TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Hi bassers and happy New Year. I've been absent over Xmas as there have been a lot of family upsets, deaths and illnesses - all seems to come at once. But I haven't used it as an excuse to binge and in fact I don't feel like I have been all that bad over Xmas food wise although I have massively overindulged in booze.

So fresh start for me - sending the other half out with a shopping list tomorrow for fruit, veg and salads and I will be getting out my 30 day shred DVD that I never got round to starting after my holiday. Weighing in tomorrow morning and back to recording what I eat. Slimming world principles are what tends to work for me although I always get bored after about 3 or 4 weeks. I will give it another go and see how I get on.

Anyone watching 50 shocking facts about diet and exercise??

Ooh no what side was that on Sparty? Sounds like you have a plan and as we all know planning is the key to success!

I know we're not fans if the draw a line under it start fresh tomorrow etc BUT as it has been Christmas and new year meaning most if us
Will have over indulged in one way or another, myself it's been alcohol and food I don't normally eat, my weight is fluctuating now between 10.5 and 10.10!!!!!!! Wowzers! I enjoyed it, I don't regret it and I'm not moaning BUT I am suggesting that collectively we do 'draw a line' under last year and make a plan each, post it and even put it in your sig if you like, whatever you weigh this week, you weigh, end of, no looking back at mistakes, only forward. I personally enjoyed Christmas and new year but am so ready to get into it now, so my plan is as follows:

Start jogging, first session Thursday...go 3 times a week

Follow Sw and rejoin group next Tuesday

No snacking between meals

Take vitamins etc every day

Start a toning exercise programme and do it every day...just 10 minutes at first.

Drink more water

Alcohol ban for January

Start hypnosis from the beginning

Good luck guys, lets get on it and reach our targets this year :)

HA I bet I can make you all feel good about your gains, I have gained a whopping 12 pound, I know it isn't a true gsin as I've not snacked much at all and I've only had 2 meals a day, I'm mega bloated though and have been drinking all over Christmas and not moved off my sofa. Oops hahaha

No carbs for me this next few days and a walk every day will be included as well as my runs.

Emma, a new year a d the only time I think it's acceptable to stop looking back and start looking forward. You know why you've gained weight, move on we're all here to support each other. I'm rejoining Sw next week but am eating healthy and low carbs this next week as I don't want to siend the week stuffing my face to weigh even more. Take action now, when is your weigh in?

I am back over 9 stone - chirst I forgot how much booze makes me gain instantly! I was 9st 3lb when I weighed this morning so that is going on my stats so there is no denying my gain of 5/6lbs. My target is 8st 7lb.

Like Lou I have really enjoyed the Christmas period as much as possible with all the sad news. I'm glad that I let myself just go with what I wanted but even happier to say I didn't lose control either and pig out on chocs. I have defiantely made some lasting changes in my attitude towards food. I feel ready for some exercise, fresh foods and cutting back on carbs and alcohol. I was actually drinking a glass of wine the other night and said to my friend "I can't wait for a booze break" how stupid is that?!?! Anyway my plan is;

30DS starting tonight when I get home - I am going to take measurements before I start
Start tracking my food again - SW principles and counting cals on MFP to keep a check initially
Take vitamins each day - vitamin C and Zinc (and green tea)
Drink more water
Cut back on alcohol this month

Elsewhere in life I am getting my finances sorted this year so that me and my bf can get engaged and start planning our wedding :eek:) nice goal to aim for huh?

I thought that the programme would dispel some diet myths - and it did i suppose to a certain extent although it pleased me to say that a lot of those had already been dispelled by people on minimins anyway - wealth of knowledge on here that we should all use!

A quick hello to any newbies as well - stick with us and we will all get there. I nominate Loola for the prize for her STS over xmas! Come on girl - only 2lb to go!!!

ok, well i was a STS over xmas, im supposed to be WI tomorrow, but cant coz of work, so my next WI will be the 8/1/13 iwill be at target, hopefully under it! :)
had a good new year, didnt really drink though as was in with the kids. my life is so exciting! :)
my plan for this year is...
stick to SW even when at target..i want this weight to stay off!!!!
drinkmore water!!!!
i started jillian michaels body revolution today, so i will finish that, basically just want to be more toned!
get to the bottom end of my target!

Hi all, I haven't posted on here much recently but am busy catching up.

I had lost 0.5lbs at SW last thurs, however I've had NYE since then and am a bit worried I may have gained following that!

I lost 5.5lbs in Dec, so was happy with that, but I want to ramp it up in Jan and get that first 2 stone off. So back to the gym for me as have now been discharged from consultant following thyroid surgery, am also getting stricter with SW now.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all, I haven't posted on here much recently but am busy catching up.

I had lost 0.5lbs at SW last thurs, however I've had NYE since then and am a bit worried I may have gained following that!

I lost 5.5lbs in Dec, so was happy with that, but I want to ramp it up in Jan and get that first 2 stone off. So back to the gym for me as have now been discharged from consultant following thyroid surgery, am also getting stricter with SW now.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done! And congratulations on being discharged x

Hilarious, the funniest thing I've seen in ages!

Will do and apologies as just realised my hilarious comment went after your bloating one, my timing has never been great!!

Back