trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Lol...thanks for that Gail!

Ok, so I'm still within target, but its early days. I've been here before and like so many others I've put my weight back on again :(

I'm not doing that this time...

Blimey...don't think I dare to with sis Gail keeping an eye on me!

Val, we'll both get Gail to keep us on the straight and narrow shall we? :)

lol when i first came to minimins gail was always the one saying to me take one day at a time or draw a line under it her help and advice:whip: was invaluable and still is it really helps when someone keeps coming on ur diary to see what u've been upto :whoopass: i think it helps you to keep at it, it will be interesting to see what my weight does this week :scale: with the extra h/e b going to be a bit of trial & error i think, what day do u weigh mines tuesday xx

Hi Val.. How long ago did you reach target? A massive well done !!!
Thanks for checking up on me .. I need the biggest kick up the backside you can give at the moment.. There is always an excuse ( well there arent any valid ones really ) though this weeks is maybe a bit more understandable.. I have a mild stomach problem which has been going on a week now and when I eat I get gripping pains in my guts.. If I dont eat I get excessive hunger gripes !! Mad.. Anyway , I have a massive phobia of vomiting so there is no way I would put an eating plan before calming my insides ..Actually its quite an embarrassing phobia at times especially as a teacher .... get this .. I started nurse training at 18 . I lasted 12 weeks and spent a fair bit of that hiding away in the toilet ..
Anyway, I digress ( sp ?) this was to say well done to you not whinge about me ..so well done again Val..
:wavey: hi diana i only got to target on tuesday :rolleyes: re ur stomach problem u haven't got gallstones have you my daughter was suffering the same thing she was crying with the pain she had to have a scan and has massive gallstones and is on the waiting list to have her gallbladder removed :eek: it might be worth looking in to. i was going to give u a kick up the bum but decided a :bighug:was in order x hopefully when the pain gets better u will be able to get back on track just don't forget we r all rooting for u (don't think i've spelt it right but looked funny with a u in it lol ) hope u soon feel better xx

Well Valerie! Just look at you!

When I first joined minimins, you were one of my first inspirations (and Friends) alongwith the likes of Shrimpy (now a mollusc and another target maintainer). I also got to target, but wasn't disciplined to stay there!

Losing it is easy, keeping it off isn't! - at least in my experience.

Anyway, I stand to be happier over the next few weeks as I have a Florida trip to lose - I might even get a SOTW award as I stopped getting those ages ago;)

Well done on getting there!

Steve
x

Well Valerie! Just look at you!

When I first joined minimins, you were one of my first inspirations (and Friends) alongwith the likes of Shrimpy (now a mollusc and another target maintainer). I also got to target, but wasn't disciplined to stay there!

Losing it is easy, keeping it off isn't! - at least in my experience.

Anyway, I stand to be happier over the next few weeks as I have a Florida trip to lose - I might even get a SOTW award as I stopped getting those ages ago;)

Well done on getting there!

Steve
x
hi steve thank you x i have to agree with u about losing it being the easier part i have been here so many times b4 :eek: but have not been able to stick with it i do seem to have a different mind set at the moment long may it last lol, you have done really well i was always amazed at ur loses so well done u too xx

monday 10th october

RED DAY
breakfast- banana, melon
lunch- chicken & cranberry sandwich (h/e b) (2 syns) s/w summer fruits pudding & light spray cream ( 6 syns)
dinner- frozen mashed potato (4.5 syns) tomato, beetroot ham, pickle (2 syns)
snacks- 2 light hi-fi bars (h/e b) latte (h/e a) hi-fi bar (h/e b) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) packet velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)
i had loads of syns today i don't usually have many the day b4 weigh in i must feel more relaxed about it now

39 syns -22.5 = 16.5 syns left

Last edited:
tuesday 11th october
i have realsied this week i haven't had enough veg & salad so this week going to have loads :eek:

EXTRA EASY
breakfast- hi-fi bar (h/e b) & mango
lunch- chicken, lettuce, onion & tomato sandwich(h/e b) with cranberry sauce (2 syns)
dinner- pork stir fry with carrots, cabbage,onion, bean sprouts red, yellow & green peppers, sweet chilli sauce (1 syns) 1/2 pack chow mein noodles (1.5 syns)
snacks- latte (h/e a) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns)

105 syns - 9.5 = 95.5 left

Last edited:
Yay. Well done :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Well done on your maintenance val! You seem to be doing so well!! So motivated, great stuff!! X

weds 12th october

EXTRA EASY
breakfast-banana & latte
( h/e a ) hi-fi bar (h/e b)
lunch- turkey, gammon,swede,carrots,leeks, cauliflower,garden peas small yorkshire pudding, stuffing ball. smidgin gravy and cranberry sauce
(10 syns)
dinner- vegetable stir fry, carrot, red cabbage,cabbage,bean sprouts, red, green & yellow pepper soy sauce 1/2 pack chow mein noodles (1.5 syns) sweet chili sauce ( 2 syns)
snacks- hi-fi bar (h/e b) melon

95.5 syns - 13.5 = 82 syns left - 15 syns for 8 squares chocolate = 67 syns left eek

Last edited:
Well done Val! There's no stopping you now. Do you still have to go to meetings if you're maintaining? What will you do if Boots run out of Shapers mint choc bars??

Pomooky XXX

What will you do if Boots run out of Shapers mint choc bars??

Pomooky XXX

PANIC LOL thanks pomooky i couldn't get them from my local boots had to go to another town bought 5 boxes :eek: they are a godsend. i don't have to go to class every week now but i will because i do the weighing which is great for me keeps me on the straight and norrow ish. i was a bit naughty last night my daughter had given me a bar of chocolate i had 4 squares the other day which was 7 syns i had forgotten it was in the fridge :rolleyes: i had 4 squares then took another 4, so 15 syns worth of chocolate :eek:
there were 8 squares left so put them in the dustbin cause i didn't trust myself not to carry on eating it, so although i didn't control myself by eating it in the first place at least i had the sense to get rid of it in case i ate the lot (something i wouldn't have done pre getting to target) anyway hope ur ok have a good day love val xx

thursday 13th october

RED DAY
breakfast- banana, latte (h/e a) melon
lunch- chicken sandwich with lettuce, onion & tomato (2 h/e b) using 800g bread
dinner- 200g frozen mashed potato (3 syns) carrots,sprouts runner beans, lamb shank & smidgin gravy (2 syns)
snacks- shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) latte (h/e a) hi- fi bar (h/e b)

67 syns - 9 = 58 syns left

Last edited:
friday 14th october

GREEN DAY
breakfast- melon & pineapple
lunch- uncle bens sweet & sour rice time with sweetcorn & garden peas
dinner- 2 eggs on toast (h/e b)
snacks- banana, pineapple latte (h/e a) 2 light hi-fi bars (h/e b) shapers mint chocolate bar (4 syns) velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)

58 syns - 8 = 50 syns left minus another shapers bar lol = 46 syns left

Last edited:
Hi there Val,

I just googled the shape mint bars as I'd never heard of them! They sound lovely! Are they really worth 4 syns? I might try them next time I'm in town xxx

Back