trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Oh Val sorry to gear about that. Hope you're ok and thinking positively again. We should bring the "if you're thinking of bingeing" thread out of hibernation!

valerie11 said:
oh dear i hope it hasn't put u off now i bet u wish u hadn't weighed will keep my fingers crossed that it goes again xx

Me too! Hope you're feeling better today hun x

I wish I had read it to myself last week'!

Weighed two days early and 5lbs ON! x

Hi Ela_ine,

I often gain a bit of weight in the middle of the week. I have learnt to ignore it, otherwise it makes me go off plan which really isn't helpful. Stick with it. Big hugs.

hi gail thanks for the message i have been busy over the weekend and had one of my grandaughters all day yesterday but to be honest i wouldn't have come on here have been piggin for england :eek: thought today i would restart ......... then went to town without having breakfast first i bought 2 cream cakes, big bar turkish delight and 2 caramel eggs :( for a second i did think i don't have to eat this i could throw it away but somehow they all unwrapped themselves and jumped down my throat........:cry:WHY have i done it yet again i knew i would be peed off and upset with myself i just wish i could get back in the right frame of mind again it's all too easy to get out of it but so hard getting it back ggggrrr hopefully after i have yet another chat to myself will get back on track tomorrow. hope u r ok and had a good weekend
love val xxxxx

Hi Val,

Please don't beat yourself up about this. It happens to all of us. What is important now is what you do about it. Please don't think any further than one day. Just try to do one day and let me know how tomorrow goes. Maybe you could also think about what you will eat tomorrow and how you will use your syns for tomorrow so that you're prepared ?

However hopefully in a few days when you feel better, have a think about what you could do better to avoid that situation in the future. Certainly, DO NOT go shopping when you are hungry. I know I would be a DISASTER if I did that so you really are not alone.

Big hugs and see you tomorrow for a report.

Gail x

Hi Val,

Please don't beat yourself up about this. It happens to all of us. What is important now is what you do about it. Please don't think any further than one day. Just try to do one day and let me know how tomorrow goes. Maybe you could also think about what you will eat tomorrow and how you will use your syns for tomorrow so that you're prepared ?

However hopefully in a few days when you feel better, have a think about what you could do better to avoid that situation in the future. Certainly, DO NOT go shopping when you are hungry. I know I would be a DISASTER if I did that so you really are not alone.

Big hugs and see you tomorrow for a report.

Gail x

hi gail thanks u r right about shopping when i haven't eaten it's a recipe for disaster and yes i should be more organised with my food quite often i haven't got a clue what i'm going to have and scratch around for something to eat :eek: thank you for ur ongoing support :thankyou:
love val xx

Loving the new quote!

whoot whoo! Just back from the gym - really aching! Need to get the 5lbs off I gained! Good luck to you lovely xxx

valerie11 said:
hi ela ine i have had a 100% day today and am very pleased with myself :D long may it last lol have a great week xx

Me too! Let's keep on with these 100% days :D

:clap: x

Yay. Well done Val. I knew you could. So now, just one more 100 % day.

I'll be back tomorrow to check up on you !!!!

Gail x

good morning all it's about time i restarted my diary. feel very positive so should go according to plan :D

extra easy
breakfast - banana & pear, 2 weetabix h/e a + b
lunch - apple, ham salad, salad cream 2 syns
dinner - orange, kedgeree, made with rice, eggs, haddock, peas and watercress
evening - shape zero yoghurt, milky coffee from left over milk
total syns = 2
may have some more syns to add on but will edit later if i do

Last edited:
hi would just like to say well done on ur loses so far it's great as a newbie to see how well people have done on s/w love the diary i see u have had some ups and downs :( but it shows even with them u can still succeed x

]dinner - orange, kedgeree, made with rice, eggs, haddock, peas and watercress

Ha ha ! Hope it was delicious :)

Gail x

P.S. Lucky you having family in the fish trade :D

mmmmmm day didn't go according to plan :eek:

and gail would be handy having son in fish shop but smoked haddock is the only fish i like (apart from cod and chips from chippie ) wish i did like it more i would have a cheap food bill lol hope ur ok xx

:17729:total c*** up yesterday didn't follow plan :cry:

so will be having the kedgeree today.

breakfast - pear and shape zero yoghurt
milky coffee h/e a

lunch - bacon & mushroom omelette with salad

dinner - kedgeree slice of bread from 800g loaf 2 h/e b

evening - milky coffee h/e a
apple

Hi Val,

Sorry to hear that yesterday didn't go to plan. What happened ? If you think back, was there anything that you could have done differently next time ?

I know you say that if you eat more you don't lose but do you still lose but just a bit more slowly ?? If so, may be worth thinking about doing that if it keeps you on plan a bit more easily ??? Just a thought !

Big hugs.

Gail x

Hey, can you give me a recipe for the kedgeree?? :D

Back