TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Sounds a bit like me - so I got a pressure cooker instead, as it will cook things like diced beef from frozen. Or if I'm in town I can decide to have boiled bacon for dinner at 4pm and still have it cooked and served before half past five. And takes me less than half an hour to chop, cook, blitz and serve a huge pot of veg soup (timed myself - I was starving on Thursday afternoon and rather than just snack I held out until my soup was done).

Someone mentioned pressure cooker the other week. I'm gonna go look for one now. I had one years ago but only cooked stew in it. Do you recommend any particular one? What can you Cook in it?

Someone mentioned pressure cooker the other week. I'm gonna go look for one now. I had one years ago but only cooked stew in it. Do you recommend any particular one? What can you Cook in it?

I got mine in argos. Tower is a good make but any of them will do - mine was €28 I think. I make soup, stew, curry, mash potatoes, boiled bacon, pork casserole,hotpot, bolognese, pea and ham soup, broiled chicken (I do this with whole chicken, cool and then strip the carcass when want chicken for salads, kids lunches, etc) chicken a la king, oxtails. And I'm sure there's millions of other things you can do. It's great for cheap cuts of meat and cuts cooking time way down.
It's so quick to use - but I do tend to overcook veg in it if doing them on their own, prefer steamer for that.

How did day 2 go Lou?:)
Sorry - used wrong quote - it's meant to be the one about your hubby!

That's good - it's encouraging when you hear someone actually getting real results. I was talking to some SW friends and they just don't understand why I am trying to "mess" with the SW as the pounds have been coming off - but I just don't want a lot of the refined carbs in my diet anymore, but they are of the "if it aint broke don't try to fix it " mode whereas I want to get off another 20lb but the weight loss is less the primary focus but more about eating for life. Saving syns for curly wurlys just doesn't do much for me (ok I'm not perfect, I mess up and still overeat at times but WHAT I eat in crisis times is much different to what it used to be) .
I did look at Whole9 | Let us change your life. | Category Archive | Whole30 but from were I was it seemed a huge leap - could not even find meats without the sulphates or lactose in them locally & the amount of products that contain no sugar products is so very few. But would be interesting to do it as a detox next year - I have no plans to go mad over Xmas but there is a family buffet and my birthday all within a week - so might just be in the mood for it after that.
Actually, I've just been back on the site and I'm going to do this - if I start Wednesday the 30 days will be over before my buffet and birthday (and Xmas day doesn't bother me much, apart from I usually have a couple of brandys). Oh I'll need some real tough love to get through this one. Got tonight to plan menus, shop on Monday & take a base weight - then no weighing or measuring for a month.

Chin up Conlou - it's rubbish when you feel ill and just want something nice like toast and butter - least you're not hiding from it & making better choices today.

Last edited:
Don't know what to say except are you pregnant and that takeaway was a bad choice.:(

I don't think I'm pregnant, would be unlikely but I suffer with irregular periods and severe pms, and sometimes the symptoms are simar to pregnancy and I have wild mood swings, the only cure is the pill but that causes other problems for me so I just grin and bear it, flip out every few weeks, then look back and feel like a tool. Anyone who says pms and hormones are I'm
Your head needs to be me for a month lol. The takeaway was stupid, I paid for it today too as I had stomach ache, today I've had less than 1000 cals so far and will just have some fruit, I slipped up yesterday but I'm not going to dwell cos I didn't turn it into a binge, I just ate a bad meal and if I keep looking back how can I ever move forward? Ill be below 10.5 this time next week, been stuck here long enough now and I'm not impressed that loola over took me lol...game on!

Hi folks, I've gone off WW as I just wasn't losing anything so I've gone back to mfp, if anyone wants to follow me on there I'm laurenindia. I'm still lurking as always and Lou you're one of the most inspiring people on this thread keep fighting the good fight!!

That's very kind of you to say so :) ill follow you, MFP/cc is a fool proof way of losing weight. It's a pain but it works and fast if you buckle down. Good luck hun

Ill be below 10.5 this time next week, been stuck here long enough now and I'm not impressed that loola over took me lol...game on!
:p catch me if ya can! haha!!

ive had a good week so far, everyday been on plan, feeling good :) not sure how i feel about WI tomorrow, i always dread it, wish i could make it not such a big deal lol! but 0.5lb off for my 3.5st award...hope ive done it, no reason why not!will let ya know tomorrow :) X

conlou1 said:
I don't think I'm pregnant, would be unlikely but I suffer with irregular periods and severe pms, and sometimes the symptoms are simar to pregnancy and I have wild mood swings, the only cure is the pill but that causes other problems for me so I just grin and bear it, flip out every few weeks, then look back and feel like a tool. Anyone who says pms and hormones are I'm
Your head needs to be me for a month lol.

