***TRENDY THURSDAY DAILY THREAD***

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
Good morning dear daily threaders

Sincere wishes to all that today offers a rewarding CD experience.

Thanks for some lovely and touching messages to me of late, I am most grateful.

Will be having a quiet day working from home. I am rubbish at drinking enough water so I will be making a special effort to rectify this.

But I am pleased to report that I have now achieved 3 days SS+ without any blips and feeling keen to get into the 10 stones as soon as I can.

Today is Trendy Thursday, in honour of the inevitable changes that losing weight with CD will make to our appearances, confidence, style of dressing... and the forthcoming enjoyment of expressing to the world that there is a vibrant slim person within us all!

Best wishes:dooney:- sorry, couldn't find a snazzy pair of shoes for the fellas too! x

Last edited:
Oh trendy Thursday does sound nice - lovely small clothes ;) Felt really good this morning as I put my jeans on, they are really loose now and considering I couldn't wear them at the beginning without cutting off circulation to my stomach!

Just off to work now, it's freezing out there - just been out to start my car running in the hopes it's nice and warm by the time I get in it.

Well done bling on staying SS - you'll soon be at your goal, hope today is another good day for you.

Good luck to everyone with a weigh in today - hope those lbs are disappearing!

xx

Well done sarah on staying in cd land!! Am pleased x

Katie - nice one!! BEST feeling is clothes getting too big!! You go girl!

I'm soooo bloated , now 6 days late on period , and no not up the duff LOL just erratic cycle! Ya know when you can feel ya period just hanging about!! But not arriving arrgh

Right off to get ready for work and sort the kidlets

Have a great day all x

Morning all, I'm still around on my hamster wheel! Mr T has been in India all week and back tonight at some point....although some twerp booked him on the wrong shuttle from hthwrw to Mancs,I am like an excited teenager(in spirit not looks).
Mrs E I know exactly how you feel, I went to docs last week about my dodgy cycle as my weight loss has made no difference,although I am not bmi 25 I had similar probs when I was that weight so now the medics can't bark at me for being obese have plucked up the courage to try and get to the bottom(no pun intended) of it- got an ovarian scan next week(had one years ago they couldn't find anything,was told may have probs having kids,but was lucky we didn't).
Anyway all, hello and goodbye am not avoiding posting due to my weekend devil(booze), it's just hectic here with Mr T away in week,then being social and enjoying being with him at weekend.

ps well done Emma P,you got your mojo back, Alex well done on reaching an all time low this week,Bling so pleased your diet going well,Mrs E looking fab as ever and bring on that t.o.t.m and finally well done all you new starters this diet really will chande your life-I am in such a better place than I was this time last year and I am still 1st 7 off my original goal. x

Good Morning ladies,

Managed my first day SS yesterday and by this morning i had lost the pound id gained between last nights WI and the WI before that. *phew*

Now time to settle down and get completely in the zone.
No hunger pangs yesterday which made it easier altho my tummy did have some talking to do last night haha much to my OH's amusement while we watched 24 in bed haha

Mt tiredness has started all over again though :( Its draining me completely.
Does anyone have this on SS? x

Yeah hayley, i get really tired. But i find the more active i am the less tired i feel (strange).

I have been 100% ss now for 3 full days, this will be day 4.... and i've only lost 1lb since Monday. I've done loads of exercise and i'm wondering if my muscles are holding water, is that likely? or do you think i'll see a sudden drop in a couple of days?

Really want to get this weight off asap, that's why i'm hitting the gym so hard, i just hope it's not hindering me!

Anyway, i am 1 shake down, just about to start glugging water. Not going to the gym until later today, as i did so much yesterday and my muscles are killing me.

Off to cook a lasagne for the grandparents now as one came out of hospital yesterday, she suffers with COPD, and the other has just had a hip replacement. Then it's off to my son's assembly this afternoon, which he is a little nervous about.

I hope you all have a great day whatever you are doing, and lets get through another 100% ss day together xxx

Hey
Trim T, you really should not be on SS now that your BMI is under 25, you could lose lean mass. You should be on 810.

Haven't posted in the main forum for ages. Hope you're all well. Mrsessex, I know what you mean! I can feel it lurking but it won't come. Grr.

Hello sbridge7, i am aware of the CD guidelines in regards to the plans. This is my 2nd run at it. I always ss until goal, but thank you for your concern x

Good morning all,

MrsE - Mine was 7 days late and I'm paying for it now :( owww!

TrimT - Good luck for day 4 hun :)

MrsT - I hope hubbys home tonight :)

Bling - I hope you enjoy your day in. PJ DAY!

Hayley - I don't think I feel anymore tired than normal while on SS, sorry hun.

