Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Hello all! I've been a bit lax at posting on here for the last few weeks - my Dad's been back in hospital, so lots of visiting and worrying has been wearing me out!

I'm allowing myself a no-counting day today because I think I'm getting a bit too thin - boy, I never thought I'd say that!! I weighed at 9st 8lbs this morning, so maybe after a piggy day I can at least get back to my recorded weight of 9st 12lbs, lol. I still feel fat, of course, but having spent a lot of time in hospital lifts with big mirrors, I can see that I'm not - it's such a weird disconnect between eyes and brain, but I'm working on it!! :) xx

Hope your dads being sorted out and that you can worry less.

I know the feeling fat while being thin takes a while for your brain to catch up with.

Hello all! I've been a bit lax at posting on here for the last few weeks - my Dad's been back in hospital, so lots of visiting and worrying has been wearing me out! I'm allowing myself a no-counting day today because I think I'm getting a bit too thin - boy, I never thought I'd say that!! I weighed at 9st 8lbs this morning, so maybe after a piggy day I can at least get back to my recorded weight of 9st 12lbs, lol. I still feel fat, of course, but having spent a lot of time in hospital lifts with big mirrors, I can see that I'm not - it's such a weird disconnect between eyes and brain, but I'm working on it!! :) xx

Sorry your dad isn't well :( how is your knee by the way? Xx

Just popped in to subscribe.

Hope your dads being sorted out and that you can worry less. I know the feeling fat while being thin takes a while for your brain to catch up with.

Thanks, Tara, he's getting there. :) He's in an intermediate care hospital at the moment,
working on getting him mobile enough to go back home again. They've started him on insulin while he's been in there, and I think that will continue at home, whereas he's always managed his diabetes with diet and tablets before. :) xx

Sorry your dad isn't well :( how is your knee by the way? Xx

Thanks, hon. :) He's improving, as I said above, but it's been the worry of whether he'd be able to regain his independence enough to go home - fingers crossed he will.

My knee is still very painful, especially with all the walking round hospitals and sitting with it bent during visiting - it still really doesn't like staying bent for long, lol. My left knee seems to be deteriorating at the moment, which is annoying - at least my low weight helps in that respect, though as Paul says all my muscle has disappeared as well as the fat! :D xx

Oh! I hope your dad is allowed out soon.

And I think it's a good idea to have a day off counting every now and then, after all you don't want Kathryn on your case! Enjoy your no counting day!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

They've started him on insulin while he's been in there, and I think that will continue at home, whereas he's always managed his diabetes with diet and tablets before. :) xx

I've been diabetic since my 30's and on insulin for about 10 years. I felt much less fatigued and generally better once the insulin was started. I hope the same is true for your dad.

I've been diabetic since my 30's and on insulin for about 10 years. I felt much less fatigued and generally better once the insulin was started. I hope the same is true for your dad.

Oh thanks, that's good to know! He's never been very good with his dietary control - he's not overweight, but is definitely a sugar addict (wonder where I get it from?!). Hopefully the insulin will help him. :) xx

Oh! I hope your dad is allowed out soon. And I think it's a good idea to have a day off counting every now and then, after all you don't want Kathryn on your case! Enjoy your no counting day! Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Thanks, Stack! I feel a bit sick now, bleurgh!! It will be quite interesting to see what my weight is in the morning - I bet the gain will be disproportionate to what I've actually eaten today. :D xx

Thanks, Stack! I feel a bit sick now, bleurgh!! It will be quite interesting to see what my weight is in the morning - I bet the gain will be disproportionate to what I've actually eaten today. :D xx

Oh without a doubt. The scales will try and tell you that you ate a whole bakery section when in reality you probably had one cake!!! :-D

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Well I almost did it - ate my way back up to 9st 11.3lbs, so a valiant effort, lol. All joking apart, I really do feel like crap today, a day like that always serves to highlight what an overload of sugar does to the body, because I genuinely feel hungover. Back to being good today, with a great sense of relief! :) xx

Oh without a doubt. The scales will try and tell you that you ate a whole bakery section when in reality you probably had one cake!!! :-D Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Well if by one cake you mean an entire Soreen malt loaf with butter.... :D xx

Well if by one cake you mean an entire Soreen malt loaf with butter.... :D xx

I used to eat one of those a day when I was pregnant but I had HG for the full 8 months so never kept any of it down! Ever! But I loved it, still do :)

I used to eat one of those a day when I was pregnant but I had HG for the full 8 months so never kept any of it down! Ever! But I loved it, still do :)

Mmm, I love it too - I'm surprised you still do if it reminds you of pregnancy sickness though, lol. :D xx

Mmm, I love it too - I'm surprised you still do if it reminds you of pregnancy sickness though, lol. :D xx

Other foods and smells I can't go anywhere near even 18 years later. But Malt loaf is the exception :)

Back