tried all diets/plans/fads...can this be the time?

kayleigh.rebecca

Hi all. Im new to posting (been hovering this site for months) and i mean it when i say i have tried EVERYTHING!!!! I do think i have a horrible relationship with food and i binge eat the second i slip. Is this common? Now iv actually admitted this to myself can i actually do this? Fingers crossed :)

Hi ya hun

I could have written this! I got myself into a vicious cycle of binge eating in secret and taking awful diet pills to starve myself. Needles to say they didn't work one bit and I just ended up putting even more weight on.

I joined slimming world 19 weeks ago tomorrow and I'm ever so close to my target, just 5lbs to go. I haven't binged since joining and I am more aware of the triggers that made me do it

You're not alone Hun... X

Hi all. Im new to posting (been hovering this site for months) and i mean it when i say i have tried EVERYTHING!!!! I do think i have a horrible relationship with food and i binge eat the second i slip. Is this common? Now iv actually admitted this to myself can i actually do this? Fingers crossed :)

Everyone on this site has had a bad relationship with food, hence why we are all here for the same reason (or were at some point) so your really not alone.

like becky said it's about finding the triggers and being able to change them in a positive way.

I'm a terrible emotional eater, I don't know when I'm full and I binge on stuff I shouldn't.

When one of these happens it start's a shame spiral for me.

I get upset cos i've done it, then I feel like crap, then I eat, then feel like an ever bigger bag of crap.

A very harsh but true thing I have adopted as my mantra is "it's only food, It won't change how you feel it will only change your hips ;)." and the worst thing about that mantra is that it's true!

Joining minimins will be one of the best things you do because the support on here is geuinley remarkable and I'm sure it will have a positive impact on your weight loss journey :)

excuse the ramble! :D

Slim-my-hips that mantra is so true isn't it! I hope you don't mind if I adopt it as mine.

I'm trying to think of this as NOT a diet but a new way of life/attitude towards food, may take a while to change though, just got to keep taking it day by day I think!

Slim-my-hips that mantra is so true isn't it! I hope you don't mind if I adopt it as mine.

I'm trying to think of this as NOT a diet but a new way of life/attitude towards food, may take a while to change though, just got to keep taking it day by day I think!

Feel free hun! I said when i gave SW a go I'd have a think about my attitude to food and I need to think of it as fuel not a bandage for my feelings.

I'm trying to think of this as NOT a diet but a new way of life/attitude towards food

I thought this, and still do to some extent, but when your weight losses slow right down and even stop, you start thinking WHY AM I DOING THIS?! I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT!

Then you think RIGHT, I need to cut back on things...then the whole DIET thing kicks in again :(

Thanks for the replies. I find that Im an all or nothing dieter.. The second Im not 100% it goes downhill and it takes me days or even weeks to get back on track. I find sw to be the only plan that lets me eat if i need to eat. I just wish it wasn't a constant battle in my head! Iv joined class this week honestly iv lost track of how many sw packs i have got lol. I no the plan, i no what i can eat and the freedom of it but for some.reason it just doesn't 'click'. Sorry for the rant hehe

kayleigh.rebecca said:
Thanks for the replies. I find that Im an all or nothing dieter.. The second Im not 100% it goes downhill and it takes me days or even weeks to get back on track. I find sw to be the only plan that lets me eat if i need to eat. I just wish it wasn't a constant battle in my head! Iv joined class this week honestly iv lost track of how many sw packs i have got lol. I no the plan, i no what i can eat and the freedom of it but for some.reason it just doesn't 'click'. Sorry for the rant hehe

This is me down to a T, it's so frustrating, I've spent half my life yo yo dieting and binging to the extreme. I've lost count how many times I rejoined,
For me I have never been able to stick to SW cos it wasn't fast enough, (I'd hav lost ten pound in a week frm really extreme mad diets).
Anyway this time im goin to try and take it day by day, I'm trying to break my emotional eating habit as well and not be so hard on myself - hopefully this will be the last time I'll be at the top of this yo yo x

Day by day seems like the best idea for me now. The minute i start to think about weekend or meals at work it puts me right off. Also this really is a habit of a lifetime. At 25 iv been dieting and obsessed with food for about 13 years which is quite sad!! I find this site really helpful as i am not on my own In my madness lol. I work at a Costa coffee shop too... Temptations every day but ask me any questions about the coffees and cakes sins and Im sure i can find out :)

It's a really brave thing to admit to having issues with food and the thing about posting on here is that everyone understands and can relate to what you are saying, I am an emotional eater too so know how most of you feel.
I am determined to lose the 2st I need to day by day and I will never let a bad day turn into a bad week we are all capable of achieving what we want we just need the support x

Back