As for me...

Just woke up, hubby has taken wee man to nursery and gone to work, so I have to get off my butt and pick him up at 11:15. I hope my joints will be more mobile by then.

No pain in my knees, but they're stiff and swollen. Both elbows are now swollen and sore. Andddd now the base of my spine and shoulder are hurting. I think I must lie in some dodgy positions lol.

A flare up like this can last me up to 10 days :cry:

I'm working tonight at 5pm-1am, I've had 3 days off work, so this will give me something to think about other than food!

So hopefully I can have a reasonably easy day.

Yeah hayley, i get really tired. But i find the more active i am the less tired i feel (strange).

I have been 100% ss now for 3 full days, this will be day 4.... and i've only lost 1lb since Monday. I've done loads of exercise and i'm wondering if my muscles are holding water, is that likely? or do you think i'll see a sudden drop in a couple of days?

Really want to get this weight off asap, that's why i'm hitting the gym so hard, i just hope it's not hindering me!

Anyway, i am 1 shake down, just about to start glugging water. Not going to the gym until later today, as i did so much yesterday and my muscles are killing me.

Off to cook a lasagne for the grandparents now as one came out of hospital yesterday, she suffers with COPD, and the other has just had a hip replacement. Then it's off to my son's assembly this afternoon, which he is a little nervous about.

I'm ok a few weeks in but the first week or two completely drain me. By half 9 yesterday i was flagging and just crawled into bed. OH made me watch 2 lots of 24 though so when my alarm went of at half 6 i was like some kind of demon lol.

I thought exercise was only recommended in small doses as it does make your body retain water more. . .
I only do half hour a day on wii fit plus :) Purely for my amusement to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your grandparents,hope they are both ok and how nice are you making them lasagne?! xx

Hayley - yes I get very very tired. I am now trying adding a tiny tin of tuna in water and it seems to be helping.

Mrs T :) Thank you. It feels good to be at an all time low...lol annoyed at no loss today on WI though. scales could really have cooperated and gone down a bit more. (confession... it may be all that pespsi light I have had this week - don't give in to it folks - it's not worth the lack of losing)

I have my friends 50th on Saturday - 30 of us are having a meal in a hired place. I am going to get into helpful hostess mode to help his wife and not sit at the table thereby avoiding the temptations of wine.

Bling - love the trendy Thursday idea. I am dying to get into my new jeans. Well I mean I can already get them fastened but too much of a muffin at the moment.

February is a month of exercise - I have been watching loads of zumba on youtube. Some is too fast for me but others aren't so I am sticking them on full screen, getting up and dancing around to them at night when I finish classes. grins... I may even do some today during the day! Zumba doesn't seem to have hit Spain yet so I am encouraging one of my friends who is a keep fit instructor to get it going over here.

This week I am also on a mission to drink water, just water. Lately I ahve been having fizzy water and too much pepsi and I know I shouldnt have the pepsi but once in a while... sigh.

Going to be good, going to be good, going to be good!

I know, i probably am doing too much exercise wise to be honest, bbut losing weight is about more than just being thin, this time i want to be fit and healthy too.

I feel if i start the fitness regime now, then once i'm finished losing weight, that is something i can keep up IYKWM. Plus i'm really enjoying it, despite the achy muscles today.

I'm very close to my grandparents, and i was making lasagne for my family tonight anyway, so i'll make an extra one. It helps them, and i know i'm doing my bit while they are still here to be loved and appreciated. They will be dearly missed once they are gone.

Hi All,

Just checking in, sounds like everyone is getting on ok.. I am onto day 4 of 100%, so chuffed.

Another dark dreary day in London.. We Need the SUN!

xx

;)Good Morning all :D:D:D

I have just enjoyed my first shake of the day - warm choc mint :) I purchased all choc mint this week because I am on a chocolate fetish and didn't really fancy any of the others. :rolleyes:

Bling - Great thread name hun! I can relate to the 'trendy' thoughts. I remember when I used to absolutely dread going shopping for clothes, only to be faced with pure frustration at zips not fastening correctly and the impossibility of hiding my buldges :eek: Now though, it couldn't be more different!!! I love being able to go and buy clothes that not only fit and look good but are with the times - i'm actually fashionable :giggle:

Katie - lol @ your clothes falling down. You should have seen me last week when moving home. We moved from a 1st floor flat, and all the while I was helping hubby move furniture down the stairs I was having a huge panic because I was fully aware that my a$$ was on show due to my jeans being too big! :8855::8855::8855:Great feeling though! :D

