Tpotts restart day 28 and off the wagon again!

We're all going on a summer holiday la la la la
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Go to bed and dream wonderful dubai dreams

See you Thursday.
hugs

Day 6 has arrived and Ive dropped another 1lb! Yippeeeeee.
I tried the new cranberry bar yesterday and absolutly loved the flavour, but what are those really really hard lumps all about? I nearly broke a tooth!
I have had less than 3 hours sleep thanks to my teenage daughter and am feeling very tired today! She has just started her first job at a local holiday park before she starts college next month.She is only 16, She is waitressing and pot washing she was supposed to work from 4pm untill 11.30pm. She didn't get in untill 3.15 am! I was sooooo worried and kept calling her on her mobile, which of course was switched off! In the end at about 2.30 I managed to find a phone number for the security guards at the site and they found her still scrubbing pots and pans!
Kids Eh! They can be sooo thoughtless, she didn't even contemplate phoning me to let me know she was working late and that she was OK!:mad: . Of course I couldn't go looking for her because I can't drive, my husband works nights and didn't have his phone with him! So I was in a right old panic by the time she got home! Luckly the holiday park supply lifts home for staff in there mini van! But she told me the other day the last van always goes at 11.45pm. So you can imagine how worried I was! I thought she was going to be stranded with no lift home and no money and have to walk 2 miles in the dark on her own! But fortunatly the mini vans keep going all night untill all the staff are home! What a relief!! Otherwise I don't know how she would have got home! Darling Daughter is now sleeping like a baby and I'm here completly knackared and seething with a full day at work ahead of me!!
Oh so sorry about the rant, I just needed to get it off my chest! Hopefully I will calm down before I get to work!
Have a good day everyone and keep to those diets!
Love

KIds! Who'd have 'em? Nobody in their right mind! Poor you, I can imagine you tearing your hair out. They just don't think do they. I must say I think that is terribly irresponsible of her employers though, she is very young to be working to that hour, there are rules for under 18 year olds and I should think they are breaking them. It must be the night for it, I was woken by the phone at 5am telling us that the burglar alrm had gone off at one of our nurseries. So we quickly got dressed and went down their, husband driving at 3000 miles per hour, thought we'd die before we even got there! Anyway, thankfully there was no burglar(has been in the past so always a bit scared when alarm goes) and we were hoem again by 6 but really not worth going to bed so here I am chatting to you! See, it's not all bad! Have a good day, Love

KIds! Who'd have 'em? Nobody in their right mind! Poor you, I can imagine you tearing your hair out. They just don't think do they. I must say I think that is terribly irresponsible of her employers though, she is very young to be working to that hour, there are rules for under 18 year olds and I should think they are breaking them. It must be the night for it, I was woken by the phone at 5am telling us that the burglar alrm had gone off at one of our nurseries. So we quickly got dressed and went down their, husband driving at 3000 miles per hour, thought we'd die before we even got there! Anyway, thankfully there was no burglar(has been in the past so always a bit scared when alarm goes) and we were hoem again by 6 but really not worth going to bed so here I am chatting to you! See, it's not all bad! Have a good day, Love

Hi Barb
Thank goodness it was a falce alarm, although it must have been very stressfull for you and your husband.
I'm sure you are right about the emplyment laws! They really are taking advantage of her. Of course being only 16 and earning her own money my DD won't hear a word against them! But to be honest if she continues to have to do these late hours I will put my foot down! I cant keep waiting up all night worrying that she's been abducted! They are also such slave drivers. She has worked there for one and a half weeks now and she is doing all the washing up from the restaurant and kitchen on her own by HAND!! They are supposed to be getting the dishwasher fixed, but still havn't after all this time! She is also waitressing in between scrubbing the pots, pans and plates etc! The rest of staff have taken to calling her Cinderella because of how hard she is having to work!
I do admire her for being so hard working, but I'm not at all happy about the situation!
I don't want to burst her bubble, because she is just so happy to be earning her own money, but I don't want them to keep taking advantage of her. I think I'm going to have to step in soon and really lay down some rules!

Tracey, I think you are absolutely right. She is being taken advantage of. I know she is probably feeling very grown up earning her own money etc.. but those hours and conditions do not sound right. You put your Motherly foot down. If you are worried it is probably your instinct telling you to get involved. Let me know what you end up doing.

here,here Barb!!!!

There surely must be working regulations for someone so young. She is def. being taken advantage of! Does she get decent overtime payments or expected to continue at normal rate. I think you need to put your motherly foot down on them! Your daughter obviously feels grown up now and happy to be employed, but such a hard worker as she sounds could probably get a much better job that slave labour!!

Poor you, all those late nights of worry too!

Hope the work situation for duaghter improves soon, and you can get a worry free nights kip!!!

Good Morning All:)
Day 7.
Feeling really exhausted today, I'm still not sleeping very well. But hey ho....life goes on! I had what can only be described as the day from hell yesterday, what with the lack of sleep I was feeling tired. But also I had nothing but rude people in all day. If someone wanted to have a moan about anything at all yesterday... I was the one they moaned at! To make matters even worse 5 minutes before I was due to leave the house for work yesterday I broke the zip on my trousers! I wouldn't have minded but it wasn't because they were too small, because they were actually a kittle big for me, but the end of the zip broke off and I couldn't get it back on again. So I had a frantic five minutes trying to find another pair of suitible trousers to wear to work! What a palava!!:mad:
Barb and Donna...I have had serious talk with DD and explained about not being taken advantage of at work. I also explained that if it continues I will be reporting her employers to the correct authorities and I would not let her continue to work for that company. They are such slave drivers! Well DD managed to come home last night bang on time! So hopefully everything will be sorted out now.:)

Helly... Fab countdown! Now I'm getting to get even more excited about our hols every day LOL. Yippppeeeeee:D :D

I haven't lost anymore weight since yesterday, but hopefully another pound or two will melt away by the end of the week!
I had the new CD peanut bar yesterday..... I luuuurved the flavour! But what is it with the new bars and the hard lumps of what I can only describe as gravel??? They really hurt your teeth!:confused:
Right I'm off to work soon, lets hope I have a better day today.... It feels like Ive never been away from the place now and Ive only been back a couple of days! Yikes!!!
Have a great day everyone and good luck to you all on your different trips to slimdom!

