trials and tribulations of a serial dieter - returning to s/w

Hello Val .. Do you think there is some sort of message we give ourselves when getting to target or even close to it in my case? Like a complacency setting in because we did all the hard work and now can back off a bit. Some weeks after getting to target we eat a bit more freely and get away with it so assume we can let go a bit.. Its so hard to claw back from that kind of thinking .. It isnt being on a diet for life BUT its def about making choices and knowing what the results of these choices will be ... Gillian Rileys books are really excellent in putting the basics into perspective and they fir in with the SW way of eating .. Not diet books as such but behaviour of choice .. I have been almost at target a few times then pressed the self destruct button each time and ended up back at square 1 .. You have done so well and are still doing well so allow yourself a few down days and give yourself some TLC.. Dont panic and carry on as you have been doing .. I know you will be fine

Thanks dawn & Diana will write properly tomorrow am on my phone b/ f has taken control of laptop AGAIN I can't really moan he doesn't get much of a look usually lol xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
hi all been busy today went to my sons and saw my grandaughter, then went to town to get a few more chrissie pressies the day has flown by and once again haven't thought non-stop about food :rolleyes: so i can see that keeping busy is the key :eek: it's weigh in tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what i've done this week. hope every one's having a good week xx

Morning Valerie x

Crumbs...wi already?

It soon comes round doesn't it?

Good luck hun xxx

I'm starting to worry about this whole grandparent malarky. Sounding like a full-time job.
Only just feels like I've got the boys off hand. :p

Hope you're having a fun time with your grandkiddie.

Hi crumble can be very busy with grandchildren. I've got 7 but only one lives By me got 4 in Wales & 2 in Malta they joke and say it would be a full time job for me if they were all here lol got my little granddaughter again on mon :)
I have got a really busy week not sure how I'm going to fit it all in. Have had a good week food wise so should stay in target. hope everyones doing ok xx

Hi Valerie x

Seems quite a while since I spoke to you x

So you stayed the same this week...excellent! That's just what you should be doing lol!

Love Dawnie x

Ok...that's not bad Valerie!

Stupid heavy trousers!!!

Hardly a big gain, so don't worry xxx

Sorry about the gain Valerie but I have no doubt that you will get shot of it very soon. Make sure that you leave those trousers at home for your next WI !

Hope that you have a lovely Chricstmas Val. X

Valerie

Wishing you and yours a brilliant Christmas!

Have lots of fun and I look forward to your posts when all the fuss is over - I love Christmas day but like it even more when it's over and I can stick on my tracky bottoms, try out my smellies etc. and just chill out with a kilo of mixed nuts....

Love Pomooky XXX

Well family have arrived they got here at 3 I forgot how hectic it is with 4 kids in the house , the tree has already been wrecked by the 10mth old eeeek lol we are having a day out at bedgebury park tomorrow am hoping it will be dry it will be nice to do something together xx

Back