you dont need high fat, high sugar crap, you dont need highly processed white crap! you need good, wholesome, nutritious food! if you are strict enough to cut food out completely, can u not be strict enough to eat the right things and the right amount? to stick to either SW, CC, JUDDD, or whichever diet until it does actually stop working?
IMHO nothing beat SW, it allows you freedom over the good stuff and restriction over the bad, but not elimination, it works great with families and it is easy to follow life long, ok, so we still all occassionally have hiccups, but thats probably gonna happen at somepoint no matter what you are doing! maybe WW would be better for you in terms of convienience? although again like the CC nothing is off limits, you can have a greasy kebab, but then thats ur points used for the day so...
you do need to be strict with yourself no matter what plan you follow, you do just have to find out what works best wiyth you and your life :)
like already said though it is completely personal choice and if you really feel like that would help you then by all means go for it, but i just wanted to voice my opinions ;) lol

I know your right. I'm just being lazy I want an easy way out and I think it's lady fun time which always makes me a bit gaga about my size. After cooking a healthy tea I don't have time to eat it, so I'm off to work in an empty stomach, and this is the problem I face. It's hard to cook before hubby gets in to watch the girls. They both have hand foot and mouth and are super naughty when left alone anyway so it's a toss up between them trashing my living room and breaking anything they get their hands on or not cooking then I choose the latter lol. I'm going to make myself an omelette at work though. Ill power through and when I see another loss it will be worth it I'm just stuck again. Right off I go in the rain on my chuffing bike to cook food I can't eat :p

conlou1 said:
I know your right. I'm just being lazy I want an easy way out and I think it's lady fun time which always makes me a bit gaga about my size. After cooking a healthy tea I don't have time to eat it, so I'm off to work in an empty stomach, and this is the problem I face. It's hard to cook before hubby gets in to watch the girls. They both have hand foot and mouth and are super naughty when left alone anyway so it's a toss up between them trashing my living room and breaking anything they get their hands on or not cooking then I choose the latter lol. I'm going to make myself an omelette at work though. Ill power through and when I see another loss it will be worth it I'm just stuck again. Right off I go in the rain on my chuffing bike to cook food I can't eat :p

How about u put the healthy tea u cooked in a lunchbox & take it to work with you. Quit making excuses woman and let's start seeing some positive action! x

also, is it a takeaway you work? like as in kebab and pizza? sorry if not and ignore this lol, but if so could you not make urself like a chicken shish kebab plenty of salad and no pitta? thats like a couple of syns at most to allow for oil...cold be another option? x

gettingfit said:
You don't need a vlcd you need to stop making excuses and do it.:)

One minute your saying you can't be bothered with losing any more then your moaning because you feel huge.

Take grains,sugar and processed foods out of the equation and you will feel better for it.

You made an excuse that you can't eat dinner due to the kids being naughty.How do others manage it?
Have a cook meal at lunchtime and take some healthy foods with you to work.

You are very good at telling others what to do so why don't you just get on with it and show them it can be done.:)

Food is not the real problem here it's all the excuses you find not to do it that is stopping you.:rolleyes:

I never said I can't eat dinner cos the kids are naughty I said I can't stand in the kitchen cooking batch meals. I didn't get chance to eat the dinner I cooked yesterday as both my youngest are poorly and by the time it was ready I had to go to work. But, I did plan to have an omelette instead. I log everything into MFP and last night I checked how many cals I've been having and my net cals for the week average at 1200, this week, last week and the week before so I'm honestly not pigging out or not watching what I eat :/ I guess I just need to try harder

Right, whilst I didn't enjoy my verbal kicking one bit I have decided your right. (I hate being wrong so u don't know how much it pains me to write this lol) I am just making excuses cos I WANT to eat junk and lose weight at the same time. I did cc strictly for several weeks a few months ago during that time I went to social things and still lost weight. I'm going to start logging in my diary on here and I AM going to stick to 1200 a day, the first 3 days of breaking a habit are the hardest but I know once I get through this and on a roll it will be fine.

My plan for today:
No carbs
Do a shop that is based around healthy low cal meals
Do NOT eat anything at work (this is the bit that's hardest but it's just bloody food isn't it)
Get my beck book out and have a read as it always inspires me

gettingfit said:
I wasn't going to say anything but just take a look back over this thread and excuse after excuse is very depressing to read.You need to stop making excuses because if you don't you won't get anywhere.

I know it's hard when working around food but if you eat before you go or need to eat while there take some fruit chopped up in a bowl.Have a spoonful of cream with it.