Have you considered a mirena coil? I developed problems with the pill after being on it since my teens so I had a coil fitted a year ago & now have no totm, no mood swings no cramps, get very occasional spotting once in a blue moon but I can definitely live with that. Might be worth looking into & having a chat with your nurse or doctor :)

Have you considered a mirena coil? I developed problems with the pill after being on it since my teens so I had a coil fitted a year ago & now have no totm, no mood swings no cramps, get very occasional spotting once in a blue moon but I can definitely live with that. Might be worth looking into & having a chat with your nurse or doctor :)

I've had the coil but due to my
Womb being tilted it wasn't fitted properly and I went through 6 months of agony, bleeding every day and feeling rubbish. I wouldn't have another coil if someone paid me lol and I won't try anything with hormones in as from experience it's just swapping one lot if side effects for another. Hubby has had the snip so it's highly unlikely I'd get pregnant (although I know a couple if ppl who have) so I don't need to use birth control. Ill be glad when I've gone through menopause lol x

I take Evening Primrose oil with Cod liver oil capsule and haven't had any mood swings or anything else since taken it.:)
I'm nearing the end of Peri-Menopause and can't wait till it's over.Never know when I'm going to get a period and the hot flushes I get I can just cope with now.I hardly wear any clothes indoors or out which feels strange for someone who use to always weared a cardigan even in summer to almost nothing.Also I used to be able to sleep through anything now I'm lucky if I get 4 hours straight sleep a night.:(

its hard being a woman, hormones are evil, i never suffered until i came off the pill to ttc my second child, since then i cant cope with the pill and i cant cope without it, i dont really know what the answer is tbh but i am considering trying yet another pill just to regulate my periods and i know if i can just get through the first 3 months of symptoms ill be ok, but its the crippling hunger i also cant deal with, every time ive been on the pill ive gained weight. but i cant carry on like this, im up and down all the time. i would love to be able to sort it using herbal remedies, i did used to take agnus castus but i didnt realise your not meant to take it all the time and my periods stopped altogether which brought its own problems. my periods are regulating a bint better, but then every couple of months i have a weird one and it throws me off hormonally...i have some evening primrose and starflower casules i started taking it yesterday along with vitamins as im sick of being ill!! well just tucking into a salad..which is the last thing i want on a day like this but im out for a meal tonight so need to keep cals very low today to compensate...its a steak house so shouldnt be difficult to make good choices..i just had a quick look at the menu and i noticed they do seabass...ive never tried it before so i think ill go for this, no pud obviously, but i am goign to have a glass of red wine. so i just need to sit and work it all out. had a stinker of a night at work last night, one of the guys is bullying me, i thought it was in my head but last night he showed he was..he said something to me that was out of order then when i confronted him in front of everyone he denied it and said i was a liar....so ive got all that crap to deal with now, but im not going to use it as an excuse to binge eat.

conlou1 said:
I've had the coil but due to my
Womb being tilted it wasn't fitted properly and I went through 6 months of agony, bleeding every day and feeling rubbish. I wouldn't have another coil if someone paid me lol and I won't try anything with hormones in as from experience it's just swapping one lot if side effects for another. Hubby has had the snip so it's highly unlikely I'd get pregnant (although I know a couple if ppl who have) so I don't need to use birth control. Ill be glad when I've gone through menopause lol x

Ooh i have a tilted womb too, real pain when it comes to having smear tests :(

Can i ask? did you have a copper coil? I tried one of these first as I wanted to totally get away from hormones but it was a nightmare, stuck it out for 10 months but had constant heavy bleeding and pain like I'd never experienced in my life so I got it replaced with the mirena & I've had no problems since. Like you I was worried about side effects but this coil supposedly releases such tiny amounts of hormone that your body shouldn't detect it.

its hard being a woman, hormones are evil, i never suffered until i came off the pill to ttc my second child, since then i cant cope with the pill and i cant cope without it, i dont really know what the answer is tbh but i am considering trying yet another pill just to regulate my periods and i know if i can just get through the first 3 months of symptoms ill be ok, but its the crippling hunger i also cant deal with, every time ive been on the pill ive gained weight. but i cant carry on like this, im up and down all the time. i would love to be able to sort it using herbal remedies, i did used to take agnus castus but i didnt realise your not meant to take it all the time and my periods stopped altogether which brought its own problems. my periods are regulating a bint better, but then every couple of months i have a weird one and it throws me off hormonally...i have some evening primrose and starflower casules i started taking it yesterday along with vitamins as im sick of being ill!! well just tucking into a salad..which is the last thing i want on a day like this but im out for a meal tonight so need to keep cals very low today to compensate...its a steak house so shouldnt be difficult to make good choices..i just had a quick look at the menu and i noticed they do seabass...ive never tried it before so i think ill go for this, no pud obviously, but i am goign to have a glass of red wine. so i just need to sit and work it all out. had a stinker of a night at work last night, one of the guys is bullying me, i thought it was in my head but last night he showed he was..he said something to me that was out of order then when i confronted him in front of everyone he denied it and said i was a liar....so ive got all that crap to deal with now, but im not going to use it as an excuse to binge eat.

