trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

valerie11

Gold Member
hi i have been on here several times before, each time determined to lose weight !!!!!!! have tried every diet under the sun but always feel hungry on them and give up. my friends daughter told me about the extra easy plan so thought i would give it a go (looks too good to be true). i have 41 lbs to lose i am not giving myself a time scale i don't want to put any pressure on myself, any advice or tips or if you read my food diary and notice i am doing something wrong please point it out to me. :thankyou:

Last edited:
Here i go again day 1 extra easy

breakfast
2 weetabix h/ea
350ml sk.milk h/eb

lunch
2 rashers bacon, egg, half a tin baked beans
slice wholemeal bread 5 syns

dinner
pork stir-fry

snacks
3 plums
banana
light crisps 5 syns
mullerlight yoghurt

hi loopeyloo i had a huge plate of veg in my stir fry should i have had extra veg eg mushrooms with my lunch? thought i would be ok if i had loads veg with my dinner i usually have a sandwich lunch time do u advise against this thanks for any input val :)

HERE I GO AGAIN DAY 2

breakfast
mullerlight yoghurt and banana

lunch
syn free quiche with ham, mushrooms and onion with salad

dinner
joe gray (sliced pot, onion and bacon) carrots, runner beans and brocolli

snacks
shapers blueberry bar 4.5 syns
3 plums
light crisps 5 syns
strawberries and fat frr natural yoghurt
350 ml sk. milk h/ea

Hello Val!

I found your diary!

Extra Easy is...well easy peasy

As Claire said - you need to try and get 1/3 superfree on your plate with each meal, so for your lunch, you could have had frylite mushrooms and grilled tomatoes (I normally just throw the toms into the mushrooms when they are almost cooked), you'll probably find this will fill the "bread" whole as well, freeing up 5 syns for a treat later on

Are you allowed 10 syns a day? I am and I find I rarely use them all up - but I then know that come Tuesday night - I can have a couple of treats and not worry about the syn value

What's the joe gray dinner? - never heard of it but sounds lovely

Good luck for your 1st weigh in, donna x

ps. i did reply to you in my diary but thanks for such lovely comments x

hi donna and claire thanks for ur comments don't know how i missed my h/eb didn't realise i hadn't had it lol i am allowing myself 10 -15 syns will try and keep to 10 tho, the joe gray is a dinner my mum used to make just one of those things that go down thro the family very easy just peel and slice potaoes and onion add salt and pepper top with water, bring to boil cook till pots soft but not mushy transfer to pyrex dish and layer with bacon put all the water on top of it that you cooked pots in then put in oven for about 1 hour on gas 6 middle of oven i even eat it with out bacon because i like it so much could do low fat sausages as well if you wanted try it and let me know if you like it val x :)

Here i go again food diary day 3

breakfast
mullerlight yoghurt and rasperries

lunch
spaghetti bolognese added half a bag of stir fry veg to it to bulk it out was scrumptious, smallish portion pasta

dinner
ham salad with bread h/eb

snacks
banana
shapers choc mint bar 4.5 syns
2 caramel snack a jacks 5 syns ( i think)
350ml skimmed milk h/ea

Hi Val - i regularly miss my heb, i avoid bread so unless i am looking for snack (mini ryvita or hifi/alpen light bar) i suddenly realise when i post menu that i have missed it again

joe gray sounds lovely - think i will give that a go

gino is making a sweet spaghetti dish on tv it looks scrumptious think i will have to rewind and see if it is sw friendly

Here i go again food diary day 4

breakfast
banana
i slice w/m toast with baked beans h/eb

lunch
synfree mushroom and ham quiche and salad
nectarine

dinner
spaghetti bolognese with stir fry veg

snacks
chocolate mousse 5 syns

pkt prawn lookalike skips 5 syns
350 ml skimmed milk h/ea

Last edited:
Hi Valerie,

If you don't want to use all 15 syns, but want a snack (and you're on the EE plan) why not try low fat super noodles (syn free). I find they fill a massive hole and can't finish the pack!

:)

hi eviewonder thanks for that love noodles would they be they batchelor ones ? i have got some in the cupboard won't have them till i know, can we eat pot noodles on ee and would they be free have seen people talking about mugshots but i've never seen these anywhere assume they r similar to pot noodles? :) val x

Here i go again food diary day 5

breakfast
nectarine and orange

lunch
syn free ham and mushroom quiche with salad, banana

dinner
new pots, bacon and garden peas
2 plums

snacks
lemon mousse 5 syns
blueberry shapers bar 4.5 syns
350ml skimmed milk h/ea
prawn noodles

Last edited:
Here i go again food diary day 6

breakfast
rhubarb mullerlight and banana

lunch
ham salad sandwich h/eb

dinner
rump steak, grilled tomatoes and salad

snacks
choc mousse 5 syns
blueberry shapers bar 5 syns
crisps 5 syns
350mls skimmed milk

hi donna i am really enjoying the plan it really doesnt feel like dieting the only thing i find hard to fit in sometimes is the super free food with each meal for example if i had super noodles for lunch i wouldn't want salad with them could i have fruit instead? r pot noodles free on ee? hope ur getting on ok :) x

only thing i find hard to fit in sometimes is the super free food with each meal for example if i had super noodles for lunch i wouldn't want salad with them could i have fruit instead? r pot noodles free on ee? x

Hi, to answer the question, you can eat fruit before or after a meal as your 1/3rd superfree. I often add a tin of stir fry veg to ff noodles (make sure you only have the fat free ones not normal supernoodles) Pot noodles are not free but the mugshots you saw mentioned are. They come in packets and are sometimes with the noddley type things in supermarkets, deffo worth getting in. Again, check the fat % on them as some are synned - I think its only the 1% ones that are free. Good luck with your journey xx

Back