Your downfall is alcohol so buy a small bottle of wine and just have that.I've weaned myself off alcohol by having a small bottle then thought whats the use so don't buy it now.

How far do you bike to work?

Not sure why you chose to suddenly say something as I now feel like crap. I didn't realise that my posts make for depressing reading. :/

conlou1 said:
Not sure why you chose to suddenly say something as I now feel like crap. I didn't realise that my posts make for depressing reading. :/

Aww Lou they don't make for depressing reading, a little frustrating YES but only because we know you are capable of sticking to plan & losing weight when you put your mind to it!!

No one is out to make u feel crap that's the last thing we want to do. We want to see the old feisty "right I'll bloody show you" Lou back, so come on girly :) xxx

I've managed to crack the picking on a night and i don't smack in the day, it's now purely at work, takeaway was always my downfall, I banned us from ordering them a long time ago, but the problem arose when I started back working there, my exercise level went through the roof as i don't stop when I'm there and my appetite went up with it, I then started eating the food there, but I still lost weight, so I carried on, now I e gotten used to the exercise I'm not losing weight I've plateaued and I know I need to cut this picking out at work and make better choices or I will end up big again. I do appreciate all your kicks up the bum and I'm going to sit and try to digest it all, I don't want to be up and down all the time. I want to get back to how I was in may and June when my focus was bang on, I guess I just need to make losing weight and being healthy more of a priority than I have been. My willpower just needs to be stronger than my cravings and I just need to get over the fact I can't eat crap and lose weight.

Anyway, enough chit chat from me....ill be back, and I WILL show you. :)

image-4221270185.jpg

I did it. I made it through work without touching a scrap of junk. And here's my proof :) even included my Thursday night 2 mini bottles of wine :) not guesstimated, scanned and measured.

See you can and will do it.:)
You just have to get your mind in the right place and get used to saying NO thank you when anyone offers you something or your around food.

We are not pigs where they dig around in the soil all day looking for food yet we do/use to eat like them.:) I was forever hunting in the cupboards to see what I could find to eat but now cupboards don't interest me.

Good luck with day 2.No excuses keep busy and only eat at meal times or if you do feel hungry have a carrot or a stick of celery.

Your soup yesterday looked yummy.Did you make enough for a couple of days so you have your lunch already planned?

I'd made it on Thursday so had it Thursday and Friday so none left but ill be making some more this weekend. I may aswell knock that wine off the cals yesterday...after I posted here I suddenly felt really poorly and started being sick!!! Was really poorly through the night and feel terrible today :( I only had 1 of those little miniature bottles of wine, I'd planned for 2 but left 1 and threw the one I drank up along with my salad I had for my tea....I'm NEVER sick so must be a bad bug, or I'm pregnant lol

Hi Conlou, do you have a slow cooker? I have a big one, and similar issues with working full time and having 2 kids under 5, but my slow cooker is great, I can throw stuff in at 6am when they're waking up/having breakfast and it's ready when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes I do and have done this a few times, I just keep forgetting to take my
Meat out the freezer the night before lol. X

Yes I do and have done this a few times, I just keep forgetting to take my
Meat out the freezer the night before lol. X
Sounds a bit like me - so I got a pressure cooker instead, as it will cook things like diced beef from frozen. Or if I'm in town I can decide to have boiled bacon for dinner at 4pm and still have it cooked and served before half past five. And takes me less than half an hour to chop, cook, blitz and serve a huge pot of veg soup (timed myself - I was starving on Thursday afternoon and rather than just snack I held out until my soup was done).

We are not pigs where they dig around in the soil all day looking for food yet we do/use to eat like them.:) I was forever hunting in the cupboards to see what I could find to eat but now cupboards don't interest me.

Wow - that's my ultimate aim. I'm about 70% there & working on the rest of the triggers.
Slowly moving towards a more paleo type diet in SW - use my HEX for nuts and oil rather than grains, if I ate eggs and fish I'd probably try it completely - am going to introduce eggs into my diet over the next while, as it's all psychological - I don't really remember what an egg tastes like.
I'm really enjoying being wheat free - had some brown soda twice this week and it just bloated me totally and now have no interest in it, plus all the other refined carb cravings have gone totally. I am still eating organic oats made with water twice a week & have potatoes & legumes once a week as well (not together).
So compared to 3 months ago my diet is much cleaner and maybe I'll eventually go full time primal but for now it's more about making changes that I can sustain and don't give up on - just need to stop emotions from making me *oink oink* every now and again.
Did you loose the 2.5 stone all with paleo?

Back