trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

hi donna i am here lol have been in bed for 2 days my back keeps going into painful spasms so am on bed rest and a ton of pills :eek: have had a good week lost 5lbs yay shows that following the plan works :party0049:hope all is well with u and have a good weekend xx

sat 8th jan great week

had a great week lost 5lbs

red day

breakfast-2 clementines, shape zero yoghurt milky coffee h/e a

lunch- bacon super noodles 6.5 syns, pear

dinner- scrambled egg on 1 slice toast (from 800g loaf)h/e b

evening- 2 clementines, banana, fibre plus h/e b milky coffee h/e a
105 syns - 6.5 =98.5

Last edited:
Brilliant ! I am so delighted for you. What a star :)

Gail x

Sorry to double post, on phone and clicked too soon!

Quiche is delicious!! Thank you :) I did ham, mushroom, red onion and peppers.

Off to a party now, I hope I can resist the buffet!!

valerie11 said:
hi donna i am here lol have been in bed for 2 days my back keeps going into painful spasms so am on bed rest and a ton of pills :eek: have had a good week lost 5lbs yay shows that following the plan works :party0049:hope all is well with u and have a good weekend xx

Sorry you're not well Val, great weight loss tho! Might buy some of your bacon super noodles!

Hi Val, I have been meaning to pop into your thread for a while and I can so identify with much that you have written.I hope that you feel better soon and congratulations on your 5lb loss! Thanks also for some fresh ideas for meals. X

Last edited:
hi all thanks for ur comments xx
donna was going to have dinner but my back made me feel sick so couldn't eat anything more :(
hi jane R thanks for popping in x i think most of us can identify with one another we all seem to go through the same processes i read a lot of the posts and think god that could be me writing it, do you have a diary on here?
good luck to u all xx

First: WELL DONE!!! HOPE I SEE A GOOD LOSS THIS WEEK

Second: Ouch! poor thing, i have a slight s curve to my spine and when i first started work (all those moons ago!) it was awful, but touching wood, i haven't had a bad back for many years, wishing you a quick recovery xxxxxxxx big hug!

Third: I notice you are doing red days a lot - and not extra easy - do you think this attributes to a bigger loss?

take care, donna x

sun 9th jan

still bed bound gggrrrrr
GREEN DAY

breakfast- banana and 2 weetabix, milky coffee h/e a and h/e b

lunch- pear and clementine, 2 scrambled eggs on i slice w/m toast 5 syns pkt low fat crisps 4 syns. s/w rice pudding

dinner- low fat supernoodles with bean shoots

evening- fibre plus bar h/e b and milky coffee h/e a.
98.5 syns-9=89.5
was going to follow red today but then realised i had cooked up some rice pudding last night so changed to green so it would be free. instead of adding vanilla fat free yogs i added the berry shape zero ones tasted ok but prefer vanilla ones :)

Last edited:
hi donna when i was following extra easy it was a struggle to do the 1/3rd superfree and i like having 2 of each h/extras i think i had a good loss this week cause i ate such a lot of junk over xmas and have eaten a lot better this week so its probably shaken my metabolism a bit i don't think i will have much of a loss next week but will be happy even if i half half a lb loss cause at least i've got rid of the weight i put on over christmas hope ur having a good week xx

Hi Val,

So glad things are still going well for you (eating) but sorry not so well (back). Hope your back settles down soon. I'm not home til tomorrow evening so will weigh in on Tuesday (eeek !). The hardest thing is that I haven't been able to weigh at all over the weekend, where as I'm used to jumping on the scales once or twice a day.

Have had a great weekend. Ok in terms of food (I have tried my hardest and am probably right on the syns limit of 15 per day). Looking forward to getting home soon :).

See you soon (metaphorically!).

Gail x

tuesday 11th jan still 100%

was feeling better yesterday then went to town to get some milk and b****y back went again got diazepam now so hopefully that will ease it :eek:
onto today going to have a
RED DAY

breakfast- milky coffee h/e a 2 weetabix h/e b and banana

lunch- ham salad and clementine

dinner -lamb steak, green beans, carrots and brocolli

evening- fibre plus bar h/e b milky coffee h/e a, pear toasted low fat hotcross bun and 2 tsp low fat spread 9.5 syns (and worth everyone)
89.5 syns - 9.5 =80

Last edited:
weds 12th jan still 100%

am pleased with myself still 100%
green day

breakfast- milky coffee h/e a, fibre plus bar h/e b and banana

lunch- bacon suppernoodles and bean sprouts 6 .5 syns banana

dinner- veg curry, pear

evening- bowl rice pudding 4 syns low fat crisps 4 syns
milky coffee h/e b
80 syns -14.5 =65.5

Last edited:
hi i am new here and am reading through a few of the diaries to get some idea of what to eat have to say i was impressed at how honest you have been through out your diary good luck to you tell

Back