Trapped in old body

Lin18

Silver Member
Just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lost nearly 5st now and when im out I still feel as I always did, the biggest person in the room, when shopping for clothes still pick up more square shaped, styles that I think will cover me up, although im still quite large nothing like before, maybe it just takes time to adjust to new me.:confused:

Lin,
Wow 5 stone!! is amazing.... You must look like a totally different person.. Pictures are needed... Try and take yourself out of your old body.. you will feel so much better for it....... You must look incredible........ I cant wait to lose 5 stone......

Why dont you go to one of the shops where the advise you what suits you as a new person. that could be quite good.. I must admit I do find it harder with certain things when Im buying cause I still look a bit at black things and bigger.. whereas I have tried to change and get more fitted things and look so much better in them..

You have done amazingly well and your a true inspiration hop out of that old bod and into a new one cause I am sure you look amazing xx

Curly pics in album, i can see a difference, I dont think its a visual thing, defo mental, got another 3lb to go for 5st but next week should hit it still have another 3st to go, think its a good idea not to go alone shopping and let someone else pick stuff out, i have no clue, due to being large for sooooo long.

Lin just wanted to say you look absolutelty fantastic! I would have never guessed that you had a BMI of 32 you look so much thinner.
Keep up the great work chick because its paying off, you'll be at goal in no time. x

Your right ama, its wierd, everbodys says oh my god look at you your so much better now, which is great in one way, but another makes me feel a little sad that i looked so bad to start with, a so called friend asked me to go out, like its ok for me to go now but wasnt before, no thanks. I think i felt more protected the bigger i was in a strange kind of way and more vunerable now, it makes people think its ok to talk about my weight now, confidence I think im lacking confidence, do they have a diet for that would love to give it a go lol
maybe the brain will catch up to the body soon, just like my baggy skin lol

Reactions: Mia
Lin I know exactly how you feel. I've always been overweight and when I was 19 (now 25) I lost all the weight and got down to a size 12. Even though I knew I was buying small clothes and looked good in them I still felt like a size 18. Its all in your head. I learnt the hard way that I was slim and put it all back and more and now have 6st to lose.

You need to keep telling yourself how much you've lost and that its a fantastic achievement. Have you kept any of your old clothes? Try them on and see how much room there is in them!!

I try on my old clothes occasionally when I feel frustrated. It really helps me! Lin you look lovely, and have done so well!!

Yesterday i emptied my wardrobe, i have nothing left of fat clothes all gone bar one pair of pants i know they are huge, milloins of empty hangers waiting to be filled, oh the dread of clothes shopping again. In my earlier CD days i couldnt wait to go shopping and buy all new stuff, dont think i know where to start, as curly suggested i will have to take someone with me, when i reach goal

You can go to Debenhams and get a personal shopper. They will be able to pick out what will suit you and make the most of the new figure you've got. I think its even free so just take a good friend with you and lots of money :)

I havent got to goal yet, but I was talking to someone recently about not having a clue about fashion or makeup etc... so I think I too will have some issues when I get to goal.
I plan to go shopping with my sis who is slim and who has a good eye for fashion, but I would also go to a personal shopper at one of the department stores too.

Anyway...
What I would like to say, is you are looking fabulous!
Well done on your massive achievement!

xx

WOW WOW WOW!!!! Lin I just had a look at your pictures!!
You look truly amazing!!! You really do... You look like a totally different person and you must feel wonderful as you certainly look it..
Well done you.. you are an inspiration you really are xxxxx

YOU LOOK STUNNING!!!!
Never doubt how well you have done and how far you have come! :)
Also, i would definately advise the personall shopper route, not only will it be a super way to spoil youself, but they will also be able to see where you might be going wrong....introduce you to new styles, colours etc and maybe it might make you see what we all see, a beautiful slim woman!
Keep up the good work hun!
xxxx

Bloody hell Lin, I just looked at your pics!! You dont even look like the same person! You look amazing! You've given me a boost now, thanks so much. I've been having a really hard weekend and seeing the difference in you has really helped me xxxx

Lin, you look amazing - what a difference!!! Keep up the good work

now, thanks so much. I've been having a really hard weekend and seeing the difference in you has really helped me xxxx

It really makes me feel good to know that, i think seeing pics of people does help alot, i know look at then and now pictures did spur me on.

Might wait a little longer to get personal shopper treatment, am meant to be having a mekover in a month, my CDC has a boutique and to drum up a bit of business, she has asked me if i would do it, i wasnt sure at first, picture in local rag, but new hair do, new clothes and underwear hard to pass up, see how i feel closser to the time hope I dont bottle it.

You look absolutely fantastic, there is such a big difference in your before and now photos, you have done so well... I would definately go for a personal shopper in a department store, or look through some magazines to see what the fashion is.
I have now lost 34lb and some days I struggle to see where I have lost the weight but today at church 3 people all commented on how great I look, someone even said stunning, and all I had on was straight jeans, a lime green vest top with a fitted black shirt on over the top, and although I see people every week, it was this week that they all decided to comment, so maybe you just need to look for something a bit more fitted now that you have lost so much weight.

Hi Lin

If you think the problem is more in you head( sorry I can't access your pics, but hey after losing that much weight you must look amazing), why don't you try taking just little baby steps, and build your confidence slowly. Go get an amazing pair of shoes.......have a makeover and buy a new lipstick. treat yourself to a fab an sexy new set of undies, a new bag ?

Then as you start to feel really good about yourself go for the burn and get a new outfit?

I kind of now how you feel..... I have a long way to go yet but today I HAD to buy a pair of new trousers. i didn't have a single pair left that didn't fall off as I walked. I went straight to the outsize dept out of habit and thought ok I'll get a pair of size 22 (was size 26), tried them on and they were far too big. i walked out of the shop eventually with a pair of size 18!!!!!!!!!!

I can't beleive it!!!!! Haven't been that size for at least 10 years, but instead of being elated, I feel a bit like a fish out of water. It has unnerved me a bit as the weight is coming off quite quickly and I haven't really given my head a chance to catch up if that makes sense.

I think that as a larger person you sometimes feel that you don't deserve to look good/nice and so it's hard to shake that mindset, and am worried that the first bit of critisism will send me back to the biscuit tin!!!

I can't take a compliment I guess!

Hi Lin

I can't beleive it!!!!! Haven't been that size for at least 10 years, but instead of being elated, I feel a bit like a fish out of water. It has unnerved me a bit as the weight is coming off quite quickly and I haven't really given my head a chance to catch up if that makes sense.

I think that as a larger person you sometimes feel that you don't deserve to look good/nice and so it's hard to shake that mindset, and am worried that the first bit of critisism will send me back to the biscuit tin!!!

That is so true it is very unnerving, not knowing where to start. Im sure i'll get there, you will too. :)

Back