Hello
Well had a busy day at work, but all in all it wasn't too bad. I'm still SSing. I haven't felt hungry for the last couple of days, but tonight I have been really tempted to eat. My son has invited a school friend around for the evening and they ordered in Pizza's and chips! Oooh the smell! I have not caved in and I'm sure I will be OK, but Ive convinced myself that I'm hungry. I know I cant be hungry because Ive stuck to SS and not cheated once in the last seven days. It's just nasty Doris the chatter box trying to tempt me!
I wont give in, but now my tummy is rumbling! :( Oh why does food always smell soooooo wonderfull!
Oh well 6 weeks and 1 day and I can eat for one whole week! Yippeeee!
I CAN do this! Well at least I hope I can! :confused:

AHH dont give in you have done so well!! I am restarting today and your diary has really helped me to stay out of the kitchen!!
I am right there with you about the new bars - the hard bits in them arent necessary are they? :)

Your holiday in Dubai sounds as if it's going to be fab - all you slinky ladies. They're not going to know whats hit them!!:D

AHH dont give in you have done so well!! I am restarting today and your diary has really helped me to stay out of the kitchen!!
I am right there with you about the new bars - the hard bits in them arent necessary are they? :)

Your holiday in Dubai sounds as if it's going to be fab - all you slinky ladies. They're not going to know whats hit them!!:D

Thankyou for your support. I have been very good and not given in to my CB. I really am determind to get slim again and hopefully this time remain slim! But boy or boy it's sooo hard isn't it!
Good luck with your restart today.

Stick with it Tracey, you have done so well this week, this is the best you have done since stopping the first time..................be very very strong and hold your head up high for you are the ss queen

Stick with it Tracey, you have done so well this week, this is the best you have done since stopping the first time..................be very very strong and hold your head up high for you are the ss queen

Thanks June! I will polish my crown! Now don't forget to curtsy when you see me! LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good Morning Everyone! :D
Day 8 is here and Ive dropped another 2lb! So thats a total of 10lb since last Friday! Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeee.
Weight now 13stone 3lb! Only 3stone 3lb to go! Now if only I knew how to change the ticker it would be more acurate? So really I have 45lb to go to get to target! Thank goodness I am finally getting rid of this recent weight gain!
I'm still feeling exhausted, I just cant sleep. I went to bed at 10 last night because I was so tired, but I didn't drift off untill getting on for midnight. Then I woke up at 1am and laid there looking at the clock untill 5.30! I think I nodded off,Then of course my Dh got in from work at just after 6am and woke me up! :( .
So here I am all sleepy again and not really looking forward to a days work! Oh well at least I have Sunday and monday off. Maybe I can catch up with some kip then?
So how is everybody else getting on? Are you all melting away ? I do hope so! keep on going everyone, we all deserve to be slim and we all will be slim! Good luck to you all on your various diets! We will succeed!
Have a lovely day!

So pleased your still with it and you've lost another 2lbs.

YAY for the 10 pounds. In a week thats fantastic :)

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. :( Hope you get a visit from the sleep fairy tonight (as my 4yr old would say!! :D)

Hello Friend

So glad that another 2lbs has been flushed away!!!

Still not sleeping, strange isn't it. Do you think it is cos you're worrying about stuff or could it be as simple as your made not being comfy? Do you sleep ok when you're away from home?

How was work today, my name magically appeared on the rota so it seems that you will be graced with my presence after all.

Hi Guys!
Well another pound disapeared today as if by magic! WooooHoooo!:D
So only 3st 2lb to go now! Yipppeeeeeeeee!
I'm still not sleeping very well, but did manage to catch a few hours kip. Ive never been a very good sleeper, but now I think my body has got in to the habit of waking up at 1am and I just don't seem to get back off again for hours! I'm not particularly worrying about anything, it's just when I wake up my mind seems to start raceing and I cant switch off! It's very frustrating! Hopefully I will get sooo worn out soon that my body will just conk out and I will get a full nights sleep LOL.
I'm working today and we have a fully booked clinic so it will will be nice and busy. So hopefully I will be nice and tired by tonight. I am going to spritz my bed and room tonight with some lavender and hope that it chills me out and helps me to sleep!
I am enjoying being back at work again, although I am finding it physically exhausting. I did start to get a lot of pain again yesterday, but I managed to work through it. Hopefully the doctors will actually decide whats wrong with me soon and sort me out! Afterall Ive been ill for nearly four months!
I'm really pleased with myself for sticking to SS, I have usually caved in by now and started to nibble. This time round I seem to have my head in the right place. I still regret my huge weight gain this year and I feel so disapointed in myself for being so weak when I was faced with food, but hopefully this time around I will get to goal and keep my weight down. I will always have a problem with my addiction to food, but I hope that this time around I will control it better. I have got to learn moderation, which is terribly hard because I'm a greedy person. I do love food and Ive always had a passion for cooking. In fact I'm told a am a pretty good cook!
This time round though I'm going to get to goal and maintain properly and keep those nasty food demons out of my mind! LOL.
Have a great day everyone and keep going! We will all be slim soon!

Back