trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

hi tell thanks for that i don't see the point of being anything but honest, have u started a diary if not then might be a good idea to start one if u have a really good loss one week u will be able to go back and see what u ate to have lost it good luck losing the lbs x

Oh Val poor you has the diazapan worked?? Have I missed your WI this week? Can't get on much Mon-Weds as I work. So good to see you being credited for your honesty and fab diary. I made your rice pud the other day and forgot to put the sugar in, couldn't taste the difference but i did use strawberry yog rather than vanilla, anyway, good to see you still at 100%, hope you are back on your feet!

hi donna back felt quite good last night but woke up at 2 in agony they must have worn off have taken 2 tabs tonight missed the lunch time one so i could double up tonight also take amitriptyline ibuprofen and solpadol at the same time :eek: just said to my daughter if i die in the night i've over dosed did ask the pharmasist if i could take them all together he said yes u will just feel drowsy am hoping i have a good nights sleep tonight :) i weigh on a saturday, i made the rice pudding and tried it with shape zero berries and strawberry yog it was ok but much prefer vanilla yoghurt made one eralier then realised i didn't have vanilla yogs so added 200ml skimmed milk then put it in the oven so i had a skin on top was yummy but i do put quite a bit of sweetener in ;) did u like it with the strawberry yog in it, have a good week love val xx

hi valerie11 i have just read your blog you certainly have had a rough time i hope it made you feel better getting it out of your system good luck to you :wave_cry:

Hi Val I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I made the rice pudding with the vanilla/dark chocolate muller. Didn't really taste any different. I only did 1 cup of rice and 1 muller, think I still needed 2 muller. Oh well, live and learn! Hope things improve for you soon. Sarah xx

thurs 13th jan still 100%

red day
breakfast- banana and 2 weetabix h/e a h/e b

lunch - mcchicken burger from mcdonalds 20 syns diet coke

dinner - ham, 227g jacket pot, beetroot and 2 tbs picalili 2 syns

evening - milky coffee h/e a
light crisps 4 syns

65.5 syns- 26= 39.5

Last edited:
I hope that you are feeling a bit better Val.Did you have a better night? I had to give up nursing because of my back, so I can really sympathise with you. Big hugs flying your way(gentle ones of course!)X

I only did 1 cup of rice and 1 muller, think I still needed 2 muller.
hi sarah did you cook it with 4 cups of water first? sure u must have done ! i use 2 or 3 mullers depending whether i want it thick or not i tried using berry and strawberry shape zero it was ok but prefer the vanilla flavour good luck to u xx
hi jane yes i did sleep better thanks think i knocked myself out with all the drugs lol didn't wake up til 5am which was good for me. i have to say i am not looking forward to the future with my back as i know its only going to get worse but am hoping if i can lose a fair amount of weight it might help it :eek: xx

I only did 1 cup of rice and 1 muller, think I still needed 2 muller.
hi sarah did you cook it with 4 cups of water first? sure u must have done ! i use 2 or 3 mullers depending whether i want it thick or not i tried using berry and strawberry shape zero it was ok but prefer the vanilla flavour good luck to u xx

No I think I did 1 cup rice, 2 cups water. I couldn't remember! I think I'll do the plain vanilla if I do it next week. Doing another quiche tomorrow and trying coleslaw I saw in the SW mag.

hi sarah that rice must have been really thick with 2 cups water :eek: i'm making one for later gonna go and get some vanilla mullerlights when i go shopping in a min, have a good day xx

Last edited:
hi sarah that rice must have been really thick with 2 cups water :eek: i'm making one for later gonna go and get some vanilla mullerlights when i go shopping in a min, have a good day xx

Yes it was! I made it quite late at night so I think I was tired and confused! I was trying to make half of what I did before so I did 1 cup rice/2 cup water but I should have done 1/2 cup rice and 2 cups water, shouldn't I?
Hope you're having a good day too :) Made another yummy quiche this morning and some coleslaw. Doing a spaghetti carbonara later too. Never cooked so much before!!

Hi Val - glad you had good nights sleep, how is the back now? what is actually wrong with it? how you feeling about WI tomorrow, you've certainly had a good week, got my fingers crossed for you x[/QUOTE

hi donna back feels a lot better now thanks just hurts with out the spasms, i have widespread degenerate lumber spine and have two inter-vertebral disc bulges between 5th and 6th and 6th and 7th cervical levels was told nothing can be done cause they can't replace a spine so it's a case of getting on with it as best i can the doc keeps trying different meds to ease the pain but none of them seem to help just have to get on with it but it's just so annoying cause i can't walk for long and used to love walking for miles i do get a bit ratty sometimes would just love to not be in pain all the time thats why its good if i do manage to get extra sleep, i can't lay in one spot for long and have to keep turning over but hey theres other people a lot worse off then me so i shouldn't moan about it :) i don't know how i've done weight wise, felt quite good this morning when i was looking in mirror with underwear on lol then i went to new look and tried a jumper on and looked enormous :yuk: (i'm sure they have the mirrors in there that u get at the fair hee hee) will post tomorrow when i weigh in :eek:, hope all is ok with you xx

but I should have done 1/2 cup rice and 2 cups water, shouldn't I?

hi sarah yes u should have never mind practice makes perfect lol
i have just made another rice pudding i love the stuff think it helps to keep me on the straight and narrow cause it's like i'm having something really naughty ;)

well on to todays menu
extra easy

breakfast - clementine and shape zero yoghurt

lunch- chicken sandwich with lettuce and onion extra light mayo h/e b and 5 syns
banana

dinner - bacon supernoodles with bean sprouts and mixed peppers 6 syns 2 clementines

evening- rice pudding
low fat crisps 4 syns
fibre plus bar 5.5 syns

39 .5 syns -20.5 syns = 19

Last edited:
sat 15th jan

hi all gonna cry :cry: PUT ON 1/2LB could not believe it after another 100% week my first reaction was f*** it wanted to go and buy a load of chocolate but didn't just bought a pack of crunchies to have as syns hadn't had any chocolate for syns the last week or so so gonna have it now gggrrrrr oh well s*** happens will trudge on xx :whacky068:

GREEN DAY
breakfast- banana, 2 weetabix and a milky coffee h/e a and h/e b

lunch- poached egg and beans on 1 slice toast (from 800g loaf) h/e b brown sauce 1 syn s/w rice pudding

dinner- pear, bacon supernoodles with beansprouts 6.5 syns

evening- milky coffee, fibre plus bar 5.5 syns

105 syns -13= 92

hi all gonna cry :cry: PUT ON 1/2LB could not believe it after another 100% week

Oh dear, Valerie, what a shame :( but maybe because you weren't just as active with having back trouble. I've had a sore back this week too and can certainly sympathise with you. Maybe the weight loss will show up next week. Keep going ... :vibes: you're doing great.

hi all gonna cry :cry: PUT ON 1/2LB could not believe it after another 100% week my first reaction was f*** it wanted to go and buy a load of chocolate but didn't just bought a pack of crunchies to have as syns hadn't had any chocolate for syns the last week or so so gonna have it now gggrrrrr oh well s*** happens will trudge on xx :whacky068:

Hi Val, Im so sorry you want to cry and the gain. I hope you're feeling better soon. Big hugs xx

So sorry for you Val. But it will come off. Sometimes these things happen (I know from weighing every day) that you put on for no obvious reason. Then it will all come right. Look at the bigger picture.

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hi Val, have replied to your post on my diary but just wanted to pop in to say hi and hope that you are feeling better today. Big hug flying your way. X

Back