MrsT - Lovely to see you angel :) I really feel for you with MrT being away so much during the week, you must miss him a lot. My DHB occassionaly has to take trips to London or Cardiff and stay overnight...the place just feels so empty without him, and actually I don't really sleep properly without him there :( (Not that I would tell him this, he'd laugh and think I was a fool!) lol But at least you have the little one to keep you going ;)

Hayley - :happy096: you are doing fab girl! Re: tiredness, I also get tired usually the first couple of weeks in ketosis. I find that peppermint tea perks me up as well as coffee. But also, keeping active does help too. I'm not sure if you were the same on your first CD attempt, but after the initial 2 weeks I suddenly get this huge lift and energy burst, so hang in there and make sure you get some early nights and get your beauty sleep ;)

TrimT - I'm sure you already know this (I didn't, but CDC and DR both advised me on it) Muscle weighs more than fat, and with a VLCD like the Cambridge Diet, you should look at doing toning exercises rather than fat burning exercises :whacky068: Don't overdo it hun, take care of yourself :hug99:

NumNums - So pleased to hear that your knees are at long last not causing you as much pain. Do you find swimming helps? My Nan has awful arthiritus in her knees (they look like bowling balls) she swears by the jacuzi and gentle swimming - either that or she is eyeing up a potential toyboy!! She goes so often it does make me wonder!:8855::8855::8855:

MrsE - I hope your friend comes soon, there is nothing worse than waiting for it to come whilst feeling like poop :jelous: Get pampering yourself with those soap and glory products ;)

I'm going to be trying hard with the water today, I had 2 bars yesterday and 2 shakes :sign0007: I'm also going to be spacing my shakes out so that I feel I am having something of an evening. Still, the scales are showing a loss for me, so I'm not worried about the extra bar really. :)

Big Hugs to you all x x x

Hayley - yes I get very very tired. I am now trying adding a tiny tin of tuna in water and it seems to be helping.

Glad its not just me :D
I had a tin of tuna a day when i first started this diet and had amazing losses back in October.
Now this time around (3 weeks in) i have only had one tin of tuna and that was before my naughty long weekend of eating crap so i have gone for the SS 100% to keep on track and shift the pounds quickly.

I'm hoping the tiredness doesnt hang around for long though x

morning girls, hope everyones having a good one

feeling awful today, was constipated last week so had movicol everyday and had it twice a day for 3 days. didnt realise the salt content so quite possible the water retention is down to all that
but welllll this morning i woke with a sore tum and here comes the TMI have needed to run to the toilet every 10 minutes for the last 3 minutes and its pure water so movicol stopped so hopefully now everythings cleared i can get back on an even keel and have a good weigh in next week

Morning girls

Feeling like I have to hold on to this intake of liquid at work, as hard to keep popping out to the loo (work in school's) and its making me feel bloated.

Off out this eve to meet a friend (usually a curry and a drink) and explained to her that i'm on Cd and its fizzy water for me this eve and no food. lol.. Don't want to avoid going out as it makes me feel good, I have a good giggle and come back feeling refreshed with the gossip of the week. My mate is eating before meeting me so that will help with the no temptation of chicken tikka masala sitting in front of me ;).

Trying to squeeze some more water in before break :) xx

Thanks Em, yeah i did know that but i'm sure i'm not building muscle that quickly LOL x

I do alot of toning, but i need the cardio to try and get rid of my 'love handles', even at 8st 6lb they remained and my cosmetic surgeon told me that i NEED lipo.... wasn't the best thing to say to someone like me. He said he can't tell me to lose weight, because i didn't need to, but that exercise probably wouldn't get rid of the fat in the area, because it is a very difficult area to target.

I am determined to prove him wrong! LOL x

Good mid-morning

My day of quiet wasn't to be - called in to a work situation, so about to get into the shower, but so much for improving the water drinking situation - I am going out after into town, but will do my best, back about 11, ta-ra x

Good morning all! I say morning, it's only just about morning. I'm ashamed to say that I woke up at 11 this morning meaning I got 11 hours of straight sleep, which was amazing and well needed! My sleep patterns are terrible and so the doctor suggested sleeping tablets and prescribed me some last night. Was asleep by 12 for the first time in... months, I don't know. Slept through for the first time in probably years, so I think they're a hit! I won't be sleeping this late tomorrow, think I just needed that big sleep to recharge a pretty empty Caroline battery! Now he just has to deal with all my other symptoms and I'll be a happy bunny!!

I'm off to meet a friend where it always ends up involving getting lunch, so now that I'm back on CD I'll suggest somewhere that I can get an SS+ salad so should be fine. Will avoid pudding and anything else at all costs! I'm spending too much on this diet to mess it up for a slice of bloody cake!

Hope that you all have a fab day!

xxx

Back