Sorry you're having such a hard time on all fronts but you know food does not make you happy - if it did we'd have all been delirious a long time ago. As for not wanting a salad, you're only at most 8 hours away from a steak/seabass dinner. And wine. Be happy about that - I'd love to going with OH for a meal anytime soon and half of the world would just be thankful for something to eat.
Workwise, I'd make an official complaint right away - even if nothing is done, you have it recorded - so if it carries on the management/owners can't say they knew nothing about it.

Can i ask? did you have a copper coil? I tried one of these first as I wanted to totally get away from hormones but it was a nightmare, stuck it out for 10 months but had constant heavy bleeding and pain like I'd never experienced in my life so I got it replaced with the mirena & I've had no problems since. Like you I was worried about side effects but this coil supposedly releases such tiny amounts of hormone that your body shouldn't detect it.
Just had the Mirena a month ago & feeling bloated/heavier below my navel since & struggling with my weight, despite being better on plan than before. Hope it's just a settling in phase. Going primal for a month to see if it helps with resetting hormone levels etc. No one even offered me a copper coil - don't think it's available here anymore.
Other than OH having the snip (I was keen - he wasn't :D) Mirena seemed the best option.

yeah it was copper, but it was so horrific that i just wouldnt want to have it done again...and the pain having it put in OMG!!! it was like labour, and i felt emotional and in pain all day. was weird, really didnt like it

Sorry you're having such a hard time on all fronts but you know food does not make you happy - if it did we'd have all been delirious a long time ago. As for not wanting a salad, you're only at most 8 hours away from a steak/seabass dinner. And wine. Be happy about that - I'd love to going with OH for a meal anytime soon and half of the world would just be thankful for something to eat.
Workwise, I'd make an official complaint right away - even if nothing is done, you have it recorded - so if it carries on the management/owners can't say they knew nothing about it.

i am making a complaint next time im in with the boss. i just want this guy to leave me alone, he has no need/right to talk to me the way he does, hes just a worker like me hes not my supervisor in any way, but he told one of the other workers he fancies me and made sexual comments the other week which i told my manager about and i think he said something as since then hes been vile to me. he just needs sacking hes a total moron. im not going out for a meal with my OH, i wish!! and i wasnt being ungreatful about going for a meal...i was saying that i dont fancy a salad but as im going for a meal later i am having one to keep the cals down..i wasnt moaning, just making a statement on how far ive come, in regards to not using a meal as an excuse to go off plan.

Just had the Mirena a month ago & feeling bloated/heavier below my navel since & struggling with my weight, despite being better on plan than before. Hope it's just a settling in phase. Going primal for a month to see if it helps with resetting hormone levels etc. No one even offered me a copper coil - don't think it's available here anymore.
Other than OH having the snip (I was keen - he wasn't :D) Mirena seemed the best option.

my oh said it hurt having the snip and milked it for a good month lol, like to see them give birth!!

my body never coped with the coil, i too have a tilted womb and yeh was in a lot of pain, had craps for ages, like contractions they were...then the coil came out! :/ went back had it fitted again, same kinda thing happened, except it didnt come out, but kept getting pain in my tummy n "down there" went back to doc, and i was pregnant and the coil was half out! so erm, no not a good 1 for me either lol! but had the implant fitted and its the best thing ive ever done! no pain, light periods (although irregular) its just there and i dont have to worry about it until next year now :) is also the same kinda hormones as the pill apparently, but i used to have horrendous mood swings with the pill (microgynon 30) but i havent with this x

I feel for you lou and know how difficult it must be x
I am either bleeding or spotting continuously now for nearly 2 weeks and its driving me mad and thats why i have had a battle to control my usual cravings around and during my period. This is very unusual for me to bleed like this so i have seen the doc and have an appointment for swabs (just hope i dont start bleeding before my appointment) today and also need to have a ultrasound scan. I think its my hormones going mad with the weightloss but still a little worried.

You have been doing ever so well despite the few hiccups and i'm sure it wont take you long to reach that target x

Back