Tpotts restart day 28 and off the wagon again!

Morning

Another lb gone, you are melting away:D The rate we're going we'll all be able to share 1 camel next year cos we'll all be light as a feather.

I'm patiently (not) waiting for Robyn to hurry up so I can get off to work! Hate arriving at the last minute but you know what these teenagers are like!

See you in a while.

Tracey you certainley have good your strong will back......now you just need the sleep:eek: you must be shattered. see you at work :)

Hi Tracey, you are doing really well, you must be so chuffed. Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep, it's annoying how our bodies are so keen to pick up bad habits, like waking at 1am for no reason. I wonder what would happen if you stayed up till 1am and then tried sleeping? It might just break the pattern for you. Anyway, hope you have a good day, love

Hi Guys
What do you think of this! Talk about being rude!
A regular customer came in the shop today and she said the following:
OMG youve gained all your weight back. You really must get on a diet straight away! What a shame youve let yourself go, youve always had such a pretty face and last year you had such a stunning body! You used to look like a model! You really must lose some weight!
Well as you can imagine I was rather set back!
I did try to explain to her that actually:
1 I hadn't gained all my weight back only half.
2 I had been rather ill for the past four months and on rather a lot of medication.
3 I have been back on my diet for 9 days now and that I have lost 11lb. To which I was rather pleased!
She then turned around and said 11lb in 9 days! Oh thats terribly quick, you will only pile it all straight back on again!
Well by this point I was getting rather miffed so I made my excuses and walked away. As I was going I heard her say to one of my colleagues " I hope I didn't upset her" to which my colleague replied " Well she needed to hear it, it will do her good! " Nice eh?
Am I having a bit of a bad day or what?? LOL

I was regailing this tale to Cheb and she says that well we expect everyone to notice when we lose weight and we enjoy it, but it's not so nice when they notice when we gain weight! I think she's right! I will have to take the rough with the smooth!
I shouldn't really take what the customer said to heart. Afterall I did lap up all the praise last year when I was slim. It's just I thought the customer was rather rude. Why is it that if you are overweight, people assume you don't have feelings? Also what gives my colleague the right to assume I need reminding how fat ive got, especailly as she knows I'm back on my diet and losing weight!
Oh well rant all over with!
I'm rather proud of myself actually because if this person had said these things to me a week or so ago I would have stuffed myself with goodies to comfort myself. Not this time though! I'm happy that I'm on my diet, I'm proud that I'm sticking with it. I'm thrilled that this morning I purchaced a pair of size 14 trousers from Next and they look damn good!
Ok, Ive calmed down now! No more ranting LOL

Last edited:
Oooh how rude. I don't think anyone has the right to say how anyone should live their life including dieting and I would have probably said as much.

Thanks Lisa.
I have calmed down a bit now and I can actually see the funny side of it, but it did knock me for six! I think that if your overweight people assume you have a thick skin as well!

Isnt it funny how other peoples insecurities and whats going through there heads gets relefected when they talk?

Pierce

You are so right Pierce!!

I am impressed Tracey - I would have had to bite my tongue not to tell her where to go!! :eek: And as for your colleague - well :(

Oooooh HOW VERY DARE SHE!!!

Well done for not turning to food for comfort, try and use their comments to spur you on :p

You're doing great, don't let two ejits comments spoil it for you...

love
Geri
xx

HI TRACEY

Well i have come on here tonight to tell you and nikkie how great you both looked to day, and for your customer how rude but some people in this world are like that.:eek: if there not happy with themselfs everyone around them has to be unhappy.But like i said before you look great and im really pleased for you that it is going well:) .

I think that is horrible - how dare she!!!!! I think i'd be annoyed with your colleague as well. GRRRR. People are very rude!

Good on you for keeping to the diet - you are disapearing before our eyes!!!

Thankyou Pierce, DQ, Geri, Kelly, Boofaloo and chicken!
You have all cheered me up immencley! I'm going to ignor nasty comments from both the customer and the skinny self obsessed work colleague! I will continue to SS and get lovely and slim and I'm not going to let the so and so's get me down!

That's the spirit honey!! There's nothing scarier for people than seeing someone DO something that they don't think they can do - in one ear, out the other and go your own way mate :D

YOU GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet you have achieved more and learnt more about yourself than the customer and your collegue have in their lifetime.

You are doing so fab x

Hey Tracey

Keep your chin up and don't let the b*****s get you down, rise above it. The customer, I can't really remember who is she is; so she's obviously lacking in personality and charisma and failed to make a lasting impression on me during her visits to the store. You on the other hand quite clearly made a lasting impression on her. What does that tell you? You are a sparkling vibrant person to be around regardless of your shape and size. Her opinion counts for nothing nor would anybody elses who could be rude and tactless like that. You know how people are, I wonder if she was so gushing with her compliments last year or if she just observed your success quietly, some people just seem to get something out of it if people have a setback.

We want them to notice when we lose and of course to shower us with compliments, but of course the flip side is that they will notice if we gain a bit. What we do not have accept is that people have a right to comment on a gain, that surely is rude in anybodys book. Sadly though there are a lot of rude people around! The only people who I think can quietly whisper and give you a nudge if things are going to far is your bestest buddies:D So if you notice my lardy bum increasing, it's ok you can tell me but please be gentle how you break it to me!

The colleague? well we know she's screwed up and self centred. Put it out your mind, their opinions don't matter.

What does matter, is how fantastically brilliant you are doing and how you are racing back towards the finishing line. Keep it up (I know you will) and remember you are doing this for you, nobody else. You are doing this to be healthy and fit and attractive and confident. But you must also remember that nasty thoughless people will always have something to say that might cause offence, a bit like a school bully, if it's not how you look it would be how you sound or how you dress or bring up your kids or the colour of you flipping kitchen curtains!!!!

By the way your new trousers look great, size 14; you're smaller than the average woman already! When they get too big, pass them on to your friend!

Big hugs, sleep tight and I'll see you in the morning.

Good ~Morning Everyone
Day 10 and guess what? DUM DUM DUMMMMMMM!!!!!(dramatic music! ):D
Ive lost another 1lb! I can't believe my good luck! So thats now 12lb in 10 dayss! Yipppppeeeeeeee. I think I'm actually going to make it this time! I'm losing weight again and loving it! Life is just sooooooo gooooood!!!:D
Thankyou guys for all your lovely kind words yesterday! You have all cheered me up and I'm not going to let nasty people upset me!
Nikkie, you will be very welcome to my trousers when they are too big for me, but sweety they will be probably too big for you too!
I'm still not sleeping terrifically well, but I did get a fews hours last night, so I cant complain.
I have a busy morning ahead of me. I have got to bake a choccy birthday cake for Chebs daughter Robyn and then I'm off to watch DS play in a local footy tournament!
After that I'm going to take my very naughty, but very lovely Puppy out for a nice long walk! Well providing it's not chucking it down too heavy!
Have a great day!

Tracey, try to ignore your customer, think of the nice ones and their comments what colleague said that!!!!!!!!!!!!! your pounds are just melting away, keep going girl you can do it, show your customers what you can do.:D have a lovley walk with Candy

Back