trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Hi Val

How's your weekend, Val? I've just been out for a horrid meal. The restaurant was full of toddlers (yuk) - the hissy fit and lets play hide and seek behind everyone's tables type. Honestly, some parents are soo laid back - or I'm too uptight!

Anyway, I had a bone dry tuna steak and when I got home had a ripple and 2 kit kats as I was feeling miffed! Now, in bed and feeling full and annoyed with myself. (Oh, did I mention the half bottle of wine as well?).

Hope you are more successful and strong minded then me at the mo!

Love Pomooky XXX

Hi Val

How's your weekend, Val? I've just been out for a horrid meal. The restaurant was full of toddlers (yuk) - the hissy fit and lets play hide and seek behind everyone's tables type. Honestly, some parents are soo laid back - or I'm too uptight!

Anyway, I had a bone dry tuna steak and when I got home had a ripple and 2 kit kats as I was feeling miffed! Now, in bed and feeling full and annoyed with myself. (Oh, did I mention the half bottle of wine as well?).

Hope you are more successful and strong minded then me at the mo!

Love Pomooky XXX
hi pomooky i had to smile to myself when i read this i hate it when i'm in a restaurant or cafe and the kids are running riot and the parents are oblivious to it i have no patience when it comes to that it irritates me (i had 4 little ones they always behaved) i think parents are more relaxed now and find it easier to let them do their own thing i could write a book on the subject lol. sorry u had an awful dinner u were being so good having tuna i bet u were so peeed off with urself after scoffing the choc i know the feeling well, i even tell myself i am going to feel like that after i've eaten it but it still hasn't stopped me :eek: why do we do it to ourselves! i've said b4 it's called comfort eating but u feel far from comforted afterwards :cry:just bloody annoyed but as long as you can draw a line under it and get straight back on plan that's the main thing i hope u've been ok today can easily go into a week thing (or month's in my case lol) we went to a chippy b/f had chips, pie and battered sausage i had lamb shish kebab with salad and pitta bread and bit of garlic mayo so will have to syn that but was happy that i managed to stick with the healthier option have got huge bowl of strawberries for later going to have vanilla mullerlight with them not quite the same as cream tho:rolleyes: oh dear gone on a bit today hee hee .what day do u weigh? hopefully u will still have a decent loss this week hope u have a good one xx

Would you say drinking 2 litres of water a day is helping with your weight loss? Ive been trying it for a while now and constantly need to go for a wee :p Im hoping it will improve the elasticity of my skin and help reduce my baby belly :( ..Let me know how the scan bran cake goes if you make it :p!
hi louisa going to make a cake tomorrow they all rave about them at group but i can't see it being very nice going to have a look on the recipes in a minute, i did make a cake using weetabix and mincemeat was horrid :yuk: and i ended up eating the jar of mincemeat !!!
on the water front :7834: i am hoping it will make a difference not only to aid weight loss but to hydrate my skin i pinch my hands and the skin stays up for ages afterwards so know i need to drink more but do have to get out of bed at least twice thro the night which is a pain :sick0019: do u think it's made any difference to ur losss! i will let u know how i do this week i weigh on tues night. hope u have a good week x

RED DAY

breakfast-banana, hi-fi bar (h/e b)
lunch- 6 crabsticks & 2 slices of turkey, plum
dinner-small lamb shish kebab, lettuce, tomato & cucumber. pitta bread (7.5 syns) garlic mayo (2 syns)
snacks- latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) huge bowl strawberries with vanilla mullerlight yoghurt

Hi Val

I don't have a weigh in day! I get on the scales when I've been good (not often) and then get on them again when I've blown it (more often). Therefore, I didn't get on them today!!

I've been ok today, although I have just had a mega-enormous bowl of strawbs too. I put on some Total fat free yoghurt, walnuts and dried cranberries - bit of a calorie fest but better than the ripple and kit kats.

I feel really bleeugh today, what with the cardboard tuna and copious amounts of wine. I had managed to turn the 1/2 pound to a full one and now it's back! We're off to your neck of the woods next weekend and I would just like to go feeling less bloated and maybe 2lbs down. (Not buying any fireworks and champagne yet as it will be TOTM!!). 2lbs can make the difference to your trouser button staying on or not; I will be taking a needle and cotton with me!

