trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Well done Val and so close to your target!:D. Sorry to hear that you are suffering with your back again.

I love your new avatar Val. x

thursday 29th september

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana, 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices toast no butter (h/e b)
lunch- uncle bens sweet & sour rice time with sweetcorn & garden peas this was so yummy would be nice with pork or prawns added to it. nectarine
dinner- lamb steaks, carrots, sprouts, swede & garden peas smidgin gravy (2 syns)
snacks- 4 crabsticks, latte (h/e a) hi-fi bar (6 syns) pear, slice ham, mullerlight yoghurt

Last edited:
Well done Val. Nearly there :)

Gail x

hi gail thank you am hoping it will be gone when i weigh on tues, mind u my loss is tiny compared to yours you have come so far big pat on the back's in order :bananalove: (couldn't find a pat on the back lol) i hope ur enjoying the beautiful weather and not working too hard, good luck for weigh in on sunday
love val xx

friday 30th september

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- banana, 2 figs
lunch- chicken breast, jacket potato, beetroot,carrot, tomato,lettuce,& sweetcorn, low fat viniagrette (2 syns)
dinner- mugshot with sweetcorn & garden peas
snacks- latte (h/e a) 2 light hi-fi bars (h/e b) raspberries & pineapple

hi gail thank you am hoping it will be gone when i weigh on tues, mind u my loss is tiny compared to yours you have come so far big pat on the back's in order :bananalove: (couldn't find a pat on the back lol) i hope ur enjoying the beautiful weather and not working too hard, good luck for weigh in on sunday
love val xx

Thanks very much. However, having said that, one of the things I have learnt from here is that it doesn't actually matter how much you have lost, it's the effort and hard work that you put it into it that matters. When I first started, I was a bit less impressed by people that didn't have much to lose (eg people who's starting weight was a couple of stone less than my weight now) but I have learnt that is not important. I have had lots of support (and given lots I hope) from people like that. So what matters is that you have worked hard at it, you understand what it's like to struggle to lose weight and you want to support others. And you do so take the credit and be proud :)

Gail x

saturday 1st october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- mango & pineapple
lunch- mugshot with extra sweetcorn,banana & blueberries
dinner- taste of the orient chicken chow mein (6.5 syns)
snacks- latte (h/e a) 2 light hi-fi bars (h/e b
) 2 slices ham, 2 beetroot, pkt pom bear snacks (4 syns)

sunday 2nd october

red day
breakfast- bran flakes (h/e b) fat free natural yoghurt, banana
lunch- roast beef, brocolli,carrots & cauliflower, yorkshire pudding (6 syns)
dinner- bacon & grilled tomatoes 2 slices toast (h/e b) "fried egg"
snacks- melon, pineapple latte (h/e a)

Well done on the loss Val! So close now! Fingers crossed next wi you will be there! Woop!

thanks jules i don't feel very confidant this week i am sure my clothes r feeling a tad tighter :sigh: was tempted to get on the scales but stopped myself, know if it's not good will pig out :eek: hope ur having a good day love val xx

monday 3rd october

GREEN DAY
breakfast- banana, pineapple, mango & nectarine
lunch- spaghetti on toast (h/e b)
dinner- uncle bens sweet & sour rice time with
garden peas & sweetcorn
snacks- latte (h/e a) hi-fi bar (h/e b)

tomorrow night we r having an xmas party & taster session i have made a bread pudding and a summer fruits pudding using ryvita cracker bread instead of bread god knows what it's going to turn out like :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DA DA DA I AM AT TARGET WELL 0.5LB BELOW IT WHOOP WHOOP :bliss:it's a brilliant feeling just have to stay here now lol, thank you for ur messages it really has helped having such brilliant support on here xx
the slim summer pudding went down really well it didn't taste like a "diet pudding" the bread pudding i thought had too much fruit and for 3.5 syns for a tiny piece :eek: but did taste lovely am going to remake using less fruit if it comes out ok will put it on here.
slim summer fruit recipe-
8 ryvita original crackerbread (i used 6 wholemeal ones didn't need 8 for the size dish i used and can count as a h/e b if u want to)
1lb of frozen mixed berries (next time i'm going to use raspberries)
sweetener to taste

1- put the frozen fruit in saucepan with sweetener to taste simmer for 5 mins
2- line a square dish (i used a small lasagne dish 2 cracker breads fitted perfectly in the bottom, i cut 2 of them in half and used these for the sides
3- pour the fruit onto the crackerbread and put the last 2 crackerbread on the top
put a saucer on top and weight in down (i used a few more saucers
4- leave in fridge for 24 hours
5- serve with quark, fat free fromage frais or 0% total yoghurt mixed with sweetener to taste
if you use 8 crackerbread it's 16 syns and serves 4 so 4 syns each portion
using 6 crackerbread it's 3.5 syns or a h/e b plus 8 syns i didn't think the stewed fruit would be that much :eek: but working it out from the recipe i have it's 16 syns - 8 syns for the crackerbread which leaves 8 syns for the fruit, if u make it let me know what u think of it :) xx

tuesday 4th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- pineapple & banana latte (h/e a)
lunch- mug shot with extra sweetcorn & garden peas
dinner- rib eye steak, s/w new potato wedges, garden peas, tomato, mushrooms & watercress
snacks- s/w mince pie ( 3.5 syns) summerfruits pudding (4 syns) bread pudding (7 syns :eek:)
i haven't had my h/e b too full lol

FANTASTIC news Val. I'm so delighted for you. Well done :D :bliss::talk017:

Glad the pudding went well - not sure about crackerbreads in pudding though ???!

Gail x

FANTASTIC news Val. I'm so delighted for you. Well done :D :bliss::talk017:

Glad the pudding went well - not sure about crackerbreads in pudding though ???!

Gail x

thanks gail x you wouldn't have guessed the pudding had crackerbreads in it i tried it on my o/h he thought it was bread hee hee xx

Back