Trampolines

nictastic

Says it as it is!!!
Just wondering if anyone one with kids has a trampoline for them, and if so do they use it or does it just get left to go icky?

death traps hun

Got a baby ish 1 lol ive always thought id break it but tried it the other day and well didnt! My neighbours have a massive 1 i want a go! xx

oooo one of those big ones that goes in the garden... always wanted one!!

yeah, i was looking at the ones with all the safety nets etc...for the kids;) and maybe for mummy too

maintrampwe4.jpg

my girls have got a 12ft one,i didnt want on as i was scared one ofthem would get hurt ,you have to watch them all the time and i will only let my 2 do basic jumps no bloody flips ,i go on it as well and its great fun ,if you get one make sure you get the net hun ,definatly money worth spent its just an eyesore xx

mmm the watching them all the time doesnt sound good ....maybe i should re think

sorry only IMHO as a ex trampolinist/instructor these are some of the most dangerous forms of sports equipment that are never used as they should be, Iknow I sound a kill joy but it concerns me deeply. I know, personally 2 people who had serious accidents one cant walk and one wont talk again the latter one literally fell from the hieght of one about 4 feet, think hard before getting one xx

i know where you are coming from hun ,i really didnt want my 2 to get one (well meaning grandparents)i only let them on one at a time and they are only allowed to do basic jumps,pissing about is not allowed,its really hard to keep the little buggers entertained nowadays,i dont let my 2 play out as there are too many sick people in this world and i dont want them sat on there arses playing computer games either,my trampoline is fully enclosed and the girls are fully supervised when on it ,it depends on whether you have got the time to watch them and if they will be sensible xx

We have one with a net. Mine are older so can be left and all 3 have done trampolining at gymnastics so have learnt the basic moves (and some more advanced ones!) I've only recently started letting my son go out with his friends without me (he is a teenager now) but before the children spent many a happy time on it. They stll do, just not as much!

Now hubby often uses it to sunbathe on when they are out!

I've been on it and it is great fun and good exercise but boy, after 3 children, I get off coz I need the loo!!!! Lol!!! Must remember to do my pelvic floor exercises!!!!

We have a 10 ft one and the boys love it....my eldest who is 14 has even slimmed down. I have also been on it and loved it.......its fun and the kids get some decent exercise too.
If you are worried get an enclosure for it......but my 2 are fine and have not fallen once. I think if you tell them to be responsible on it they should be fine.

We have a 14ft one, best thing ive brought in years for my daughter, have had it about 3 yrs and its constantly in use by her and her friends. My neighbours used to come round to play on it all the time too until they got thier own. Now my daughter is older (16) its still used, when the weather is nice my daughter and her friends sleep on it, they just drag all their quilts and sleeping bags out and have a night under the stars :) and not 1 accident yet, but saying that my friend at work has just broken her ankle in 2 places on hers so not so lucky.

Just wondering if anyone one with kids has a trampoline for them, and if so do they use it or does it just get left to go icky?
Too many injuries so got rid!!

sorry only IMHO as a ex trampolinist/instructor these are some of the most dangerous forms of sports equipment that are never used as they should be, Iknow I sound a kill joy but it concerns me deeply. I know, personally 2 people who had serious accidents one cant walk and one wont talk again the latter one literally fell from the hieght of one about 4 feet, think hard before getting one xx
OMFG....Well with the way my 11yr old has no sense of danger i WILL NOT be buying one now after reading that!!!!
Thanks Gazza xxxx

I have no choice but to watch Millie constantly on hers anyway x

i know where you are coming from hun ,i really didnt want my 2 to get one (well meaning grandparents)i only let them on one at a time and they are only allowed to do basic jumps,pissing about is not allowed,its really hard to keep the little buggers entertained nowadays,i dont let my 2 play out as there are too many sick people in this world and i dont want them sat on there arses playing computer games either,my trampoline is fully enclosed and the girls are fully supervised when on it ,it depends on whether you have got the time to watch them and if they will be sensible xx
I am like you lil...my boys don't go out of the gardens ...much to my 11 yr olds annoyment!!! i am soooo scared of something happening...only last week on a park near my mum's someone got beat to near death, and is intensive care as we speak, with golf clubs by a group of asians and it turned out to be mistaken identity...he was 17 yrs old!!!!!!
Like you say it is hard to keep them entertained espcially when all there mates have something different and they want it ...god, it would cost you a fortune to keep up with everyone!
I was wanting something they could get good exercise with, but eith minimal supervision as when they are playing together is the only time i ever get anything done!

Bloody hell thats scary Nic!! I think ill be inviting Millies friends in instead! I hate it when you see young kids walking around the streets alone! xx

I think if you tell them to be responsible on it they should be fine.
My eldest is autistic (aspergers) & ADHD ....so he wouldnt get it or will forget and act impulsively ......oh well bummer any ideas for anything else we already have swings and slide ..but they seem to get bored of it

Back