Well done on your day. I would love to be able to eat 6 crabsticks and a slice of turkey without eating a table leg or two in desperation. :D

Speak soon, love Pomooky XXX

RED DAY
breakfast- melon, nectarine & plums
lunch-3 slices turkey, lettuce,tomato & cue
dinner- cottage cheese, carrots & celery
snacks- shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)
raspberries & quark, melon
700ml skimmed milk for drinks through out the day (2 x h/e a) mint hi-fi bar h/e b)

Im interested to know if drinking more makes any difference . How did the cake go? I made 2 SW cakes one afternoon with my daughter helping. There was masses of washing up and faffing about..1 was lemon drizzle and I forget the other but they were truly revolting which I suppose is a good thing.. If I really want cake , I think I would rather use syns and have decent stuff.

Hi, before I reached target, I found that drinking more water really helped with the weight loss. I don't know why but it really did! :) Nothing to lose by trying it I guess! Hope that helps... xxx

Are those shapers mint chocolate bars good Valerie? Love mint choc stuff.

hi crumble they r to die for give u a lovely mint choc hit for 4 syns also like the blueberry yoghurt ones they r 4.5 syns i sometimes chop them up and put them in the freezer so they last a bit longer there are several different flavours but these are my fav u've got to try them x

Im interested to know if drinking more makes any difference . How did the cake go? I made 2 SW cakes one afternoon with my daughter helping. There was masses of washing up and faffing about..1 was lemon drizzle and I forget the other but they were truly revolting which I suppose is a good thing.. If I really want cake , I think I would rather use syns and have decent stuff.
hi hun i get weighed tonight will let u know how i do am hoping the water front has helped jules seems to think it helped her...... the cake was euck won't bother with that one again going to stick to the lemon curd victoria sandwich i really liked it, we had a tester night a few months ago and someone made a s/w bread pudding which was nice but she didn't leave the recipe i will have to ask at class tonight i looooove breadpudding made with golden syrup and loads of fruit & mixed spice cor i could just eat a bit now making myself feel hungry and i've just had a mugshot lol maybe i will treat myself to a piece when i get to target, have a good day xx

going to have an ee day today fancy sausage and mash :rolleyes: doh forgot to get them out the freezer

breakfast- melon
lunch- minestrone mugshot with garden peas & sweetcorn
dinner- melon, 300g tescos frozen mash (4.5 syns) tomato, beetroot & picalilli (1.5 syns) & ham
snacks- mullerlight yoghurt, shapers mint choc bar (4 syns) latte (h/e a) hi-fi bar (h/e b) pkt pom bear snacks (5 syns)

Last edited:
hi crumble they r to die for give u a lovely mint choc hit for 4 syns also like the blueberry yoghurt ones they r 4.5 syns i sometimes chop them up and put them in the freezer so they last a bit longer there are several different flavours but these are my fav u've got to try them x

I shall have to try these. I have a £5 Boots voucher sitting in my purse. :D

hi crumble in larger boots u can buy the bars in a box of 5 for £2.05p but can only get strawberry nougat or the mint choc ones seperately they are 55p each but think they are well worth it they do a nice sort of rice crispy caramel one but they make me want to pig out for some reason let me know what u think of them xx

woop woop lost 3lbs this week :banana dancer:eek:nly 4lb to go

Congratulations Valerie thats great news, only 4 to go that is amazing!!!!

Can I ask - how many syns do you have on averga ea day....I am hardly having any to try and speed up the loss but not sure if that is going to work....many thanks sarah

hi sarah i usually have between 12-15 syns every day nearer 15 most of the time i lose more weight when i have all my syns the girl sitting next to me put on 1/2lb this week she said she had followed plan but didn't have any syns for 4 of the days and only 5 the other 3 days she thought it would help her losses she was told to have at least 10 syns a day as not having them she wasn't eating enough- so would say don't cut back on ur syns eat more superfree and superspeed foods and drink loads of water good luck x

hi sarah i usually have between 12-15 syns every day nearer 15 most of the time i lose more weight when i have all my syns the girl sitting next to me put on 1/2lb this week she said she had followed plan but didn't have any syns for 4 of the days and only 5 the other 3 days she thought it would help her losses she was told to have at least 10 syns a day as not having them she wasn't eating enough- so would say don't cut back on ur syns eat more superfree and superspeed foods and drink loads of water good luck x

thanks a million thats great info x x x

Back