trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Hi Lolacola,

The recipe for kedgeree is on little sausage's thread. I fancy trying it too - I'll let you know !

Gail x

hi gail the only thing i think is upsetting me at the moment is that its coming up to the anniversary of my mum and dads death they died 2 days apart but 9 years inbetween my brother lived with them he bought the house for them he gave me some perfume of my mums a couple of weeks ago as he didn't want it to end up going off we were going to sort some other things out but it was too upsetting my dads clothes are all still in the wardrobes my mum couldn't bare to part with them so it's like double the upset my mums cardigan is still hanging on the back of the chair she used to sit in her bag and coat is still on the coat peg and my dads slippers are under the sideboard its just like they've gone out and will be back, i have been very teary for the last few weeks and its the only thing i could think of thats unsettling me perhaps i will be better once the date has come and gone :cry:i suppose my brother is used to seeing their things but it upsets me when i go there to see him.
love val xx

I can understand you feeling emotional at the moment Val and it must be even worse to see mum and dads possessions around the house. Its hard not to turn to food at a time like this. Big hug flying your way. X

thanks jane yes it is hard to see their bits all around my brother has kept it as it was i suppose he must be used to seeing it all now but i can't get used to it and don't go over to see him as much as i should as i always get upset then feel stupid everyone says time heals but they don't say how much time it takes lol hope ur mums doing ok xx

i feel a bit more motivated now its good to see there are others also struggling and that i am not the only one :wave_cry: i am going to go for a walk now (was meant to go this morning better late than never) :bolt:x

i feel a bit more motivated now its good to see there are others also struggling and that i am not the only one :wave_cry: i am going to go for a walk now (was meant to go this morning better late than never) :bolt:x

Hi lovely, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling your best.
Hope you're in better spirits now. We can do this! No matter how many times we have to start again! We will get there!

Have a lovely walk xx

this is me being organised my food for tomorrow:

extra easy

breakfast- fruit salad (banana,apple,orange and tinned peaches in syrup will wash syrup off) 3.5 syns and shape zero yoghurt (didn't have the yoghurt felt full after eating the fruit)

lunch- s/w quiche (which i have just made) with bacon, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with salad ( had this but when i got it out the fridge a long strip had been cut off it it was meant to last 3 days but it will be 2 now my daughter had some lol)

dinner- pasta, tomatoes, red, green & yellow pepper, onion, mushrooms spoonful quark, nutmeg oregano and side salad (didn't put the quark in as i had used it earlier in another dish) more about that on another post further down :-(

evening- milky coffee rest of fruit salad
i need to have a b choice but will add that tomorrow :)
had a slice of toast to get my h/e b and tangerene marmalade 2 syns
pkt quavers 4.5 syns

total syns = 10 syns

Last edited:
Your food for tomorrow sounds great, love the sound of the nutmeggy quark pasta xxxx

hi jules nutmeg is lovely with pasta and i make a tomato based rice dish with cream cheese, cream and spinach with nutmeg that is really yummy i will have to try a low fat version and see how it tastes xx

Hi Val,

Not surprised you're feeling a bit low. It must be hard. You will never stop remembering your parents and missing them but it's hard when the gap is so obvious. More hugs from me.

I love the sound of the rice and the pasta dish. Please share when you are ready :)

Please don't feel that you're the only one struggling - you really aren't. Just look around the forums here. It's nothing to be ashamed off. This is hard. Why do you think I've spent 19 yrs of my adult life above 13 stone (and lots significantly more than that) and less than 1 yr below that :(. However you are still here and still trying. You will get there but you are taking the scenic route ! Hopefully you are enjoying what you eat. We will be here for you.

Even more hugs.

Gail x

thanks guys :thankyou: for ur support it is appreciated x i feel a lot better today and am pleased i have my food planned for the day, when i make my pasta dish tonight i will write quantities down as i go (i usually just chuck it all in by eye so never know weights eek ) i think i will also make the spinach and rice dish at the same time then that will be tomorrows dinner (god i am getting organised lol) if it tastes ok will post recipe on here :D i hope everyone has a great day :wavey:

i have just spent 2 hours cooking :D i was trying to make the spinach dish low fat and tried using extra light garlic & herb cream cheese and quark it was disgusting looked like cottage cheese so will have to re think that one i have the rice and tomato base so think i will make some meat balls and stir them in :) did make the pasta sauce will stir the herb and garlic cream cheese in b/f's but will have mine as it is. i have had a good day so far i really enjoyed the fruit for breakfast was nice & light. i have asked my son to bring me home some more smoked haddock am going to make fishcakes tomorrow. :)

tues 22nd mar

extra easy

breakfast- scrambled egg on 1 slice toast (from 800g loaf) didn't have this in the end my daughter dragged me out early so had a banana then had a milky coffee when i was out h/e a

lunch - s/w quiche with salad

dinner -smoked haddock fish cakes, garden peas, sweetcorn & s/w wedges- had kedgeree instead daughter didn't fancy fishcakes and i couldn't be a***d to make 2 seperate meals

evening -2 slices of toast, 30ml low sugar apricot jam h/e b & 7.5 syns apple, milky coffee 5 syns

total syns = 12.5

Last edited:
Hi val!
Your planning and foods look great!
How dis you make the fish cakes? x

hi ela ine i make the fish cakes with mashed potato, haddock, finely chopped spring onion or onion, 1 egg yolk, little bit cayenne pepper, smidging colemans mustard salt and pepper just mix it all up then shape into patties and "fry" in frylight xx

Yum Yum. I had fish pie tonight and it was delicious :)

Gail x

popping by to say hi - hope you're feeling better xxx fish cake sounds yum!

weds 23rd march food plan for thurs

hi dreamaholic, dancing queen , ela ine & gail thanks for popping by :wavey:.

i am still feeling very motivated :cross: helps planning ahead (why have i only just realised that :rolleyes:)
tomorrows plan is as follows

extra easy
breakfast-mushrooms and tomatoes 2 rashers bacon

lunch - apple, banana, left over kedgeree (had scrambled egg on toast as kedgeree had been nicked lol) h/e b

dinner - an orange, jacket pot, ham, beetroot tomatoes and picalili

evening - milky coffee h/e a
milk jelly 1 syn might have curly wurly

Last edited:
Back