trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

i have just spent 2 hours cooking :D i was trying to make the spinach dish low fat and tried using extra light garlic & herb cream cheese and quark it was disgusting looked like cottage cheese so will have to re think that one i have the rice and tomato base so think i will make some meat balls and stir them in :) did make the pasta sauce will stir the herb and garlic cream cheese in b/f's but will have mine as it is. i have had a good day so far i really enjoyed the fruit for breakfast was nice & light. i have asked my son to bring me home some more smoked haddock am going to make fishcakes tomorrow. :)

Hmm this actually sounds very nice! Well, ish :p Appart from the cottagey cheese bit! :giggle:

But I used to hate cottage cheese... now I have almost every time I have salad! (whoo free food :bliss:) Have a good evening, hun x

hi elaine next time i try it i will use dairylea light and syn it and try fromage frais or greek % yog i don't want to be beaten lol hope u have a good evening too x

snugglepuss123 yep will do that when i work it out x

Ooh look forward to that recipe Val! :) glad to see you're feeling in the zone again. Hope you're ok Hun! Lots of love xxxxx

Great to hear you sounding back on track. Well done :)

Gail x

Hope you're having a great day Val x

:bliss:

hi ela ine am having a good day thanks ;) even tho the food i planned yesterday for today had to be changed was having left over kedgeree for lunch but my darling daughter has taken it to work for her lunch lol, i feel realy motivated at the moment i think it helped coming on here seeing i wasn't the only one struggling and reading the diaries of other members that have lost 5 stone (and more) am thinking if they can do it so can i if i stick to it 100% i don't want to waste anymore time being overweight and miserable :D hope all is ok ur end have a good day xx

friday 24th march

green day

breakfast - milky coffee & banana (am babysitting my grandaughter from 7.30 am so need something quick) h/e a

lunch - apple, egg salad

dinner - egg,beans, s/w chips tomato ketchup 1 syn

evening - banana, milk jelly 1 syn
asda plain crisps 5 syns milky coffee h/e a
twix finger 6 syns
total syns = 13

Last edited:
hi jules the bacon ones r yummy i usually add half a pack of beansprouts or stirfry veg to bulk them out but as i will be at my sons for the day its easier to just pop them in the microwave they also do a fried chicken flavour but think they r about 10 syns eeek :eek:
am having a great day the sunshine makes u feel better doesn't it i hope it lasts till the weekend for all of u that are working through it hope ur having a good one too love val xx ;)

mm supernoodle stir fry sounds nice! May be a plan for this eve.. well.. can you have noddles as a B? Perhaps I'll have to substitute with taglietelle!

Anyway, just popping into wish you a happy, 100% day :party001: xx

hi ela ine low fat supernoodles are free u only have to syn the ordinary ones i love them was meant to have them today but had a salad instead am still on plan 100% yay lol hope u have a great weekend xxx

hi jules that makes it a nice long weekend hope you have a good one xxx

Last edited:
sat 26th march

green day

breakfast -banana, milky coffee h/e a

lunch - pear, joe gray (sliced pot, onion & bacon ) h/e b

dinner - remainder of joe gray

evening - miky coffee h/e a kellogs caramel rice krispie squares 8 syns

Last edited:
Hi Val!
Still 100% on plan - but don't feel any slimmer at all :s

Can't wait for a green day so I can have super noodles (and mushy peas, and sw chips :p)

Thanks for the info lovely, - any plans for the weekend? x

Hi Val!
Still 100% on plan - but don't feel any slimmer at all :s

Can't wait for a green day so I can have super noodles (and mushy peas, and sw chips :p)

Thanks for the info lovely, - any plans for the weekend? x

hi hun euck mushy peas :9529:doesn't it feel good to be 100% :banana dancer: had a nice day today went out with my youngest daughter and her mate, tomorrow will go to garden centre and do a spot of gardening (weather permitting)
have a good day tomorrow :wavey: xx

red day

breakfast - banana, milky coffee h/e a

lunch - pear,egg & watercress sandwich 2 h/e b

dinner - lamb steak, sprouts , swede & carrots, splodge of gravy mint sauce 2 syns

evening - milky coffee h/e a rocky caramel bar 5 syns

Hi Val,

So pleased to see all seems to be going well with you. Hope you had a good weekend.

Gail x

How was your weekend Hun? Enjoyed my green day today - mash for dinner! Yum!

Been doing lots of gardening and painting! Whoo :bliss: body magic x

Back