TOUGH LOVE-APPLY WITHIN

I don't know much about the Cambridge diet. What the basic principle?

around 500kcal, its a meal replacement diet. sounds drastic, it is :( iv tried healthy eatting and i have an issue with food, so i need to get rid of that completely and restart my brain.

x

Wow!! Go you!! 6lb is amazing!!!
Thanks Sparty - worked hard for it - but had had sts and a +2lb gain - the weeks before
I want tough love please.
you and me both!!
I'm 22. Getting married in July, on Cambridge for the 3rd and final time. Been trying to lose weight since 2007, lost 8stone then put it all back on after my mum died.

i comfort eat, and when I'm bored. I'm terrified of failing and getting to goal and not knowing how to eat properly :.(
Hi 13july2013 (assuming that's your wedding date), it sounds like you have had a horrendous time - losing your mum at such a young age is tragic. I'm not familiar with the Cambridge diet but think it might be meal replacements?
around 500kcal, its a meal replacement diet. sounds drastic, it is :( iv tried healthy eatting and i have an issue with food, so i need to get rid of that completely and restart my brain.
x
Ah I was right - personally I couldn't stick to such a strict ard eating regime - but i did start my calorie counting diet by using a SlimFast shake for breakfast (as I really struggle to eat first thing in the morning). How does Cambridge work? one meal a day?

its 3-4 shakes a day and you can have a meal in the evening but i dont. You have to have 3litre min of water. im on day 5 and lost 12lb so far. You go into ketosis which burns fat as energy. I "think" Scotland uses it instead of weight loss surgery as its quicker, safer and faster results. And obv cheaper. lol. i pay £42 a week but thats all my "food" for aweek x

doesnt cambridge diet have something like a re-feed programme to help u maintain ur weightloss?

does that not show you how to eat healthily?

hello anyway everybody :) hope everyone doing ok! am in a bit of a better place at the moment i rejoined SW on tues with a +7lb :( but, im ok with that.
i have come to re-relise that i want to be healthy, not skinny, my body needs good healthy food to function, not minimal calories, and i am the only one to control what goes into my mouth and my body!
i have reset my target for 9st 13lb, totally healthy and totally realistic!
i know that only sleeping every other night makes it harder to loose weight as it is completely messing with my metabolism (Doc told me that) so i have come to accept that, i hae to do what i can and not use that as an excuse to binge! i have my meal planning etc all sorted so i have meals in the freezer/fridge ready for when i have been working and im tired.

doesnt cambridge diet have something like a re-feed programme to help u maintain ur weightloss?

does that not show you how to eat healthily?

hello anyway everybody :) hope everyone doing ok! am in a bit of a better place at the moment i rejoined SW on tues with a +7lb :( but, im ok with that.
i have come to re-relise that i want to be healthy, not skinny, my body needs good healthy food to function, not minimal calories, and i am the only one to control what goes into my mouth and my body!
i have reset my target for 9st 13lb, totally healthy and totally realistic!
i know that only sleeping every other night makes it harder to loose weight as it is completely messing with my metabolism (Doc told me that) so i have come to accept that, i hae to do what i can and not use that as an excuse to binge! i have my meal planning etc all sorted so i have meals in the freezer/fridge ready for when i have been working and im tired.

Loola :) :) :) :) so good to see you back and feeling better. I know you can do this hun. Just take your time and don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I'm back on it this week (day three today) and going well so far.

No I'm struggling because I'm addicted to food.

LoolaHoop - sounds like you are in a positive place and certainly have thought things thru - sure you will succeed, good luck

13juy2013 - I am addicted to food too - I have eaten until I literally cannot breathe - and I am talking crap food I used to eat about 6 packs of salt & vinegar crisps and would feel hungover the following day but woulnd't stop me from opening another packet asap. Since I stopped it all about 6 weeks ago I have felt so much better and no longer crave it - in fact I said to my (very healthy) little sister today - "I know I'm telling you how to suck eggs but once you start eating healthy food you suddenly appreciate how delicious food is and how good it makes you feel and look". Have you bought your wedding dress yet? if so, picture that every time you struggle and come on here and we will all help you in every way we can x

If you gain after a particular diet to the tune of 8

Stone it's safe to say its not working. Diet Iain the head. Those who say they eat healthy and do t lose are either the 1% who have health issues or they are lying to themselves. Do you still go out on a Weekend. Do you have nights off? Reduce calories below energy out put and you
Will lose weight unless your on steroids or other meds or have thyroid etc probs. be true to
Yourself and get on with it. If your being true to healthy eating then go to dr and get bloods done. But if as I suspect you are eating things you shouldn't take it on the chin and try to solve the demon within

I'm maintaining at 10.5 still btw :)

Well done on maintaining Lou. I'm doing well this week - no slips ups and I am feeling less bloated and yuk already. Thankfully my skin is also improving. I'm on EE today.

If you gain after a particular diet to the tune of 8

Stone it's safe to say its not working. Diet Iain the head. Those who say they eat healthy and do t lose are either the 1% who have health issues or they are lying to themselves. Do you still go out on a Weekend. Do you have nights off? Reduce calories below energy out put and you
Will lose weight unless your on steroids or other meds or have thyroid etc probs. be true to
Yourself and get on with it. If your being true to healthy eating then go to dr and get bloods done. But if as I suspect you are eating things you shouldn't take it on the chin and try to solve the demon within

I'm maintaining at 10.5 still btw :)
It's more the fact I had postnatal depression and my mum had died which made me comfort eat.

It's more the fact I had postnatal depression and my mum had died which made me comfort eat.

I had depression after having my daughter n its an awful feeling. Sorry to hear about ur mum.
The good thing is ur trying to sort out ur weight but i dont know much about cambridge diet. All i can say is that if u want it 2 work then stick to it and u will b rewarded with weight loss

thats a brilliant loss - but start thinking now about a strategy to keep your weight on track once you have lost the weight x

if you haven't got it - i'd highly recommend the Hairy Bikers Diet Recipe book - its amazing!

Have a good look on the recipes threads here and slimming world - there are so many healthy recipes - start collecting the ones that will suit you and your husband to be - so you are one step ahead of yourself x

I'm feeling fine, why wouldn't I? Lol I'm probs getting more vitamins then most on here!

Back