trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Great result - well done!

GREEN DAY
breakfast- 2 weetabix crunched up & mixed with fat free natural yoghurt mixed with fresh raspberries (h/e b)
lunch- veg soup (as yesterday) egg & watercress sandwich, (h/e b) extra light mayo (0.5 syns) apple
dinner- mushrooms,onion & red pepper bolognese & pasta (left over from yesterday) pineapple
snacks- hi-fi bar ( 6 syns) melon, velvety crunch snacks (4 syns)

Last edited:
tomorrow i have a friend coming round that i haven't seen for a couple of month's will be interesting to see if she notices my weight loss :rolleyes:, i am feeling really good at the moment am well and truly in the "zone" i am following the plan 100% so far this week hopefully i will keep it up :)

Hi Val, just caught up with your diary. You have done really well and to STS after a holiday is amazing. Glad that you are back in the zone. xx

well my friend came round and she didn't say a word about my weight loss :( i asked her if she was still going to s/w but she said she had been off plan the last couple of months and had put her weight back on and had just started back, never mind my daughter from malta could tell the difference :) it's been a hectic couple of days i had my usual grandaughter for 10 hrs yesterday then had 4 extra for dinner then today been shopping for 7 hrs now am babysitting my 6 week old grandson he screamed for the fist 1-1/2 hrs :eek: think i'm getting old i'm shattered lol

friday 23rd sept

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- punnet raspberrries
lunch- egg & watercress sandwich,(h/e b) extra light mayo (0.5 syns) apple, nectarine
dinner- spaghetti bolognese with red,green,yellow peppers & mushrooms, melon
snacks- latte (h/e a) velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) raspberries

Last edited:
saturday 24th sept

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana
lunch- turkey salad with lettuce, beetroot,carrot, tomato & sweetcorn
dinner- bacon, baked beans, egg & 1 slice toast from 800g loaf (h/e b) grilled tomatoes, mushrooms tomato ketchup (2 syns) (yes i know i didn't have any s/f lol) peach
snacks- 2 slices chicken, nectarine, hi-fi bar (6 syns)
latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar ( 4 syns)

Last edited:
can still fit in my new size 14 jeans

Yaaaay. Great NSV :)

mmmm was trying to get back on plan today but stupidly bought an uncut loaf................. i don't think i need to say anymore :eek:

Oooops. I know that feeling. Never mind. Hope it was yummy though :)

i am soooooo happy sts this week yay was dreading a huge gain but must have evened itself out the last few days :bliss::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036::happy036: :bliss:

Fabulous. Delighted for you. Hope this week is a bit better.

Gail x

P.S. Congrats on the new grandson - can't remember if I knew that !

thanks gail xx
ended up getting to bed at 2am my daughter thought she would take advantage lol i didn't mind won't get to see him much, i have had a more relaxing day today made a roast beef dinner my daughter said it was lovely s/w roast parsnips & pots she didn't notice.:rolleyes: she went out for a few hours so a bit of peace god my grandson has got a pair of lungs on him :eek:

sunday 25th september

GREEN DAY
breakfast- banana
lunch- s/w roast potatoes, parsnips, mushy peas, brocolli, carrots & runnerbeans, small yorkshire pudding (3 syns) cranberry sauce (2 syns)
dinner- light cheese & tomato toasted sandwich (h/e a + b) peach & apple
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) mint puffin bar (6.5syns) velvet crunch crisps
(4 syns) pineapple latte (h/e a)

Hi Val - Glad to see you're still on plan and sticking with it. I made some soup today which was quite nice and more to the point, easy! I'm not a great cook as you know.

I don't mind trying to make stuff but having loads of things going at once stresses me out - you have lots of different veg on the go, have you got an Aga or something?!

Good luck for your weigh in, I'm sure it will be good news

Love Pomooky XX

Hi Val - Glad to see you're still on plan and sticking with it. I made some soup today which was quite nice and more to the point, easy! I'm not a great cook as you know.

I don't mind trying to make stuff but having loads of things going at once stresses me out - you have lots of different veg on the go, have you got an Aga or something?!
hi hun have got regular oven but have an electric steamer that i use for my veg cooks it perfectly (as long as you don't put it on for too long lol) i love veg can easily eat a plateful on its own with a bit of mint sauce on it yummy. i made some soup with carrot,leeks,parsnips & swede it was lovely think i will make some more tomorrow, thanks for ur message hope ur ok love val xx

monday 26th september

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- 1/2 pineapple, latte (h/e a) 1/2 small tub fat free cottage cheese
lunch- vegetable soup using parsnips, leeks, celery & carrots, banana
dinner- frozen mash pot- (4.5 syns) bacon, garden peas & grilled tomatoes brown sauce (1 syn)
snacks- hi-fi bar,(h/e b) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)

i can't wait till i get to target and can have 2 of each h/e on extra easy thats the only reason i don't do it very often i do like my a + b 's

Last edited:
1lb off 0.5 to target :D

tuesday 27th september
RED DAY
breakfast- latte, 2 figs
lunch- egg & cress sandwich,(h/e b) banana
dinner- frozen mashed potato (4.5 syns) ham, beetroot, tomatoes, sweet pickle (2 syns)
snacks- latte (h/e a) 2 light hi-fi bars (h/e b) velvet crunch crisps (4 syns) :)

wednesday 28th september

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana, latte (h/e a)
lunch- bacon,egg,toast (1/2 h/e b) tomatoes & mushrooms brown sauce (1 syn)
dinner- ham salad, lettuce, onions, tomato, cucumber,beetroot, grapes & mango
snacks- 2 light hi-fi bars (1/2 h/e b) + (3 syns) fig

Last edited:
Back