TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

Weighed in at home this morning as I won't be going to group and.........5.5lb down!! :)

Very pleased with my first week (apart from Monday but I think that impact will show this week!) I didn't struggle with it at all - no cravings for chocolate or crisps or crap at all which I thought I would get. I feel like I have used my syns sensibly in general to make sure I didn't feel deprived.

Exercise is the next task for me. My problem with this is that I have a long commute home from work so it's hard to get the motivation to go out running or walking when it's pitch black and freezing cold when i get home from london. I also live down a badly lit lane....hmmmmm need to get my thinking cap on for mid week exercise and run/walk at the weekends during the day.

Would the 30DS work if I don't do it every day?!

Thanks Lou! It's the most I've ever lost in one week and it feels fantastic :) I really feel like something has clicked in my head and feel in control.

My plans this evening have changed now and I had all my food and syns planned. But I'm on a green day and ill just have a tuna jacket potato ad use the syns on mayo lol. This would have sent me spiralling into panic at one point!

You running tonight? X

Thanks Lou! It's the most I've ever lost in one week and it feels fantastic :) I really feel like something has clicked in my head and feel in control.

My plans this evening have changed now and I had all my food and syns planned. But I'm on a green day and ill just have a tuna jacket potato ad use the syns on mayo lol. This would have sent me spiralling into panic at one point!

You running tonight? X

No it's really thick ice where I am I slipped 5 times doing the nursery run, it's completely treacherous. My next planned run was meant to be tomorrow but unless I buy a pair if ice skates ir it melts over night I won't be going lol. After that its Sunday...really hope it's clear by then I'm missing it!

You're up north aren't you - I'm south east and it was -7 overnight!! Yikes!!

Feeling very hungry this morning.....hopefully not to be continued all day!!

Good to see this thread is still going well, does Rod still report in & keep everyone in order?

Rod doesnt pop in as much as he used to as he has a high powered new job. But he lurks and updates us when he can. There are a few other people who seem to be MIA actually.....anyone heard from Loola, Faerylights or Emma??

I just cant bring myself to go out in the ice - I struggle to force myself out the dorr to work in these temps let alone going out if I dont have to. Going to make some time at the weekend to
1. do 30DS
2. go for a run/walk (in the daytime so its warmed up a bit!!)
3. Make up some SW ragu, soup and ketchup for the freezer/fridge

sparty said:
I just cant bring myself to go out in the ice - I struggle to force myself out the dorr to work in these temps let alone going out if I dont have to. Going to make some time at the weekend to
1. do 30DS
2. go for a run/walk (in the daytime so its warmed up a bit!!)
3. Make up some SW ragu, soup and ketchup for the freezer/fridge

Well done on the loss.

I don't do the 30 DS everyday, I do it on days I don't do anything else if that makes sense.... But it still gives me a good workout.

I'm loving kettlebells and have just ordered a DVD to do some at home, so will prob only be doing the shred a couple of days a week.

Running is not for me.. Don't like the cold dark nights and always worry about my knees too, I will run on the treadmill though and may do a race for life this year..

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have done race for life a couple of times before - its great fun and very acheiveable no matter what weight or level of fitness you have. I think I might sign up for it too - there are a few round my area...thanks for the idea :eek:)

I never used to like running until I started buildingnit up following a programme, I know where I'm at and what I'm aiming fir so it makes it easier and I'm not over doing it. I like putting my music on and just forgetting about the world for half an hour.

Well more fooking snow coming, marvellous. I'm at a funeral tomorrow, so gonna be a hard day, going to eat a late large lunch before I go and just avoid any buffet altogether. Saturday I have planned to go for drinks at my friends so gonna have to be meticulous with my meals round it, doing the shopping tomorrow so gonna make sure I have stuff in for a big healthy Sw style fry up and want to try to up my superfree intake once I have some money to eat!!

I went to the pub tonight with a friend for dinner and had a tiger prawn warm salad with potato and chorizo. I went slightly over on syns because of the chorizo but I'm so pleased with myself for not letting myself get carried away and ordering a burger just because my friend was. I even avoided the puddings menu and opted for an extra drink. The whole night was 12 syns for wine plus whatever chorizo is so I'm happy with that.

Of course it's still bad that I went over on syns but this is a real breakthrough because times gone by would have seen me 'sodding the diet' for one day because 'its only one day - it won't make any difference'. My mindset has changed and I know I'll be back on the jazz tomorrow no matter what. I know I'm not at target but I feel like I am gaining the mentality that will ensure SW is a long term change and not just a phase.

Good work Sparty! This is exactly the thinking that will keep the weight off long term.

I am so proud to report a week binge-free, the first week is always the hardest, and I have been home alone the past 2 nights, and I have been so in control. Today is day 7, and I am going to keep up the momentum. I didn't go to weigh in last night because the ice put me off, plus I know I have done well, so I don't need them to tell me that! If I focus on my behaviour rather than the scales, I will achieve better results for sure.

Feeling really positive, I think I have got my mojo back :)

Back